I was discovered on HubPages/Hollywood came calling

Jump to Last Post 1-43 of 43 discussions (81 posts)
  1. fastfreta profile image76
    fastfretaposted 11 years ago

Well friends it's almost here. smile For those of you that don't know please go to one of these links   http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/100575, or http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/102544, for the entire explanation. 

But for those of you that's been with me on this journey, the name and date of the show has been released.  The name will be called "Neat Freaks." The air date is December 5, 2012 at 10:00pm on TLC.
    Of course that's for the USA.  However I understand it will be released in Europe and other countries, I'm not sure of the air date for those.

I understand since this is the pilot, the success of the series will depend on how it's received. So if you see it and like it, please let the network know.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 11 years agoin reply to this

i'll check it out...because it is you...i don't normally watch much TV...but i'll take a look.....congrats!

2. Aficionada profile image80
      Aficionadaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I believe the problem with the links was that the commas were somehow included as part of the links in the first post. In quoting that post, I deleted the commas, so (if my theory is correct) the links in this post ought to work.

3. Jamie Brock profile image91
      Jamie Brockposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Congrats to you.. that is AWESOME! I will definitely be watching.. TLC is one of my favorite channels smile

fastfretaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Jamie, I'll know whether it will be one of mine when I actually see myself when the show airs. LOL! big_smile

1. Jamie Brock profile image91
          Jamie Brockposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure it may feel a bit strange at first to see yourself on the TV but what an experience! So very happy for you smile

4. profile image0
      Justsilvieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations and Kudos to you. I wish you much success. when you are rich and famous remember the little people.  big_smile

With what reality pays there's no chance in that happening, because I'm sure I won't be offered what those new Reality stars are offered.   But thanks anyway.

5. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 11 years agoin reply to this

congratulations

2. janesix profile image61
    janesixposted 11 years ago

If Hollywood came calling, I would run the other way.

3. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 11 years ago

That's Great News.... Breakaleg Mate!   smile

But whatever you do.... don't let them blame The End of The World a few days later, on your performance okay??  big_smile

4. fpherj48 profile image59
    fpherj48posted 11 years ago

darn....neither link takes us anywhere...but to an alert that the "page does not exist!"  Anyway...congratulations!  I'll catch you on TLC!  How wonderful for you!

5. Anamika S profile image69
    Anamika Sposted 11 years ago

That's awesome news... Congrats! Wish you Best of LUck and Success!

6. wordscribe43 profile image89
    wordscribe43posted 11 years ago

WOO HOO, Freta!  I will be sure to tune in- how cool is that!  Another one bites the dust for Hollywood... don't forget us, Freta.  smile

7. CrisSp profile image72
    CrisSpposted 11 years ago

That's awesome and congratulations! However, both links doesn't work sad

8. SmartAndFun profile image94
    SmartAndFunposted 11 years ago

Congrats! I think this is really exciting and will be tuning in! Can't wait!

9. fastfreta profile image76

Okay sorry about the links, I'll go back over to them and post something so you can see it.

10. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 11 years ago

That's great, fastfreta!  (Should we call you fastneatfreaka?) I will certainly look for it.
    Please keepus updated and remind us again of the date and time as it nears.

Hey Rochelle, that's catchy, um, might give it a try, LOL!  Oh I will come back to the forum close to air date and remind all.

1. janesix profile image61
        janesixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I bet you WILL.

11. Victoria Lynn profile image89
    Victoria Lynnposted 11 years ago

Yeah, I was disappointed, too, about the links not working. :-(

1. Aficionada profile image80
      Aficionadaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Victoria, click on the links in my post. They work.

12. moonlake profile image82
    moonlakeposted 11 years ago

How great I will be watching. TLC if one of my favorite channels. I'm a tv watcher and not afraid to admit it.

13. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 11 years ago

I'll be looking for it, Freta.  It's a good experience.....I was a contestant on a reality show pilot once but the network (CBS) dropped it before it ever aired. 

I pray that TLC will take it away!  Go girl!!

(hey, what did you think about all those 'confidentiality agreements'?  did they try to put the fear in you if you told anyone?)

I hope the show does air.  I guess it can get right up to air date and still not air. Oh yes the release really scared me.  I guess the hope that the show airs is a double edged sword, because if it does I'm tied to that darn release in perpetuity. So if I don't like what I see, it won't matter. I find myself reading and rereading it constantly.

Actually I really hope I can get remuneration from readers of my hubs as as result of my appearance, because I received all I was ever going to receive once, and only once.sad  But as I said before I really had fun doing it. smile

1. donotfear profile image83
        donotfearposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I do understand.  Those agreements are relentless. My husband refused to sign them altogether and was against the whole idea of me being on the show.  In fact, he was enraged.  But his reaction was illogical: the show was completely okay, no nudity, no filthy content, just a psychological/comedy-like, competition on nightmares and phobias.   

Don't let those agreements scare you, though.  They are only to protect the network.  The don't want us going around  using the network name to make money off of it.  It's ridiculous.  Mike Skupin, who was on Survivor, has a whole website with the Survivor logo all over it.  And they never have done a thing to him.  He told me that they never said a thing to him about it. 

