NFL Week 11

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (33 posts)
  1. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 11 years ago

Im letting BLACKANDGOLDJACK take a break this week by opening the thread for the NFL games for Week 11. He is kind enough to take the task on week in week out so this week I will let his fingers take a break!

Week 11 starts out with the the AFC East - Dolphins at the Bills in cold Buffalo. The fins are in second place (4 -5) while the Bills are tied with the Jets for last. (3-6)

So what game are you looking most forward to this week?

1. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image72
      BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Now wavegirl22, how did you know my finger got stung by a bee and swelled up to twice its normal size? It's an important finger too. The one I pick my nose with.

Well, I probably won't watch the Ravens at Steelers game. I'm too afraid of what might happen. The line has changed from Steelers giving 4 points to getting 3 1/2.

Cold Buffalo? I just got back from doing my errands wearing just a T-shirt. Yes, the bees are still buzzing and enjoying the sunshine. Although I'm sure it will turn considerably cooler when the sun goes down. I picked up a USA TODAY and I'm just perusing it. "Tebow trashing gets NFL talking" on the front page of the sports. "SOLUTION FOR JETS: GIVE TEBOW MORE TIME" on page 3 of the sports.

Dang, doesn't anybody know there is a football game tonight in New York that does not involve Tim Tebow?

I'm most looking forward to the game tonight between the Dolphins and the Bills. Things could change tomorrow.

wavegirl22posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I always have your back BGJack!

I am watching the game but to be honest I have my eyes on what is going on in Israel tonight so my concentration is totally off. I wish I could immense myself in watching the game. It would be so much more comfortable.

I sure hope Tim and his powers are praying for the innocent ones in Gaza tonight, I know I am.

Yeah, I kept flipping back and forth between the game and the news to see what was going on. Scary.

That game last night was hard to get into even though I had some fantasy players.

Definitely some better games to come this week and hopefully some cooling down in the situation in Israel. Tanks and troops on the border does not sound good.

2. Alphadogg16 profile image85
    Alphadogg16posted 11 years ago

Yeah I have CJ Spillar on my fantasy, hes not really doing much, So Im watching the Celtics vs Nets game

C.J. was a whole lot better than Reggie Bush. Was Bush lame or what? Not that I minded. My opponent at NFL.com had him and got 3.50 points while I had C.J. and got 13 points. I'll take that.

Reggie was a non entity last night. But then again I think most of the fins were. The little I saw it looked as if the Bills really wanted this game.

I had way too many players playing last night across my leagues. Not happy about most of the performers. My ESPN team is pathetic. I had Ryan T and one other. It pains me to think of it so I am having a senior moment on it. .but I do know 2 players totaled maybe 14 points? I could be totally off on that as well. . .yikes. .

The AFC East. .wow it is the new AFC West! (I love when the Charger fans always say oh well be in the playoffs the league is that bad it doesnt matter how many games you win or lose.) Dont think that will happen for the Jets. The Jets in the playoffs would be very very painful.

On a good note.. I did see a pic of Darrellle working his leg yesterday. .

3. Alphadogg16 profile image85

I'm kind of glad about that, one of the leagues I'm in, my opponent started Bush and Fitzpatrick, and I had Spillar, CJ scored as much as both of them put together

i have Spiller in one of my leagues he did ok .. nothing stupendous. Other then that I had a really bad night.

With the Giants bye this week and the Jets sucking as much as they do I am not all that much looking forward to football Sunday. Then again its weeks like this when I expect little or nothing gang green will get a burst. Either way it doesnt much matter, even if by some stroke of football gods coming together to put them in the playoffs  . .I cant even finish that sentence!!

4. Alphadogg16 profile image85

The Giants..... I really wouldn't worry about them, they play possum every year and then turn it on at playoff time. The Jets on the other hand.....seem to have lost their identity. The use to be defined by their defense & ground & pound and now they do neither. Ryan needs to stop talking so much smack & start coaching/fixing his team

I like to call it the Giants second hand slump in full swing. But then again I remember the days when everyone questioned Eli. The Giants are good and they have my full support and gratitude wink

As for Rex, honestly he has been pretty quiet this season. Nothing at all what he was like when he first came to town. Funny but back then when Rex was fat the Jets were sexy. For me that was their identity . .flying through the endzone with all the swag a team can have. They were cool and they were fun to watch. Then they decided to get rid of Braylon, Brad Smith and Jason Taylor. Im telling you they may not be the NFL super duper stars that my thoughts seem to make of them, but when you put them all together and they hit the field, that jets team was the true definition of a great team and they were a pleasure to root for.

