Queen James Bible Now Theres a Gay-Friendly Version of Scripture

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (215 posts)
  1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 11 years ago

Posted on December 13, 2012 at 2:23pm by Billy Hallowell   
    http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/queen-james.jpg
    According to the editors, King James I, the man behind the popular Bible translation, was a bisexual "known amongst friends and courtiers as 'Queen James' because of his many gay lovers."

The Queen James Bible resolves any homophobic interpretations of the Bible, but the Bible is still filled with inequality and even contradiction that we have not addressed, the web site notes. No Bible is perfect, including this one. We wanted to make a book filled with the word of God that nobody could use to incorrectly condemn Gods LGBT children, and we succeeded.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/queen-j … scripture/
    Is this an answer to a problem or does it create another problem?

1. ib radmasters profile image60
      ib radmastersposted 11 years agoin reply to this

homophobic is not only incorrect, it is defamatory, and inflammatory.
      People are not afraid of homosexuals they just don't relate to them, or agree with their lifestyle.

Homophobic is a term in the same class as fags and queers.

1. ThompsonPen profile image66
        ThompsonPenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I disagree. I know plenty of people (unfortunately) who are actually afraid of those that are homosexual. I have actually heard them say that they will be raped by them. It's tragic that they believe that, but it is true.

2. profile image0
      Lybrahposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There is much deception in the world.

3. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 11 years agoin reply to this

In this version does God rain marshmallows down on the Sodomites instead of fire and brimstone?

1. JMcFarland profile image69
        JMcFarlandposted 11 years agoin reply to this

you know that the sin of sodom (according to the rest of the scriptures that is) was not "being gay".  It was arrogance and being inhospitable.

1. profile image0

Oh sure, but much much more than that, and sexual immorality was definitely on the list.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
            MelissaBarrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ah yes... sexual immorality.  But on the upside he did save Lot.  Good thing too or Lot would have never gone on to get drunk and impregnate his daughters.

1. profile image0

The Bible also tells us that Abraham was a righteous man. Righteous means, “right-standing with God.”  It means that Abraham had a good relationship with God. We aren't told if Lot had a relationship with God. It says that God remembered Abraham and saved Lot. God protected Lot because of Abraham.  God didn't protect Lot because Lot was good or because Lot deserved to be saved. God saved Lot because He “remembered Abraham.”
              Just as God “remembers” Jesus and saves us.  God doesn't save us because we are good or because we deserve to be saved.  He saves us because He “remembers” Jesus.

2. Disappearinghead profile image61
            Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nope sexual immorality was nothing to do with it. In fact it is never mentioned as being a sin for which Sodom was punished.

Ezekiel 16:49
            “‘Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.

1. profile image0

According to some prophets it was a factor.
              Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

1. Disappearinghead profile image61

Actually according to a literal translation we have whoredom and other flesh. Other flesh does not state homosexuality. It is so vague it could mean anything you want it to be.

Besides which seeing as this Jude from the 2nd century (not an apostle mind you) refers to the Book of Enoch believing it to be a true and accurate account, how can you believe Jude is scripture? He also thinks angels can rebel contrary to Jewish belief, has them placed in a pagan Tartarus, and alludes to the half brained idea that angels had sex with women producing hybrid giant men. How can you take this writing seriously? It was  of the disputed books of the cannon for this reason and was voted in.

1. A Driveby Quipper profile image56
                  A Driveby Quipperposted 11 years agoin reply to this

"So then each one of us will give an account of himself to God, like it or not. With this in mind, let's quit judging each other. Give me a break, we all know what is right and wrong, yet we play games as if we don't. Please, do not judge one another anymore, but rather determine this—not to put an obstacle or a stumbling block in a brother or sister's way.

Understand this, if you are able. All have fallen short. We need each other to stand tall, and stand we will, for God is able to give us a boost up."

That's the King Quipper's translation of some stuff in the Book of Romans (actually a formal letter). Every writer should know this, right?. Give me your hand and give me a boost!

2. profile image0

I think you need to back up and read what we were talking about. I said sexual immorality in general not just Homosexuality.  you said "it is never mentioned as being a sin for which Sodom was punished." when clearly it was mentioned by Biblical prophets. The subject is, after all, concerning a revision of the King James Bible which includes Jude. So dismissing Jude is out of the question even for the Queen James' standard.

Was Jude a prophet? I think not. What is sexual immorality? What acts you define as being immoral another sees as normal. You cannot claim that someone is sexually immoral without some specific definitions of what that is.

