There is only one way for salvation, What do you think about it?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (122 posts)
  1. boyatdelhi profile image52
    boyatdelhiposted 11 years ago

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me"

1. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 11 years agoin reply to this

@boy not only jesus's marketters but most religions say such thing...nothing new in it...for e.g. allah is only god and muhammad his only messenger... one can understand this for how humans think...it is self boasting marketing claim...not to be taken literally...jesus's marketters are neither first nor last in making such claims...

boyatdelhiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

But no other religion clearly says that they are the only one way for salvation.

read quran...they dont even say that , they say humans exist for islam!!!!!!!...the first man who walked on earth was muslim is their claim...

They may believe so, but the truth is that Jesus is the only one way for salvation.

1. profile image0
              aimerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Amen! boyatdelhi

2. pisean282311 profile image62

@boy thats not truth but thats what u consider to be truth...there is no difference...in end it is what they believe or what u believe...key is believe...so stop selling ur believe as truth...

2. A Troubled Man profile image57
      A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Obviously, the man has serious mental disorders. He needs to seek professional help.

@atm true....

3. nightwork4 profile image60
      nightwork4posted 11 years agoin reply to this

because some 2,000 year old book says that some jesus guy said that, you take it as the truth, scary bud.

1. jacobkuttyta profile image44
        jacobkuttytaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You cannot deny the truth because it is too old.

4000 years back people found wheat is good to make bread.  Can you deny that truth just because it is 4000 years old?

Jesus is the Son of God and he show a way for salvation.  Jesus is still relevant and real and manifest to those who are  waiting for him.

1. A Troubled Man profile image57

Sorry, but comparing invisible super beings to bread does not work.

2. Billy Hicks profile image80
          Billy Hicksposted 11 years agoin reply to this

For your argument to be valid, you would first need to prove it to be true.

3. pisean282311 profile image62

@jacob truth is that jesus is son of god?...who told u this?...thats not truth , it is fiction written 1900 years ago by 4 different people who never even met jesus...most bible scholars agree to this...so stop selling something as truth and add that u believe that jesus is son of god...u r entitled to believe but thats it...

@pisean, how can you sat that bible is a fiction.  Go and search the history.  You will find that Jesus was alive in this world. Not only he lived in this earth but also have more than 500 witness for his resurrection. 

Jesus is the Son of God and the salvation is possible only through Jesus.

I challenge that you cannot prove that Bible is a fiction.

FACT #1: BROKEN ROMAN SEAL
                  As we have said, the first obvious fact was the breaking of the seal that stood for the power and authority of the Roman Empire. The consequences of breaking the seal were extremely severe. The FBI and CIA of the Roman Empire were called into action to find the man or men who were responsible. If they were apprehended, it meant automatic execution by crucifixion upside down. People feared the breaking of the seal. Jesus' disciples displayed signs of cowardice when they hid themselves. Peter, one of these disciples, went out and denied Christ three times.

FACT #2: EMPTY TOMB
                  As we have already discussed, another obvious fact after the resurrection was the empty tomb. The disciples of Christ did not go off to Athens or Rome to preach that Christ was raised from the dead. Rather, they went right back to the city of Jerusalem, where, if what they were teaching was false, the falsity would be evident. The empty tomb was "too notorious to be denied." Paul Althaus states that the resurrection "could have not been maintained in Jerusalem for a single day, for a single hour, if the emptiness of the tomb had not been established as a fact for all concerned."

Both Jewish and Roman sources and traditions admit an empty tomb. Those resources range from Josephus to a compilation of fifth-century Jewish writings called the "Toledoth Jeshu." Dr. Paul Maier calls this "positive evidence from a hostile source, which is the strongest kind of historical evidence. In essence, this means that if a source admits a fact decidedly not in its favor, then that fact is genuine."

Gamaliel, who was a member of the Jewish high court, the Sanhedrin, put forth the suggestion that the rise of the Christian movement was God's doing; he could not have done that if the tomb were still occupied, or if the Sanhedrin knew the whereabouts of Christ's body.

Paul Maier observes that " . . . if all the evidence is weighed carefully and fairly, it is indeed justifiable, according to the canons of historical research, to conclude that the sepulcher of Joseph of Arimathea, in which Jesus was buried, was actually empty on the morning of the first Easter. And no shred of evidence has yet been discovered in literary sources, epigraphy, or archaeology that would disprove this statement."

FACT #3: LARGE STONE MOVED
                  On that Sunday morning the first thing that impressed the people who approached the tomb was the unusual position of the one and a half to two ton stone that had been lodged in front of the doorway. All the Gospel writers mention it.

1. Billy Hicks profile image80

Nothing in your statement is evidence of the Divinity of Jesus.

"Fact #1": Breaking a Roman seal, while a crime at the time, is not proof of Divinity,

"Fact #2: I'm afraid the empty tomb can't help you this time either. In order to prove Divinity, you need to prove that sufficient conditions existed as to preclude the possibility of anything else. You simply can't.

a)The missing body: A body disappearing doesn't prove "resurrection"; it doesn't really prove anything. Maybe Jesus wasn't actually dead, and his followers rescued him. Maybe one of his followers stole his body to create the resurrection myth, maybe it was Professor Plumb in the library, with the candlestick; the point is, a missing body doesn't "prove divinity".

b) The Large Stone Moved: The stone was place by humans, and therefore could have been moved by humans. I'm afraid this one doesn't help you either.     

Look, you're a believer and I respect that, but this is where you guys run into problems. The nature of God and the Divinity of Christ are matters of faith, and any reasonable person will accept them as such. It's a belief structure, nothing more, nothing less.

First: Where your argument really falls apart is when you try to present your beliefs as "facts". Facts are held to a much higher standard than beliefs, as well they should be; your faith just doesn't pass the test in this aspect.

Second: Facts are incompatible with faith; the two simply can't exists together. You can only have faith in things you don't actually know to be true, once you know it to be true, it's no longer faith, it's knowledge.

For example:

Faith: I have faith that my beloved Steelers will win the Super Bowl this year. Can I prove it? No, but I believe it to be true.

