Weekly Topic Inspiration: Diseases, Disorders, and Conditions

Jump to Last Post 1-36 of 36 discussions (111 posts)
  1. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 11 years ago

We all encounter diseases, disorders, and conditions some way or another- usually firsthand, though even more frequently through friends, coworkers, and family members. What have you learned from your experience that might help others suffering from a particular condition? Share your knowledge and expertise as part of this week’s Weekly Topic Inspiration challenge.

Don’t have a particular Hub in mind? Here are some search-friendly titles to consider using:
    Common Skin Disorders
    What is Congestive Heart Failure?
    Living with Heart Murmurs
    Heart Cancer: Real Life Lessons
    How I Found Binge Eating Disorder Help
    Are Eating Disorder Treatment Centers Effective?
    Treatments for Bipolar Disorder that Worked for Me
    Recognizing Autoimmune Disease Symptoms
    Living with Congential Heart Defects
    Congestive Heart Failure Treatment: My Experience
    Signs of Heart Problems: Lessons I’ve Learned
    Heart Conditions List
    How I Fought My Compulsive Eating Disorder
    How to Help Gum Disease: What I Learned the Hard Way
    Types of Heart Conditions
    Meniers Disease: My Experience
    Do You Have a Binge Eating Disorder?
    Adrenal Disease: Diagnosis and Treatment
    Bipolar Disorder Facts & Practical Living Tips
    How I Found Help for Depression

To create search-friendly titles of your own, follow the steps outlined in this Learning Center guide.

If you'd like to join in on this week's topic by writing a Hub, follow these steps:

1)    Stop by this week's Weekly Topic Inspiration Question.
    2)    Click the green button "answer this question".
    3)    Click the gray button below the box (leave that empty) that says "make a Hub about it."
    4)    Give your Hub a very specific title, like Easy Summer Gardening Projects for Kids or Challenging Summer Activities for Teens
    5)    Create good quality original content that hasn't been covered before.
    6)    After you publish your Weekly Topic Inspiration Hub, come back to this forum thread and post a link to your Hub with a brief description of what you wrote about and why.

For more information on the Weekly Topic Inspiration program, check out the Learning Center guide.

Oh, and do you want your WTI Hub to have a shot at becoming a Hub of the Day? Make sure the images are legally used and properly attributed!

1. ananceleste profile image61
      anancelesteposted 11 years agoin reply to this
        Simone Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow, thanks for sharing your personal experience with Multiple Sclerosis ananceleste!

2. Denise Handlon profile image83
        Denise Handlonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi ananceleste-I've made two attempts on two different days to read your hub but have gotten an "unpublished" notice when I click on your site?? sad

1. ananceleste profile image61
          anancelesteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ok. The issue is fixed. Go ahead. smile

2. Missy Mac profile image67
      Missy Macposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, I have personal first hand knowledge of several of the above illness.  Thanks again.

3. GiblinGirl profile image72
      GiblinGirlposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you want to know the "common causes and cures for heartburn," read my hub of the same name.

http://giblingirl.hubpages.com/hub/Comm … tburn?done

4. Love virus profile image59
      Love virusposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I recently saw HubPages has pulled down some graphs from the "Success Stories" page. The horror! I am new here, but feel fed up watching all these religion and conspiracy stuff! A girl wants fun!

I trust HubPages 100% from my heart. You can never do anything wrong. Any hateful doubter here anyway, check the forum thread. It's all senseless talk, nothing else.

ATTENTION: HubPages Success Stories Graphs are GONE

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/103890

2. kathleenkat profile image83
    kathleenkatposted 11 years ago

I have created a Hub on Lactose Intolerance, and how I have learned to live with it:

http://kathleenkat.hubpages.com/hub/Lif … rance?done

Hopefully what I share can help others better cope with Lactose Intolerance.

1. Denise Handlon profile image83

Nice work here.  smile

2. Simone Smith profile image87

Great advice! I have many friends who are lactose intolerant- I bet they would find this Hub to be most useful.

3. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 11 years ago

Oh, I would love to write hubs on several of the topics mentioned as they are right up my street!