You can definitely use the experience to your advantage.  The network may be able to take away all l your rights as a contestant, but they can't take away your experience. (plus the appearance fee$)
        That's why I wrote about my experience on Real Nightmares, but left out the names of the networks, etc in accordance with the contract. The articles are here on hubpages.  But now, I really don't care, I just shout it out; yes, I worked with Robert Englund!   Well, anyway, you know you have a kindrid spirit.  I know the emotions and excitement you are going through. 

Send me a message if you need to.  I have a feeling TLC will come through for you!!   I don't think they are as rigid as CBS!   I'm excited for you!

I'm not sure my release is the same as CBS. The phrase that scares me most is one that says they can exploit you at their discretion. Hey but the appearance fees idea excites me, thanks for the encouragement.

1. donotfear profile image83
            donotfearposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, it's the same release form used by all.  That's what casting told me......and it gives them the right to edit you any way they want...yes.  It's all a toss-up.   I wanted the experience and didn't care what they did with it.  So make me look like an idiot...I didn't care, it was a chance to face my fear head-on and I did it!!!

14. kathyinmn profile image60
    kathyinmnposted 11 years ago

Good luck to you. As long as you had a good experience and enjoyed everything then it was a wonderful experience for you.

I also had an experience with a tv show call My ghost story, It was not a happy out come. They twisted the story so badly I still get angry when I see it.

The story they did was on  my hub, A Ghost Hunter’s True Ghost Experiences, Part 4 and 5

15. nina64 profile image69
    nina64posted 11 years ago

Congratulations Fastfreta, I'm so happy for you and I wish you all the best. I will be looking out for your upcoming show. Be blessed.

16. Angelique Newman profile image61
    Angelique Newmanposted 11 years ago

That's wonderful news; many congratulations!

17. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 11 years ago

congrats!

18. fastfreta profile image76

Thanks all, I'll come back close to the date and remind you all.  However if my experience is like Kathyinmn, then I might not! yikes

19. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 11 years ago

Congrats Freta smile I'm sure you're going to have fun and good luck! definitely will be watching for your show.

20. jponiato profile image88
    jponiatoposted 11 years ago

Congratulations.  I hope the show works out well for you.  Good luck in this and all your future endeavors.

21. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 11 years ago

Yay!!!  Congratulations FastFreta!!!  smile  I'll be looking for your episode and watching!!  smile

Again, congrats and hope all turns out as you wish! smile

22. Mark Johann profile image61
    Mark Johannposted 11 years ago

Congratulations! Your hard work reaps a good harvest. This is what I am telling my friends always.

23. fastfreta profile image76

Thanks guys, I hope when it airs I am proud of what I've done. hmm This is really nail biting time.  They won't let me see it until it airs.

1. Christy Spires profile image61
      Christy Spiresposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I've been saying the same thing - like I hope I'm able to show my face around town after it airs. They are gonna make me look OCD I just know it!!

24. tinamariemiller profile image59
    tinamariemillerposted 11 years ago

That is awesome, fastfreta!  That happened to me also, however, by a new magazine being published.  It's really nice to know that hubs get viewed!  Best of luck!

25. fastfreta profile image76

That's really exciting, tinamariemiller. Tell us the magazine so we can go out and buy it.  I certainly will be one of their new readers

26. bettybarnesb profile image59
    bettybarnesbposted 11 years ago

Proud of you! Will be watching.

Be blessed...

Thanks Betty! I hope it will be worth it. As I said before I've  never seen it and won't until everyone else does. I know what I did, but I don't know how that's translated onto film.

27. Mekenzie profile image77
    Mekenzieposted 11 years ago

fastfreta, thought you should know .. neither of the links work.  Congratulations to YOU!  How exciting .. I'll have to peek in on your articles to see what you wrote that drew them to you.  Must be exceptional!  You Go Girl!

Sorry about the links, however if you go back to the forum you'll see one of them, because I just responded to someone over there.  Actually to me it wasn't that exceptional, it's just that they were looking for people like me.  The article is Why I Love To Clean, and that's the basis of the show.  By the way,  someone said if you remove the commas you'll be able to use the links.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
        gmwilliamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

YOU are EXCEPTIONAL.   LIVE THAT DREAM.   YOU  are INDEED a STAR!   Best of luck to you!

28. fastfreta profile image76

Calm down there, gmwilliams, let's reserve that judgement until after we see the show. lol  Seriously though thank you so much for the encouragement.

29. Christy Spires profile image61
    Christy Spiresposted 11 years ago

I am going to be on the first episode of Neat Freaks smile I was told by producers the other day that It would be myself and another person- Is that you Fast Freta? LOL! They told me 10pm on TLC on 12/5/12. So I guess it must be! Good luck to us.. I know they are going to portray me as a clean freak with a side car of OCD. HAHA!

30. fastfreta profile image76

Yes that is me. big_smile Hey this is great.  I can't believe this, we actually connected.  I can't wait to see how this turns out.  Say contact me via email, we need to talk.

I wish we could find the other 2! The poor guy Caleb is never gonna date again after they tell the world he is spraying his dates down with peroxide spray!

