NFL Week 8

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (21 posts)
  1. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image72
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 11 years ago

Tampa Bay at Minnesota tonight.

Okay, if you can't get excited about that, you can get excited about what the Steelers will be wearing against the Redskins on Sunday. Right, 1934 throwback uniforms. Talk about making a fashion statement.
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7304509_f248.jpg

2. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 11 years ago

Hey, I think they look pretty cool!  Why not something different?  Go Steelers! 
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7304525.jpg

BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 11 years agoin reply to this

These guys look like gangstas. I think RGIII is gonna get mugged.
      http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7305975_f248.jpg

One game down, and it was surprising how bad the Vikings looked and how good Tampa Bay looked. Hey, but I got some good points out of Mike Williams on one of my fantasy teams.

3. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image72

And we are going to have pink penalty flags for the Dolphins at Jets game.

4. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 11 years ago

Lawdhavemerci those are some nasty throw back uniforms. I think they might rank right up there with those hideous creamsickles uniforms that theTampa Bay Bucs fans have to be witness to. This jail house blues look for the Steelers may even be worse then the Bucs. 

Love how the pink penalty flags came about.. I read it was an 11 yr old boy from Marlboro NJ who wrote the commissioner suggesting it! Good for this kid, as he will personally present the pink penalty flags to the refs! Proud of this Jets fan, good chance this shinning moment will be all he has to take away from the season.

So I got the Jets - Fins game (praying that the jets come to play this week) and the Giants Cowboys which I am hoping the cowgirls get poked all day long.

Yeah, do or die for the Cowboys. They'll be 3 behind the Giants if they lose.

I think the Giants will be fired up since they lost the first game to the Cowboys. I'm thinking a blowout by NY. Hope so. I prefer fat and happy Giants to entertain the Steelers next week. Obviously that will be the matchup for my game of the week hub.

5. isenhower33 profile image66
    isenhower33posted 11 years ago

Should be a good weekend for football smile I'll wish goodluck to your steelers this weekend, who do they face? And I hope my colts can pull out another W smile

6. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image72

This game in London should be interesting. Patriots vs. Rams. I hope Brady's passes get lost in the fog.

1. isenhower33 profile image66
      isenhower33posted 11 years agoin reply to this

aye this bloody fog is so devastating to my throws. I hate the bloody fog lol haha wink

I hope the fog is worse tomorrow in London than it was in the 1988 Fog Bowl at Soldier Field in Chicago between the Eagles and the Bears. The game was delayed several times because they couldn't find the ball. Several Eagles thought they had concussions because their vision was foggy. Here's a pic: 

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7309927_f248.jpg

That's crazy lol How'd the score turn out? lol Im guessing whichever team could run the ball better smile

Good guess. Bears ran the ball better and won.

We could see some fog at the games today possibly other than in London. Some fog here in western PA. Looks like it is going to rain all day. Likely to be some slippery balls at some of these games today.

7. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 11 years ago

1- Today the Steelers failed Fashion101 but they sure as heck are looking good on the scoreboard.

2- I have no words for the Jets. All I keep thinking is I saw this writing on the board when Woody brought Tebow to town.

3- Have I mentioned lately how much I dislike Tom Brady . .

4- Giants up next. Im ready for some good Salsa dancing.

I hate Tom Brady, I'd much rather see Tim Tebow behind the helm as he's a better player and he learns fast.. Steelers did put a good W up. And I'd like to Salsa too, not with him of course lol haha smile

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
        wavegirl22posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I got very little to say about Tebow except time to trade him. For the good of the Jets as well as for him.

Right now its all about the Giants. A beauty of a pick off for Webster just now. Making that number 2 intercepts for Romo and its early in the first quarter! And Andre Brown just takes it in for another 6.

13- 0 Giants looking good.

2. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image72

Hey, I bet you were sweating bullets when Dez Bryant caught that one in the end zone. That one was so close.

Romo sucks and so do the Cowboys coaches. When they had the ball at the Giants 19 with a little over a minute left, 3rd and 1, they throw a pass into the end zone? And then on 4th and 1 the Giants chase Romo back and back and back and he throws another pick. Dumb. Run the ball, get a first down, have more plays.

As we see time and time again, bad coaching can lose games. I have to admit when Dez caught that ball I was about to go on an NFL strike!

Eli and Victor killed me on one of my fantasy teams but Tynes racked up points for me on another.

You will go on NFL strike after the Steelers beat the Giants this week. At least your Jets won't lose. What do you think the Jets are going to do during the bye, get Tebow ready to start?

Broncos drubbing the Saints last night was rather boring. Other than Peyton broke a nail.

Hope the 49ers at Cardinals tonight is a more competitive game.

8. isenhower33 profile image66
    isenhower33posted 11 years ago

Wow How about my Colts wink Did you see the rookie's diving TD smile

yes yes yes and I picked him up this week for 2 of my fantasy teams. All I can say is what a dive!

That was a spectacular dive for sure smile A torpedo twist with the ball stuck out, a gutty decision and it worked smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)