Veep Debate: your views here

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (109 posts)
  1. ptosis profile image67
    ptosisposted 11 years ago

Biden & Ryan .  "My friend" + fake smiles and posing smirks = Biden and Ryan talks as if he ......
    A chastising lecture giver?

1. profile image0
      HowardBThinameposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Why did Biden lie about the security situation in Libya?

ptosisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I caught that also and yet Ryan didn't call biden out on that and say, "State dept. testified the request was denied.

Robot Ryan memorized his spiel and didn't want to divert from it.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yep.  Biden was his usual pompous bully, trying to cover it up with calling Ryan his "friend".   He also did the same when referring to the leader of Israel, calling Benjamin Netanyahu "BB" several times, as if he was his best buddy and didn't deserve the same respect that Obama demanded from John McCain.   That must've been so embarrassing for Israel's leader, and should have been embarrassing for Biden.   But I don't think anything embarrasses Biden.  Including flirting with women on the campaign trail.    So there ya have it.  He's rude and crude and bossy, and simply determined to use whatever tactics he can to keep Obama in office for four more harrowing creepy years.    Biden is second-in-command and could be President if something happened to Obama!   Oh my, now that's as scary as the person we already have in there.

Biden was also quite aggressive toward the moderator several times.    And people talk about Romney!   Good grief.     I think Biden has some very intense emotional issues and behavioral problems.

2. tammybarnette profile image60
    tammybarnetteposted 11 years ago

I loved it! I thought they both did what they set out to do. I was proud of Biden for calling him out on facts. I think it's interesting that people are aggravated with Biden when Romney won because of his smirks and interruptions? Interesting

1. KFlippin profile image61
      KFlippinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Biden has been a grinning fool!  Yeah!!!

1. Cody Hodge5 profile image70
        Cody Hodge5posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well, most people do laugh when they hear a good joke.

Biden owned Ryan tonight. Nuff said.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65
        Ralph Deedsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And Ryan a lying weasel.  Biden had a much better command of the facts. Why the moderator brought up Benghazi is beyond me. It was unfortunate and tragic, but there are much more important issues to talk about.

1. What's News profile image66
          What's Newsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think that it's pretty important when a United States consulate is attacked, when they had asked for more security and were denied by some ignorant DIMocrats. Then try to blame the GOP for budget cuts what a crock.

1. PhoenixV profile image64
            PhoenixVposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Of course the life of an American Ambassador is important. (to real Americans that is) But it is very embarrassing for obama and the msm media and liberals because they thought that-  instead of the truth - they could sell the youtube video story to the American people.

1. tammybarnette profile image60
              tammybarnetteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Real Americans? Wow, liberals aren't real Americans....sounds like you agree that 47% of Americans aren't important, just a buch of moochers? Of course the lives of The Americans lost in Lybia is important to us "dimocrats". I'm sure he was referring to the time spent on Foriegn Policy...which by the way would have griped your tails if the Lybis event had not just hit the fan, being that Biden has a lot more experience in the arena and Ryan has "talking points"

2. Cody Hodge5 profile image70

Well ya know..

The GOP did actually call for budget cuts. So I guess that would be why.

That is no excuse for not giving an American consulate more security. Especially one that has known terrorist cells in the region.

Let me ask this question, do you believe there are any middle eastern countries without terrorist cells? Did we all believe that we had good or poor relations as to Lybia? Am I taking up for The President, well maybe some, but I love the way people know what they would have done in retrospect. Hindsight is always 20/20 isn't it?

It was known that terrorist cells were in close proximity to the American consulate in Benghazi. Sure, every Middle Eastern country has terrorist cells spread throughout. They knew that things were volatile in Benghazi, I mean they had requested more security and to blame the GOP because of the budget cuts is just irresponsible.

I will agree that blaming others is always the wrong thing to do, but my point is we still do not know the facts here and everyone wants to jump on a talking point band wagon. How do you think these terrorist are looking at the US these days? Not even the American people will back up their own President. This makes us weak, WE make us look weak, it is disgusting behavior. You know I could not stand W, but I would have never let the middle east know that. Posting blogs and news media runs rampant, it is deplorable behavior. Hopefully we will get some facts on this....has anyone considered this to be a covert mission gone horribly wrong? That is not something we CAN be transparent about if we want to be safe.