Unfortunately, this account and my health-related subdomain account are both slapped, so I'd be wasting both time and effort.

But hey kudos to those of you who can!

Sorry to hear that, IzzyM. Would you not be interested in publishing a Hub on your main account?

4. missa72542 profile image91
    missa72542posted 11 years ago

Well, I just wrote about Urinary Tract Infections: What causes them, how to treat them, etc.

Since I have been through a UTI before I know how rough they can be. Maybe my hub will help some people out on how to treat and prevent them.

http://missa72542.hubpages.com/hub/Urin … ctionsWhat

Good one!  smile

Wow, thanks for sharing what you've learned from your personal experience! I'm glad to be equipped with this knowledge AHEAD of time!

5. LensMan999 profile image58
    LensMan999posted 11 years ago

i wrote a new hub

Bipolar Maniac Depression and Tips to Handle and Overcome Depression
    http://lensman999.hubpages.com/hub/Intr … Depression

Waiting for your feedback

1. Brownie83 profile image89
      Brownie83posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I was excited to see that someone decided to write about Bipolar disorder, but unfortunately your review is awfully opinionated and filled with unsupported information. As a RN who has experience with patients and friends suffering from Bipolar disorder, it is hard to read your hub filled with run-on sentences and information that misguides the average reader on Hubpages. Just a little review for those people who are unaware of Bipolar disorder:
      1.    Bipolar disorder: Not Bipolar Maniac Depression (If this is a typo, it is sometimes called Manic-depressive disorder)
           -    There are 3 kinds of Bipolar disorder: Bipolar I, Bipolar II, and Bipolar disorder not otherwise specified. These types vary in the frequency of manic episodes, major depression, or hypomania.
      2.    Who does it affect?
            -Approximately two percent of U.S. population has a lifetime prevalence of bipolar disorder and the World Health Organization states it is the 6th leading cause of disability-adjusted life years worldwide between ages 15-44.
           -Bipolar I disorder affects men & women equally and bipolar II disorder is more common in women.
            -Age of onset is typically between 15-30 years of age (Not only housewives & not only the “workless”)
      3.    Bipolar disorder is strongly linked with genetics and twin studies have demonstrated between a 40-70% lifetime risk for identical twins and 5-10% risk for first degree relative with the disorder.
      4.    Is it curable?
           -Bipolar disorder requires intensive psychiatric care and close monitoring of drug therapy as many of these drugs have the potential for serious side effects.
            -    Up to 90% of patients who have one manic episode will relapse within five years and bipolar I disorder usually has a relapse-remission pattern with alternative depressive and manic episodes.
      5.    Bipolar is a serious condition   
            -Those with bipolar disorder have high rates of alcohol and substance abuse which further complicate their disorder and treatment plan.
            -Up to 50% of patients with bipolar disorder attempt suicide and 15% due by suicide. This is a significantly higher proportion than those who suffer from depression alone.

If you or someone you know has Bipolar disorder, I suggest you obtain evidence-based medical materials to become educated about this disorder so that you can truly understand the complexity of this mental disorder. I am afraid you have been misinformed.
      Stovall, J., & Keck, P. (2012). Bipolar disorder in adults: Epidemiology and diagnosis. In D. Solomon. UpToDate. Retrieved from http://www.uptodate.com

1. Austinstar profile image84
        Austinstarposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Brownie83, you made some serious points there. I was shocked to see that LensMan titled his hub with the word 'maniac'. I do hope that is a typo.
        I just published my WTI hub on anemia - http://austinstar.hubpages.com/hub/Anem … -Treatment
        I treated so many types of anemia with blood transfusions that I felt qualified to write about it. Medical topics are difficult unless one is truly familiar with the information.

Great work here, Austinstar.

2. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 11 years agoin reply to this

People like you with qualifications or those with a complete understanding of a medical condition should be the only people who write on such subjects IMO.

I read the hub in question and now understand fully why Google slapped my accounts.

It is because they are linked to stuff like this.

Would you trust this site with your credit card? springs to mind.

I am a qualified nurse from a medical family who worked in the field for 10 years, before leaving to raise a family.

