My water bill just got paid!

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (34 posts)
  1. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

Hey, I would just like to thank everyone here on HubPages.  Through your help, I just paid my water bill with the $14.26 I earned through HubPages adsense program.  Thanks!  Alright.  I'm excited about this.  I feel like I just won the lottery or something.lol

1. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah and now you need another $85.74 to reach the $100 payout!!
      Good luck...paying your water bill for the whole year.

2. Kidgas profile image63
      Kidgasposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's a positive way to look at it.

3. IntimatEvolution profile image68
      IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi everyone, I guess I should have clarified for what month I paid.  I owed a remaining $14.26.  But it is all caught up now.  Thank goodness for that.

2. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

Wow, your water bill is only $14.26?

Ours is a couple hundred every quarter. yikes

1. profile image56
      Blackngoldbananaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's awful.  My water bill is a flat rate $33/month for 3,000 gallons

3. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

When I get my $120 US next Wednesday I am totally going to blow it on something fun smile

1. profile image0
      pgrundyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You go girl! Party down. lol

2. nicomp profile image60
      nicompposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amen. All this work and I ain't going to pour it down the drain, so to speak.

4. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

Our water bill (mains and sewage) is about £300 a year, approx. $450!

1. profile image0

Intimatevolution is from Maryland. Maybe we should move there. smile

1. LondonGirl profile image81
        LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That might be a slightly drastic move over a £300 water bill. Just sayin'...

2. giantsteps profile image60
      giantstepsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My water bill is 275 pounds a year. When I first moved here we got the water bill and I nearly fainted because I thought it was for the month. Then my husband read the bill and discovered it was for the whole year. It's a good thing one of us thoroughly investigates the matter before completely freaking out.

About Adsense--I get direct deposit. I've always had to wait for my account to reach $100 before I got a payout.

5. InternetDad profile image61
    InternetDadposted 14 years ago

Wow, there's some big water bills on here! Mine is usually in the $20 to $25 range and that's with My Wife and Daughter here...and all the bathroom time they take up...LOL

1. Sufidreamer profile image81
      Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

25 Euros a year for water, and we have a soakaway for the sewage. Happy Days smile

1. HealthCare Basics profile image59
        HealthCare Basicsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ok, you are getting a bargain...... WOW!!!! Is the soakaway similar to septic tank ?

1. Sufidreamer profile image81
          Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is a little bonus of where we live - the village owns the mountain, so they cannot charge us for fresh spring water - the bill is for cleaning the pipes twice a year.

A soakaway is like a septic tank, but the bacteria break down the sewage and the water soaksaway. We have a nice bamboo patch at the bottom of the garden smile

6. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

You dont have to wait for the $100 to get paid if you have earnings direct deposited to an account each month.  I don't have a water bill. We did pay upfront to have the well drilled (about $400). Electicity runs the pump, but that could be converted to alternative power.

1. profile image0

Really? I have it direct deposited but they still wait until I hit $100. I wonder what I'm doing wrong?

1. profile image0
        girly_girl09posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was under the impression that you had to wait until it reached $100, as well.

I earned $75 last month and didn't get a dime. I don't think I'll get payout until the end of next month (still a little confused on the payout structure, I need to read that over) But, I'm under the impression that my payment at the end of next month will include last month's as well as this month's earnings....would be nice if they would automatically pay at the end of the month, though!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
        Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm the same...

7. HealthCare Basics profile image59
    HealthCare Basicsposted 14 years ago

I average $150.00/ per 90 day cycle for water in California and now it will be going up another 12% due to the drought we are experiencing. That doesn't include our association contribution for upkeeping of our lawns. I need to produce more Hubs.. smile

1. The Empire profile image68
      The Empireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow.  I'm certainly jealous that you live in SD, but not jealous of your water bill.  We pay between $20-$30 a month in the Napa Valley with a full garden and lawns in the front and back.

You have Dog Beach though, so I retract any negative sentiment...

8. Rochelle Frank profile image91

OOoops Sorry everyone-- I think you are right about the $100 even for direct deposit. I guess I got that impression because one month because I got 57 cents from google-- but I think they do that to test out your account link.

Sorry for the confusion--it's all mine.
    I'm, waiting to earn a few more dollars for my hundred.

9. dwilliamson profile image59
    dwilliamsonposted 14 years ago

I've always had to wait til my payout in google reached $100 and I've been getting paid from them for about three years now. I don't have a water bill and I have reached my payout so I get to spend my almost $140 adsense money on whatever I want, hee hee.

10. HealthCare Basics profile image59

Very interesting.... Our water is so expensive because California buys water rights from neighboring States and the current drought has not helped. We were issued mandatory restrictions this week. Can only water the lawn 10 minutes every other day and no washing of cars. I'll think of moving if it gets to the point of modified baths "PTA" style.... Not to be crude, but PTA stands for pits, ti-s, and *ss.... smile

1. RKHenry profile image64
      RKHenryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think it's okay to say tits on HubPages.

11. Sufidreamer profile image81
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

The same in some areas of Greece, especially the islands. We are fine here - big mountains, a lot of rain and low population. Certainly not the 'picture postcard' Greece that people imagine!

Harsh about the restrictions - had to do PTA a few times when camping - OK for a day or two, but after that it really is unbearable.

12. HealthCare Basics profile image59

smile

13. Sufidreamer profile image81

....and ass - my neighbour has a nice, strong ass. He uses it to carry firewood down from the mountains big_smile

14. Rochelle Frank profile image91

I live in California too-- but in a rural foothill area. No water lines or sewer system so we also  have septic system and well. We haul our own trash which we keep to a minimum, and we burn wood which is plentiful, for heat. Our utility costs overall are lower than they were 12 years ago in the city.
    They haven't figured out how to charge us for well water, yet.

15. Sufidreamer profile image81

Sounds like you have an idyllic life, Rochelle - it is certainly the way to go. Sounds very similar to ours smile

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure there are a lot of differences-- but it is pretty nice.
      California is in a major financial bind. The Central Valley of California is an important food producing area for the whole US. (A lot of people think this state is just LA, Hollywood and San Francisco.) Many farming areas are not planting because of the drought and because water allotment has been restricted to 'protect' a tiny fish that is not even native to CA. It's a mess. Hard working farm workers, already living at a low economic level are out of work---

Oh well, didn't mean to help hijack the thread-- we were talking about the joys of Adsense. May it continue to bring joy and revenue to all.

16. BundleBoy profile image71
    BundleBoyposted 14 years ago

What? Your water bill is just $14.26? sad

I need to stop taking a shower everyday.

Congratulations, let the money keep rolling in.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)