2. GA Anderson profile image88
      GA Andersonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's odd. I watched the Romney/Obama debate. I didn't see Romney do any "Biden" smirks

I also missed Romney's version of "Joe's" condescending chuckles.

Guess I just need someone to tell me what I saw - instead of relying on my own lying-eyes

GA

3. Dr Billy Kidd profile image91
      Dr Billy Kiddposted 11 years agoin reply to this

When the debate ended, I felt that I never wanted to wake up in the morning and see Ryan addressing the nation as the new president (because, say, Romney had died). I was left with an impression that he is too immature to be the back up Prez. Yet, what is crazy, before this debate, I held the same thoughts about Biden. He seems more like a grown man, more mature than Ryan, but is that saying much?

As are as point-counter-point, I have no idea who won. I think that depends on your ideological perspective on a debate that ran so close.

4. What's News profile image66

What smirks from Romney are you referring to exactly? Romney never smirked, smile yes, but never smirked. It was Obama doing all the smirking that night. This was due to his nervousness to answering questions for which he had no real good answer.

That wasn't smirking - he was stifling a Y-A-W-N

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7262213_f248.jpg

3. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

I'm not quite sure if you are saying Ryan is talking like he is a chastising lecture giver?
    Or are you saying that about Biden?

So let me get this straight.
    When Romney is wound up like the Energizer Bunny on crank and jumps from point to point and Obama doesn't fight back, Romney is awarded by the media with "style points."
    Yet, when Biden goes on the attack and hammers Ryan on his talking points with no substance (note the moderator also tried unsuccessfully to drill Ryan for specifics), he's
    accused of "posing smirks."

Maybe the Obama/Biden campaign is sick, sick, sick of having so many blatant, bald faced LIES told right to their face. Joe was sent there tonight to set the record straight. He mopped the floor with Lyin Ryan.
    But he didn't go far enough, in my opinion.

"style points"  . . . cute.  The moderator . . . was there to be cute?  smile LOL

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
        Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wish I could claim the term "style points."
        But it's all over the internet.
        Sample:
        http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2012/ … le-points/

Well, I'll check that link out tomorrow, can't see rushing to read a CNN link given their lack of coverage of the coverup and lies of what happened in Libya --- facts are facts.  And his posing smirks are just facts as well . he is a poser, love that new gen term -- it is Biden's long term government job being a "poser" - jeez he has had 50 years or more of experience at playing the political game -- let us all throw up and be thankful that Romney and Ryan are the opposing parties and that we will one day have our country back on the right track to future prosperity.

All the media said Romney won on style....not the moderators style.

2. cat on a soapbox profile image95
            cat on a soapboxposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Mighty Mom,   Ryan reminded me a lot of Obama just 4 years ago. The incumbents know the realities of office, and the challengers are full of idealism. What else is new?

2. Repairguy47 profile image59
        Repairguy47posted 11 years agoin reply to this

If the moderator was there to be cute she failed miserably.

2. livewithrichard profile image72
      livewithrichardposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ryan had his lunch handed to him... Biden was exactly as you would expect him to be if you had ever seen him speak publicly... he is passionate and sometimes too passionate and after doing the same thing for over 40 years and having the same passion that says something.

I expected more from Ryan... More assertiveness, he was calm and almost too calm... this seemed like the exact opposite of the R/O debate. 

I might be more responsive to Ryan's tax plan if he could give some solid details... just saying closing loopholes is not enough... saying we'll take a bipartisan approach is laughable.  I just don't trust what he is saying or what Romney is saying... I believe they believe in their way I just don't see the confidence in either of them on being able to back it up or bringing both parties together.

I think Ryan and Romney are both real good men and care deeply about this country... I believe Ryan is more in touch that Romney ever could be but if Romney becomes President then Ryan would have the fate of Dan Quayle.

??  Puzzling.  We are clearly on the wrong track, we clearly can not trust this administration's motives goals and vision for this country, and we clearly can trust Romney and Ryan, and that's pretty much the bottom line.

1. livewithrichard profile image72

What exactly is clear here that we can trust Romney/Ryan?  No specifics on anything... I'm not questioning their patriotism or love for America but you would think that after 2 weeks since the Presidential debate that SOME specific details could be laid out...
          I don't think our administration is on the wrong track... I agree that its time to let the Bush tax credits expire...  It only affects 120k families and only 3% of small businesses in this country... you hear the loudest opposition coming from the Richest in the country stirring up those that might otherwise be for the tax breaks in light of our current economy...  CEO's against Obama comes to mind and some of them threatening their employees that if Obama wins they will have to fire or let go large portions of their workforce... which is complete BS because we know for a fact that GREED drives them they want more and they want to pay less for it.   Trust my ass....

