WHITE HOUSE LIES!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Reality Bytes profile image73
    Reality Bytesposted 11 years ago

Spin this:

New Details From Libya Consulate Attack: State Department Abandons Claim Of Protest Outside Gates

The deadly September attack on a U.S. consulate in Libya was not precipitated by an anti-American protest, as had originally been reported, the State Department disclosed Tuesday night.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/0 … 53057.html

Absolute and deliberate deception on the part of the administration to attempt to fool the American people in to believing a completely fabricated tale.   But, who is surprised.  Not anyone aware of the Liar- In-Chief! 

Soon, it may be revealed that requests for enhanced security was denied!

1. Josak profile image59
      Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There were misleading reports, so what?
      Additionally if you read the chronology you posted you will see how pointless any likely extra security would have been almost 70 troops arrived to help the embassy and were driven back, numbers were obviously pretty overwhelming.

1. profile image0
        Sarra Garrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You would be surprised at how security could have slowed and/or stopped the 70 that were attacking.

2. Reality Bytes profile image73
        Reality Bytesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You completely underestimate the intestinal fortitude of the United States Marine Corp!  Especially in the area of Libya!!

In a remarkable march through the dessert with only 8 marines, a few mercenaries and a large group of Arabs and Bedouin, on starvation rations, the group arrived in Derne and managed to take the second largest city in the Barbary state of Tripoli.

http://www.indepthinfo.com/articles/tripoly-war.shtml

2. Reality Bytes profile image73

The response is exactly what I expected, this action cannot be defended.  I hope Barry does not resign as the networks are counting on the ad revenue.     lol

3. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 11 years ago

RB, I posted this same topic earlier, with NO responses. Start a negative thread about a conservative, however, and it gets plenty of attention! Mine linked to ABC instead of HuffPo.

1. Mom Kat profile image78
      Mom Katposted 11 years agoin reply to this

habee, let's face it, you're just not cut out to be a politician.  smile

of course, neither am I ~ thank the stars!!!

4. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

I think there is a difference between having bad intelligence reports and deliberately lying.

Are you implying that the administration did not know the truth as it was happening in real time?  The administration knew very well the details and purposely misled the nation as to the details of the event. 

Rice contradicts Libyan account, says consulate attack was not premeditated
      By Julian Pecquet     09/16/12

The Obama administration is sticking to its position that Tuesday's deadly attack in Benghazi wasn't premeditated, contradicting U.S. lawmakers and Libya's own president.

Speaking on several Sunday shows, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice placed the blame for violence that has spread to two dozen countries across the Muslim world squarely on a U.S.-made anti-Islam video.

Republicans and many others are dubious, with some lawmakers suggesting the attack on the U.S. compound in Benghazi was a coordinated attack by a militant group.
      “There's no question that as we've seen in the past with things like [Salman Rushdie's] Satanic Verses, with the [Danish] cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed, there have been such things that have sparked outrage and anger, and this has been the proximate cause of what we've seen,” Rice said on Fox News Sunday. “We are of the view that this is not an expression of hostility in the broader sense toward the United States or U.S. policy. It's proximately a reaction to this video.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/global-affairs … emeditated

Lies, lies, lies, intentionally attempting to mislead the American people!

5. movingout profile image60
    movingoutposted 11 years ago

What do you expect from anyone in the WH? To immediately tell the enemy your intelligence info? To not answer the people attack. If they answer in a way to protect intelligence, they lied. Hell, the enemy knows more about our plans, just by watching all the news channels! If people were patient, they might get the information (That can be released). But now a days, the news want the information immediately! Used to be, if something like this happened in the past, a response would be given with no details. But with the internet, people want to know right a way, even if it risks national security!

Through their lies and blaming the video, the administration not only misled the American people, they exacerbated the issue by calling out the video. This caused more people to view the video which enhanced protests globally.  A purposely stated piece of propaganda which made matters worse, caused more of a security threat to our diplomats worldwide and just a scumbag sort of operation!

6. maxoxam41 profile image65
    maxoxam41posted 11 years ago

That's the reason why I advise the American people to get their news from another source than the local one. It's been weeks that my source of info revealed the truth behind the assassination of the American ambassador and its consequence worldwide. I personally don't trust the mainstream news.

