Completed 5 years at Hubpages

Jump to Last Post 1-32 of 32 discussions (71 posts)
  1. soni2006 profile image75
    soni2006posted 11 years ago

Hello friends,

Today I completed 5 years at hubpages. In these years, I have seen a lot of ups and downs and learned so many things. I hope to continue my relationship with HP for the coming years. The traffic is going down on a day by day basis but I am sure it will come back up again once Google will feel tired and stop tweaking the pandas, penguins, and other algorithms.

Constantly updating old hubs and adding new ones is the way to go. I am assuming the traffic and earnings will not be great this time of this year as it was last year but currently, it's a wait and watch time. Surely things are going to change toward the positive side starting from the New Year.

Thanks,

soni2006 (Rajinder Soni, your friend from New Delhi, India)

1. AndReall profile image61
      AndReallposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Congrats!

soni2006posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks AndReall.

2. CrisSp profile image72
      CrisSpposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! I wonder if I could stay that long...I hope. Been here for only 7 months now...I see the earnings grow but haven't received any solid pay yet.  And, honestly, I think to myself...is it really worth my time? I guess, for now, I'll enjoy it while it last.

2. profile image0
    RTalloniposted 11 years ago

Congratulations on your 5 year milestone!

Thanks a lot RTalloni.

3. tipstoretireearly profile image80
    tipstoretireearlyposted 11 years ago

5 years is impressive!  Congratulations.  I too have been watching traffic drop for the past few weeks.  Knowing that you've made it through 5 years of the up-and-down of algorithm changes is encouraging.

Thanks

4. LetitiaFT profile image73
    LetitiaFTposted 11 years ago

Wow, that's impressive. Happy anniversary!

Thanks a lot Letitia

5. Barbara Kay profile image73
    Barbara Kayposted 11 years ago

Congratulations! I hope we still get good Christmas traffic.

Hello Barbara I am not expecting much from Christmas as I am receiving more traffic from India than other countries but you can surely expect lots of traffic on your hubs as your traffic comes from western countries. Best of luck.

6. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 11 years ago

Congrats, Soni!     I just hit my 4 yrs earlier in the month!    I too have seen a lot of changes, improvements, disappointments from Google, etc.   We just have to hang in there!

That's great KCC. Congrats for completing 4 years here. You are right we need to hang in till the right time comes. Hope is always there. We just need to be with HP who gave us such a great platform to share our creativity and earn money online.

7. The Invincible profile image60
    The Invincibleposted 11 years ago

Great! Congrats, long tym huh! You must have had a lot of fun already...

Yeah you are right. Thanks buddy.

8. brakel2 profile image73
    brakel2posted 11 years ago

Congrats  I am impressed with your profile and writing skills, along with your hub subjects. Good luck in your endeavors.

Good luck to u too brakel

9. moonlake profile image80
    moonlakeposted 11 years ago

Congratulations on your 5 year. Will hop over to your hubs.

You are welcome moonlake. Waiting for your hub hopping.

2. soni2006 profile image75

@moonlake, I have spent several nights here writing at Hubpages. Imagine when all the family members are sleeping and you are writing hubs on the computer. Then your dad or wife wake u up in the morning telling u to go and sleep on the bed as u had been sleeping on the computer table itself.

1. wordscribe43 profile image90
        wordscribe43posted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's why you have to start hubbing in bed like I do!  smile

yeah I will do that wordscribe43, nice idea keep hubbing till ya drop down

10. Rik Ravado profile image85
    Rik Ravadoposted 11 years ago

Well done Rajinder - you've been here even longer than me (5 years this December)!  I like your optimism - I too look forward to better days here at HubPages.  I think people are wrong to moan about the HubPages platform - the issue is the changing Google algorithm. 

I wish you well and hope we are still here a year from now writing on HubPages! smile

More years to go buddy. Thank you.

1. Nisha Jacob profile image60
        Nisha Jacobposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations. 

I am little bit curious to ask about your earnings during the past 5 years? (If it never offend you)

Thanks and once again congratulations.

No probs Nisha. No harm in sharing achievements. I just want to motivate others.

11. incomeguru profile image96
    incomeguruposted 11 years ago

Congratulations, as you celebrate 5 years on HP.

Thanks for the good wishes incomeguru. May God help u achieve what you want in life.

1. incomeguru profile image96
        incomeguruposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Amen.

12. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 11 years ago

Congratulations on your 5th anniversary here on Hubpages, soni2006.  Cheers! smile

Thank you so much Rosie.

13. tasteofindia profile image60
    tasteofindiaposted 11 years ago

Congratulations:)

Thanks friend.

14. vocalcoach profile image95
    vocalcoachposted 11 years ago

A big congratulations for your 5 year anniversary on hubpages.
    I'll be back to congratulate you again when you reach 6 years.
    All the best!