1. profile image61
            logic,commonsenseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Who says/where is it written that are only alternative is to raise taxes?  Why isn't cutting spending in the liberal vocabulary?  I work hard for every dime and I'm damn sure not willing to send any more than necessary to the idiots in Washington.  They would know efficiency and ROI if it bit them in the ass.

2. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Most viewers disagree with you, according to CNN, but you're certainly entitled to your opinion. I've already heard the right wing saying Ryan used Biden as a mop, which I don't agree with, either.

LOL well thank you for allowing me to have my opinion hmm

1. habee profile image92

You're welcome. I guess I should have added that I respect your opinion. Does that sound better?

1. habee profile image92

I'm really confused about the Libya mess now, though. Biden is supposed to be an expert on foreign policy, right? He said the admin was not told they wanted more security. The State Dept, however, testified that two of their people in Libya requested more security, and that it was denied. Read the transcript from Eric Nordstrom.

2. livewithrichard profile image72

smile Of course... just bustin chops its past my bedtime.

1. habee profile image92

lol. Nightie night!

3. GA Anderson profile image88

Thank goodness we have Baskin Robins ice cream - because I certainly saw the debate differently.

GA

3. PhoenixV profile image64
      PhoenixVposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think the only one that has used dope has been obama isn't that correct? I wonder if anyone was murdered "scoring his dope for him"?

4. JSChams profile image61
      JSChamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this
    5. GA Anderson profile image88

If both sides produce their own studies to back their facts - how do you decide who's lying?

CNN did a fairly objective analysis of Biden and Ryan's Medicare positions/claims, and concluded that Ryan was not lying about his proposal facts, nor was Biden lying about their efforts to cut waste. Both proposals are essentially attacking the same proportion of Medicare costs reductions - but from different points.

So, what information do you have that Ryan's "voucher" reform efforts are unworkable - and that he's lying when he says it will work? Other than Democrat strategist's talking points I mean?

Unless of course you are comfortable relying on Joe's plea to "Trust me on this"

GA

4. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 11 years ago

Ryan never specified deductions, and he claimed a Romney administration would outlaw abortion in all cases, minus the life of the mother, incest, and rape. 

He also lied about his voucher program, and dodged about what he would cut from government.

1. GA Anderson profile image88

What lies did tell regarding the "voucher" program?

He cited supporting studies - Joe cited supporting studies - so how do you tell who's lying?

Obviously you have specifics in mind, I know you wouldn't just repeat Dem talking points - so,  what did Ryan lie about - regarding Medicare reform?

GA

1. profile image0
        Sooner28posted 11 years agoin reply to this

That he didn't favor a straight voucher program (which his first budget included), and that it wouldn't increase costs for seniors (which the CBO found it would).  This was hashed out back when he first introduced that euphemism called "the Path to Prosperity." 

It could more aptly be called the Path to Poverty.

5. cat on a soapbox profile image95
    cat on a soapboxposted 11 years ago

Looking at the VP candidate debate from a neutral platform. I'm answering re. subject presentation, articulation, and strength of position. I thought Biden appeared passionate and genuine; however. he kept reiterating points outside of the topic asked, mispronounced  names of people and places, and lacked clarity. He came off as flustered rather than confident and strong.  Paul Ryan seemed better informed, more confident, and clearly in control when laying out points and defending them.

1. profile image0

Better informed on what?

2. KFlippin profile image61

Excellent observations, and I would add that it is Biden's forte' for a number of years to play the role he played tonight to utter talking points much practiced, and much like our President, he went off topic in the debate when he had no answers, though certainly not so far out in left field as our POTUS in response to questions in the first debate -- quite a different debate tonight in style and moderation.

1. profile image0

Is it the Republican way to refuse to be specific?

3. Mighty Mom profile image78

As opposed to Ryan, who when asked what he brings to the country as a man and he just repeated his Obama attack talking points.
      So I guess that's our takeaway from this debate.
      Ryan will continue attacking Obama even if elected as vice president.