Knowledge: I don't believe that the sky is blue, I know it is. I can't have faith because I've looked up and actually seen that the sky is blue, my faith is replaced with knowledge.

Have faith, that's perfectly fine, but don't present your faith as fact.

To understand the divinity of Jesus, you need to read the New Testament.

@boy to understand non divinity of jesus one need to read quran and torah...so books doesnot matter ...in end its mere faith , nothing more , nothing less...one has right to believe in anything but that right is only limited to one's self...

2. lone77star profile image73
                    lone77starposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Jesus also talks about the divinity within each of us.

3. Billy Hicks profile image80

I've read the New Testament (and the Old Testament). I'm sorry, but the New Testament can't be used as proof of it's own veracity. Your faith is admirable, but it's not fact, and that's fine, it doesn't have to be fact for you to believe it, but you can't have it both ways.

You don't get to hide from scrutiny by claiming that it's a matter of faith, and then turn around and proclaim your faith to be fact.

2. jacobkuttyta profile image44

JESUS' APPEARANCES CONFIRMED
                  Christ appeared alive on several occasions after the cataclysmic events of that first Easter . When studying an event in history, it is important to know whether enough people who were participants or eyewitnesses to the event were alive when the facts about the event were published. To know this is obviously helpful in ascertaining the accuracy of the published report. If the number of eyewitnesses is substantial, the event can he regarded as fairly well established. For instance, if we all witness a murder, and a later police report turns out to he a fabrication of lies, we as eyewitnesses can refute it.

OVER 500 WITNESSES
                  Several very important factors are often overlooked when considering Christ's post-resurrection appearances to individuals. The first is the large number of witnesses of Christ after that resurrection morning. One of the earliest records of Christ's appearing after the resurrection is by Paul. The apostle appealed to his audience's knowledge of the fact that Christ had been seen by more than 500 people at one time. Paul reminded them that the majority of those people were still alive and could be questioned. Dr. Edwin M. Yamauchi, associate professor of history at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, emphasizes: "What gives a special authority to the list (of witnesses) as historical evidence is the reference to most of the five hundred brethren being still alive. St. Paul says in effect, 'If you do not believe me, you can ask them.' Such a statement in an admittedly genuine letter written within thirty years of the event is almost as strong evidence as one could hope to get for something that happened nearly two thousand years ago." Let's take the more than 500 witnesses who saw Jesus alive after His death and burial, and place them in a courtroom. Do you realize that if each of those 500 people were to testify for only six minutes, including cross-examination, you would have an amazing 50 hours of firsthand testimony? Add to this the testimony of many other eyewitnesses and you would well have the largest and most lopsided trial in history.

@jacob can u list down names of those 500 people?...

2. LucidDreams profile image64
                LucidDreamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

These are not facts but just part of a story that those who believe can apparently never be swayed from this so-called truth. I just look at the facts man! All this stuff about Jesus and the bible and all the other religions are what?

Written by mere men and then reinterprated over the many years. Guess people need something to hold onto.

Billions of stars and potential other life seems inevitable. Then what, gotta a bible for them? Just can't see how this is all going to work out for those who follow ONE SPECIFIC RELIGION! How could it be that one story is the only truth? Not possible so please just keep your mind open and quit quoting religious beliefs, it's nonsense!

LOL! Sorry, but history says absolutely nothing about Jesus.

You challenge us to prove the Bible is fiction yet you are completely unable to show it is valid in any way and have to resort to fabrication stories about history. That's totally dishonest.

4. boyatdelhi profile image52

It is Logic....

But they don't want to accept it.

4. aka-dj profile image66
      aka-djposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This one verse sums it up nicely.

Jesus stated it clearly. NO-ONE gets to God the Father any other way, but through Him.

Not good news to those who don't want to know Jesus, but, that's the way it is.

People don't want to Romans 10:9 > >  "That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved. 10For with the heart man believes to righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made to salvation."

These are then left with finding "other ways" to God, which don't exist!
      There is no back door, side gate or a hole in the fence.

I say that the only way to God the Father is by worshiping Elvis. What makes your way any more or less true than mine?

1. aka-dj profile image66

Elvis worshipped Jesus (supposedly), so, no help for your cause there.

Believe what you like, it's YOUR destiny that's at stake, not mine.

Truth is truth, even if no-one believes it.

And a lie is a lie no matter how much you believe it.

What makes your version true?

Yes, it is.

It's not my version! (it's the Bible version)
              I just believe it. For me, it's a done deal. (I wrote a hub on it, so I won't add any more detail here).
              Made my choice over 30 years ago, haven't found a better "version" yet.

What are you offering?

@aka-dj believe is believe and every one is entitle to believe in anything...be it be jesus or horus or moses or allah or elvis...

REALLY?

I didn't know that!!!!!!!

2. r-o-y profile image54
          r-o-yposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Elvis is dead and gone; time is in the west not counted by Elvis but by Christ. There is no book of fulfilled prophecy left behind by Elvis.  There is no mention of Elvis ever defeating death and walking out of the grave. There is no mention of Elvis healing the sick. There is no mention of Elvis raising the dead. There is no mention of Elvis ever walking on water. There is no mention of Elvis casting demons out of people. What we do know of Elvis is that He was kicked out of three states for shacking in front of young girls with a hose pipe in his pants. We also know that Elvis dye a dope-addict; if I were you I would be more careful of how I chose my god.

@roy u r right...elvis was man who didnt heal , cast out devil etc because he was not fictious character like christ...he was human like jesus...jesus died and was elevated to super man like character called christ...nothing new in it though...we have made legends out of many since we began to think...

1. r-o-y profile image54

It have been proven the Jesus was real person of history, those who know history and taken the time to study do not doubt that Jesus was a real person that lived around the first century even if they don’t believe that he is God or even that there is a God. They used the same means to determine wither Jesus existed that they used to prove the wither or not any historic figure existed at that time. So if we can’t count on it being accurate about Jesus than all the other great men of that time that the west is so proud of probably didn’t live at that time either, the whole history of the west is just one big lie. It’s like the word itself says-history is just his-story.