7. Reality Bytes profile image73

Rep. Trey Gowdy Explodes At Libya Hearing: 'I Want To Know Why

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4Za4KXo5Ao

Gowdy quoted Rice as saying, "Our current assessment is that what happened in Beghazi was...in fact, initially a spontaneous reaction" to an anti-Muslim YouTube video.

"I don't know what the phrase "in fact" means in diplomatic legalese. I can tell you what it means in a court room, it means it's a fact," Gowdy proclaimed.

"I would like to have another hearing where we can ask Ambassador Rice, under oath, who told you what when. You are going to blame the intelligence committee? You come before this committee and you tell us who told you it was video!" he added, raising his voice now."

10/10/12 Libya timeline showing lie after lie by Obama administration officials

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6OzShia0bQ

Ta Da Dum Ta Da Dum

That's All Folks

smile

8. Reality Bytes profile image73

Dennis Kucinich is right on target! 10-20,000 shoulder launched rockets capable of taking down a commercial airliner are unaccounted for!

Video: House committee holds hearing on failures in Benghazi Libya Ambassador Christopher Stevens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvjnlU2t5Rc

"AlQaeda is now more established in Libya than the United States!"

Lt. Col. Wood

They must be so thankful to their NATO allies!

9. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

So the thread starts with lies but we just continue the sentiment as if that doesn't matter?

Why not start a new thread to discuss a new accusation? Otherwise I will assume they are all equally dubious.

10. Reality Bytes profile image73

What Happened In Benghazi — Today’s Q’s for O’s WH — 10/10/12

By Jake Tapper

Oct 10, 2012 3:04pm

TAPPER: President Obama shortly after the attacks told “60 Minutes” that regarding Romney’s response to the attack, specifically in Egypt, the president said that Romney has a tendency to shoot first and aim later. Given the fact that so much was made out of the video that apparently had absolutely nothing to do with the attack on Benghazi, that there wasn’t even a protest outside the Benghazi post, didn’t President Obama shoot first and aim later?
    CARNEY: First of all, Jake, I think your assessment about what we know now is not complete. But I would simply say that –
    TAPPER: What part are you talking — because I’m just going by what the State Department said yesterday, what –
    CARNEY: There is no question that in the region, including in Cairo, there were demonstrations reacting to the –
    TAPPER: I’m talking about Benghazi –
    CARNEY: — the release of that video. And I will leave it to those who are testifying on the Hill to talk about, as they are –
    TAPPER: The State Department said yesterday there was no protests.
    CARNEY: That — that’s not what you said, though. You — there were — there were –
    TAPPER: I’m talking about in Benghazi.
    CARNEY: Right.
    TAPPER: I’m not –
    CARNEY: I’m not disputing that there was a protest. But what we said at the time is our intelligence community assessed that the attack began spontaneously following protests earlier that day at our embassy in Cairo. OK?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 … wh-101012/

White House Asked Isn't Obama The One Who Shot First, Aimed Later on Libya?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSQcX6EQrNU

There was no protesters, zero, nada, did not happen, lies, intentional deception!

11. Reality Bytes profile image73

According to one of the key witnesses expected to testify before the committee this week, even Ambassador Stevens himself had repeatedly requested more security personnel, but was turned down.

Lt. Col. Andy Wood, the former head of a U.S. Special Forces "Site Security Team" in Libya, has told CBS News correspondent Sharyl Attkisson that he and many other senior staff at the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli, "felt we needed more, not less" security personnel in the country, but were told "to do with less. For what reasons, I don't know."

Wood and others have portrayed a State Department in Washington that was either unwilling to provide American officials in Libya with the security they required or ignorant of the pressing security concerns in a country where the central government is weak, and Islamic extremist militias have enjoyed virtual free reign in the power vacuum created by the toppling and killing of long-time dictator Muammar Qaddafi.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-575 … -missteps/

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
    Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
    All the King's horses, And all the King's men
    Couldn't put Humpty together again!

12. Reality Bytes profile image73

Even piers Morgan is on the trail of lies and deception!

