Have Moved Hubs Elsewhere

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)
  1. LucidDreams profile image64
    LucidDreamsposted 11 years ago

I have not moved them all by any means. I unpublished over 30 hubs since 9-28-12. Now I am moving some of them to personal websites as drafts that will be published soon. I have corrected any problems I found and consider this as an opportunity to invest in personally owned sites versus rev sharing.

Who knows. it may give a spike to my visitors on those sites? Meanwhile I am keeping my best and as I have time, correcting those from spelling errors and content. I hope it all works positively in the end. Just what I am doing!

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good luck with it!    A couple of tips (sorry if I'm teaching my grandmother to suck eggs, though I'm sure I'm closer to granny age than you):

1.  You mention "personal websites" but you don't mention them on your profile, or use the "website" link on your profile. An opportunity missed - I'm sure I'm not the only Hubber who read your post and went looking to see what your "personal websites" were about.

2.  If you have "websites" rather than "a website", take a hard look at them and see if you can consolidate some or all of them.  Google is favouring 'authority sites' these days, i.e. sites with a large amount of solid content around a broad topic. That means you can't afford to fracture your work across several sites, unless you're a very prolific writer.   If it's your own site, you can afford to put all your eggs in one basket - just remember to keep regular back-ups.

2. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 11 years ago

I hope all goes well LD smile always good to spread our wings and set our eggs out in more than one basket wink

1. Pearldiver profile image66
      Pearldiverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good on you LD... Bon Chance smile

Hi there DS... My First smile  How are you?  Hope life is good for you...

It is a pity really about having to hide our eggs all over the place though isn't it?  If there weren't so many damn foxes stealing them, or just smashing their ability to hatch own there own merits, then perhaps such frustrations would not have the opportunity to develop in the first place! sad

You take care and keep that basket warm!  lol

3. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 11 years ago

HI PD smile yeah, all is on it's way back to healthy for me. Had surgery over the summer tongue finally quit the 'hobbling' along lol and about those eggs wink just imagine what a hit they'll be once the SE's figure out the best method for presenting searches. Least, it's my dream big_smile  hope you been keeping well too.

4. LucidDreams profile image64

Hi Marisa,

I do have several sites but moved all information pertaining to them off of my profile on purpose. Whatever is happening here right now, I dont want that to cause additional damage on those websites. As of now, I am not trusting my profile here or linking structure. A couple of views from interested hubbers is not worth taking that type of risk at the moment.

I certainly plan on keeping a lot of work here as this is not my first go around . I am just once again, speading around my work a little and protecting what I have hopefully. Interestingly enough, I had just began a new video site when this all went down. So I am busy pooring time into that project while I let the dust settle on Hubpages and the Panda!

I like the consolidation idea and have heard that in another forum also. It would be rather difficult to pull of without getting penalized unless you are very patient. That's just my take, duplicate content and all.

I was just throwing ideas out anyway. I will always stay busy, not ther give up sort of person...I wish everyone luck and stay patient, this could blow opver and things will get back to normal hopefully, we always new in the end it was about quality content. I still need to work on mine but atleast we knew that part was coming.

5. profile image0
    The Writers Dogposted 11 years ago

The Exodus continues...

6. LucidDreams profile image64

Yep. I am not even PATIENT enough to catch my own spelling errors above. I have to focus more on that. THATS A FACT!

7. LucidDreams profile image64

Thanks all of you. I am not leaving this site at all. I am just continuing what I started a couple years ago and that is, develop additional web properties to monetize and grow over time. I wish the best to everyone and truly hope we can continue to thrive as a community right here at Hubpages.

1. That Grrl profile image71
      That Grrlposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I already have a few blogs I write. I was thinking I would post an index to all my Hub posts on a couple of the blogs. Might keep them from going into idle and not having any chance of parole. You might do the same  once you get a site going.

1. LucidDreams profile image64
        LucidDreamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have done that with one of my sites previously, it did help some.....good luck!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)