6. tammybarnette profile image60
    tammybarnetteposted 11 years ago

Biden is almost 70 years old ladies... He did trip over some words while trying to make his VERY clear and factual points to the constaint of his time limit. Ryan looked robotic and over rehearsed

1. habee profile image92

CNN poll on who was clearer on his points:

Ryan - 50%

Biden - 41%

Actually, I thought it was a tie there.

I was surprised period! Biden may not have had a landslide, but I thought he was a clear winner. He did do a little to much commercializing, not as much as Ryan, but he actually answered the questions.

2. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Habee, the poll I saw on the CNN website shows Ryan 48% and Biden 44%, AND if you read the fine print, you will see this:

"The sample of debate-watchers in this poll were 31% Democratic and 33% Republican. That indicates that the sample of debate watchers is about eight points more Republican than an average CNN poll of all Americans, so the respondents were more Republican than the general public."

http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/pollingcenter/polls/3262

1. habee profile image92

Yes, I quoted those results already. The 50-41 was in answer to the question about clarity.

1. profile image0
            PrettyPantherposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oops, sorry I missed that.  First cup of coffee hasn't fully kicked in.  smile

2. profile image0

Still that close, even with more Republicans eh?

2. KFlippin profile image61

Okay . . . so you think Ryan was robotic . . . I think Biden was a buffoon, but that's not new, him coming off like an idiot.  He is quite well rehearsed on his talking points, and well should be given the fact we've been paying him to be a good soldier/VP for a few years now.  The moderator . . . . in my opionion was half even steven, and a quarter clearly letting Biden interrupt and speaking his sputter when he chose . . . too bad for her.  Obama and Biden both seem to be competing for who can have the biggest and dumbest looking grin . . . smile LOL and I don't mean to insult them personally, but I couldn't help but think it, and think of comedy skits constantly in both debates, they seemed more suited to a funny show or something,  their grins are striking, not suited to the serious nature of their positions and to a debate that will impact the future of our country.

Ryan was hitting the talking points, I mean are you not tired of hearing the $7bil lie from your party....I thought the moderator was very fair, I believe the stats were Biden spoke maybe 30 seconds more than Ryan....And I don't know why anyone would not like a smile? And the laughs and such were always before he called him out on a lie, so yes that's funny:)

3. GA Anderson profile image88

"robotic and over rehearsed..."

hmmm... where have I heard that... oh right - ALL the Democrat spinners, er.. strategists. Must be universal mind-meld

Thank goodness we have all these independent free-thinkers here

GA

4. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

Ryan still couldn't come up with a specific plan when asked.  His pause before answering the question about abortion cost his ticket some important votes.

Biden didn't appear flustered. He was well- prepared and knew points being addressed without having to have had a prepared answer on some counter remarks.

5. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 11 years ago

MM, I'm surprised at your hyperbole: Biden "wiped the floor" with Ryan?? Really??

CNN, the fairest network, decided it was a draw.

CNN poll: Ryan 48%, Biden 44%

CNN focus group: 1/3 said Ryan won, 1/3 said Biden won, and 1/3 said it was a tie.

MSNBS proclaimed Biden the winner, and FOX declared Ryan the winner. (No surprise with either there.)

Personally, I thought Biden did a much better job of connecting with the audience - at the venue and on TV. I didn't think Biden looked like "a baffoon," as an indie on CNN said. I do think he interrupted too much, however.

My favorite part was when the candidates and their families interracted on stage after the debate. We need more of that!

1. profile image0
        Justsilvieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Probably if we had an inside view I am betting the famlies on capital hill interact more than we may realize. Politicians of both parties have more in comon with each other than they do with us.

And I am also betting the clowns in congress fight all day then meet up for a drink after a hard day of screwing off and laugh at how little they managed to get done.

Just like county prosecutors & public pretenders in court.

6. profile image0
      JaxsonRaineposted 11 years ago

Substance - tie
      Style - Biden lost it, over-exaggerated eye-rolls and smirks, constant interruptions...

I think if Biden had acted maturely, he would have come out ahead.

Not on substance, he still thinks our Ambassador was killed by a mob over a video . . . enough said.......

Huh? Where do you get that idea from?

2. Cody Hodge5 profile image70

I guess you can say that the smirking and laughing was unprofessional, but Ryan was outclassed significantly on substance.

7. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 11 years ago

My thoughts:  I thought Ryan scored a few points on Libya, but otherwise was out of his league, particularly in the areas of Afghanistan, Medicare, Social Security, and his unwillingness to provide specifics about their proposed budget.  Also, even my Republican husband gagged whenever Ryan (you know, the guy whose grandstanding over the debt ceiling resulted in the downgrading of the US credit rating) mentioned the word "bipartisanship."

1. kerryg profile image83
        kerrygposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It was funny when Ryan tried to bring up Reagan and Biden was like "Reagan had specifics. I know. I was there." Ryan was, what, 10?

1. Repairguy47 profile image59

IF Biden was there he was told to sit in a corner and shut up, real men were talking.

LOL, sour grapes much? Biden had been in the Senate for 14 years already in 1986. I doubt he was sitting in any corners.

No sour grapes here, Biden is a nonentity, was then and is now.

US Senator for 36 years
                Former chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee and Senate Foreign Relations Committee
                15th longest serving senator in US history
                Vice president of the United States of America

I see what you mean. I know that kind of resume just screams "non-entity" to me!

Nonentity, who cares how long he's been sucking off the teats of the United States? Only a lib would think that's admirable.

1. profile image0

If you think the whole system of government is "sucking off the teats of the United States," I'd like to know what your alternative to our current system is.  This would mean Reagan sucked the teat for 8 years, Bush 41 for 4, and Bush 43 for 8.  Republican presidents from Reagan beyond have been sucking the government teat for a total of 20 years!

2. Jean Bakula profile image92
                  Jean Bakulaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And Biden's son served in the military. I don't see any great patriots in the Romney/Ryan team who actually fought for their countries. Biden has had a lot of sorrow in his life, and I think the last thing he wanted was to face the fact he could lose another loved one, this time to a war. He has been to Afghanistan and Iraq over 20 times, and knows what is happening there. The  military is changing, and can sustain cuts where the money could be better spent elsewhere. I don't see why people are so mean and acting as if Biden was a doddering fool. Ryan never answered specific questions, and Biden smiled whenever the BS got so thick it was unbearable. We still have no loopholes or significant facts from Ryan or Romney. The fact alone that they were going to let the auto industry fail should enrage people. Social Security is not in immediate danger. And Romney still thinks "people who live in apartments can call 911 if they need medical help." He lives in a fantasy world where poor people live in apartments. Many chose to live in apartments because they do not want all the maintenance which comes with a house. Of course, when you own 4 homes and have staff to take care of all that, I guess it doesn't matter. Ryan and Romney need a reality check.

8. JSChams profile image61
      JSChamsposted 11 years ago
    9. JSChams profile image61
    10. JSChams profile image61

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7260538_f248.jpg

11. kerryg profile image83
      kerrygposted 11 years ago

I'm with MM. I thought Biden wiped the floor with Ryan. He did slow down a bit at the end, but the guy's 70, after all. Biden had facts, numbers, and specifics. For a supposed "numbers guy," Ryan had almost none. It was especially obvious when the moderator asked him (repeatedly, I might add - good for her for calling them both out when they were being too vague) about what loopholes he and Romney planned to close and he just kept babbling about bipartisanship. (Never mind that Romney vetoed 800 bills as governor of Massachusetts and kept having to be overridden by the legislature.) Did he name even a single loophole? I didn't hear one. Ryan just kept trying to insert obviously rehearsed and mostly irrelevant talking points and anecdotes into the debate.

My jaw just about hit the floor when the moderator asked him about the Detroit bailout and he said "Mitt Romney's a car guy" and then launched into that story about Romney paying for some family's college tuition after they got in a car crash. First, what the hell does that have to do with the Detroit bailout? Second, I can't decide if he just didn't know that Biden's wife and daughter were killed in a car crash or if he did know and was hitting below the belt to try to throw Biden off. Either way, Biden's response was all class and Ryan came off looking either like an ignorant schmuck or a total asshole, so I suppose as a liberal I ought to be thanking him. smile

It was also hilarious when Ryan answered the question about whether he felt bad about the negative tone of the campaign with two minutes straight of attacks on Obama. It was pretty obvious he was just trying to increase the amount of time he had for closing comments and squeeze in all his talking points before it was too late.

