Hubpages is pretty hard on some new hubs.

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)
  1. bgamall profile image67
    bgamallposted 14 years ago

I really don't appreciate a hub that was immediately indexed by google right after creation just dropping from 50 like a rock. I am getting a little gun shy here. 

So the new feature would be taking into account if Google ads the site.

1. profile image48
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's not just you man, my last 3 hubs dropped like a brick to 44 but rose again. Put the gun away and chill, it will balance out in the next few days.

bgamallposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol, now it as over 60. So why the precipitous drop? Is that necessary? Hard on an old guy like me, Maddie!!

2. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

Huh...don't know what to say about that.  Because I don't completely understand it.

I do notice, if you save but not publish a hub, it seems to accrue in score.  Like by the time I had published my last hub, it was at 67 or something already.  Don't know what that is about, either, but maybe it will help.

I just couldn't wait. Usually when I publish a hub and it starts dropping I try really hard to improve it. But when there isn't much improvement in score I wonder about that. Especially, like I said, when it is almost immediately indexed by Google. I should get a brownie point for the idea, don't you think, Lita?

1. darkside profile image66
        darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What's to improve?

Publish it, and walk away. Within a few days it'll be climbing upwards and you won't have worried over nothing.

What you say can be true, but I have a sinking feeling and just try to improve it. I always think something may be missing like Amazon too far down the page or not enough content or spelling errors.

3. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

I have one hub right now that hasn't been finished yet that it at 9...yes 9!!! lol It has no content, whatsoever. I had a good idea and just basically wrote it as the title and saved it for later. Haven't gotten around to it yet. I probably should delete it and start over...although it might be a fun experiment to see how fast the score climbs once I add content and publish.

1. utu profile image58
      utuposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I  joined ages ago for the first time and did one Hub, which was unfinished, and that had a socre of 50. I had a diff username, and have forgotten what it was. So I shall try again.

4. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

I have found what Lita says to be true myself as well.  I have noticed the hubscore going up as I add more content and when it's at a 'decent' score, I publish it.  If you can't wait to publish it, then you'll just have wait for the score to go up as people start to post comments, etc.

5. fortunerep profile image69
    fortunerepposted 14 years ago

what I dont understand is that a hub is 4 on google and it's score is still 72.?  does that have anything to do with it?
    dori

1. profile image0
      girly_girl09posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am quite certain that the hubscore isn't affected by Google PR. I know for sure that Google doesn't base PR on each individual Hubscore.

2. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It depends what it's on 4 for.

If it's dominating a keyword that no one is searching for, then it will be getting no traffic.

1. utu profile image58
        utuposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So if it has a specific keyword, it may increase in score?
        Really, Makes sense.

3. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

HubScores and Google PageRanks have nothing to do with each other, so why are you trying to correlate them?

6. fortunerep profile image69
    fortunerepposted 14 years ago

you are right Darkside (as usual LOL) it is just a dominating keyword
    thanks
    dori

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)