I would not dream of publishing anything medical that I did not know to be true and factual.

The sad thing about sites like Hubpages is that they allow anyone to publish. Even people who think 'maniac depression' is the same thing as 'manic depression'.

Unfortunately from an SEO point of view, Google does not see the difference as the word still spells out M-A-N-I-C in the same order.

We will all end up "helpless, hopeless & workless".

3. profile image58
        Plumbo01posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Your post confused me Brownie83.

4. ruralrider profile image61
        ruralriderposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am bi-polar, have had many problems with it.  I struggle daily to keep my head up and to look forward every day.  I suffered from depresion for a long time and sometimes it has been miserable.  I just joined hubpages and i hope that my experiences can help.  I hope my way of thinking can give me an edge in writting.

Hi ruralrider-welcome to HP and the WTI forum.  I wrote a hub about my depression experience for this and encourage you to write about yours.  The deadline to get it in for this week's is Monday morning...although, it can be added at ANY time.  The advantage is being able to get the exposure here.   Good luck.

5. LensMan999 profile image58
        LensMan999posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh... My friends and relatives have this disorder so i decide to write one hub when i see this hubmob topic ,it is not for the medical professionals. its for basic layman who afraid about medical jargons.

2. profile image0
      Arlene V. Pomaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This Hub was poorly written, and no consideration was given to people who actually live with bi-polar.  To me, it reads like something a content mill writer would do for a fast buck.  If the writer of this piece will go as far as to call manic-depression/bi-polar as "Bi-Polar Maniac Depression," you've blown it all the way around.  Manic depression was the term used in the past.  Bi-polar is what it is called now.  I can poke many holes through this article because it is written without any back-up information.  It was purely written to take up space.  Therefore, I am skipping this week's WTI because of this carelessness.  When it comes to medical information, don't put anything out there when you clearly don't know what you're talking about.  You aren't doing your readers any favors.

3. Simone Smith profile image87

Hey y'all! Thanks for providing the feedback that LensMan999 requested- it's very helpful.
      Just be sure to keep it polite and constructive! All of us make mistakes, and they are rarely intentional. smile

You're so right, Simone.  Thanks for this important reminder.  Hub Hugs to you.  smile

2. 2uesday profile image66
        2uesdayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

" All of us make mistakes, and they are rarely intentional." End of quote.

Surely this is one of the problems with encouraging hubbers to write hubs on health based topics.

Health and illness is a topic where mistakes do matter even if they are unintentional.  People reading online articles seeking advice on mental health and illnesses are often vulnerable.

I seem to recall a comment from Google* at the time of one of its major updates, which indicated that it wanted fully trustworthy and qualified medical advice. Can I say that - as 'everyday experts' not all Hubbers will be equal to offering the type of advice that can be found by the qualified medical experts. If it comes down to reading up on and then reworking what has been read then online then what is the point? It could result in the equivalent of a whispering game where the end message bears no resemblance to the message at the start.

Good luck to and no problem with those who wish to share their personal health problems and the medically qualified.
        Just finding the reappearance of this as a 'directed topic' not what I had expected after all the attempts to update.

Found this Google quote - *Amit Singhal: That's a very, very hard problem that we haven't solved, and it's an ongoing evolution how to solve that problem. We wanted to keep it strictly scientific, so we used our standard evaluation system that we've developed, where we basically sent out documents to outside testers. Then we asked the raters questions like: "Would you be comfortable giving this site your credit card? Would you be comfortable giving medicine prescribed by this site to your kids?"

1. kathleenkat profile image83
          kathleenkatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think the purpose of this topic was to write first-hand advice on medical problems. Maybe I am mistaken? I am lactose intolerant, so I wrote about my experiences and findings there. I saw some other posters stating that they suffered from topic X, and chose to wrote about topic X.

I don't expect anyone seeking medical help to be perusing HubPages for advice. I would direct them to WebMD, or a local walk-in clinic, if they were to contact me.

I think it's okay to write about medical problems, if we have personally experienced them.  If not, it should be completely objective, and clearly states so.