Fast forward to today . .Rex lost all that weight and that is supposedly our sexy. I say bring on the snacks and put the sexy back with our players. At least he is getting the Defense back to an acceptable performance level and mind you he is doing that without Revis. Now add the disaster of bringing Tebow in and you have mass destruction. I could go on and on with all the reasons this was the biggest nightmare that came to NY but I am sure you catch my drift!!!

All I ask of the football gods at this point is one thing.... sack Brady and do not I repeat do not let him get near the SuperBowl.

At least lately when Brady and Belicheat do get to the Super Bowl they get beat by the Giants. That would be sweet if Luck and the Colts beat the Patriots this week, but I doubt it.

Yeah, Rex just looks like a normal guy now. I liked him better when he was fat too. He was  a lot funnier. Now he's just boring.

The fat took his swag away, no doubt. The happiest people I know usually have some rolls on them. . hehehe

Oh how I am praying for Luck to pull some of that elite luck out this week. Belicheat and Brady a team I continually root against. I dislike them so much there is not one Patriot on any of my fantasy teams. Truly I dont think there is or has ever been a team that I hate so much. Wait I re track that.. back in the 80's, I hated the Dolphins.

How is Ben feeling these days? I havent heard anything.

5. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 11 years ago

The Colts have a chance on Sunday.  Patriots D has been regressing while the Colts D and O-line are starting to gel.

I agree, Ron. If the Bills gave the Patriots a game last week I don't know why the Colts can't this week. I hope so, anyway, although somebody doesn't think so because the line is 9 1/2.

Ben isn't feeling too good, wavegirl. This dislocated rib that could cut into his aorta could be a problem that takes months to recover from. I do the same thing on my fantasy teams. No Patriots. No Ravens either. I couldn't possibly root for either of those 2 teams in any way.

My game tomorrow that's not at night to watch will be Detroit at Green Bay. I have Stafford on my Yahoo team and Rodgers on my NFL.com team, and possibly some others if I decide to play them.

6. wavegirl22 profile image48

So happy to see the jets played today and won. Tebow continues to wreck a little havoc, brings nothing to the game. Mark played well and they got their running game going from the first snap. Next up for them.. .oy the Pats.

I will now watch Luck and send thoughts to Indies d to do nothing but sack Brady for the next couple of hours. Right now if anyone can beat the evil ones its the Colts.

Thank you RG for the nice points you gave to me today. Im sad I sat Felix Jones . in not one but 2 leagues- smacking my head up against the wall.

4th quarter with minutes to go in a few games. .lot of them close! Holy sh@t Batman. . Benjamin Watson just pulled in a beauty. Dallas down by a field goal with a minute to go. ..

Sunday in the NFL when anything can happen

Hey, if the Jets beat the Patriots, the playoffs? Maybe. At the Bengals and Giants are the toughest games the rest of the way.

Bring on the Ratbirds!

Rashard Mendenhall needs to put up or shut up about getting a big contract next season, with the Steelers or somebody else. 

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7380798_f248.jpg

from your mouth to the football gods ears. .some one needs to put them Pats away. I was hoping the Colts had some magic  . .but Lucks luck ran out today. .. young team learning how to correct their mistakes with a big loss today.

Ok Faith is singing. . Im ready for a good game. . .

and I got to say I am still in my glory today that Tebow was Tebow today.

p.s. great pic!!

7. wavegirl22 profile image48

HEADACHE ALERT

Why are the Steelers wearing those nasty uniforms again??

8. wavegirl22 profile image48

HEADACHE ALERT

Why are the Steelers wearing those nasty uniforms again??

9. Alphadogg16 profile image85

Blackandgoldjack I have to agree with wavegirl, those uniforms are hedious!!! lol

Yeah, Alphadogg, I changed my mind about $134.99 for a throwback jersey. Especially after that game last night.

wavegirl, I know you think I'm about as bright as a black (and gold) hole, but you don't need to tell me things twice.

So tonight we got the Bears and the 49ers with backup quarterbacks. I need a 40-0 49ers win if I am going to win my fantasy games.

Yes indeed, a tough week in Steelers country. Sniffle, sniffle.

10. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image72
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 11 years ago

Hey wavegirl, guess who is coming to Pittsburgh tomorrow to try out for the Steelers. Plaxico. To replace Jericho.

The Jets should trade Tebow to the Steelers for a draft pick. Leftwich suffered a fractured rib or two yesterday so it looks like Charlie Batch starts against the Browns. He's old and fragile. The Steelers are looking for another quarterback to back up Batch. At least Tebow is durable. I like Tebow better than the other guys that are being talked about.