@roy obviously jesus was historic figure...it is true that now that is being doubted but i think evidence of jesus being historical figure are there...

what is fiction is christ...not jesus...jesus ordinary human was elevated to fictious christ who had lesser attribute than super man but we can say it was super hero version of 2k yrs back days...

1. r-o-y profile image54

now you know i'm going to ask for evidence to prove that point.

obviously and u have every right to ask....what sources do u use for christ?...gosphels right?...now how many gosphels where there?...20...how many got selected?...4...who selected them?...when?...impt gospels rejected where of mary magelene, peter and judas...

most bible scholars agree that writers of gospels never ever met jesus...first gospel was not written before 60 years of death of jesus...

what was jesus charged with by Romans?...sedition....how many disciples jesus had?....not even 1000...now imagine a man who could heal , cast evil out etc couldnot even manage to have more than 1000 disciple...

myths surrounding jesus are not unique...it comes from various myths like horus,krishna etc...nothing is unique in christ myth , other than he coming from underdeveloped place ...

2. r-o-y profile image54

The god Elvis was no king, the king part of him “was” fictions he was no king of rock and roll, put the god Elvis up against Michael Jackson, James Brown, Wilson Picket, Jackie Wilson and many others and the god Elvis would have to take a seat in the back row! Yes this god Elvis is fiction he couldn’t dance all he did stood there and shook his leg and the women stood there staring at the pretty-boy face that was carved by doctors just as Michael was, look at the before and after picture of the god Elvis. This god Elvis was said to have murdered the black girl who taught him to sing, now I don’t know if that’s true or not, but what I do know is that once the god Elvis got rich he was very nice to black people buying the cars and other things as if he knew he where he come from. Yes the god Elvis the king is fiction!

Elvis's followers (an eccentric bunch though they may be) never led genocidal crusades to reclaim Tupelo. Elvis's followers never held inquisitions, forcing people to renounce The Beatles or face brutal executions. Wars have never been fought over Graceland. People don't protest soldier's funerals holding signs that say "ELVIS HATES FAGS". Elvis's followers don't believe that Elvis created Rock & Roll, they understand that it evolved from several other forms of music.

If I were you, I would be more careful how I chose my God.

@billy accept christ and i will give u ticket to heaven...

Sorry, but that task does not belong to you.

You have NO tickets to hand out.

2. r-o-y profile image54

Pisean282311, you’ll back? I thought you was going to come back with the quotes from your sources, again all you want to do is throughout wild false statements without any way qualifying  them in any. You state it so it must be true! You can’t do something as simple as producing the source of your information to prove your point.

3. r-o-y profile image54

Pisean282311, let’s try this another way, you seem to have my religion all figured out and know for sure that its wrong, than surely you have come across the meaning of life. I would like to learn of this new wisdom so that I may become an even better person. You would you please explain your vies on life. Do you believe in a god or not? Do believe in evolution or what? Who is it that I’m communication with? What would you replace Christianity with?

2. r-o-y profile image54

These things that you describe was never done by the church of Christ, as always the church’s true members were being burned alive who refuse to bow down to the pope. Just as the Jews were killing the Christians who refuse to follower the false Babylonia worship that brought into the temple when that Babylonian temple at Jerusalem was destroyed and rebuilt in Rome they did not change the Babylonian religion the of that temple they just added a few of their own gods like Mary worship. The power of Rome hi-jacked Christianity suppressed and murdered the true followers of Christ.

What you and many others call church history is not the history of the church of Christ; it’s the history of the takeover of the church by the pope and Rome why do you think there was so much burning alive of the true Christians.  Done of the worshiping that takes place in the Catholic have anything to do with Christianity. Christian never prays to the dead [saints] this is from the religion of those who has taken over the church. Christians never pray to women in heaven, the Babylonians did. Christians don’t kneel in an act of worship to any man as they do to the pope.  What you call church history is not the history of the church but the history of the hi-jacking of Christianity. Just as the god Elvis and his gang hi-jacked rock and roll and made it their own even though they did not create rock and roll, this is the same way Christianity was hi-jacked and the hi-jackers claim it for their own and went own make changes and it is now call just rock. Elvis was a fake and the Church of Rome is a fake!   Black musicians created black rock and roll, people like Fats Domino, Little Richard...Etc.  Maybe you need to study true history and stop being brain-washed.

That is complete and utter nonsense; "the takeover of the church by the Pope and Rome"? The Pope is the direct successor of St. Peter, ordained by Christ as the "shepherd of the church", if you're saying that he wasn't a "real Christian" then I'm not sure you even know what a Christian is.

It's obvious that you're passionate about your beliefs, and that's fine, but keep in mind that they are your beliefs, this doesn't make them true, nor does it make them factual, they are simply your beliefs. Trying to impose your beliefs on others is why there is so much animosity between believers and non-believers. Now, please enjoy the following...

http://s3.vidimg.popscreen.com/original/10/eVlWQWprMUJnWTQx_o_mel-gibson-calls-liam-neeson---taken.jpg

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you drop this pointless discussion now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will respond, I will comment, and I will embarrass you."

1. r-o-y profile image54

Billy Hicks, it was not Peter the disciple of Christ who started the Church of Rome, but Peter Magus the one who tried to buy the power of the Holy Spirit from the disciples who started this Babylonian church. I’m going to take another look in the book, but I don’t remember there being any mention of Peter being in Rome, but I’ll check this out again.  Simon Peter was a Christian, but Peter Magus, the builder of The Church of Rome was no Christian because the disciples told him his money perishes with him because he thought he could buy the things of God with money. No, the builder of the church at Rome was told by the apostles that he have no part in what they were going.
                  You Believe that Peter the disciple build the church at Rome, but where is that in the bible, Jesus said that the synagogue had become a house of devils and that His people should flee that temple and He never said another would be built.
                  And the mess you put at the bottom of your post suppose to frighten me? The fact that you would go through so much crap to silence me with fear just proves the weakness of your argument!