I personally enjoyed Biden's laughter and eye rolling. It was like a real-time fact check - the louder he laughed, the deeper Ryan was sinking into Bullshit Swamp, lol. My husband (who's much farther right than I am but who hates Romney/Ryan) and I had a ball watching the debate last night. It was better than 99% of the shit that comes out of Hollywood these days. big_smile The format was much better than the presidential debate (and the moderator did better, too) - it came off as much more of a debate.

+++ boy oh boy whatta swift sweeper, throwing distracting flack into the air with a story that evaded the question  by hijacking your emotions. And Ryan's lies will always catch up to him  - they only work for a short while.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7261200_f248.jpg

I got the next picture on emotional hijacking talking about Mormons:
        http://postmormon.blogspot.com/2011/05/ … ts-so.html

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7261203_f248.jpg

12. Repairguy47 profile image59
      Repairguy47posted 11 years ago

The real Joe Biden
      "When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened." –Joe Biden, apparently unaware that FDR wasn't president when the stock market crashed in 1929 and that only experimental TV sets were in use at that time, interview with Katie Couric, Sept. 22, 2008

13. Repairguy47 profile image59

The real Joe Biden
      "Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs." --Joe Biden, Athens, Ohio, Oct. 15, 2008

14. Repairguy47 profile image59

The real Joe Biden
      "Stand up, Chuck, let 'em see ya." –-Joe Biden, to Missouri state Sen. Chuck Graham, who is in a wheelchair, Columbia, Missouri, Sept. 12, 2008

15. Repairguy47 profile image59

Yep, thats a guy we should all be proud of. roll

16. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago

So now the polls are fair to Republicans. I thought last week they were all skewed in favor of the Democrats and didn't count now.

17. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

Brenda, did you watch the Presidential debate?  Romney was smirky, rude and controlling.

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I only watched part of it, unlike the Biden/Ryan debate.   I have it recorded, though.   The parts that I saw didn't show Romney as rude nor controlling.   If and when I finish watching it, I'll try  to reply again to you.

2. What's News profile image66

Romney may have had control of the debate, it was clear Obama wasn't going to step up, that's been clear for the past 3 3/4 years.

18. ptosis profile image67

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7262127_f248.jpg

Biden's comments:
      "not a single thing he said is accurate."
      "a bunch of stuff."
      "Oh, now you're Jack Kennedy?"

"The sighing, the eye-rolling, the grinning... dismissive laughs, the interruptions ...

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7262129_f248.jpg

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7262131_f248.jpg

This guy has some rubber face don't he?

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7262135_f248.jpg

1. Dr Billy Kidd profile image91
        Dr Billy Kiddposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Could it be that this is what you have to do to win a U.S. TV audience? They're looking for a reality program.

19. profile image0
      JaxsonRaineposted 11 years ago

Biden: I voted against the wars that I voted for, saying that we couldn't afford them.
      *crickets*

Ryan: I ran a marathon in blah blah blah
      *up in arms*

Paul Ryan: talking points, studder, studder, lie, talking point lie, lie...lets go to to war just because

Biden: Real talk straight to the American people....because he has been there

Hmmm...I wonder who I would choose

1. JSChams profile image61

How soon we forget Joe Biden the Walking Gaffe.
          Little slips of racism like you need an Indian accent to work at 7-11.
          Asking a man in a wheelchair at a rally to stand up.
          Actually stating the middle class has been under attack the last four years.
          They couldn't write this stuff. They must have literally brainwashed him for weeks to insure he didn't do that.

hamming up his disbelief, Biden was signaling disbelief that  Ryan is a joke, and laughably callow.

Really? Talk to me about the accomplishments of Joe Biden. I mean besides being a walking embarrassment.
              They took him off the campaign trail in 2008 because they couldn't ever be sure what he would say next.

I wasn't defending Biden nor do I agree that he ever did any good. That's why he's a veep - a dead end job.

Defend Lyin' Ryan if you are so hot for him to be a veep

I think "Lyin Ryan" is not better or worse. So what was the third choice?
                  I didn't see either debate. I work in the evenings.
                  I can tell you during the deliberations about the health care bill Ryan brought  the actual bill to the table and Barack lost it, called it a prop(it aint a prop if it's the real thing). I thought that took guts which is something missing don't you think?
                  Like I said we have two sets of people you have to choose from. Who you going for? it's up to you but if you are looking for lily white politicians you are on a fools errand.

20. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 11 years ago

Straight talk = lies about your voting record?

