Hello Again

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (27 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Nell Hoxsieposted 11 years ago

Some of you might remember me. I've decided that I'd like to write at HP again.

Yes, I did leave because I believed my product-hub style no longer belonged here. (And that was the right decision.) But I also left because I didn't have a paypal account and therefore couldn't participate in the HPads program. Well that's been resolved.

I have been watching the changes at HP and have been itching to get back into writing here. The past year has been a hard one personally - or I would have returned sooner. I had a perforated colon in November 2011, a temporary ostomy, an operation to reverse the ostomy in July 2012, complications including several drug resistant infections, a 3-week hospital stay, and months of antibiotics and rest. I've pretty much gotten my zip back and I thought this was the perfect time to start writing here again.

I'll be focusing on local real estate and development issues. My hubs will be much different than you're used to, but for those who remember me, I always believed in trying new things.

Oh my name is spelled a little differently, but it's a new account - but the picture is the same!

So that's that in a nutshell.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good to see you again. Hope your troubles are over. You have been through a lot, but every experience is a hub waiting to happen.  Stay well, and write!

2. profile image0

Thanks Rochelle, good to see you again!

3. recommend1 profile image60
    recommend1posted 11 years ago

Welcome back Hell Noxie

Hope your internal troubles are over.

4. profile image0

Thank you recommend1. My insides are doing much better!

5. janderson99 profile image54
    janderson99posted 11 years ago

Great to see you back!
    Cheers and Best Wishes,

1. profile image0
      Nell Hoxsieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you!

6. brakel2 profile image73
    brakel2posted 11 years ago

Welcome back. Maybe your return will bring us luck, my friend. I know you are a great writer.

1. profile image0

I really do believe that HP has a lot of good things going for it. It y has the most professional design of any of the shared writing platforms. I had truly forgotten how easy it is to write a Hub.

7. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 11 years ago

Sorry to hear you have had so many health issues Nell. Here's hoping everything is settled down now. Onwards and upwards!

Welcome back smile

1. profile image0

Thanks Izzy. I'm on the mend and ready to write lots of Hubs.

8. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

Welcome back, Nell! It's nice to see you here again. Hope you're doing well.

1. profile image0

Nice to be talking to "the Old Gang" again. Looking forward to lots of fun again.

9. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 11 years ago

Welcome back Nell smile

10. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 11 years ago

Welcome back, Nell and happy hubbing!

11. galleryofgrace profile image71
    galleryofgraceposted 11 years ago

Glad to see you back. Missed seeing you.

1. profile image0

Good to see you too!

12. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 11 years ago

Nell, with the old Gang, nice to some familiar faces decide to come back into the fold.

1. profile image0

Yep, just needed my PayPal account. Feels good to be back!

13. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 11 years ago

Nell!  Good to see you back in the forums and writing once more.  I was always sorry to see you leave and have wondered how you were doing.

Sorry to hear of your problems, but glad to hear you have them under control. 

Now get to work, girl, and get some hubs out.  You were always an inspiration to me with your writing abilities and will be interested to see what "changes" you are making.

1. profile image0

OMG you grew up! Actually I've been checking out your stuff, because Paul E. said you were doing well - which didn't surprise me at all! Glad you're still hanging around!

I've read all the comments from Paul E about what is working. So I'm going for long and in depth  informational hubs about stuff I know really well.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yep - all grown up now.  Some cruel, cruel (but well intentioned) hubbers finally convinced me that I needed to branch out a little, open a facebook page, get into G+ etc. and that my favorite picture just didn't fit my primary niche.  Or secondary, or tertiary, or any of them.  Still can't find myself on a forum page, though! smile 

Had to run over and look at your only offering yet - yes, it's quite a change from the Nell I used to read.  Looks very good - the old Nell is indeed back.  Changed and with a new look, but back in force.

14. wordscribe43 profile image90
    wordscribe43posted 11 years ago

YAY!  Great to see you back.  So sorry to hear about your health problems, but glad you're on the mend.  I look forward to checking out your new work and am thrilled to see your face again.  See you around!

15. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 11 years ago

Welcome home Nell... as they say, what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger...  good to see again ... take care.. PD

16. Bard of Ely profile image79
    Bard of Elyposted 11 years ago

Welcome back here, Nell!

17. profile image0

Thanks again everyone!

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Welcome back. Looking forward to seeing you around some. big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)