You have, absolutely, no idea what you're talking about.

First of all, "The Church of Rome" that you keep talking about, is just another name for the Catholic Church. The first Pope by the way, was St. Peter who was ordained by Christ ("on this rock I will build my church...).

Second, the picture and quote at the bottom was not meant to frighten you, of course who could blame you if you were, Liam Neeson is an imposing figure to be sure, it was meant to be a joke. Since however my humor was lost on you, please consider the following:

http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2009/11/14/129027096093297204.jpg

2. profile image0
                  Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol

Billy, I'm with Roy on this.  He's right.  You might want to be a bit less defensive and really consider someone else's opinion on a few things, especially since those opinions are Biblical.

Hey, I couldn't help notice the Liam Neeson reference.   Powerful movie!  I loved it.   I almost laughed at your pic of it.   But...ahem....we both know you've changed some of the words to fit your view.   Liam's character was bold and centered on protecting his daughter.    Your denomination shouldn't need such strong defense if it's true;   it only needs confirmation.    Confirm it with the Book you apparently claim to go by; the same Book all Christians should go by.     You will find that you can't do that in all instances, because a comparison between the Bible and some of the Church catechisms don't balance.  Forget the Catechisms for a moment, and go by the Book;  focus on what the disciples actually wrote instead of what more-modern preachers or Popes wrote;  then you will see the Truth.

First of all, I changed the quote because the last line of the original is: "If you let my daughter go now, that will be the end of it - I will not look for you, I will not pursue you... but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you... and I will kill you."

Somehow I didn't think that was appropriate for the discussion we were having (not to mention it's a pretty clear TOS violation).

Second: After having reread my conversation with R-O-Y, I would like to know exactly how you think I'm being "defensive"? I'm not advocating one denomination over another- I don't believe in any of them, what I am doing is pointing out that the religious community (in this case Christians) is fond of making irrational, unsubstantiated claims, declaring them to be fact- based on their interpretation of the Bible, and then condemning those who disagree.

Believe what you like, practice your faith as you will, but do not presume that others either should or have any desire to believe as you do.

5. ro-jo-yo profile image82
      ro-jo-yoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The Hebrew name of the Messiah is Yehowshuwa, and he came to call us back to his Father Yehowah.
      John 6:44 KJV
      No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day

6. dove777 profile image60
      dove777posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Jesus came to dwell among us in order to reveal the Mind of God to humanity. God chose us before the world was formed, therefore Jesus is saying no one can get to heaven without God.

1. ro-jo-yo profile image82

Jesus is an incorrect translation of the true Hebrew name Yehowshuwa. And Yehowshuwa  said that the greatest commandment is to love YEHOWAH with all our heart, mind and soul. So we must love our Father YEHOWAH first.   

Whereas most Christians think the Almighty is cruel and cling to Jesus Christ, which is a false name, and worship him as God.

1. dove777 profile image60

Im Catholic and dont think of the Almighty as cruel but rather loving and merciful. Christ is God manifested as man to reveal the mind of God to us.

Catholic's main doctrine is the Trinity, all it's teachings are based on this. The trinity is a concept brought in by Sun Worshipers. Constantine was the High Priest in Sun worship, so when he became Emperor he introduced the Trinity, at the council of Niceaea in 325 AD.
            We are all to seek the Almighty Yehowah, that is what Yehowshuwa came to tell us, and if we believe what he said, then we will have eternal life.
            That is why it is important to have the correct names.
            All Christian churches are false, they claim that Jesus is God and Baptize everyone that joins to take a vow to Jesus.

He that hath an ear, let him hear

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
              Mark Knowlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So - what you are saying is that Christianity is a teeny weeny little religion with no followers. There are probably more Scientologists than Christians - is that right?

What people don't understand is that we have been lied to. The bible states that Satan the Devil has power over all.
                Rev 13: 7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. 8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

So what I am saying is that those that worship Jesus Christ as God are worshiping SATAN.
                Don't you realize that to bring in the New World Order is to bring in the kingdom of Christ. According to theosophist H. P. Blavatsky the official title of Satan is "The Christ"  That is what all the churches are preparing their sheep for, to accept Jesus Christ as god.

2 Thesslonians 2 ...the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish ; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved . 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

1. getitrite profile image72
                  getitriteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm concerned about whether beliefs as such are healthy.  Please think about just how psychotic this all sounds.  Somehow, religion has created a fairytale like world, in which the adherents dwell in, not having the strength to see that this is not the real world.

This explanation would be fine if you were conveying the contents of a movie, but to assert this as OUR REALITY is quite disturbing. sad

its a very complex topic and theres a lot of conflicting information about the facts. The worse thing Ive seen is innocent people seeking God being manipulated by people who confuse them with lies  but if their hearts are in the right place, God reveals Truth to them and then they see the forest for the trees.

@rojoyo u r partly right...jesus is not god but messenger of allah...he came to teach this to humans...it is not yehowah , it is allah...

Funny how Allah is never mentioned by Jesus.
                Certainly not as hi son, either,
                Yet, he refers to (God) as his Father.

@aka-dj how do u know jesus didnt mention allah?...where u present in jesus's era....paul manipulated and u believed in paul...believe in jesus who was servant of allah...

You guys don't like Paul, do you? lol

3. dove777 profile image60

ro, hear this. The Catholic church sees the trinity as such..... Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Father is spirit, Son reveals the Mind of God and the Holy Ghost reveals the Will of God. Jesus said that He was leaving but He was leaving with us the Holy Spirit in His place. God is spirit, Jesus revealed the Mind of God to us while dwelling as man among us, and the Holy Spirit reveals Gods will to us when we call upon it in prayer.

What you are stating is a repetition of a false doctrine fed to the sheep as truth.
                The spirit of our Father Yehowah is in each and everyone of us, it is our very breath. Yehowshuwa  who is his Son was sent to bring us back to his Father. When he told us to pray he said to pray to his Father.
                Matthew 6:9 KJV
                After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Revelation 7:10 KJV
                And cried with a loud voice, saying , Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb
                Note no mention of the third person of the Trinity. It is a false doctrine.

the holy spirit is God.