I read all about it.. and I didnt have the heart to come here and post it. I guess we got Tone and now you get Plax.

Funny but I am not sure why that post posted twice .It was not me who did that. .but seriously those uniforms. You know I gave my friend plenty of sh*t last night about it being illegal to broadcast such a spectacle. I kept telling him his ratings had to go down from people turning it off just so they didnt have to look at such ugliness. Sorry but it served them right to take the L on that one.

You know BGJack, never for one moment have I thought you to be anything but a brilliant football mind smile he he Im just glad the election is over and we never need to go back to that discussion. and I do thank you for coming to my aid in that other forum and trying to make light of a serious serious subject. There are some people over there that actually scare me, you having my back is goes beyond words of thanks.

Ok next up we got the evil ones against my flight team. Lenny Kravitz is playing. .not my first choice, I would have rather seen Faith and Im not the biggest country fan.. but hey Lenny is a Jets fan (good or bad omen Im not sure)

You can have Tebow, but dont forget he truly sucks as a QB. Feel for the guy for I do think yesterday he saw the last snaps he will ever see in the green and white. Lucky for the boy he has a promising future with Vogue.

11. wavegirl22 profile image48

I say it again BGJack . .your the best!

Sure I'm the best. Didn't I tell you to play Alex Smith and replace him with Kaepernick if Smith couldn't go? If I didn't, I wanted to.

Well, I said I needed the Bears to lose 40-0 to win both my fantasy games. So I won the Yahoo game by 3 points and lost the NFL.com game by 2 points. That's better than what I really hoped for.

You better get busy on your fantasy rosters. Three games on Thursday, and they should be real interesting ones. Gronk out. Can the Jets possibly pull off the upset? Sure they can. I hope they stuff the turkey (Brady).

Yeah, there are some real strange people over there you know where. I have to be careful what I say due to you know what. You might miss me if I can't post here because who would be your whipping boy then?

I still say I'd take Tebow for the Steelers right now. They just mentioned on Mike & Mike the Steelers are bringing in two QBs to look at I never heard of before.

12. wavegirl22 profile image48

I didnt realize 3 games on gobble gobble day. My espn fantasy team is pathetic but I am cutting myself some slack as it is the very first team I ever put up. I am so far behind there It is sad just to look at it. On a brighter note my 3 NFL teams are pretty healthy and I am impressed with myself a bit. .hehe

I know what you mean in regard to over there. And I thank you for coming by. I know how hard it is to contain oneself and you are right I rather have you here then there! That one guy (no name needed you know which one I mean) completely scares the daylight out of me. I post what I know and think and try to stay true to the facts. Glad you called him out on wikpedia, Im sure you can see that is not my source that I go to. Actually before I take anything as truth I try to get it from at least 3 reliable sources. He seems to only know wiki yet accuses me of being the one who does. Whatever doesnt really matter, usually I just ignore his posts no matter how much he calls me out. I try to keep conversations with people that though may not agree with me have something of value to contribute. One can never learn enough and open dialogue is always a good thing. . whether you agree or not.Obviously I am passionate about the topic (and you thought it was just football I cared about). More then anything I would love to see peace over there. . and no more lives lost.

Anyway we are lucky here.. .we have turkey day coming and many reasons to give thanks. I for one have you on my list for always making this forum fun!

13. wavegirl22 profile image48

BGJack .

Plax here he comes.. . I hear the deal is done.

Yeah, I hope we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot. Well, Plax has been here before so it's not like we are going to be surprised. Hey, and he did score more TDs last season for the Jets than it looks like any Steeler receiver is going to score this season, unless somebody picks it up. Are you listening  Mike Wallace? Geez, I got .60 points from him this week.

The other guy the Steelers signed is Brian Hoyer who was Brady's backup for several seasons. Hey, maybe Belichick talk him how to cheat.

14. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 11 years ago

Update on the Raiders:

They still suck.

/wrists

I really miss Al Davis.

15. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image72
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 11 years ago

Hey wavegirl, who is going to start Week 12?

If you don't start it some time tonight, I will start it first thing in the morning when I wake up to put my turkey in the oven. I always give the turkey a name. This one is max. Burn in hell, max.

lol. .i like your style.

being that you are cooking this year and I am not I will start it. I have alot on the line for tomorrows Jets game. .lets say it has to do with a moral victory or defeat. I am not sure I can bear to watch it. I am going to someones house and praying the TV will be on.

Going to start it now. ..as I am still in distress of all that is going on in the world. Thank god there is always football.

Make sure you dont burn max (a little crispy is always good) and heres to stuffing the s#it out of him!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)