No worse than Ryan smile

21. ptosis profile image67

http://thelastofthemillenniums.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/ryan-for-himself.jpg
      http://www.forgetthebox.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Final-Paul-Ryan-Liar-544x306.jpg
      http://oneutah.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/ryan_speech.jpg

Whatever....that means what? In reality?
        Sorry you don't like the man but the choices are pretty slim. He is actually the best of the four.
        Now....convince me otherwise and pictures with quotes from pundits don't get it.

I honestly don't think you would have said that if you had seen the debate which you stated earlier that you had not.  Ryan, I think he has good intentions, I think they all have good intentions, but in this debate Ryan allowed himself to be bullied by one of our own... How do you think he would handle being bullied by Putin and other rival Head's of State? 
          Personally, I like the guy but I don't think he is mature enough to take the chance that he could be our Head of State...  You can dress him up and style his hair but that does not make him look presidential.
          http://goo.gl/5TfRd

I don't have allegiance to any party, I vote based on issues.  Even in my hometown of Chicago where it is heavily Democrat, I never vote the party line.  I want the best person for my district that matches my ideals and my goals.  I voted R for mayor and Governor and D for my Alderman and for the judges, I never vote for the incumbent. 

I don't like all the things that Obama stands for or makes as his priorities and I certainly do not like the flip flopping Romney who only stands on a position if he thinks it will make him look better in the polls.  I would rather take the chance on a second term with Obama than allow Romney to take this country backwards.  We have what we have and I can only hope that we have better choices in 2016. 

If the sky falls, BIG DEAL, I'm a survivor.

Well i go from that to the things you never know that will fall out of Biden's mouth and imagine that at a negotiating table.

You or no one else has enough money or influence to make me wish for four more years of non-leadership like we have had. I would vote for my shoe first.

I have no stake in trying to influence anyone.  The vote is a personal choice that only the individual can make.  It is the job of the candidates to try and influence voters which is always then subjugated by the parties and the spin doctors. 

If I were voting strictly on the economy, then Romney would be the better of the 2 choices. If I thought America should be run like a company then yes, Romney has the better qualifications but then Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Larry Ellison, the Koch brothers or any of the Waltons would be a better choice than Romney... where are they?

Sadly, the economy is only a fraction of what is wrong in the United States but that and foreign affairs get the spot lights. Our infrastructure only gets air time when a bridge collapses and only then if there are deaths involved.  There are approximately 30 homicides committed each day in the US but where is the national outcry... there may be some local 2 minute spot on the nightly news but then tomorrow its old news.  How many have to choose food over medicine, or utilities or rent?  And those that have to choose food first are they choosing nutrition over cost? Probably not, they thank goodness for the dollar menu at McDonalds.

When I consider who I'm voting for, my main concerns are focused on the US. And don't give me the line that it's the State's responsibility... that is a total washout with me.. there is no difference at the State level and at the Federal level Government is government, taxes are taxes.

Want to turn the focus on Libya and the supposed lies they told us... go ahead it doesn't make much difference in the bigger scheme of things.  Libya is not important to me and I would bet that its not important to the majority of Americans.  I would further bet that the majority of Americans couldn't even point out on the map where Libya is located and that is a direct reflection of how important Libya is to most Americans.  It is a lesser issue than those that affect us here at home.

1. Mighty Mom profile image78

+++++

1. Jean Bakula profile image92
                  Jean Bakulaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I thought it was a 50/50. Biden did a good job, and he was laughing at Ryan's lack of facts. Still, Ryan did better than I thought he would. I think he needs more seasoning and wouldn't want to see him in the Presidential spot if the worst ever happened. I'd still rather give Obama 4 more years. I don't think Romney/Ryan have any foreign policy experience. I know R's call Obama's trip around the world the "apology tour," but the U.S. was looking like a big bully when Obama took office (not my words, words of people of other countries) and people in other countries needed reassurance that we weren't out to bomb every country in sight. Obama was also short on foreign policy experience, but he has the kind of personality that calms other countries when necessary, and he chose Biden for his experience. As far as debate formats, this one was better than the first one. No matter what the rules, both candidates will speak longer than they are supposed to, and probably won't answer the questions we really want answers to. I don't envy any moderators, but can't think of a way to make the format better. Maybe we could make the candidates answer a list of questions, and make it public so we can read it when we want. I don't like to watch TV that much.

22. JSChams profile image61

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7266136_f248.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)