Is it possible to LEGALLY ban Christianity?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (31 posts)
  1. A Troubled Woman profile image59
    A Troubled Womanposted 11 years ago

Well, a great deal of people have already established this as a fact (on HubPages forums) that Christianity is a moronic religion. It's inhumane and outdated. So, as this is a scientific reality to the 21st century, can't we just take this a little forward?

Can't we legally ban this so it gets away from the face of the world? We would be accomplishing a noble task indeed!

1. profile image0
      riddle666posted 11 years agoin reply to this

You cannot ban congenital abnormalities!!

A Troubled Womanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Like we can't ban Quantum Mechanics, or the theory of Evolution!  lol

2. lone77star profile image72
        lone77starposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And apparently not low IQ, either.

2. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'd be more supportive of a ban on people calling for bans.

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well said.  The person who opened this thread is now banned.  wink

1. CrisSp profile image72
          CrisSpposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Lol!

2. lone77star profile image72

I agree, Emile. Well-said!

It sounds as though ATW doesn't believe in America and the Constitution. How thoroughly New World Order.

3. nightwork4 profile image60
      nightwork4posted 11 years agoin reply to this

i'd hate to see it banned . over time it will become something that is rarely practiced anyway as people are realizing how foolish believing in some god is. the reason i don't want it banned it two-fold. first off, it's about freedom. i don't want to live in a country where religion is banned or any other belief system. secondly, without religion, a lot of people couldn't handle life . they need religion as a crutch to get through each day and i think in most cases, religion works for them.

1. A Troubled Nurse profile image57
        A Troubled Nurseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

" it's about freedom. i don't want to live in a country where religion is banned or any other belief system"

If Christianity isn't a crime, then why do atheists go on day after day prosecuting it?

2. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 11 years ago

Its banned in Saudi Arabia!! No sign of a church or crucifix there...

Then they must be very humane, and scientific people! lol

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

No one cares what people believe -- just that what they do doesn't impinge on the rights of others

That's why they banned Christianity in Saudi Arabia, and they continue to keep the Christians updated on the forums! lol

1. kathleenkat profile image83
        kathleenkatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Really? In country in which homosexuality is punishable by death, they would ban a religion for interfering with people's lives on the basis of belief?

I sincerely doubt that that was the reason.

4. bBerean profile image61
    bBereanposted 11 years ago

Hmmmm,. this sounds familiar.  I read this somewhere else.  "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. "

5. kathleenkat profile image83
    kathleenkatposted 11 years ago

ATM, the United States was settled on the basis of freedom of religion.

It would be unlikely that a religion would be banned, although certain practicies which are illegal would be (denying your child medical help comes to mind--neglecting children). Bad actions may be fueled by religions, but having a religious thought/belief is not illegal (here in the States).

Other countries? Who knows? But not here.

1. A Troubled Man profile image57
      A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Both "A Troubled Woman" and "A Troubled Troll" are sockpuppets of another user here and have been banned.

How is that relevant to my post? Or did you quote me by mistake?

You said ATM, so I assumed you were referring to me.

Yes, I was addressing you, but why are you telling me about the socks?

How could you be addressing me when I never responded to the thread? Were you calling me out or something?

2. A Troubled Nurse profile image57

Why did you call me then?

6. Renee Abbott profile image80
    Renee Abbottposted 11 years ago

I am not a Christian, however if anyone ever tried to ban their religion I would stand up and fight against banning. The concept of banning any religion boils in my blood, for if you do not wish to follow a religion ignore it.

Wicca is now a legalize religion in the U.S and about time.

Banning is seen as a plus imho for those who have tolerance problems of others who do not act and think like them.

1. lone77star profile image72

Bravo, Renee. I'm sure they'd feel slighted if someone banned them, especially with extreme prejudice (a euphemism for murder).

Banning religions, banning guns, banning free speech, banning the right to free assembly... these are the things of tyranny. And tyranny has already struck America. It's now a felony to protest what the government is doing. Obama has his "Kill List" which includes Americans. Obama signed the NDAA (and Romney would've signed it) with its indefinite detention clauses for Americans (no charges, no attorney, no trial and no phone call).

Reminds me of Germany 80 years ago.

So, why are Christians calling for the banning of abortions, contraceptives, homosexuality, the teaching of evolution in schools, etc.? Is that not tyranny?

2. A Troubled Nurse profile image57

So, why are Christians calling for the banning of immorality, recklessness, ugliness, inhumanity, the teaching of falsehood in school, etc. and lot more? Isn't that?

7. Scribenet profile image62
    Scribenetposted 11 years ago

Wow...like ban everything...then no one would ever be insulted or troubled. That is fair in this kind of reasoning.

That is how they did it in the dark ages... burned all the books and knowledge of the civilizations that were not in favor at the moment. Destroy and ban. Of course no one had any say in anything anyway...wasn't that nice? Something to aspire to huh?

I may not agree with you...but I would give you the freedom to express yourself no matter what your religion....  Rather shortsighted...banning Christianity...that has been done before my dear and apparently it was done rather brutally. Lots of skeletons in the closets of all mankind and every religion of the world.

8. bBerean profile image61
    bBereanposted 11 years ago

If you look at world history, and countries around the world and how they deal with different religions, particularly Christianity and Judaism, your desire to ban one should tell you or at least reveal for others a lot about yourself.

9. CrisSp profile image72
    CrisSpposted 11 years ago

Just like you can ban atheism, Islam, buddhism, scientology and what have you? Why don't you just leave them alone and go on with your own belief or for what ever matters to you. Your question is just like asking to ban "freedom of expression". Ahm, sorry but, I don't think so!

10. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 11 years ago

There are a lot of things I would like to ban other than Christianity. Like the stock market. Both would be a useless attempt. there are just too many people with their hands in the cookie jar.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)