Bullying is bad, but...

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (16 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 11 years ago

“Anti-bullying legislation is exactly the same,” Mr. Fischer said. “It’s just another thinly veiled attempt to promote the homosexual agenda. No one is in favor of anyone getting bullied for any reason, but these anti-bullying policies become a mechanism for punishing Christian students who believe that homosexual behavior is not something that should be normalized.”  http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/15/us/se … r&_r=0

Defending hate speech is going to forever stain these mental midgets.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

So they think some kinds of bullying should be protected?  Wow.

1. Josak profile image59
      Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Bullying gay people is fine obviously. From their perspective it's working out just great with gay teens having a suicide rate many times the average.

3. Nire Kross profile image61
    Nire Krossposted 11 years ago

What, prey tell, is the homosexual agenda?

1. Josak profile image59

Marrying the people they love. Those evil 'Merica hating commies!

2. profile image0
      Sooner28posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Equal rights for homosexuals...Horrible I know!

3. tirelesstraveler profile image59
      tirelesstravelerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

According to the California State Standards all children K-12 will be taught that homosexuality is normal and healthy.  The governor signed more than one law that states this.  If that isn't an agenda, well tell the millions of people in Africa that have aids that they are healthy.  Let me see, SB 777 is just the first law that comes to mind. There are at least 4 other laws that parents have no option out of.  They don't take into account religious beliefs or anything other thoughts.
      Harvey Milk now he ranks up with Cesar Chavez, Abe Lincoln and George Washington. May 22 of each year is to commemorate all he has done for California.   According to the Mayor of Castro Street, Milk's biography, written by Randy Slits,he was a self professed pedophile. Slits was a highly acclaimed journalist until his death.  Slits was one of the first to die of Aids.

1. profile image0

It is normal, but the Lunch Day is just about promoting interaction with people who are different from you.

I'd also like to see some citation about Harvey Milk being a pedophile.

1. tirelesstraveler profile image59

Throughout history homosexuality is something you could dabble in until you grew to maturity.  Then you were expected to get married and have children so the species could continue.
          It is in Randy Stilts biography on Milk, called the Mayor of Castro Street.
          LOL lunch day! Harvey Milk Day doesn't promote discussion. In our schools in CA, if you are gay, disagree with someone, you go to the principal and the other person gets suspended for bullying. The administration has no option.
          If you want a litany of my gay friends. My mother in the 60's worked with a gay couple.  Everyone knew they were gay and it didn't make any difference.  They still socialize with the rest of the people they worked with at parties. In those days there were indeed inequalities.  Gays are people.  My gay friends are wonderful just like my straight friends.  My sons boss and her partner, who happens to be my neighbors, are delightful, wonderful with their kids and efficient at work.  The gay couples I socialize with through my husbands work with are also delightful. Still, I don't need to know anything about what they do in their bedroom.  I fail to see why teaching children that something that can be fatal is good.

1. profile image0

Just like if you were to be racist, you would be suspended for bullying.

No difference, and I don't know what fantasy bubble you have insulated yourself in to believe that homosexuality is something people "dabble in" when they are young.  Is that your experience, or are you just trying to defend the indefensible?

1. tirelesstraveler profile image59

You got me.  I should have said "ancient" history. The Greek and Roman Empires.
                I don't think people dabble in homosexuality at all.

Homosexuals are way more than sex. They are people. People are incredibly valuable you can't pick and choose who is valuable and who isn't.

1. profile image0

I don't know if you are screwing with me.

2. Josak profile image59

Homosexuality is normal, throughout history as far back as it goes a percentage of the human population has been gay which is normal, what is abnormal is the persecution of it.

AIDs has nothing to do with homosexuality, while gay men have a higher chance of catching certain STDs gay women have a much lower chance of catching STDs than heterosexual couples so when balanced out homosexuality is no more dangerous than heterosexuality. 

Milk was not a paedophile he was accused of being such at the time because people thought that homosexuals were paedophiles it was actually Milk who disproved it in the public eye bringing to light studies that showed the vast majority of paedophiles were heterosexual. It's sad that so many years later the ignorant keep spreading those hateful smears in absence of an actual argument.

4. wilderness profile image93
    wildernessposted 11 years ago

Where do they find these people?  The fifth Bolgia, or is the sixth more likely?  They certainly can't come from the face of the earth - bad as some people are, they aren't this evil.

1. profile image0

The American Family Association is mainstream within conservative Christianity; they have their own radio stations and giant budgets.

I guess the trappings of a human being can't assure us that an organism is one.

1. wilderness profile image93
        wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You've got that one right, for sure.  When little kids pay the price for spreading their hate they've left the concept of humanity behind them.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)