God Speaking

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (34 posts)
  1. Laurinzo Scott profile image65
    Laurinzo Scottposted 11 years ago

Do you talk to God, and if so... how do you know when He's listening?

1. A Troubled Man profile image57
      A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Zeus and Thor always listen, that's why we have lightning and thunder. smile

Laurinzo Scottposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hmmmm...
        Interesting... to say the least!
        A  Troubled Man

2. Ann1Az2 profile image74
      Ann1Az2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, whenever I pray and I know He's listening because the Holy Spirit helps me understand the Bible and because my prayers are often answered. Other times, I know He is listening because I get chastened by Him and corrected.

1. Deborah Brooks profile image61
        Deborah Brooksposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ann it is so GREAT that we have the HOLY SPIRIT to guide us.. isn't it? There are so many times He has guided me the right way and kept me from going the wrong way..

2. Laurinzo Scott profile image65

Yes Ann1AZ2 I agree about the chastening part... I too have felt that sting!!!

3. Deborah Brooks profile image61

My lord listen to me all the time.   He is a good God.   He helps me even when I don't deserve it.   And I need him constantly..

That is so very true for all of us... Deborah
        thank God for Him opening our eyes to that fact.

2. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 11 years ago

I am God's psychiatrist so take it from there.

1. jacharless profile image73
      jacharlessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I want my $150 per/session back, please.

2. Laurinzo Scott profile image65

Hmmm...
      I will pray for you then my friend.

3. Laurinzo Scott profile image65

knolyourself
      I am afraid to touch that comment... truly I am my friend.

3. jacharless profile image73
    jacharlessposted 11 years ago

If you do not know he is listening then you are essentially talking to yourself.
    We all know the SSV [small still voice] but ignore it or cannot hear because our ego is 250% higher in decibel level. Makes it kind of challenging, yes?

James.

Well,
      very well said jacharless... that is why for me it is important to listen to other people, and watch what I read , listen to, and watch on even the "boob tube"... because I believe he talks in so many ways , through so many avenues.

Certainly, it is good, for a time, to watch what we allow in-out and get the opinions//help of others.
        But, clearly, the most important, effective, powerful and revealing avenue of communication is directly into your heart and mind. Problem is people are so in-tune to every other sound, including their own decibel level, they fear are unable to hear his voice, else not able to hear it correctly. They question if it is his voice at all, because that voice -as another person put it- is foreign to them.

But, many moons ago, I did an experiment. Living in the Big Apple, SF Bay or Philadelphia, is as noisy at it gets. Every possible sound one can imagine is there. Buses, cars, planes, elevator doors, cell phone yapping, subway trains, pizza oven doors, hotel front desk bells, you name it. Even the occasional flock of pigeons in Sheep Meadow, Central Park, too.

I took a ride out to the country and just sat by this little stream. It took upwards of two hours, or more, to get my hearing back to a level I was able to even hear the water fully, never mind the wings of that pesky mosquito. Same holds true for hearing our spirit and His. Explains why most of the action of hearing Creator, by people back-in-the-day, occurred in the desert or on mountain tops. Same thing happened when I went to St. Lucia. Was nearly deaf for hours and then all of a sudden could actually hear myself breathing and the wind skipping on the ocean. It was the weirdest thing, like my ears popped and everything was audible. The islanders laughed and said, "Welcome to paradise!" I couldn't agree more....

James

Wow,
          Thank you for sharing that wonderful testimony. I agree that when we are quiet He speaks, as I find that between two, and three a.m. to be my favorite times to just thank Him to no end...

2. Ann1Az2 profile image74

The best way to communicate with God is to delve into the Bible - seriously.

Seriously - No offense intended but NOT!
          Why? Because it implies a need for a third party proxy. Using the external to hear/know the internal. No different than asking a priest or pastor to speak to Creator on your behalf. Furthermore, the text has no power and cannot explain what Creator {who is the Spirit} is saying. In short, the bible is not Creators translator. Your heart is. The external {text, priest, etc} are fruitless. 2047 post-resurrection years + 3000 more pre-resurrection years prove that beyond belief. In fact, in order to hear the Spirit a person must be "beyond belief". Ironically, the text proves its inadequacy even though it provides information regarding those before us who have struggled with this very thing since Adam.

Textually, perhaps, had it not been for Deuteronomy, many might never have known the Word [ruach] has always been in them, to both hear it and do it [understand what it is saying and then act upon it]. Nonetheless, for lack of practical faith -and mountains of fear- people distrust their heart, which is the Spirit [ruach -the Breath of Life] Himself.

So, saying the bible is best is saying the bible is greater than Creator. In my book that is called idolatry, sorcery and pagan worship.

James.

1. Ann1Az2 profile image74

I didn't say to worship the Bible: I said to delve into it. It's God's Word, whether you believe or not. You cannot be pure of heart without knowing God's Word. And by the way, John 1 says"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." He goes on to say in verse 4, "In Him was life; and the life was the light of men."

Of course, if you don't believe the Bible is the Word of God, than none of this matters.

Yet it does matter, in more severity then most imagine.
              My definition of worship is to put anything or anyone in front of ones eyes to view it as powerful or able to explain, reveal, express, define, seek advice from or inundate as Truth. Those elements can range from ego to books. More especially the text because since its compilation in the late 14th century, has become god. As you said, and many others, it is the word of god. Not a word of or even some words of. No, emphatically it is the word of god. Ironically, the text says something altogether different. One point, misinterpreted is the Moshaich is the totality of all Creators word or was himself the word. Which then, immediately dismisses the text being the word of Creator because apparently just one human being is claimed to be that word.

