Ban THOSE who defame HubPages

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (47 posts)
  1. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

People can have any opinion about HP they like so long as they don't lie or open sockpuppet accounts.

1. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

psycheskinner, is it just me or does that thread have the appearance of one person operating multiple accounts and arguing with him/herself?

2. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 11 years ago

ban?...ha ha ha...

3. Shelly McRae profile image69
    Shelly McRaeposted 11 years ago

Long time contributors here have endured numerous changes, ones  often resulting in slashed incomes. Yet, the site demands more and more attention: add photos, add videos, add capsules, change this format, change that format, and change your hubs continuously or the site will stuff them into the corner of a dark closet, hidden from the Google light.

Hubpages continually insinuates that the loss of income is Google's fault. Maybe. Maybe not. But many veterans of the site are tired of devoting hours and hours of time for no return, not even the satisfaction of being read outside of the circle of followers built up over time.

So if you see threads of disgruntlement running through the forums, don't judge too harshly.

1. Shri Mc profile image60
      Shri Mcposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well here is another one for ya! This crazy chick would decide to pick another fight with the East. Did she call me a Savage? You who came into Egypt as a slave! Still we did receive you. What? You don't mean me you say? Don't take it that way?  No you just meant my people. Let me remind you that you came to this land. Still we let you in. The only thing missing from your ad was the Nazi Swat...How soon you Forget!  From Egypt to Pakistan or
      Iran(or should we say the New Iraq) knowing that you expect us all to be blind but not this time. Bengazi is only the Bait in an(Afghan)state. Your plan to Repeat may be your Defeat! Dont try to play this off in the name of Free Speech. When your words inciting the heat that we see in the streets instigating Our Country to War. No More!   Yours Truly, a proud Savage. Negro Savage Jew to you. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

4. profile image0
    jenuboukaposted 11 years ago

So....What or where did the original thread go?  I was redirected to this one?

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Was the original poster banned and deleted? - Never mind, I see the whole thread now.

1. profile image0
        jenuboukaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think that is was, as my comment to thread is not here, and there was a message above this one that said, sorry that thread does not exist, then a link to this one with the original post gone as well as the other hubbers posts.  What is that about?

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
          Patty Inglish, MSposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Not sure, but I see what you are describing.

2. Shri Mc profile image60

Good observation Jenu and Shelly.

5. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

Yes, clearly the first post is missing, you can see it quoted in what is now the new first post.

1. profile image0

But why?  I don't understand why it was deleted?  Unless someone posted something a moderator did not like?  This is a first for me to see.....

1. Uninvited Writer profile image78
        Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This person has created at least a dozen sockpuppet accounts which are always getting banned. He has a gripe with HubPages and obviously has a lot of spare time. Just wait for his next incarnation to show up on this thread.

1. WriteAngled profile image75
          WriteAngledposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's shown up in another thread.

I really do not understand how the administration here is incapable of tracking down these people and banning them permanently.

I suppose they are too busy chasing minor infringements by genuine hubbers.

1. profile image0

Has to be the case.  I've been like the frickin' report nazi when it comes to this guy, and he's still hanging around.  LOL

1. psycheskinner profile image84
              psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And yet they haven't actually banned the account, so he can keep posting new nonsense.

2. Hollie Thomas profile image61
              Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Me, too. Only he had different pseudonyms then!

2. Kangaroo_Jase profile image76
            Kangaroo_Jaseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nigh impossible when one can only put a stop on an IP address. Consider that different IP addresses can come from physical different locations with different devices.

I can have different accounts from my laptop, my tablet, my desktop, my phone, from my local library computer, from a public access paid for time computer in my local shopping mall. Each of these with a different IP address.

6. profile image0
    jenuboukaposted 11 years ago

Ah, just a classic reminder why I keep away from the forums.  Really disappointing that HP has come to people trolling around the forums, starting conflicts with no purpose.  How sad, just how sad.  Makes me wonder if writing here is starting to dwindle...as the content is low in standards, the forum is a soapbox for politics and religion, and spammers, oh let's not forget those who just roam from one thread to another making random comments. 

I knew better than to comment, I swear, I really did....

I don't even think reporting issues has a pertinent impact anymore....

1. Shri Mc profile image60

Im sorry to say its not just hubpages but our world is being hijacked by people who want to instigate wars and mass control of the population by fear. Don't let this destroy your peace or they win. So what would you like to read about? Let me see if I can accommodate. Fall is upon us which puts us in a humbled spirit in awe of the beauty around us.

1. profile image0

So true Shri Mc, thank you for allowing me to see the brighter side of life....

2. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image60
        Jo_Goldsmith11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Bravo Shir Mc. I have been here for over a year now! smile I left for a brief time to take a break. I wasn't feeling like I was contributing to the whole concept here on Hub Pages. I lost my creative spark and life happens. I think when those who are trying to spam and cause a furry of unwanted postings. We as authors on here need not to answer at all. We can ignore these people. When they do answer in a way that causes the kind of responses which lead to hate speech. We can delete them and their post if possible. The crew here has many functions and areas in which they need to take care of. This helps the constant flow of this site. Try not to be too hard on the admin. They are people too. And we have many authors here to try and keep happy! smile Inspire yourself today and send an Admin a special thank you!  I am glad to be back and  I enjoy all who I read. smile

1. Second Lives profile image60
          Second Livesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The moderators edited (deleted) a significant portion of this thread. Now why? That's the question. Did the original poster raise any difficult issues?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image78
            Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You already know what you asked...

That's 'your' interpretation of the subject. I appreciate that, but you maybe wrong.

1. profile image0

Well that was my question as well, the (first) thread now deleted was a member defending HP, I replied that he should take a step back and write some content since his profile stated he had only been with HP for 33 hours at the time.   I then went on to say that those who have been here for years should have the right to feel safe to vent a little, share ideas, offer suggestions.  Some other member stated, who granted me the yard stick to commenting or something like that ....
                Then I went to review the post and there was a message on top stating that the thread had moved to this url.  with the original comments gone....I really didn't see anything that would of violated the rules, unless one member had made a comment after I viewed it and that is when a mod deleted the original post. 

Just wondering why, perhaps just perhaps a staff member could enlighten those of us who are wondering why, and possibly go beyond the yada explanation of just repeating a part from the guidelines. 

If there are rules of conduct in violation due to a member's choice of words, OR if there is a member who is constantly changing their user name to dodge being permanently banned; I would hope HP would really investigate this; as bad content or spam conducted here brings the whole site down.  Last I checked HP had a rating of 5, when I started here it was an 8....

Maybe the staff were just angry on him? He, a few days ago, raised a very serious issue. Here is the thread-

ATTENTION: HubPages Success Stories Graphs are GONE

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/103890

HubPages has recently pulled down the graphs in their 'Success Stories' page - http://hubpages.com/success/ . No one knows why they did that. The only possible reason is that the featured members aren't earning very well, Panda update etc has lowered their income so much, that HubPages is almost ashamed to let people (especially the new recruits) know that truth. Graphs showed that, so HubPages made them disappear. Now everything is fine and Marye Audet is still getting $3,800 per month.

Who likes the person who tries to dig up the mischief before the public?

1. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image60
                    Jo_Goldsmith11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't know of anyone who would unless they are misinformed and jealous about not working long enough or building on their talents to get those kind of results. I believe that the folks at HP are not the kind to *consider* money before the *people* who help make this site what it is. Just my opinion.  *Disclaimer* I am not getting *paid* to help promote Hub Pages. This is my opinion from what I see when I have a problem and the response I receive from staff who respond. I have had nothing but a great experience here so far. If not, I would be elsewhere! smile

2. Shri Mc profile image60

Right you are. My good friend once told me See What You Want To See instead of what others want you to see so they can control your mind. We must Create our day every day. When enough of us do this then we being the majority can effect change on others in our circles.

7. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 11 years ago

There's an irony in all this somewhere. Please give me a moment to figure it out.

In the meanwhile when will some of you guys acknowledge and embrace the fact that HubPages is a business? No business, no HubPages. As much as the HP team might like some of you guys, they're here to work and generate a profit.

Just saying.

Hola all my old buddies that appeared before me big_smile

8. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 11 years ago

I received a three day forum ban for arguing with (probably the same) sock puppet FreyaKraft. It took a further 4 days for her to be deleted and a few more days till the thread was even closed. This despite myself and several other people contacting HP directly.

There must be at LEAST 6 of these HP hater sockpuppets around in the last few weeks.

This has gotten beyond a joke. Hubpages needs to step in, ban permanently and enforce rules. OR require new hubbers to post say five quality hubs before opening up more than one forum for them.

There's no point saying "don't argue with the sockpuppets" because there'll always be a member who isn't aware and takes the bait. And it's not our fault for doing so - it's HPs for not squishing them immediately. Hubpages staff, PLEASE get rid of these idiot accounts!

1. profile image0

Agreed!  I keep reporting them, but it takes a while....a long, long while.....for them to be removed.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image59
      MelissaBarrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's hard to ip ban someone who is using a proxy server.  It's not HP's fault...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)