The OFFICIAL Final Presidential Debate Thread

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (59 posts)
  1. profile image0
    JaxsonRaineposted 11 years ago

Habee got the jump on the debate last time. This time, it's my turn.

I predict that Obama is going to end up with 4 minutes more speaking time. Liberals will complain that Romney was rude, interrupted Obama, and bullied the moderator. Conservatives will complain that the moderator is biased, and that Obama avoided speaking about his record.

Someone will accidentally make an obscene gesture, possibly something like Romney taking off his shoe and stuffing his sock in Obama's mouth so he can catch up on speaking time.

Romney will say "I'm going to crack down on China", Obama will say "Osama bin Laden is dead".

CNN will say the debate was a tie, FOX will say Romney won by 5%, and MSNBC will say Obama won by 24%.

Nothing will change, we will all argue about word choice for a couple of days.

1. tammybarnette profile image60
      tammybarnetteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Jax lol We may not agree on politics, but I love you sense of humor! A very smart man recently told me that he would never want me to change (he is conservative) my opinions, because a strong left and a strong right make eachother and the country better smile I think he is correct.

2. profile image0

So, now you don't need to watch the debate, you're all caught up.

3. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 11 years ago

I think you prolly nailed it, buddy!

1. profile image0
      JaxsonRaineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

[INSERT CANNED RESPONSE]

If you are voting for Obama... I"M NOT YOUR BUDDY.

If you are voting for Romney... THANK YOU! WE RULE!

If you are voting for Johnson... Obama thanks you for your vote...

1. Josak profile image60
        Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Don't forget Stein seems she will be getting some votes this year too. But hey at least we can be buddies since I am not voting Obama tongue

2. innersmiff profile image66
        innersmiffposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you are voting for either Romney or Obama . . . the police-state thanks you for your vote!

1. profile image0

I'll only vote for someone who doesn't have a chance of winning if:

A: I live in a non-swing state.
          B: I agree more with the person who can't win than either of the people who can.

In this case, neither of those apply.

1. innersmiff profile image66

So you agree with the police state, why didn't you just say that?

1. profile image0

Because that's not what I meant, so that's not what I said.

At this point in time, the economy trumps the existing civil liberty concerns we are facing, and Romney is much better suited to fix the economy.

1. movingout profile image60
                movingoutposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So more manufacturing jobs will go overseas! Sounds like you have a plan!lol Sorry, Romney will lead us, not to the next recession, but in my opinion the next Great Depression! All my family and friends are going with the POTUS. Romney/Ryan approach to womans rights, medicare vouchers, healthcare, reluctance to tax the wealthy, no job creation plan in detail, and his 47% comments sold us!

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
                  TIMETRAVELER2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I absolutely agree and our family has already voted for POTUS

2. innersmiff profile image66

Both the economy and the civil liberties issues have a sole cause: big government. Big government is exactly what Romney is promoting.

He's also promoting BIG business at the expense of the worker.

1. innersmiff profile image66

So is Obama - he only postures to be for the working class. In reality he is as much a puppet of Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan as Romney is.

2. profile image0

I addressed this in the thread 'Why I don't support Johnson'.

It's not about what got us here, it's about making our situation better tomorrow.

Jaxson, I agree. Problem is, career politicians. Also the age of some of our representatives. I believe many are seeing fixes to todays problems with yester a years approaches. What worked then, problably won't work today, given the technology of today.

3. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm voting for Romney, along with the rest of my extended family - except for two wayward members. lol

Sounds like the two wayward members are concerned about women's right, vouchers, healthcare and the 47% comments. Sounds like they've been following the campaign closely.

4. tammybarnette profile image60

Well that stinks...

4. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

Aside from having your numbers reversed, I agree with Habee that you nailed it, BUDDY.
    lol
    Fox will declare Romney the winner by 24% and MSNBC will declare Obama the winner by 5%.
    Romney will repeat his Day One plan to declare China a currency manipulator.
    But Limbaugh is already calling Obama a "moderator manipulator."
    Obama's already given his spoiler alert on Bin Laden at last night's Al Smith dinner.

It would be great if they can get past Libya and China in this debate. I mean, there are a few other countries in the world.

5. movingout profile image60
    movingoutposted 11 years ago

The moderator will introduce the candidates, Welcoming President Barrack Obama and Governor Willard Romney. Romney will immediately attack the moderator saying, my name isn't Willard! My name is Mitt! The moderator will ask proof of this from Willard, asking him to provide his birth certificate. When unable to dispute the moderator, Willard will stomp back to his chair, visibly shaken!

6. innersmiff profile image66
    innersmiffposted 11 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7288922_f248.jpg

7. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 11 years ago

I'll have to remember this thread is here after Obama whoops Romney tomorrow tongue.

