HubPages, a misguided venture?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (33 posts)
  1. Grandys profile image61
    Grandysposted 11 years ago

I see. I know how 'success stories' and those stuff work. When you enter a place, it may appear very nice and all. It is a mistake to believe those stories are true. They maybe used to bait the unsuspected. I have just joined HubPages, and want advice from people who have been here for long.

Does this site hub pages really work? I mean, does it give you 'enough' money as they promise? Or is it the same malicious business trick we see everywhere? Is the human impulse to lie and manipulate missing here for a good reason?

1. LeanMan profile image80
      LeanManposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Work your bits off here and other places on the internet as you would for a real job and you can make a living..

Turn up and regurgitate the same crap that is being spouted by everyone else or stuff that no one wants and you will only get disappointment. It needs targeted work, if you don't do the work don't expect the rewards!

Original work that is well written and being sought on the net will get you traffic and potentially earnings no matter what site you put it on..

Grandysposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Show real life evidence and data and I shall believe you. Too bad an attempt.

2. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hubpages do not "promise" to give you any money. They offer a platform for you to showcase your work, how much you earn is up to you. Why not try writing some hubs and see how that works our for you?

Nice try. It maybe just another of those junk websites that gull the unsuspected. And, they may have employed some assistants that keep on feeding the babies and telling them to engage with their mad business.

Can't be sure.

3. Niteriter profile image59
      Niteriterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You will get from HubPages exactly what you expect to get. Based on your comments here, you seemed predisposed to receiving a "malicious business trick" even before you get all the way through the doorway.

Expressing suspicion and hostility is not usually a good approach to forming any type of new relationship. Why not relax a little and publish a couple of Hubs? You might be surprised to find that HubPages (or the world, for that matter) is free of malice and prevaricative  manipulation when you become more peaceful in your mind.

2. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 11 years ago

This person is a troll.

Please see my post on http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/103097#post2194937

Is this the way you behave in real life too? Calling strangers anything that might come in your mind?! Consult a doctor, lady.

2. Hollie Thomas profile image60

Yep, this is becoming so tedious!

I see, so she has a habit of calling people trolls at random. Too bad. The internet is getting very unhealthy these days.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
          psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

...says the troll.

Everyone who is new here is a troll. Nice try. This welcome note says a lot.

Oh come on.  if you are pretending you are a new user you are lying.  Therein lies the trolling.

Last one. Your delusion is a fine example how this website goes. It's really makes me laugh that I even made the mistake of entering here. Too bad dear. Be happy, and keep wasting your time.

Whatever you say, Ian.

1. IzzyM profile image86
                    IzzyMposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I suspect he has stolen the ID of a genuine hubber.

Ian Hudson is English, and unlikely to use the US sounding terminology used by the troll. ("When you enter a place, it may appear very nice and all").

3. ptosis profile image68
      ptosisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! I  followed link - it's the same stuff over & over again. What's up with this poster?

That he got a nice welcome and discovered the truth of this website. Too bad.

4. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yep.  New hubber with lots of offensive threads started, and now beating up on HP.  WD maybe - it would be in line with all the other personas being created.

Sounds strange to me that anyone with a sound mind can go so far, without even knowing a person. Good life kid. Keep playing.

3. LeanMan profile image80
    LeanManposted 11 years ago

Why ask for an opinion if all you want to do is abuse the people who offer you an opinion in good faith.

If you want to write here write - if you don't go somewhere else.

I asked you to show evidence how much people really earn here, did you show that? Not everyone is a goat or a sheep Mr lean. Get a life. Be happy with your good website. Bait the fools.

1. profile image0
        Home Girlposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you are looking for a washroom,Grandys, I think this is a wrong door, sorry. big_smile

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60

Good one, Home Girl. big_smile

4. Len Cannon profile image88
    Len Cannonposted 11 years ago

I can confirm I do in fact make money off of HubPage's. Not as much as I used to, but cash is still coming in and it isn't entirely unsatisfactory.  I'm going to start pumping out Christmas and maybe Halloween hubs starting today.  If they don't get any traction during the holiday season, I think my time might be better spend elsewhere. I'll just be happy for the salad days and try new projects, in the end I am thankful for HP for the success I had.

5. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 11 years ago

I am NOT making any money and it's entirely my fault. I've lost my Google account and I think for ever. So far I cannot get it back.

6. noosepaper profile image69
    noosepaperposted 11 years ago

Haha! So funny he was banned from HubPages!

The whole time I was thinking, "how can you expect to make money when your Hubscore is 27" haha

1. Shanna11 profile image75
      Shanna11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hahaha I was torn between disgusted disbelief and vague amusement at this user. Sometimes people on the internet make me want to become a hermit for the rest of my life....

1. Robie Benve profile image95
        Robie Benveposted 11 years agoin reply to this

wow, joined and got banned in 6 hours, is that a new record?

1. relache profile image73
          relacheposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No.  People have been banned in much shorter timeframes before.

7. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 11 years ago

LMAO!  I tend to ignore ranters like this one.  Sheesh!  Forums are great for learning things, ideas for Hubs, and getting opinions from other writers.  All he wanted to do was rag, rag, rag to any response offered.  Reminded me too much of my ex.  Who needs that negativity???  I certainly don't!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)