2. bBerean profile image61
              bBereanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Go one verse farther: Ezekiel 16:49-50 "Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me..." The Hebrew word translated "detestable" refers to something that is morally disgusting and is the exact same word used in Leviticus 18:22 that refers to homosexuality as an "abomination."  So that was definitely part of the reason according to the bible.  I am sure it will read differently in the Queen James.

and what is the context of the use of the word "abomination" in the Old Testament?  go on.  Enlighten us.  It has absolutely NOTHING to do with homosexuality.  " in the Hebrew "toevah". Unlike what the English translation implies, toevah did not usually signify something intrinsically evil, but something which is ritually unclean for Jews. Eating pork, shellfish, lobster, trimming beards, mixing fibers in clothing, and having sex during a women's menstrual period is just as much an "abomination". It is used throughout the OT to designate those Jewish sins which involve ethnic contamination or idolatry. In many other OT verses it simply means idolatry."

Furthermore, it was a common practice at the time for the men of a city (or a victorious army) to rape and violate the survivors of the opposing side.  The Israelite army did it.  A lot of other armies did it.  I don't see fire and brimstone for all of those offenses.  If the sin of Sodom was really that EVERY MALE was gay (and since that's logically impossible to begin with) why would Lot in turn offer his two virgin daughters to the crowd in attempt to appease them?

Again, the story of the men trying to rape angels is not confined to Sodom and Gomorrah.  I believe that it happens later on in Genesis, too.

2. Disappearinghead profile image61

Typically the gay and lesbian community constitutes less than 5% of today's Western populations. Do you seriously think that 100% of Sodom's population was gay?

100% acknowledged it as normal behavior. There was all kinds of modern stuff going on there.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image58

If so then why did God even worry about it?  30... 40 years at max and the issue would have been moot. smile

Whenever someone questions God, God's thoughts, motives, viewpoints, rules of thumb, or anything else, my cell phone rings, and I am asked to deliver a message.

Here's the answer to your question. God isn't "worried" about homosexuality. It is not what he created people to do in their spare time. If anyone insists on getting all fired up that way, then God just gives them over to their desire. Plain and simple, no ifs ands or buts.

As a matter of fact, you know this well and still you balk. Good luck with that.

Now as far as why these things are this way, I am of no service. I am not privy, and no one has issued a message for me to deliver.

4. profile image0
      Cameronbrockposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Lot was a righteous man by faith.  Remember 2nd Peter, and how Lot treated the angels in the city. Plenty of righteous men in the bible had short comings when it comes to women. However that doesn't take away from their righteousness or having favor with God. Lot was a good man he was just taken advantage of by his daughters. The sin was committed against Lot who had no idea what was happening he was drunk. The King James rumors are convenient lies, he was not bisexual. King James endured many assassination attempts so he would have his bodyguards sleep beside him in bed. James was not gay but you can see how people would have jumped to conclusions, this was simply for his safety. All men fall short of the glory of God . If people ignore what Lots daughters did to him, then by definition Lot was righteous. I always use the Merriam Webster dictionary among others. I hate how people use homophobic, we are not afraid of you. We can just see how what you do is wrong and perversion, sin. Trying to make King James out to be gay doesn't make gays right for their sin. Even if James was, which he wasn't, the fruit of the truth of the word is still there and it tells me lesbians and gays are wrong. People who live this way are so insecure, post like these, special laws and treatment, marriage rights. I want special treatment then because I'm straight, I don't look for biblical loopholes to convince others of. I don't complain about how life is so hard at school, or work because I'm straight. Stop telling everyone and treating it like some big secret. No one cares you live life the way you do, the bible does not support your life style. This post and this bible is just another sign we are living in the last days.

If being gay was merely a lifestyle choice then how come just about everyone can remember a kid in junior school who was wired differently to the other boys? You probably didn't know what his different behaviours meant at the time, but looking back now you would interpret it as indications he was gay. Now at that young age, who was telling him that the way he acted was because he was gay, or some lifestyle choice? Nobody, Carl was just being Carl.

Carl was just being Carlene.

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 11 years ago

I find the idea rather bizarre. To refer to something as scripture implies a belief that a divine source guided the hand of the writers. Doesn't rewriting a 'divine' text, in order to make it more palatable, seem like cheating? I suppose we can look forward to a woman friendly Bible? A slave friendly Bible? Maybe a Canaanite friendly Bible would work well. They were definitely spoken of poorly. An abortion friendly Bible might be handy. Everyone can thump everyone else on the head with a Bible that says 'God says' exactly what each person wants to hear.

We would all be money ahead if we simply took the Bible at face value for the interesting window it provides into life in an ancient culture and stopped needing it to make us feel good about ourselves. And definitely stop allowing others to use it to make us feel bad about ourselves. Rewriting it only opens a can of worms inside a can of worms.