2. jacobkuttyta profile image44

I would identify entirely with J.C.Ryle and say, "I am one of those old-fashioned ministers who believe the whole Bible - and everything that it contains. I can find no scriptural foundation for that smooth-spoken theology, which pleases so many in these days, and according to which everybody will go to heaven at last. I believe that there is a real devil. I believe that there is a real hell. I believe that it is not charity to keep back from men that they may be lost. 'Charity', shall I call it? If you saw your child drinking poison, would you hold your peace? 'Charity', shall I call it? If you saw a blind man tottering towards the edge of the cliff, would you not cry out 'Stop!'? Away with such false notions of charity! Let us not slander that blessed grace by using its name in a false sense. It is the highest charity to bring the whole truth before men. It is real charity to warn them plainly that they are in danger. It is charity to impress upon them that they may lose their own souls for ever in hell" (J.C. Ryle op cit, p. 45).

God has loved the world, yes, but men may lose their souls. God has sent his own Son, yes, but men may be lost. God has imputed sin to Christ and his righteousness to sinners, thank God, but some men may still lose their souls. Full atonement has been paid for all for whom Christ died; he has cried, 'It is finished!' Yes it is true, but men may still lose their souls. There is a narrow path that leads to life with just a few upon it, and a broad road that leads to destruction and many find it. Christ has said that he will separate mankind into two groups, like a shepherd separates his sheep from his goats. To some he will say, "Come ye blessed," and to others he will say, "Depart from me!" The souls of some are saved while the souls of others are lost.

Is there one man in the world who has a natural inclination to save his soul? No, not one. If you went into any school in our county and asked the children in those schools what is the most important thing they have, that they must never lose, you would get a fascinating and merry assortment of answers but which child would look back at you big-eyed with seriousness and say, "My soul sir!" And if there were one in whose life grace was operating who replied, "My soul," the rest of the children and the teachers would think her raised by fanatics, and mock her. None of us have any natural desire to have our souls saved. We are weak, corrupt and inclined to sin. We call evil good, and good evil. Imagine taking a diamond the size of a peach stone, worth a million pounds, and putting it in the hand of a seven year old child, and saying to her, "I want you to walk to London taking this diamond to the Queen." Is it not very doubtful whether she would ever arrive at London, and her majesty never receive that treasure? Yet this is a faint image of setting out on a journey through life with a careless view of your soul.

How do men lose their souls? The chief way is by neglect. Think of the people in Aberystwyth who pamper their bodies, who go on special diets, and take regular visits to health farms, and have even had plastic surgery, and employ their own personal trainers, and will run to the doctor with the slightest problem, and yet they will do nothing at all about their souls. They never think of their inner man, of the invisible and eternal world, of God, of dying, of the Bible, of Jesus Christ, of prayer. Your mortal body is garnished and cosseted, but your soul is ignored. If I could painlessly extract your soul this moment and show it to you now it would look like that hard little prune at the bottom of the packet, dark and shriveled, scarcely any different from a stone. Your neglected soul.

What folly, to pamper the dying body and neglect the eternal soul! It reminds me of the parable of a man who owned two shops, one was a little Post Office in a Welsh village with an additional three shelves of basic groceries and a small freezer of frozen food and ice cream. Five or six people an hour entered that shop. His other store was on Regent Street. It was a vast store, with hundreds of shop assistants and buyers and window designers and a fleet of vans taking goods across London. Thousands of people entered that shop each hour. Yet that man spent more time and energy planning how to take care of his little Welsh Post Office than his store at the heart of London, and down and down it was plummeting. He would give his staff no guidance and no permission to do anything because he was fussing over his postage stamps and tins of tomato soup back in Aberboyo. What a fool, to neglect what was worth millions for something worth little. Yet multitudes do this day by day. They are obsessed with trivia, with sport, and fashion, and bands, and they neglect their souls! I am not saying to the Post Office keepers of rural Wales to neglect your shops, and I am not saying to anyone here to neglect your body. I am pleading for a sense of priority. Important as your body is your soul is far more important. Would a captain set sail across the Pacific with a hold full of paint for the crew to paint the ship, but with no food to feed them? Would a teacher be content to start a school term with nothing in his school - no books, no blackboards, no chalk - nothing but two rubber balls and a bat? Does he not want to feed the minds and understanding of his children? Look to your souls as well as your bodies!

But many are not merely neglecting their souls they are positively murdering them. They fill their minds with television watching, the worst sort of programmes, dulling their minds with inanity and soaps. They fill their bellies with alcohol, and their lungs with nicotine smoke, and their veins with heroin, and their nostrils with glue vapours. Their talk is adultery and fornication, dishonesty, greed and deceit, and easy money. All those things are a band of vandals whose one aim is to destroy your soul.

Others destroy their souls with false religions, humanism, New Age philosophies, evolutionism, the cults, and all the inventions of men that exalt man and have no place for the saving work of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. They are all soul-killers. It is not enough that you are sincere. It is not enough to sneer at the bigotry and narrow-mindedness you think you see in Christians, flattering yourself that you are not like them, that you belong to no church, and that somehow it will be all right with you at the end. Let no man deceive you with vain words. Indecision is just as big a killer of the soul as false religion or no religion at all. We are all on the river Niagara and as the days pass we are all drifting down stream nearer and nearer the mighty falls. Can you hear the distant rumble of the cataracts? You are daily approaching the rapids and we all have to pass over those falls, and if you die with the great divine Rescuer, you will be lost for ever.