1. 2uesday profile image66
            2uesdayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes I believe your experience can be useful to others. lactose problems seem to be an increasing problem and not one that is always easy to get advice on. You may help someone to find the clues on how to deal with it.

My post was not aimed at anyone writing and linking a hub here it was a general observation.

This is not the first time health topics have featured as a subject maybe I am recalling hubs I have seen in the past when I state my concerns on this. For example, I have in the past seen articles on miracle cancer cures which I fear can play on people who are vulnerable.

2. IzzyM profile image87
          IzzyMposted 11 years agoin reply to this

+1

I have just unpublished all of my health hubs and will be moving them offsite. I don't want them linked to stuff like this.

3. LensMan999 profile image58
        LensMan999posted 11 years agoin reply to this

According the situations in my country (india) ,i written that hub .I think it is entirely different from what is happening in other countries .Here Bipolar is a disorder far more commonly found in women...not men. But it is reverse in other countries .

6. Minga E profile image61
    Minga Eposted 11 years ago

Some simple ideas that help make my life easier. Enjoy!

http://mingae.hubpages.com/hub/Living-w … bromyalgia

EXCELLENT-and very helpful.   Two thumbs up  lol

1. Minga E profile image61
        Minga Eposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you!

Simple ideas and from someone who has the experience needed to share them. This is a lovely Hub, Minga E! Thanks for creating it.

1. Minga E profile image61
        Minga Eposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the kind words!

7. missa72542 profile image91
    missa72542posted 11 years ago

Hmm.... Do I dare ask what you all think of my hub? XD haha. (the one I linked towards the top - before the 'Bi-polar maniac depression' guy)

Hope I didn't mess anything up D:

Missa-lol   yours was fine.  I read it and commented.  smile

1. missa72542 profile image91
        missa72542posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you smile lol

smile   No problem.  hee hee.

8. profile image0
    Daphne Shadowsposted 11 years ago

Okay, truth be told, I'm an uber newbie here and have no clue what this forum thingy is at all like, so I'm just jumping in. If I posted something here incorrectly please let me know and I'll remedy it as best I can. But without any further adieu....

I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and have done two hubs on it.

1 - What is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?

http://daphneshadows.hubpages.com/hub/W … drome-info

2 - Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: How to Cope

http://daphneshadows.hubpages.com/hub/H … e-Syndrome

I included research, theories from many different sources, and my own experiences.  Hope I can help someone out there with CFS!

Great job-enjoyed reading both of them.  smile

1. profile image0
        Daphne Shadowsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you! big_smile

Welcome to HubPages Daphne Shadows! I'm so glad you're joining in on the thread. Thanks for sharing those Hubs (and your special expertise), and should you like more information about the Weekly Topic Inspiration Program, check out this Learning Center guide: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Week … nspiration

1. profile image0
        Daphne Shadowsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for all the help! Y'all are a friendly bunch - its nice! Definitely going to check it out.

9. profile image0
    KDuBarry03posted 11 years ago

here is my newest hub for this week's topic. In this hub, I decided to work with Depression, Anxiety, and Workaholicism because I have dealt with all three and I wish to offer some tips that I discovered along the way to help fight, maintain, and stray away from such mental disorders.

Mental Health: Depression and Anxiety
    http://kdubarry03.hubpages.com/hub/Ment … nd-Anxiety

Excellent info, Keith.  Cute photo, too!  smile

I've dealt with those three doozies too, and think the advice you share is super solid (though I do advocate taking medication for depression in some cases- I never did take medication, but have some close friends who really did need it). Thanks for the Hub, KDuBarry03!

1. profile image0
        KDuBarry03posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Those three Doozies are crazy to deal with! You are right, some people do need medication. smile

10. Denise Handlon profile image83
    Denise Handlonposted 11 years ago

Here is my contribution:  About Depression...   

http://denisehandlon.hubpages.com/hub/H … Story?done

A well-presented Hub! I like how you covered the different aspects and manifestations of the state. Just tweeted it through the HubPages account wink

Awww, shucks Simone, Thank ya' kindly, (this said with the voice of Mickey Mouse's friend: GOOFY)  lol

2. profile image0
      KDuBarry03posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Simone; well presented and a great read! Shared it on pinterest and twitter smile

11. ITcoach profile image56
    ITcoachposted 11 years ago

Hi Every one.