15. wordscribe43 profile image90
    wordscribe43posted 11 years ago

Congrats, Soni!  That's a huge milestone and I'm glad to see you're still around.

I will be there all the time dear. Not leaving HP because I never leave a friend when he/she becomes weak.

16. pstraubie48 profile image82
    pstraubie48posted 11 years ago

That is awesome. Five years...and i can believe that you have learned a lot. I have only been on a year and already I have learned so much. Now you are headed into your next five years Congratulations smile  smile

Thank you so much dear.

17. Anamika S profile image69
    Anamika Sposted 11 years ago

That's an impressive achievement, Congrats! I prefer not to 'brag' about the 'money earned'. But my participation on HubPages has been quite rewarding too...

Thanks Anamika. Bragging is your own choice. You are a real gem.

18. john000 profile image92
    john000posted 11 years ago

Congratulations on your 5th anniversary! I have enjoyed reading your material and I agree that the New Year will bring us blessings. Once again, congratulations.

Best of luck to everyone.

19. elle64 profile image83
    elle64posted 11 years ago

Fantastic 5 years is a long time. Do you think it is possible for you to make a hub about your journey here on hubpages,The first hub, the hard work. When you started to make money, when you started to loose money. All in all the ups and downs, on hubpages. I think lots of people would enjoy reading  about your journey .Good luck to you ,and good on for your succes -it gives me hope.

Why not, definitely I will do that. There are lots of things to share.

20. Thelma Alberts profile image89
    Thelma Albertsposted 11 years ago

Congratulations!

Thanks Thelma.

21. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 11 years ago

Hi mate... 
    Congrats to you, to your undying loyalty and for your awesome, optimistic approach!  smile

I hope that the site respects your tremendous efforts throughout, enough to flick you a few bucks so that you can shout us all a chilled bubbly at the Christmas Party this year.... I missed the last three parties, after I was emailed the wrong address... lol
    wow... that's the oldest trick in the book and I fell for it! roll

So you can pick up a few cases of DP at duty free...  big_smile

Right Pearl. Will do that.

22. suzettenaples profile image89
    suzettenaplesposted 11 years ago

Congratulations on your anniversary with HP.  That is quite amazing.  You sound like you have had a great run!

Yeah had some great fun buddy.

23. profile image0
    traviswademillerposted 11 years ago

Congratulations! I hope you will check out my hubs as well!

Definitely Travis. Will do that.

24. bdegiulio profile image95
    bdegiulioposted 11 years ago

Congratulations.  Five years is quite a milestone.  I'm sure you've seen it all during that time.  I am also going through a traffic slump but I am taking your advice and updating older Hubs and publishing new ones.

Be positive. Oh that's my blood group.

Just kidding but seriously you have taken the right direction. If white clouds are not there for long, black clouds will also go away. My idea is to keep doing my work here because HP has given me such a great platform.

25. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 11 years ago

Congratulations and well done on sticking around for 5 years Soni.

It certainly has been an up and down event for the last couple of years and it is testament for sticking it out through thick and thin, this is how one wins.

Celebrate well, Soni.

Cheers and best regards,
    Jase

Thank you so much Jase.

26. talfonso profile image83
    talfonsoposted 11 years ago

Happy anniversary! May you prosper in the site and inform people for always!

Thank you so much talfonso.

27. Gary Holdaway profile image86
    Gary Holdawayposted 11 years ago

Congratulations for 5 years on HP, I can't wait till I've been around that long! If i'm not on $1000 a month by then I'm going haha (not really, I love hub pages)

I can't comment on the traffic as I've really not been here long enough to notice, I just hope that yours go's back up and everything goes well for you. Well  done!

Thanks a lot Gary. I wish that you also achieve that 1000 dollar a month mark soon.

28. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 11 years ago

Congrats Soni!!

Thanks a lot Pretty.

29. glassvisage profile image84
    glassvisageposted 11 years ago

Congrats! I would say that makes you an old-timer by HP standards smile

Hey hey. Thanks glassvisage.

30. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 11 years ago

Congratulations on your 5 years on Hubpages. May you have continued success. Had my 3rd year this summer.

Thanks a lot Michael and congrats for completing your 3 years at HP.

31. mperrottet profile image81
    mperrottetposted 11 years ago

Congratulations - I haven't had a full year yet.  I'm sure you've seen lots of ups and downs and many changes through the years.  Hope you have continued success!

Thanks mperrottet. My belief in HP is strong and I am damn sure that HP will also be enjoying the status that Squidoo is enjoying now.

32. pstraubie48 profile image82
    pstraubie48posted 11 years ago

Awesome. ..five years...lets see....that will be 2016 for me...and by then it will be 10 years for you...wow...time flies when we are busy writing...Congratulations ....ps

That's right pstraubie48. Thank you so much.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)