Let me explain, again, what the term word mean in Hebrew. Because it does not imply what most have come to believe and worship above Creator. The term word appears in genesis many times. The precise translation is: ruach. Ask a Hebrew what ruach is and immediately they say: "The Breath of Life. The Force of Creator which makes a man living. It is the word of God. It is the power to create and the substance that is all creation."

A conversation,
              "Well, that is odd. Hmm, let us match that to what Yon says:
              In the beginning {genesis, @the moment of creation} was ruach. Ruach was with Creator and was/is Creator. All things were made {imagined, fashioned and formed} through ruach and without ruach nothing exists. In Ruach is Life and Life IS the light in man.
              Wait, wha-? Hold up. So you are telling me that the ruach -the word of Creator- is that light in man?
              "Yes."
              So then it is true, the word IS in us both to hear it and do it?
              "Yes"
              What is ruach then?
              "It is Spirit -the very essence of Creator"
              So Creator, at the beginning used his power and put that power into humans and humans alone?
              "Yes"
              Every human has the Spirit or just one -even just Moshaich?
              "Every human, else they could be exist -nothing can exist without Creator who is his own spirit, especially Moshiach. Every human was formed, fashioned, designed and made alive by ruach. What's more, they are also enabled with the same power. Designed this way to know, understand, interact, manage the very creation around them. That was their purpose -to be a complete reflection of all of creation combined. They were created by, with, through and in ruach to be the ruach of Creator. They are his glory. As it is said,the earth shall be filled with his glory and his angels testify to it."
              So what about the bible, the preachers, churches, religions, sciences and such? If Creator himself is in us, the Word is in us, do we need these thngs?"
              As Adam put his ego ahead of the One within, many put objects in front of them. These can be sacred, mental and physical objects too. They are all idols and cause man to worship them or worship themselves --and seek the advice or comfort of these objects; to seek information, assistance or wisdom from them. In short, humans lower themselves, bend their knees to something beneath them, and become enslaved by those objects, even as they became slaves to reason {good-evil}.
              Creator designed humans to understand Him and be his reflection --and put in them that information, else humans would be no greater than a tree or crab or blade of grass. So remember, the Kingdom of Heaven is not a place you should look forward to, but is that place inside you, where the ruach is, where the dwelling of the Spirit -who is Creator- lives. Else you deceive yourself and others.

James.

2. A Troubled Man profile image57

There may be many who believe the Bible is the Word of God, but there are very few who actually support that claim, they're usually called fundamentalists and would never take their child to a doctor if they're ill, but instead would pray to God to heal them, for example. Most Christians cherry pick their beliefs and discard the rest, even though they believe it is the Word of God they are discarding.

Now I am a believer troubled in the power of God, up to and including His power to heal, and His power to impart knowledge to the doctors that He might use to help heal you!!!!  In situation like that; that is essentially where hearing from God, and not your own Ego system becomes Most  important.

1. A Troubled Man profile image57

But, we already know God doesn't heal because we have doctors and hospitals.

But, we already know he doesn't impart knowledge to doctors in order to heal people because people die every day from their ailments. Has God imparted how to cure cancer?

No... but if you believe some of the bible, which it seems to me youmay not then you have to believe that god din't bring sickness including cancer into the world man did. I have suffered the loss of a couple of family members to it, and yet I don't blame God.

2. Deborah Brooks profile image61

Ann that is so true.. I love reading the bible.. it helps me know God that much more..the bible HIS word gives me hope and shows me about Love.. God Bless you all..

4. Rebecca Wendt profile image60
    Rebecca Wendtposted 11 years ago

I talk to God all the time.  I believe He is listening all the time as well, He just dosen't reply audibly. He is the silent type, letting me mull through my thoughts and feelings leading me in my thoughts to His answer for me.  But I have to focus my thoughts around His word to hear His reply.  I believe He has replied when I feel a moving in my heart either to feel a certain way or to act on something.  I think some people atribute this feeling of reply as 'intuition' or 'that little voice in the back of my mind', but whatever you call it, I think it's God speaking to me.

I so strongly agree with you Rebecca , about just how God answers so in such subtle ways. Inside of us and how we react , or act sometimes is God moving, and speaking through us.

5. Rebecca Wendt profile image60
    Rebecca Wendtposted 11 years ago

Answered prayers and chastisement.....yes, He is glorious!  Disciplining just as a loving father should.

6. profile image0
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 11 years ago

I often converse with God about things that are bothering me or at times things are tough. The relief I feel afterwards and how good I start to feel I know He's listening. Afterwards things become great again so I know my prayers were heard. I never waver in my faith and let Him guide me each day.

I like that Gypsy Rose never wavering in your faith, I agree is the key. Is not always easy; but worth the energy extended.

7. Jonathan Janco profile image61
    Jonathan Jancoposted 11 years ago

I don't believe God intervenes on this level of form, but I do allow the Holy Spirit into my heart for the purpose of guidance and prayer. All in all it is a private thing, so I will speak of it only briefly. I have had some experience with channeling and divination and all I can say is be careful what you listen to. GWB claimed to have conversations with God and based on the 'orders' he said he was following I would say he was listening to a very dark entity. However, I do feel that he believed he was speaking to God.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)