Money or No Money?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Chip6 profile image56
    Chip6posted 11 years ago

Can I make like 100 dollars from this website? I have to repair my kitchen sink and stuff like that. Advice is welcome. Please, I am serious.

2. Joe8943 profile image63
    Joe8943posted 11 years ago

It is very possible, your level of commitment and skill will really dictate how quickly though.  I have been here 2 years and it took a little while to get going but the key is to write meaningful hubs that are always relevant.  Writing about the election for example will be good for views now but in 2 months it will no longer be relevant and it will stop getting views.  Write what you know, reach out to other hubbers for feedback and be patient.

3. Shanna11 profile image76
    Shanna11posted 11 years ago

It doesn't matter what we say, since you'll just argue (well, the confused muddlings you seem to consider arguing anyway) against it no matter what. Give it up and find something productive to do with your life, other than create sock puppet accounts over and over again that all sound and look the same. At least be creative. Try a username like "Nothingbettertodo" or "unhealthilyobsessed". Even "Imakenosense" would be good.

1. Chip6 profile image56
      Chip6posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well, I can't change my nickname (real life) to suit your deranged fantasies. I would advise you to seek help, I mean a professional one, if that is the case. You are taking a newcomer to be someone, with whom you seem to have had a bad blood or something. Life is a short journey to cherish such hatred. Look at 'befriender.org' for online help. You would feel much better, I promise. Still, I had to report your insults under both 'personal attack' and 'hate speech' categories.

I am a very fresh recruit on HubPages. I have plans to settle down here. But I am seeking to understand the process of making money with this program. If you have anything to hide, any facts that would expose secret gaps, then sorry to hear that. You can just say on the face that one must be a blind conformist here, no asking of disturbing questions.

Well, I just asked a few such questions in this thread-

Do you BELIEVE HubPages Success Stories are True?
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/104193

A hubber, named Jimmy, who is featured in the 'success stories' page, came and asserted that he really gets $1200 per month from HubPages. I asked him some questions and waited for the answers. Meanwhile, the whole thread was heavily edited by HubPages moderators, and the disturbing part was mysteriously removed from the public eye. I have understood the process. Thanks you. I understand that "the confused muddlings you seem to consider arguing anyway" must be deleted before someone reads them.

You seemingly have no idea whom you are talking to. I have a chain of productions in Atlanta, most of which deal with food and beverages. I am here to write about things that I like personally. I even have plans to build my own website, a rev-share even. I am not an eighteen year old dish washer. Grow up. You have a lot to learn and understand.

I raised my daughter with love, I never physically or verbally abused her. So she grew up loving men and trusting them. I hope your father was from the same school of philosophy.

Everyone is not your buddy, girl.

1. Shanna11 profile image76
        Shanna11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I honestly feel very, very sorry for you. Don't mistake this as sarcasm or insincerity. I legitimately pity you. I really hope you get the help you need. Sooner, rather than later.

1. Taurus2 profile image57
          Taurus2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Interesting thread.

"I really hope you get the help you need. Sooner, rather than later."

What type of help? Psychiatric help? Here is someone who needs that help, and I believe immediately...

"I cried once (burst into tears in a dramatic teenage fashion) at what another Hubber said and I was angry about it for a few days, but I got over it. It really did hurt, because it was completely out of line.

I still don't like that Hubber, but luckily he stays off the boards so there's not really a large chance of running into him. And he did get a forum ban for a day because of it.... so that helped."

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/104144

Hahahahahahaha...oh goodness.... I don't know whether to be flattered that you creep around after me, or again, feel incredible pity (and a vague amount of disgust in regards to the creeping thing) for you.

I think we have a decent working relationship now-- I'm going to introduce nicknames. You are now "Sock", in honor of all your sockpuppet accounts.

Ok, so you see sockpuppets everywhere? OMG! That explains so much!! lol

If by "so much" you mean it explains all your many, many accounts...well, you got that right!

Actually, all the accounts that you see on HubPages, are mine. That includes your account as well lol

Creepy.

2. profile image0
        Aunt Mollieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hey, Mr. Chip6,

Shanna11 is just a teenager.  Really!  You will find plenty of people to help you on HubPages.  But, it's a difficult time at HP right now.  In fact, I just moved all my Hubs to a different venue.

4. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

The moral high ground cannot be claimed by reporting someone for a personal attack, and also calling them deranged.

I think I am deranged. How else do I explain the urge to beat my head against a wall every time I see this sockpuppet person?

Eh... if the mods see fit to slap my wrists, I'll accept the punishment. It did cross the line, but I don't regret any of it.

5. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 11 years ago

"Sybil" turned out to be a fake.

History repeats itself.

When someone confesses that they are deranged, it becomes almost impossible to resist oneself from a making prediction like this one.

My alternate personality disagrees with you.

1. profile image0
          Motown2Chitownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well done, Shanna.  smile  Too bad there's no emoticon for a pat on the back.

2. Taurus2 profile image57

So you have one! Oops, many lol

2. Len Cannon profile image89
      Len Cannonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's only appropriate that someone named Sybil should be posting under multiple names. It's not a troll, it's a condition!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)