A very fruitful discussion is on going on this forum. I like to contribute about some technology hubs and Blogging. The Topics you explained are not of worth using. As a technology guy i will prefer to use these i am telling you that most of the people using internet want to learn on how to earn online or earn with affiliate links. I am hopeful to hear about these topics too.

Hey ITCoach!
      We definitely choose tech/blogging-related topics for Weekly Topic Inspiration themes every couple of weeks, so stay on the lookout!

12. daisydayz profile image84
    daisydayzposted 11 years ago

Oh I think this is a great topic, that will no doubt help educate all of us on different health problems. Will have to have a think about what to write about. I personally have a very weird reaction to insect bites, that even confuses doctors sometimes! And my grandfather had a rare form of dementia (which is actually becoming a lot more recognised now than it was when he died) which was wrongly diagnosed twice - Lewy Body dementia. So I might look more into those! Thanks for an interesting topic to push my creative bondaries a bit

I'm pleased you think so! Do take your time- there's no rush with these things, and you can most certainly share WTI Hubs well after the official week has passed.
      I'm very intrigued by the insect bite debacle you're dealing with- I've got some friends who also get weird reactions and would love to see what you find on the subject- as well as your grandfather's form of dementia.  So glad you're getting involved!

1. daisydayz profile image84
        daisydayzposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well if your not too squeamish you can take a look at what happens when I get bitten by a tiny gnat here http://daisymay-dayz.blogspot.co.uk/201 … y-8-9.html

Oh my gosh, that's the worst! I once had a reaction like that, but it was a very serious spider bite- nothing like a gnat.
          How uncomfortable that must be!

13. ananceleste profile image61
    anancelesteposted 11 years ago

Unfortunaly, Hubpages consider my hub a duplicate. Apparently I can't explain the particularities of MS without being considered a duplicate.  I have no idea how can I present the clinical aspects of multiple sclerosis without the clinical information. I have tried to change it without compromising the information. Let's see what the good people of hubpages say.

Ananceleste, the reason why we do not allow people to publish content that exists elsewhere online (even if we're talking formal medical definitions) is that it hurts authors' reputations in the eyes of Google.
      By adding additional original explanations to your work, you should not have any trouble with publishing it. smile
      I hope that clears things up!

14. mary615 profile image82
    mary615posted 11 years ago

I like how you've taken a look at how AIDS has been perceived in the US over time- very interesting!

1. mary615 profile image82
        mary615posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Simone.

Wonderful hub, Mary-read it and commented. smile

15. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 11 years ago

I've written a hub about vitiligo, a disorder which I have that involves the loss of skin pigment.

http://aliciac.hubpages.com/hub/Vitilig … gmentation

I had always wondered about the disorder and what causes it- this is a great resource!

Excellent, Alicia.  Too bad they have no real info about how it starts, other than an autoimmune deficiency disorder; or the effective treatment.

16. Sherry Hewins profile image92
    Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years ago

This is my experience with bladder spasm, a very uncomfortable and hard to treat condition.

http://sherryhewins.hubpages.com/hub/UT … ience?done

Wow, I've never even heard about that before! I'm really glad you created this Hub to help get the word out. I'm sorry you had to go through that experience, though!

Great info here, Sherry.  I really learned a lot! smile

17. Ruchira profile image71
    Ruchiraposted 11 years ago

Dedicating my weekly topic to my dad, who lost his battle from this silent killer:
    http://ruchira.hubpages.com/hub/Prostra … ent-Killer

1. profile image0
      Kena Bladelposted 11 years agoin reply to this

http://kenabladel.hubpages.com/hub/Body … sand-words ... Body Dysmorphic Disorder. One of the worst problems. Thank God I don't tend to give much attention to what others say about my appearance...

Interesting info and photos here.  smile

Ruchira, this is an excellent Hub, and I am sorry for your loss. The statistics and practical facts you've incorporated into this article are very helpful.