31. Christy Spires profile image61

That sound great !! I hope they don't make us look nuts !! Lol

I feel the same way, it's now a waiting game. lol

I just sent you a message via Facebook.

Ok checking now

32. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 11 years ago

Wow!  Freta AND Christy - congrats to both of you.  TWO hubbers about to become famous TV stars.  big_smile

33. fastfreta profile image76

Thanks Motown2Chitown, we're both hoping that we're satisfied with our presentation. Just to put it out there, there is a comedy element to the show. big_smile

34. bill yon profile image72
    bill yonposted 11 years ago

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I don't watch tv but still Congratulations and I will check it out.

35. fastfreta profile image76

Thanks Bill, we will not be on but once, I mean it's not a continuing show for either of us.  So you won't have to watch but once, lol

36. fastfreta profile image76

Hey, I finally saw a casting call for the show "Neat Freaks" on the TLC website. big_smile I was told that the promos will begin about a week out from the show, so I think next week will be the week, so keep a lookout.

1. snakeslane profile image81
      snakeslaneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

kewl!

2. Christy Spires profile image61

Finally !!!

My daughter and I check daily, I surmise they're on vacation beginning today, and we won't see any movement until Monday. However, I'll check back tonight to see if there's promos appearing.

Well please let me know ! I'll be checking too ! Happy thanksgiving !!

37. Christy Spires profile image61

well they definitely have us looking like Freaks that is for sure!! LOL I have read so many crazy comments about us today- good and bad. You definitely have to have thick skin in this industry. Freta, the media is already trying to portray you as a woman who loves to drink bleach and apparently both of us need to lose weight!! LOL Doesn't bother me one bit. People have to remember this is Reality TV and everything is extreme. I do love to clean like a fool, but I also work full time at a Global IT company, travel the world, have a great social life and take good care of my future husband and 2 dogs wink And I will say we had an amazing time filming! Whether America loves it or hates it-  if they are talking- it will be good!

Where in the world did you see that, I haven't seen anything.

38. snakeslane profile image81
    snakeslaneposted 11 years ago

I'm wondering too, has it already aired?

39. Christy Spires profile image61

The one that has taken off the most is based in the UK. They always know first! The producers had told me that NEAT FREAKS would air internationally as well, and they would show more over there because they have less commercials.

Look at:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic … s-day.html

I think there are around 164 comments. Most are good but a lot are saying we must be unemployed /on welfare to be able to clean this much, lots of talking about your fruit in bleach and use of bleach and the environment, we both need to lose weight, my boobs are busting out the top of my shirt and negative comments about the other 2 as well. etc. IT doesn't bother me one bit. Let them all talk. They do they same to many Reality people. I think it's funny. Several people said me and you could come clean their houses any time, would pay us, let us clean the world, introduce us to Hoarders and let us help them etc. smile  It's pretty cool. Check it out.

It was on their front page of the news last night and we were the top story under Obama and MItt Romney eating together.. at one point we were above them briefly. Now THAT is wild.

smile Have a good weekend!

Christy Spires

www.facebook.com/christy.spires
    Twitter @cmspires1

One more note- Our show is set to air on the same date and time as Duck Dynasty's Season Finale..One of the hightest rated shows on TV right now. If the success of this show depends on the pilot, I think I would've purchased a different time slot !! I know I love that show myself and will be DVR'ing it! I have been trying to hype it up all day all over every media outlet possible. I should be getting paid lol!

40. snakeslane profile image81
    snakeslaneposted 11 years ago

Thank you Christy! Could you and Freta come an clean my house please!
    Great video clip. Freta you are a natural! But I would feel better if you were using vinegar instead of bleach...I hope this turns into something good for both of you. Get an agent, quick!

We have interviews with news and papers around here this Sunday. It is definitley gettting crazy!!! smile

2. fastfreta profile image76

That's great, you go girl.

It's no Today Show .. You go do us proud! smile

3. fastfreta profile image76

Okay snakeslane, I might just try vinegar.

41. Christy Spires profile image61

Oh and one more cool thing... Last night ,on that website, my body in my picture had 3 little links to buy earrings, similar shorts and a similar top by clicking the highlighted tabs. There was a shopping cart icon in the corner of my picture! HAHA Today it only shows my earrings. That is the coolest thing I have seen all day. smile No one else's did that...so odd!  I am sitting here thinking to myself - I was washing our cars and had on a tshirt, old shorts, pearl earrings and was sweaty with no makeup and that is fashion?! LOL

You look great, earrings are a nice touch.

Thank you very much !

42. fastfreta profile image76

Oh now I've seen some of it.  The negative comments don't bother me one bit.  Thanks girl, let's let it roll our backs. I agree I do need to lose weight, and maybe this will urge me to do so. lol

Me too honey me too ! Lol maybe we can do a cleaning Weightloss show smile

43. geetbhim profile image60
    geetbhimposted 11 years ago

Link provided is showing page 404 as many hubbers could not find the page, anyways
    Congrats! TLC is my hubbys fav channel he watches it regularly.
    If you can tell the timing to air in India would like to see you on Tv.

smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)