Boeing cuts 30% of management.

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Barefootfae profile image59
    Barefootfaeposted 11 years ago

In another wonderful piece of economic news....which of course waits till afeter the election...Boeing is slashing it's management by 30%.
    Happy days are here again.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49729998

1. tammybarnette profile image61
      tammybarnetteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

"Boeing said the changes were not a response to the threat of additional, across-the-board U.S. budget cuts due to take effect on Jan. 2, or the outcome of U.S. elections, but represented another step in its continuing drive to "be more competitive while investing in technologies and people."

Fae, Do you even read the articles? Did you notice the cuts were made to the top? Administrative and management positions are being cut to reduce cost, usually a lot of little guys are fired who make at least 30% if not 50% less than management(not considering overtime), So a few big dogs will lose a job here, that is not a happy note, I hate to see anyone lose a job, however "those" jobs, careers, not hard to replace, you may have to move, but those jobs are available all day long here in TN...but the line workers and asemblers, those are the jobs we need to perserve and grow as much as possible, those are the middle class jobs....However, please keep posting articles, because you have a knack for finding reads I find very interesting smile

1. Barefootfae profile image59
        Barefootfaeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Look, are you really happier if you think it's upper people being unemployed?'Are there some who you think deserve unemployment?

No not at all, I want everyone to have employment, Let me give you an example...My Mother works for a manufacturing company, she is a Superviser now, and for probably 20 years or so now, but she worked her way through the ranks...anytime there was a need to cut costs that would fire 1000's of workers, she and I always realized that they could save the same amount of money by combining departments under Supervisors or Managers and save the same amount of cost by only letting go of 4 or 5 people...Government works the same...if the administrative agencies are cut back then the more workers keep jobs...So, as I would like to see full employment, less is always better when it comes to cutting jobs.

2. Repairguy47 profile image60
    Repairguy47posted 11 years ago

Very interesting piece RG, I will have to study up, I know this was board eneacted by Congress in the 30's for obvious reasons, I do not understand the "hands tied" statement, so will have to research...but that is ridiculous to not let them build a factory in SC, it reminds me of the farmers being paid subsidies to NOT grow...I will do some research on this later, thanks for the link smile

1. Repairguy47 profile image60
        Repairguy47posted 11 years agoin reply to this

By the way I heard this morning that Boeing will be hiring approx 2500 people.

2. Barefootfae profile image59
        Barefootfaeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

At least YOU are a little open minded!
        big_smile

2. peeples profile image94
      peeplesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I should note that link was from 2011. Our Boeing plant here in South Carolina is already built, fully operational, and has won their fight to not be sued over coming here.

I was just putting info out there!

1. peeples profile image94

I figured but figured I'd say it in case someone didn't notice.

I didn't notice, shame on me, I never look at dates...glad to know it worked out, that would have been a terrible injustice...

The point was that a democrat was looking to help unions, all democrats are out to help unions because that is who support them.

1. peeples profile image94

And a great point. A friend of mine works with a crew that goes to help areas who have suffered from natural disasters. They went up to help with Sandy. After 4 days of being there several crews were sent home because they weren't from a union. Here in SC Unions are not the norm so of course the crews from here weren't part of them. Even in time of disasters it was promote the unions first.

Absolutely, unions are not the norm in Texas either. I did happen to join one once but left fairly quickly, I found out if you work hard they don't like it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)