Why do you think vampires are so popular now? Many people are writing

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (21 posts)
  1. crazyhorsesghost profile image72
    crazyhorsesghostposted 12 years ago

I wonder why vampires seem to be such a popular writing subject now. I am really surprised at how many teens and young adults seem to just love anything about vampires.

1. Sassy Mami profile image59
      Sassy Mamiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think is that sense of danger and mystery. They take you someplace where you can escape just like other stories. I personally alway have love vampire books and supernatural fiction is at the top of my reading list.

If vampire were real that would be awesome as long as they didn't sparkle. *grins*

2. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 12 years ago

Good question!  It all began with Dracula and Anne Rice novels for me.  I am now reading her latest, The Wolf Gift.  I can't say why young people love vampires because I'm 53, going on 54 next month.  I've always loved reading about vampires because they are quite different.  Could it be that legends and folklore will always be a part of us?  No matter what age we are?

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

Because they run the world.

4. rahul0324 profile image79
    rahul0324posted 12 years ago

Vampire take you to a different world! A world of fantasy, a world of dreams! Over the years they have fascinated minds of all age groups and left permanents imprints on the areas of legends and folklore   .They appeal more to the young'cause young people moreover teenagers find shelter in stories which take them away into lands full of joy, fantasies, elements beyond definition such as the Vampires in twilight saga...
    It becomes an escapist resort for their minds... so is with mine! My first vampire novel was Bram Stoker's Dracula, I was lost into Mr. Harker's adventures and experiences with the Count and then as the vampire age progressed came the vampires of twilight, vampire diaries, true blood , blade series.... the entire definition changed its course with anti-garlic, sunlight-friendly, cross-friendly vampires of good super-heroic nature jumping around lost in love!

Hence. I believe they have always been an inevitable part of folklore and they always will be

5. twilanelson profile image61
    twilanelsonposted 12 years ago

Mystery

6. crazyhorsesghost profile image72

Thanks for all the great replies. They are appreciated.

7. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 12 years ago

Vampires are sexy creatures, their lust for blood resonates with our lust for what's forbidden. They are tormented by their memories of their human past, and, even though they are their own worst enemy but can't help it. They can live forever (an idea which is appealing to most humans) but they have their limitations (as we do). And not being responsible could cause their death.

So, they are like humans, except darker and much more cooler! I swear I can't get enough of the Underworld series! big_smile

1. profile image0
      mts1098posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I completely agree...not to mention there are some great movies made from vampires...take underworld for example

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes! I'm an Underworld junkie! lol

8. profile image61
    logic,commonsenseposted 12 years ago

Because people want to escape reality.  They don't have to face political correctness with vampires.

9. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 12 years ago

And vampires are sexy.  I know this sounds goofy, but I've dressed like a vampire during Halloween for years.  I am a fan.  But over the years, it seems like there are different ways to "kill" them.  I am used to the method where you cut off the head and fill it with garlic.  Didn't Lucy Mercer "die" that way in Dracula?  Then you have all the new variations on TV and in the movies.  I even like the old movies with vampires.  Vampires all over the place.

10. shamelabboush profile image50
    shamelabboushposted 12 years ago

It's the trend now and directors & producers want catch the train and make quick money.

11. kimquotes profile image59
    kimquotesposted 12 years ago

They're not only sexy but they have the life that rich practice... smile)

12. Susan Ng profile image83
    Susan Ngposted 12 years ago

Immortality, superhuman strength and abilities, money and power, beauty and sex appeal carried to the state of perfection (Have you ever heard of a fat ugly broke weakling vampire? ^_^)... Vampires have what humans desire.

13. ch3sterturley profile image60
    ch3sterturleyposted 12 years ago

Sex appeal. Beauty. Eternal youth. Money. Power. They are fantastical, yet they retain elements of humanity. Being bitten on the neck isn't just terrifying, it is a sexually arousing idea, that has special appeal from young people and the target audience of such stories.

14. crazyhorsesghost profile image72

Really great replies everyone. Vampires are very interesting to me and I'm currently working on a book set in the early 1800's about vampires that I hope to have published.

1. profile image0

I'll read it! big_smile Love vampires!

15. Shanna11 profile image74
    Shanna11posted 12 years ago

Actually, I think the day of vampires is fading... zombies are growing in popularity now.

I think people just like the idea of something outside the realm of their current lives, but that still seems possible. That's why I liked vampires/zombies. They were different than my current, boring life, and yet somehow they still seemed possible- like they could really exist.

1. profile image0

I like Rob Zombie (without the ugly makeup). Does that count? big_smile

16. profile image53
    wiremesh123posted 12 years ago

Stimulateļ¼

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)