Wasserman Schultz on Libyan attack intel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uJwP3kxJAM

13. Ralph Deeds profile image66
    Ralph Deedsposted 11 years ago

I believe it was Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice, not anyone in the White House, who mistakenly attributed the Bengazi consulate attack to spontaneous protests due to the anti-Muslim movie.Her statement was based on inaccurate intelligence reports. 

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts … ccusations

Ralph, there are many administration officials complacent in the deception.  There is surveillance video of the whole attack, it was known immediately that this was a coordinated attack.

10/10/12 Libya timeline showing lie after lie by Obama administration officials

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6OzShia0bQ

I have attempted to avoid using Fox as a source, but they did a good job in their chronology.

1. KFlippin profile image60
        KFlippinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, they did (FOX) cover it very well,and  they (the Administration) were, are, complacent in the ongoing decpetion, that is very clear now.  And Rice was told what to say, I can find myself being sorry for her being made the patsy, it is no different than the coordinated mainstream media talking points that are put out regularly for the last 3 plus years.  Everyone gets their talking points from one source, their coordinated message, in order to control the story line, that's what it seems to me anyway when I watch all the channels and literally here the same words.  It is all quite sad, and clearly the lives lost in Libya weren't even enough to stop that regular train track of crap.  Did anyone notice how very little CNN has even covered this cover up the past 2 days?  It's nauseous and can make one hopeless about the future of the USA.

14. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/1 … 54912.html

And whose fault is it that there was not more security there protecting the ambassador?

When you point a finger, there are three more pointing back at you.
    Watch the video of Rep Chaffetz with Soledad O'Brien. It's priceless.

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) acknowledged on Wednesday that House Republicans had consciously voted to reduce the funds allocated to the State Department for embassy security since winning the majority in 2010.

On Wednesday morning, CNN anchor Soledad O'Brien asked the Utah Republican if he had "voted to cut the funding for embassy security."

15. Reality Bytes profile image73

ANOTHER ATTACK: U.S. EMBASSY SECURITY OFFICIAL KILLED IN YEMEN

Masked gunmen have attacked and killed a security official at the U.S. embassy in Sanaa, Yemen, Reuters reported early this morning.

Today's attack on the U.S. security official--likely the work of Al Qaeda, which is battling U.S. drone strikes and counter-terror operations in Yemen--has not been accompanied by similar rationalizations, but underlines the fact that terrorists are planning and carrying out attacks against U.S. diplomatic targets. Al Qaeda pursued a similar strategy in the late 1990s, before the U.S. shifted its strategy away from a law enforcement approach. Both the Bush and the Obama administrations have carried out drone strikes in Yemen against Al Qaeda.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012 … One-Killed

Security official for U.S. Embassy in Yemen killed

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/11/world/mea … opstories+(RSS%3A+Top+Stories)

16. maxoxam41 profile image65

Whose interests those assassinations will favor? Unfortunately only two possible options will be considered. The Netanyahu's government or the US. Netanyahu's greed to expand its power (by letting the US install another puppet at the head of the new regime) will be the winner if the Americans intervene. As Sept 11 trick, by killing US officials, the people therefore the government will be outraged. Then what will happen? To the joy of Netanyahu (he urged the US to attack Iran several times unsuccessfully) and the military industrial complex (will cash in billions of dollars as usual) the US will pretend that the middle east is unsafe and launch their crusade!

17. Wayne Brown profile image80
    Wayne Brownposted 11 years ago

You just keep thinking about that "Max", while Iran and China build nuclear weapons together. ~WB

1. maxoxam41 profile image65
      maxoxam41posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Exactly, as the world knows it. Only the US used the nuclear bomb on civilians! Not once! TWICE.

18. maxoxam41 profile image65

EVERY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD HAS THE RIGHT TO SELF-DETERMINATION, TO DEFEND ITS TERRITORY AGAINST ANY POTENTIAL AGGRESSOR. SO FAR THE US IS LEADING IN MATTER OF AGGRESSION. DON'T PATRONIZE ME BROWN, I'M NOT ONE OF YOUR READER!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)