1. profile image0

Yeah, good luck with that.

1. profile image0
        Sooner28posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Looks like it is already pretty lively anyway. 

Like you said, I'm not sure anything new will come to light.  I'm hoping you and I are both wrong.

8. profile image0

I'm responding so this thread will jump up to the beginning to remind people this thread exists.

Also, I'm interested in hearing what the candidates leave out, such as indefinite detention and torture.

9. profile image0

Wow, a lot of agreeiment on foriegn policy anyway...much nicer to eachother this time...both sweated a lot,LOL smile

10. movingout profile image60

A debate of agreeing with the POTUS. Call it anyway you want, but Romney backed down and agreed, or simply doesn't have a working knowledge of foreign policy to offer any different plan.

1. KFlippin profile image60
      KFlippinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Movingout . . . or moving on?  Romney did very well, Obama looked to the moderater with the intensely "begging eyes" for help so often it was sad, he wanted that liberal dude to help him, but Schaefer was not a Crowley, and he did not fold -- kudos to him!

lol roll

11. movingout profile image60

Romeny reminded me of Gumby. He twisted and turned yet again. Difference this time is he agreed with the majority of the POTUS foreign policies. Romney looked scared and close lipped, afraid he would say the wrong thing. He showed his lack of knowledge of foreign affairs. Sorry, but I can see we will agree to disagree!

12. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 11 years ago

Romney easily out maneuvered the President and was much more diplomatic. In agreeing with some of the president’s polices, or more rightly goals (which are not much more than common sense and policies that have been in place for decades,) however he rightly criticized the methods of implementation or lack thereof.   
          Romney’s biggest Hammer, “We do not dictate to other nations we liberate them.” Obama was left with his mouth hanging open

13. movingout profile image60

lmao...you had it right the first time. He agreed with some (actually most) of the POTUS policies. Romney scares the daylights out of me!

movingout, Did you notice that they sort of switched roles from the first debate...Obama was the clear winner, but I will say he should know more, he has been POTUS, and Romney did pretty good, because we all know he doesn't know much about foriegn policy...

48% Obama...40% Romney big_smile

2. KFlippin profile image60
      KFlippinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Scared you?  wow!!  The POTUS scares me, he looked intensely needy for the moderator to help him out of his smug scared face pasted on, must have been hard to hold that facial pose, but of course he has been practicing!!

@Kflippin....lol, If the POTUS needed the moderator, Romney needed a foreign affairs expert to answer the questions for him. lol He looked completely out of his element. One where Romney is in total control and people bow to him as a business guru!

14. movingout profile image60

I did notice! Romney sounded like a parrot who rehearsed speaking points told to him during "debate training".  He went from far right to maybe if I agree with the POTUS more people will vote for me.

big_smile

15. profile image0

Romney seemed to agree with Obama a lot.  It's weird considering Romney also called him weak.

1. profile image0

Weak on some things, not weak on others.

Is it really a bad thing to say your opponent has done some things right?

1. Cody Hodge5 profile image68
        Cody Hodge5posted 11 years agoin reply to this

In all seriousness, that is more or less what cost Kerry the election in 04....at least that was the perception.

2. Josak profile image60

Fox polling has Obama way ahead in winning the third debate.
        http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/10/22/vo … al-debate/

1. profile image0

Come on Josak, those internet polls mean nothing. Large partisan communities will target those polls. You can watch them swing drastically as a few hundred, or even a couple thousand people all come on to vote one side in a short time-frame. It's funny to watch, you can find the forums that do this, and they feel like they are somehow making a difference, when internet polls have a margin of error of ~101%.

1. Josak profile image60

If you can find any proof a demographic is targeting then it's a valid rejection, otherwise and judging from the comments it seems to be genuine. Fox has a certain crowd hang around it anyway and it's not liberal.

1. profile image0

Lol, ok. Go ahead and use an automatic poll that is not controlled for any factors, can be spoofed, spammed, and hacked, and gives absolutely no demographic information.

By the way...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021610297
              http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/10/2 … te-w-Links

Just two examples. Seriously, internet polls are worthless. Someone with a network of bots(you would be surprised) could force them all to spam a poll. One person could easily cast hundreds of thousands of votes.

And before you say 'You're just being a sore loser', I haven't used ANY internet polls, from any of the debates. They are stupid.

3. profile image0
        Sooner28posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nope.  But if it undermines your fundamental claims to being "different" it is an issue.

16. Charles James profile image66
    Charles Jamesposted 11 years ago

Jaxson -We can be buddies even if we support different candidates. You can recognise that a person has integrity even if they are currently or even permanently supporting the wrong views or the wrong candidate.
    It is the people who do not have integrity or intellectual clarity that are the real problem.

Congratulations on your hub by the way!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)