If a "divine hand" caused the bible to be written in the first place, who's to say it hasn't intervened again?
      I personally take full stock in the Lol Cat Bible
      www.lolcatbible.com

3. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

Unless you are reading the Bible in Hebrew and Aramaic you are reading a version written by someone with an agenda. Some were written a bit earlier than others, that is all.  I would not assume anything about the accuracy of any version without having a language/history scholar give an opinion,

4. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 11 years ago

Oooohh!  Another set of holy writings of God's words, designed to be politically correct and appease one group while alienating another.

That's just what we need.

I wonder what the projected profit from selling it is?

1. profile image0
      Sarra Garrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, but this is just crazy.  The Bible was created at the Council of Manzea (sp) thus created by man. Most of the men back in that area of the globe are unfortunately bisexual.  The oldest version and more 'accurate' is actually the Kuran.  Just remember if you buy a version of the Kuran you will be put on a terrorist list.

The only thing everyone needs to remember is to be good, do unto others and help your neighbor.

I always enjoy what you have to say, Sarra smile

5. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 years ago

Hee hee hee... that's actually pretty damn funny.

Since there are already Bibles written in "LOLcat speek" and Bibles aimed at teenagers that masquerade as "hip" teen magazines and are written in today's slang, I guess something like this was inevitable.

I think the Lolcat bible was written for teh kittehs. Teh Kittehs needs teh holey words 2!

1. FatFreddysCat profile image93
        FatFreddysCatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

All hailz de mighty Ceiling Cat, from whom all cheezburgers 'n' invisible bicycles flow.

1. brimancandy profile image78
          brimancandyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Taken from the Springfiled News. Cat Heaven real. People heaven NOT!!

6. teacherjoe52 profile image60
    teacherjoe52posted 11 years ago

Be warned
    The word of God is not to be changed to accommodate  a filthy politically correct  lifestyle.

“Now, O Israel, listen to the Laws I am teaching you. Do them so that you may live and go in to take the land for your own that the Lord, the God of your fathers, is giving you. 2 Do not add to the Word that I tell you, and do not take away from it. Keep the Laws of the Lord your God which I tell you. 3 Your eyes saw what the Lord did because of Baal-peor. The Lord your God destroyed from among you all the men who followed the Baal of Peor. Deuteronomy 4:1-3

“Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin.Leviticus 18:22

It is easy to spread malcious slander against a dead person, it is also a coward as you know they cannot defend themselves.

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
      Paul Wingertposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Man created God and man can do whatever we want with him or her or even it.

2. Castlepaloma profile image76
      Castlepalomaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

teacherjoe

Dam righteous of you,
      It's better to hate gays and keep those laws against gay in the 80 countries they occupy now.  Who needs that kind of the 10% of the world's population roaming around our backsides.

OK, lets slow it down a little bit, lets go after the 3% atheist first

"....lets go after the 3% atheist first"? What's next, a Bible for athiests, agnostics and the non-religious? smile

I'd read the Bible for atheists. I'll bet it's pretty entertaining. I think they call those science books though wink

My bad - history books

2. JMcFarland profile image69

it's actually called the "Skeptic's Annotated Bible" and it points out all the inaccuracies, fallacies, horrible commands, murders, rapes, etc" It's online - and now available in print.

3. aka-dj profile image64
            aka-djposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Actually, it has an actual title, as below.

http://biology24x7.in/images/charles-darwin-the-origin-of-species.jpg

actually, that's not an atheist bible.  I respect it, but the field of evolution has evolved (no pun intended) beyond Darwin's comprehension with the study of DNA, common ancestry, etc.  Darwin was just before his time, but I hardly worship him.

1. psycheskinner profile image84
                psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Indeed.  What on earth does evolution have to do with core beliefs and ethics?  That's like saying I worship gravity or the laws of thermodynamics.

2. tlpoague profile image83
          tlpoagueposted 11 years agoin reply to this

A.C. Grayling, an atheist, wrote his own book called "The Good Book, A Secular Bible". He based it off the King James Bible, declaring it to be for the humanitarians that don't believe in God, but needed moral skills to live by.
          I found it interesting enough to write a hub about it.

7. profile image0
    Miriam Weissmannposted 11 years ago

I'm not a Christian so only the Old Testament is relevant for me and my family, but I ask myself "why not?" What's wrong with having a gay bible? What's wrong with gay Christains? What's wrong with gay anything? Nothing at all. I'm not a religious woman at all really, but I'm open to everything.

There's absolutly nothing wrong with gay people.

indeed! smile

2. aka-dj profile image64

Well, they evolved that way, so, therefore there's nothing wrong with any of us.