It takes nothing to ruin your soul, just yawn and think about something else while the preacher seeks to awaken you. Just look at the drawing your child is doodling on his pad. Finger your hymn book and look down. Admire the architecture of the building. Consider your business. That's all you have to do, swim with the tide, float down the stream, go with the crowd, and soon the opportunity of saving your soul is gone for ever. The blame will be your own. We will have no excuses in the tremendous day when the books are open, will we? The King will say, "Friend how have you come in here without a wedding garment?" We shall be speechless as they carry us away to hell. The undying worm is the companion of those who gained the world but lost their souls. They will go to the place Jesus often spoke of where the fires are not quenched, and where there is darkness and despair and wretchedness for ever. The end of those things is death! If I see danger ahead I raise my voice. Men see a boat heading for the rocks and they light a beacon. Don't despise my warning. You are a never dying soul, but you are a lost soul. Things are not as they should be between you and God. Many others have lost their souls, but what comfort is that to you? You are losing yours!

Then, allow us to plead with you to stop drinking poison and move away from the edge of that cliff. You are in severe danger of losing your mind.

Perhaps, but in school they don't teach about souls because souls have never been shown to exist, so of course the other children would laugh at such a fairy tale.

Please speak for yourself, the rest of us are not inclined to accept your ridiculous description.

LOL! That would be pure magic.

Actually, it is the the following of cults like Christianity that destroys the brain, which actually can be shown to exist, unlike souls. Funny, how you wish to destroy what is real and save what is not real.

Yes, the blame will be our own for whatever happens to us. In other words, it is not your business at all and you have no right to threaten us with your ridiculous beliefs. Keep them behind closed doors where they belong because they do nothing but cause harm and conflict.

You are thinking that I want you to have a religious experience, feel better and cry a few tears perhaps, and then all of us will gather around you and say, "Well done!" No! I don't want to give you heightened feelings about Christianity and announce to you, "You've been converted." You are rightly suspicious of all that. You are thinking of your family and friends and the future and how you can possibly live a different life facing temptations and meeting opposition. You are saying to yourself, "It's hopeless. I'll fall away in a few months. It will be just an emotional spasm. I'll never keep going."

If it were just you then you'd be absolutely right. You could no more keep on as a Christian than a lamb could survive in a den of lions. But it is not going to be just you. It never is just you. The Saviour who died to take away the corruption of your soul lives to keep you day by day. He is with us now. He never leaves us. We go nowhere without him. If we flew to the uttermost parts of the earth he would be there waiting for us. He is there as our sovereign Protector. He is there to keep us from falling. He is alongside us in temptation. Sometimes he will take the opportunity away from us. Sometimes he will make the sin itself repugnant to us. Sometimes he will give us new energy in the battle. Sometimes he will let us fall to humble us and then he will gives us the grace of repentance and a new determination to do better in the battle.

Jesus Christ rose from the dead on the third day never to die again. He cares for us very much. He never stops praying for us. He is full of sympathy and longsuffering, though we provoke him. This living Saviour will help you day by day, and every passing moment. I am not saying to you, "Make a decision about Jesus today." I am saying this, that it will profit you nothing if you go on and do very well in the eyes of all your friends and neighbours but lose your soul. All you need to do is nothing whatsoever and you will be eternally lost. I am saying that the one person who can help you is here now in the power of an endless life, and he can save and keep your soul and present you faultless before God in the great day.

LOL! For a mind reader, you're not very good.

Ah, I see now, you embrace the fighting and conflict and seek battles with people. How very sad.

Yet, tens of thousands of children die every day from starvation, why isn't Jesus helping them?

2. getitrite profile image72

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz152/NinOreNaEchuivo/question.gif

2. aka-dj profile image66

Jesus = Jehoshua in Greek
          Christ = Anointed in Greek
          Jesus Christ = God's Anointed Saviour

Re His "status" as God fr Christians, He was crucified for claiming to be God, (one with the Father)
          "if you have seen me, you have seen the Father"

So, no, His name is not a mistaken translation
          & No, Christians are not wrong for worshipping Him as God.

Jesus is translated from the Greek Iesous which is incorrectly translated from the Hebrew  name Yehowshuwa.
            Yehowshuwa claimed to be the Son of God, he never claimed to be God, he came to do his Father's will.

John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak . 50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak .
            The word Christ does not mean anointed.
            They were waiting for a Messiah,  See  John 4. the Greek word is Messias, but the interpreters added that it means Christ which is false.

Hebrew Mashiyach, Aramaic Meschiah, Greek Messias, Latin Messias, English Messiah.

Christos was introduced by the Greek when they wrote the Septuagint . It is incorrect.

2 Timothy 2:15 KJV
                Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth

7. Iamsam profile image61
      Iamsamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

2. rrhistorian profile image56
    rrhistorianposted 11 years ago

those that agree totally understand why - those that grieve do not.

3. lone77star profile image73
    lone77starposted 11 years ago

It sounds beautiful to me.

But I'm still attempting to understand the spirit of it, and not just the letter, for the "letter killeth" and the "spirit giveth life."

Did Gautama Siddhartha follow Christ when he achieved Nirvana? I don't know, but I suspect that "following Christ" or going "through Christ" may have more meaning than our literal interpretation would bear.

4. r-o-y profile image54
    r-o-yposted 11 years ago

I considered a search for the truth of who I am, why I’m here in this world where that are what is responsible for my existence. I decided that this is too important a matter to let anyone or group or religion do my thinking for me. I also decided that I did not care about popular opinion because this is about my eternal existence. In that search for who I’m I tried and studied al major religions I listen to and studied the evidence that evolutionist claim to have [which is zero]. I studied with the Black Muslims for a very short period of time because that religion made no sense at all to me. I became a very advanced occultist [that was the most evil of all] none of these religions and systems showed no evidence to prove what they teach.

When I Accepted Jesus Christ as Lord it wasn’t because mama or daddy was Christians, because I ran from Christianity to the occult. What made me believe in Jesus and the bible is because that this is the only religion that show evidence of being authentic. One of the things that causes Christianity stand above the rest is that this book told what would happen in the future, no other religion, including evolution even came close to competing with this book.  Anti-Christians claim that these prophecies were written after the fact or the Christian is applying his or her own interpretation to scripture. 