Kena, I'm all about getting the word out about BDD, so I'm glad you created this Hub! There is one image with a watermark though- be sure to take that out, because with it present, your Hub is at risk of being moderated!

1. profile image0
        Kena Bladelposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you forn the warning, i'll redo it reight away. Spread, BDD is getting killed beautiful and innocent girls/guys who are stalked by means of communication. Thank you guys!

3. Denise Handlon profile image83

Ruchira-wonderful hub.  So sorry to hear of your loss and I'm hoping you are doing well.  Take care.  sad

18. CyberShelley profile image76
    CyberShelleyposted 11 years ago

I have published a hub on binge eating disorder, as 50% of the sufferers are men, who more often than not, don't see it as a problem.  The only personal connection I have is through a good friend with bulimia. 
    Binge eating is the more common disorder and perhaps easier in the aspect that binge eaters don't purge as do bulimics, thereby avoiding the damage acid reflux does to the esophagus and stomach lining and the knock on effect to the bowels and kidneys. 

http://cybershelley.hubpages.com/hub/DO … G-DISORDER

Read it and commented.  smile

19. againsttheodds profile image60
    againsttheoddsposted 11 years ago

Here is one about Morgellons disease which is a relatively new and still mostly unconfirmed illness.  Those reporting symptoms have mostly been called psychotic.  It is a disease that lives in the conspiracy circles, but as I am writing a lot about nanotechnology I thought it was interesting to share the latest claims by one of the researchers who does believe that fibers are emerging through people's skin.

Thanks.

Moregellons - Fake Disease, Nanoparticles, or Something Else

Amazing info here!

20. Hyphenbird profile image82
    Hyphenbirdposted 11 years ago

I wrote one about a little diagnosed learning disorder called Dysgraphia that has personally affected my family.
    http://hyphenbird.hubpages.com/hub/Dysg … Your-Child

1. againsttheodds profile image60
      againsttheoddsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Great hub, it should do well.

Good one!

21. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 11 years ago

This weekly topic inspired me to write about my experience with tinnitus. I also created a tinnitus survey, which I included at the end, to try to determine possible common afflictions that may cause tinnitus.

Tinnitus Sufferer's Experience With Ringing in the Ears » »

read it and commented.

22. posts profile image70
    postsposted 11 years ago

Thankx for this post. Easy for brainstorming ideas!!

23. chiradeep profile image68
    chiradeepposted 11 years ago

Dear friend,

For others inspiration I am always ready to share my story and experiences. I am a congenital heart patient. I have suffered a lot physically & mentally due to my problem but above everything I have overcome all negativity and living in positiveness to encourage, help & counsel others.

Read few of my experiences at: http://chiradeepp.wordpress.com/2012/05 … egativity/

Thanks for the opportunity.

Chiradeep

Chiradeep-very touching.  Thank you for sharing your story.  Best wishes.

1. chiradeep profile image68
        chiradeepposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Denise

24. JakeFrost profile image60
    JakeFrostposted 11 years ago

Hi there Simone,

I decided to write a hub about Anger, it took me some debating as to whether it fell within this weeks topic inspiration but I was inspired to write it by this thread so I figured it would count.

Here it is:
    Understanding Anger and it's Consequences

Good one!

25. Sherry Hewins profile image92
    Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years ago

This is my second hub on this week's topic. I'm not sure why this topic was not the first one to occur to me, since it's something I've had since birth. But maybe that is why, it's just part of me. I feel a little bit like I'm "coming out" by talking about this. In my online life, nobody ever has to know about it, but I feel moved to talk about it now. The subject is:

Born With Short Fingers and Normal Thumb - Symbrachydactyly

http://sherryhewins.hubpages.com/hub/Bo … chydactyly

Thanks for "coming out"    I love the sound of the word: symbrachydactyly
      smile

26. sholland10 profile image85
    sholland10posted 11 years ago

Mosquitoes love me, and it seems that West Nile Virus is hitting the news right now.  My brother had it one year, and I have always been afraid I would get it.  Researching it was very interesting, and I learned so much about it.  We definitely need to be aware. 

http://sholland10.hubpages.com/hub/The-West-Nile-VIrus

Read and commented.

