Anyone noticed any traffic issues?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (20 posts)
  1. CyclingFitness profile image91
    CyclingFitnessposted 11 years ago

Been checking the forums for info but I can see it nowhere

My traffic has bombed to less than half what I would usually expect over a weekend- anyone having similar issues? Has google issued another update?

I'm lost. Many of my successful hubs still have traffic but significantly less than expected

Is HP having reporting issues?

Help!!

1. ThePracticalMommy profile image89
      ThePracticalMommyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

During the week I lost some traffic, but it seems to be picking back up. Have you run any searches for duplicate content? I have seen some people say that when their hubs are copied, they notice a loss of significant traffic as the copied content sometimes ranks higher... Hope that's not the case for you!

2. Judi Bee profile image91
      Judi Beeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Mine started sliding at the beginning of the month.  It was picking up, but has now dropped back a bit, which isn't unusual for the weekend.  Not heard of any Google stuff going on since Panda 21 on 5 November.

Also had one of my "best" hubs copied last week - it has had a big impact.  Although I got it removed from the other site, it's still not recovered  its traffic.

3. Sapper profile image63
      Sapperposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Like Judi said, they haven't announced an update in a couple weeks, but my hubs have had a small drop in traffic. All my blogs are fine, however, so don't know if its a HP thing, or just that people aren't searching for my hubs now. Who knows, but I try to not worry about the day to day traffic ups and downs unless it goes on for a while. It also doesn't help that I haven't written a hub in quite a while, probably a month. I'm sure if I wrote 2 or 3 this week it would pick back up, but I don't think I'll have time.

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

My traffic was significantly higher this past week, then dropped lower than usual for a Friday. Today there is a slight increase. But traffic should be way up this time of year.

3. Peggy W profile image94
    Peggy Wposted 11 years ago

Mine has steadily been dropping for quite some time and every day it seems to get worse.  I am getting frustrated to say the least!

4. Melovy profile image93
    Melovyposted 11 years ago

Mine is the worst it's been since the September panda update. It's back to where it was about 8 months ago.
    I hadn't thought to check for copies, so thank you for that suggestion.

5. Melovy profile image93
    Melovyposted 11 years ago

I've just found a hub copied. Maybe that's why it took 4 weeks to get indexed by Google.

6. Learning in Life profile image87
    Learning in Lifeposted 11 years ago

How do you find out your hubs were copied and who copied them?

1. galleryofgrace profile image71
      galleryofgraceposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Do a google search for your title or for a particular sentence from the article. Guess we need to start searching all the search engines and not just google.
      i just filed a DMCA for a stolen article. The traffic had dropped to almost nothing.

1. Sapper profile image63

You shouldn't need to search all the engines. The only difference between any of them is the order they are ranked. There won't be anything ranked high enough to matter on Bing that isn't listed on Google as well.

Sapper: Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I've only checked one of my hubs so far, but I have noticed that one of my high traffic hubs has the search summary copied on other sites which don't link at all to my hub, or even have the content on their site. How is this allowed?  Sites are taking search snippets and copying them to rank!  I have found a tumbler page with the first two paragraphs of my hub with the title linked to my hub. 
        I'm getting tired of this online struggle to track copied, stolen content. Now they're stealing snippets. This is ridiculous.

1. Sapper profile image63

It's actually only stealing if they copy the entire thing. Quotes are allowed, they are supposed to link back, but don't have too. Also important to note, It's only copying if everything is copied. Although ethically wrong, legally I could copy one of your hubs, change that title, and put it on my blog and it won't be removed. Google will still rank it down, but, unless they have changed, they won't/can't actually remove it unless it is 100% the same.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
            rebekahELLEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have not found that to be true. Duplicate content is duplicate content.  I have filed numerous DMCA's for copied hubs/partially copied hubs and they were taken down. Changing the title doesn't make it OK for you to copy and post on your site. That is how I have found a number of copied hubs.  I copy/paste part of my content into search and find the copied article, regardless if the title has been altered.  One thief had changed one word in the title but copied the entire hub changing pronouns from feminine to masculine.  Google took it down along with the rest of his entirely stolen material site.

I can see I have work to do.  I just copied one of my titles into copyscape and it found 3 sites where the content has been copied, one includes a link back, but it still is considered duplicate content when most of the hub is copied on another site.  I'm sure in this particular case the person did it without realizing this is copied content.  I'll ask her to remove the content and give a lead in description to the link.

1. CyclingFitness profile image91
              CyclingFitnessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm not seeing copied content when I search for tittles and first 1-2 paragraphs in searches

I'll keep an eye on things- traffic is slowly starting to rise now

I'd usually expect most of my readerbase to be out and about over the weekend and therefore have a weekend traffic downturn but this weekend has been shockingly poor.

Am away for the next week so will see what happens when I leave everything alone- fingers crossed for a return to normal service

7. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 11 years ago

Yeah..............
    my highest traffic hub has dropped to about half of what it was.

Better search for it and see who is getting your traffic.

8. galleryofgrace profile image71
    galleryofgraceposted 11 years ago

The DMCA I just filed is for an entire article. They put a line at the top showing its my article but it is not a live link. They're showing who wrote it but it is still taking my traffic.

9. flash167 profile image89
    flash167posted 11 years ago

I've only been actively working on my hubs in the past few months.  I've been strongly encouraged by the progress and earnings of my Hubs verses my Squidoo lenses.

I started a hub about it because of all the discussions I read about how great Squidoo was and how poorly the traffic was going to HubPages.  For me, I've seen just the opposite.

My intention was to try to get as many Squidoo lenses as HubPages hubs and continue the experiment for a year to see which were more profitable for me.  I haven't made one cent on Squidoo and I'm getting very little traffic.  I think I'm not going to waste anymore time with Squidoo.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)