There are two major verses of scripture that really stunned me and pushed me on to further study of bible prophecy something that I could not find in any other religion.  In the first verse of scripture the Lord tell how two of His prophets will be murdered and their bodies lay is the streets of Jerusalem and the whole world would witness this event.  We are talking about two thousand year ago when it was totally impossible for me sit in my house and see Jerusalem. Can you image what was going through the minds of the listeners?  And this may have caused many to turn from God, because what he’s saying now just doesn’t make sense. And now we know the outcome of that prophecy that was impossible to be fulfilled as prophecy. And this is not some to hard understand language, it’s clear, no matter where you are on earth when this event takes place you will still be able to see Jerusalem.   We can now see Jerusalem even from under the sea! You don’t find that one of the most fascinated things ever, if not it’s probably because of the book it’s found in.  My soul is too important to let anyone do my thinking on this issue! JESUS IS LORD!

5. r-o-y profile image54
    r-o-yposted 11 years ago

I considered a search for the truth of who I am, why I’m here in this world where that are what is responsible for my existence. I decided that this is too important a matter to let anyone or group or religion do my thinking for me. I also decided that I did not care about popular opinion because this is about my eternal existence. In that search for who I’m I tried and studied al major religions I listen to and studied the evidence that evolutionist claim to have [which is zero]. I studied with the Black Muslims for a very short period of time because that religion made no sense at all to me. I became a very advanced occultist [that was the most evil of all] none of these religions and systems showed no evidence to prove what they teach.

When I Accepted Jesus Christ as Lord it wasn’t because mama or daddy was Christians, because I ran from Christianity to the occult. What made me believe in Jesus and the bible is because that this is the only religion that show evidence of being authentic. One of the things that causes Christianity stand above the rest is that this book told what would happen in the future, no other religion, including evolution even came close to competing with this book.  Anti-Christians claim that these prophecies were written after the fact or the Christian is applying his or her own interpretation to scripture. 

There are two major verses of scripture that really stunned me and pushed me on to further study of bible prophecy something that I could not find in any other religion.  In the first verse of scripture the Lord tell how two of His prophets will be murdered and their bodies lay is the streets of Jerusalem and the whole world would witness this event.  We are talking about two thousand year ago when it was totally impossible for me sit in my house and see Jerusalem. Can you image what was going through the minds of the listeners?  And this may have caused many to turn from God, because what he’s saying now just doesn’t make sense. And now we know the outcome of that prophecy that was impossible to be fulfilled as prophecy. And this is not some to hard understand language, it’s clear, no matter where you are on earth when this event takes place you will still be able to see Jerusalem.   We can now see Jerusalem even from under the sea! You don’t find that one of the most fascinated things ever, if not it’s probably because of the book it’s found in.  My soul is too important to let anyone do my thinking on this issue! JESUS IS LORD!

6. teacherjoe52 profile image62
    teacherjoe52posted 11 years ago

Hi Biily
    Yes it is true so called Christian did those things,
    It was also Christians that ended slavery, that ended child labour, that set up many hospitals and took care of orphans and old people that had nowhere else to go.The list goes on and on.
    To be a true believer in Christ is to follow two of His greatest commands: do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Do not do unto others as you would not have them do unto you.
    There are fanatics, then there are the true followers of Jesus.
    I pray this helps you disern the differance.

1. r-o-y profile image54

Teacherjoe52, in reading your post I become a little confused, I am wondering if you saying that the church is the church wither Catholic or protestant, it’s all Christianity with just some bad apples. But the whole point of my argument is that the Catholic Church so-called is not now nor has it ever had anything to do with Christ, never! This is the Babylonian religion instituted into temple worship service, the temple that the Lord said had become the synagogue of Satan. This Babylonian religion that the Jews brought back with them on their return from slavery is the same religion the Church of Rome practice in the Church of Rome and has nothing to do with Christ.   

Now this false religion that has hi-jack Christianity and has caused the true followers of to be charged with many file things that it is not guilty of; this so-called church convinced the world that it is Christian.

This false church you say build many hospitals for the poor, but how does that make them good when they build a hundred hospitals and burn alive fifty million true followers of Christ? Besides hospitals are great investments.
      They can build hospitals and still worship Lucifer, it is not how many hospitals they build, and it’s who they worship. They can build all the hospitals they want, but they still worship Satan! So this false religion must be keep separated from true Christianity. You seem to be giving credit to this church for ending slavery, but this Babylonian church had slaves of their own and they were the cruelest of them all, here we are not talking about African slaves but mostly Europeans slaves. This slave master [the pope] never willingly freed his slaves, he would rather see them burned alive than top set them free. No, that church had nothing to do setting slaves free.

That’s why it’s so important that distinguish between the Church of Christ and the church of Satan or the synagogue.  During the year of segregation the church was the most segregated institute in America. I think it was the US government that was most responsible for freeing the African slaves of America.  Now even though these American whites so-called Christians even owned slaves they did not result to Satan worship like the Church of Rome.

The one the thing true Christian must do is expose the Church of Rome as the evil church that it is and who it is that they worship and that they do not worship Christ but a woman in heaven, where in the book of Christianity does it teach of a queen in heaven? The queen of heaven is worship in Babylonian religions, Christ is worshiped in Christianity. These are totally two different religions that serve two different Gods! One is Jehovah the other is Lucifer, these two are enemies, and no one can serve both.

The Catholic Church serves the enemy of Christ, how can one serve the enemy of Christ and still be Christian. There is only one Church of Christ and that is a very small number of people compare to the number of people who claim to be Christians. There are the followers of The Cosmic Christ who claim to be Christians but serve Lucifer, though they claim to be Christians their actions in worship proves otherwise. I’m always amazed at how so many intelligent people can’t tell the difference between Christian and Lucifer worship, or is it that they know the difference but to keep the Catholics as Christians to use the horrible things this false religion heaped on mankind and charge Christianity with it.

The bible identifies the religion of the Catholic Church as “Mystery Babylon” because it is the same religion of Old Babylon!  The Catholic Church has nothing to do with Christ and all to do with Lucifer.
      So all the money they spent build hospitals means nothing if they worship Satan and murdered the followers of Christ by the millions.