1. sholland10 profile image85
        sholland10posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Denise! :-)

2. sholland10 profile image85
        sholland10posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Denise, after reading your hub on depression, I wanted to share what I have found for panic attacks.  I wrote this back in July.  I have experienced panic attacks for most of my life.  Since there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason, I started trying to figure what I could do for them.  An herbalist introduced me to L-theanine.  It has helped me and I hope the information helps others. 
        http://sholland10.hubpages.com/hub/Stop … L-Theanine

27. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
    DzyMsLizzyposted 11 years ago

This hub deals with the condition of Epilepsy, from the perspective of our experiences with our cat, who suffers with this.

http://dzymslizzy.hubpages.com/hub/Epil … es-It?done

28. Mom Kat profile image78
    Mom Katposted 11 years ago

I've covered a range of these with some of my hubs...

A personal story of living with anorexia: http://momkat.hubpages.com/hub/Living-W … g-Disorder

ADHD & Adult ADHD - a personal account: http://momkat.hubpages.com/hub/Raising- … D-yourself

Insomnia: http://momkat.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-s … t-insomnia

I have others on ways to pull yourself up out of minor depression and things like that.
    Guess it's a good thing I'm so messed up... lol...

29. JakeFrost profile image60
    JakeFrostposted 11 years ago

Here is my second helping to this weeks topic inspiration. There are really loads of ideas for this week.

Anxiety disorders are to do with feelings of fear, apprehension and tension that people experience. Everybody experiences anxiety at some time in their life. This article will explain all about the different types of phobias.

Anxiety Disorders - Phobias

30. Marketing Merit profile image94
    Marketing Meritposted 11 years ago

I live with a debilitating disease that has no cure. It is not life threatening. For that, I am eternally grateful.

But I am not as grateful for the lost days, weeks, months of my life. For the people who have accused me of being drunk. For the sleepless nights and depression that accompany this incurable condition.

Discover how I cope living with Ménière's disease.

Ménière's Disease - Why I'm Spinning Around!

31. Novel Treasure profile image89
    Novel Treasureposted 11 years ago

I misread the directions and created the hub without clicking on the question first. Hopefully, this still gets counted.

I created a hub on raising a young child with a severe peanut allergy.

http://noveltreasure.hubpages.com/hub/P … -Allergies

32. teresamg profile image61
    teresamgposted 11 years ago

http://teresamg.hubpages.com/hub/Otoscl … ng-Disease

I have Otosclerosis and I just wanted to share information about this hearing disease and what I have to go through.

33. Melovy profile image93
    Melovyposted 11 years ago

I think this hub fits the topic, but I forgot to go the proper way through the questions. It's about bronchiolitis in babies, and is timely because bronchiolitis season starts next month. http://melovy.hubpages.com/hub/Bronchio … -in-Babies

34. Tired Buzzard profile image59
    Tired Buzzardposted 11 years ago

How funny. I wrote a hub last week about a condition, and I didn't even know about this Weekly Inspiration thing (I'm fairly new here). Since I didn't see this until now, I didn't go through the question. However, if anyone's interested, here's my hub about Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome:

http://tiredbuzzard.hubpages.com/hub/Wh … e-Disorder

I may not be a medical professional, but DSPS is something I've been dealing with for about 15 years, so I hope that makes me qualified to write about it. wink

35. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 11 years ago

I'm so impressed with the Hubs you've created this past week on diseases, disorders, and conditions!!!

This week's subject is communication technology. Just as many of us have had firsthand (or secondhand) experience with diseases and disorders, many (well, to be honest, all) of us have regular interactions with communication technology.

I hope you'll share your personal expertise in this week's new thread!

1. Love virus profile image59
      Love virusposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Great! I have just joined, but enjoying the ride so much! I am on my way to publish my very first hub. I would try one for 'communication technology' as well. Anyway, lots of fun.

36. meloncauli profile image90
    meloncauliposted 11 years ago

I hope this article about my kidney cancer is ok for this topic inspiration:
    http://meloncauli.hubpages.com/hub/Neph … ey-Removal

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)