Christians didn't "end slavery", they simply stopped practicing it. Since you want to tout Christianity's stance on slavery though, perhaps you'd care to tell me what the Church plans to do about the ongoing human trafficking and sex-slavery going on in parts of Europe, Africa, Asia and America? I guess you guys didn't get that memo huh?

You guys ended child labor? What a relief that'll be to the 200,000 West African children forced into slave labor to work in the cocoa fields, or the more than 200 Million children world wide that are still forced into unsafe, exploitative labor practices.

As far as what it takes to be a "true believer", I'll leave that for Stan Lee to decide, but Christ's two "great commandments" were to love God completely, and to love your neighbor as you love yourself.

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~Mahatma Gandhi

1. r-o-y profile image54

I never said the church ended salvery, I said that the church was the most segregated instute in America. I said it was the American goverment that was most responsible for the freeing of the slaves, go back and reread my post.

I also wasn't talking to you, I was talking to teacherjoe.

7. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 11 years ago

ro-jo-yo it is true hebrew people where chosen by allah and thats exactly the point...they forgot allah and peigambar musa (moses)....yaweh is not the name it is allah...

8. LucidDreams profile image64
    LucidDreamsposted 11 years ago

Give me a break!!!! They ought to make posting religous topics on this site against the rules. All it does is divide people when they search forums for lack of anything better to do. Besides, everyone knows that religions cause more war and death then just about everything else combined. Guess that's a good thing somehow!

9. ro-jo-yo profile image82
    ro-jo-yoposted 11 years ago

pisean282311 you don't know what you are talking about, I never mentioned yaweh I stated that Yehowah is the true name given to the Hebrew people. Allah is an invention of the Catholic church which is run by Satan.

LucidDreams It is Satan that is the cause of all death and war, to say it is religion is exactly what Satan wants you to believe. That is why he created so many different but yet similar religions, they are all created and run by him.
    None bring you to the true name Yehowah and to the true name Yehowshuwa who was the promised Messiah.
    The true followers of Yehowah are the ones that have the seal of God.

These are bold claims.  Do you have irrefutable proof?

Wow!  How do you know what Satan wants?  Can you even prove that there is a being called Satan?  What is the difference between a belief in Satan and Lex Luther?  Neither one has ever made an appearance in the REAL world.

It appears that different religions were created by MAN, but I guess I'm not allowed to use common sense to discern matters of holiness.

Sorry, but that's based upon a childish fairytale.

Catholics dont talk about satan, it give him too much dignity. The evil one can not make us do anything against our will but be very sure , he prowls about the world always seeking to turn people away from God.

No that's not TRUE!  Just by using ones own common sense, this sounds like a delusional explanation, having nothing at all to do with REALITY.  How do you account for the fact that there is no evidence for the existence of a God or a Devil?  NONE!  Yet you go right on talking about what they are doing, as if you have assuaged the cognitive dissonance.

it is trying to do the impossible to put words around God and Satan, this is the dilemna and yet you ask about reality, well that we are here is the reality, and the awareness of creator seems very much to be inborn and has been expressed in different words and rituals since the beginning of time around the world.

@dove u r right....awareness of allah is there since we r born....

2. getitrite profile image72

Yet you have used WORDS to do do just that.  Look back at your prior comments.

This dilemma is imaginary.  There is no need in trying to explain fictitious characters, from a 2000 year old book of fairytales, unless one chooses to waste his time.  Yes I live in reality.  I just wished that believers could actually fathom that, and stop living inside a vacuous, illogical myth.

The reality of what?

The awareness of what creator?  It's not an awareness, but rather a way for ignorant ancient people to explain the universe.  It made perfect sense to uneducated ancient peoples, but in this day , where there is an ABUNDANCE of information, the belief in imaginary characters is disturbing.

when you can prove that something comes from nothing, let me know.

lol well not a good point to make dude...

You mean, like God creating the universe from nothing?

3. getitrite profile image72

It seems that believers approach the subject of their God with zeal and confidence, but then after reason smacks their delusion in the face, they become angry, sullen, short, and dismissive.

What has happened to the zeal, dove777?   Why am I now being asked short irrelevant questions?  I mean absolutely no harm.  I'm merely asking you to make sense.  Make the atheist on here see that your beliefs are logical.  Putting the onus upon me is a cop-out.  Remember, you are the one with the GOOD NEWS.

The onus is on you.  You have to prove to us skeptics that YOUR GOD came from nothing.  After you do that, let me know...and I will immediately convert to your beliefs.  Thanks

getitrite, as any atheist, youre pride wont allow you to take a leap of faith. There is never going to be   the kind of scientific evidence you seek before you leap, you will never live long enough to figure out all the facts of creation , to know what was before the big bang, in fact the earth will be burned out way way before anyone knows anymore then they already do but you are here and down deep that invisible knowing you deny chases you down. I recommend you read at least part of the francis thompson poem " hounds of heaven"

@ro-jo-yo again u got it wrong...it is allah and it was always allah.....right from first day of universe to last day of world , it is allah...

@pisean 282311 So you are saying that you worship the Oak....

@ro-jo-yo i am saying i and jesus both worship Oak (if thats how u name god whose real name is allah)

Allah means Oak in Hebrew.
            The true name of the Almighty isYehowah it is written in the Torah.
            Psalm 145:21 KJV
            My mouth shall speak the praise of YEHOWAH: and let all flesh bless his holy name for ever and ever

@ro-jo-yo how can true name of almighty be Yehowah when adam himself worshipped allah and allah never changed his name to yehowah...torah is manipulated....surrender to allah ...it is shrik to pray to anyone else ....

10. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 11 years ago

It's the quite contradictory issue for example Muhammad (PBUH) said "Say god is One you will be succeed" in the same there are many saying in Islam that reveal that the Only path of success is Islam and Obeying Allah and Follow Muhammad. Is not it so?

@mohsin didnt get ur point.....so u believe jesus in only way to salvation or muhammad only way of salvation?

11. ytbot1x profile image60
    ytbot1xposted 11 years ago

There as as many ways as there as many religions.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)