We are all just a product of our individual evolutionary lineage.

aka-djposted 11 years ago

I wonder if these people have the "ba11s" to have a go at rewriting a gay version of the Koran?

I dare them to try. big_smile    (I see a fatwa on it's way).

And the Christians are constantly accused of intolerance.

But, unlike radical moslems, we (Christians)let God deal with this His way, not US doing it for Him.

1. profile image0
        riddle666posted 11 years agoin reply to this

That is because you have no more soldiers left to fight for Jesus, they got educated. Remember the crusades, witch hunting, public burning and lynching?

1. aka-dj profile image64

OH< RIGHT, I forgot.

I was part of that generation in a previous life! lol

Except I don't believe in reincarnation.

These lame comebacks are boring as.
          Try something original next time. cool

1. profile image0

That generation was fanatics just like the present day Muslims. Now you have no soldiers to fight and die for Jesus, and if anybody come forward to do that they'll be locked up in an asylum. So people are no more idiotic to believe the Jesus story and die for it, is the reason why you can criticize bible and not because of any inherent tolerance of Christianity.  Probably you already knew that and just wanted to feel morally superior to Muslims,  a sign of Christian humility perhaps! Next time remove the log from your eyes before pointing finger, try obeying Jesus for a change.

What does this have to do with crusades, witch burning, etc?

You seem to ramble way off topic.

1. profile image0

"I dare them to try.     (I see a fatwa on it's way).

And the Christians are constantly accused of intolerance." Your words.
                The present day Muslims and the Christians of the yore are the same, intolerant. Then why do you accuse Muslims alone being as intolerant? You would also behave the same if not for the secularists, and your post shows your frustration in not being able to do so.

More like frustration with lame posts like yours.

When was the last suicide bomber a Christian? Please refresh my memory.

riddle is right. Most wars hide behind a religious extreme. In the height of the Crusades they didn't have bombers. But they still did some horrendous things. It's not a bash on Christianity, it's a bash on humanity using something that is meant to be beautiful as a reason to do something ugly

1. profile image0
                      Emile Rposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Some wars hide behind a religious extreme. Not most.

2. profile image0

I think there was somebody called Bush who killed Iraqis because god asked him to do so.

Another called Anders Behring Breivik killed some 85 people in the name of religion, your religion.

Look into the mirror, if it wasn't for the secular people you would also be 'stoning the heretics'.
                    Your moral high ground is not due to your religion which killed people over the centuries but because of the atheists and secularists whom you deride.

"My religion"?

What category are you placing me in?
                      You are 99.999999% chance wrong, but, have your moment of glory.

Did you actually answer this? Maybe I missed something. hmm

When was the last suicide bomber a Christian? Please refresh my memory.

3. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 11 years ago

In this day of moral and ethical  decline why would it surprise anyone to change the rules  ,Lets just adjust the wording of the bible to our  declining character !   If it doesnt fit your lifestyle ,hell ,just change the wording , turn your head the other way !, Gay marriage .....puuuhh !  Lets re-word the origional !   .  Atheistic behavior , deviant moral  practices ?  Just like the laws of today .  Lets just dumb ourselves down one more notch ! Lets just adjust  our   hearts and minds and behaviors down to that of the jungle !  oh yea ............

1. profile image0

Yes, let us keep it unchanged. Let us kill the heretics and keep slaves.

You are probably a slave (to the system) already, so, nothing has changed. lol

1. profile image0

In your case.

2. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What is atheistic behavior?

4. profile image48
      Mtwilliams2010posted 11 years ago

It sounds like there's an underlying issue here.  Everybody is interjecting their opinions about what the "bible" is and isn't, what it's supposed to be and what is shouldn't be.  But the real issue isn't the bible, it's equality and the idea of a right and wrong way of thinking.  None of your opinions, world views and personal observations will be heard by the other parties in discussion as long as your all trying to "impose" your beliefs upon the others. Here's a thought, instead of throwing your opinions "at" each other, why not "lay" all of your opinions "at the table" and use use collaborative observations, critical thinking skill and a little respect for everybody's input to come up with a way to at least communicate and come to some sort of common ground.  Because in the end, do you want your children growing up having a "discussion" like the one at hand?  "/ and if so, think about where it's gotten any of you so far.  I hope that "my input" helps you all in whatever your trying to actual accomplish with yours, because "my observation" is that it's going nowhere "/ peace, blessings and happiness to all of you and your lives ones.

5. profile image0
      ChleotheWitchposted 11 years ago

Apart from Homophobia and inequality toward those set of people, the Bible has many more problems to solve than just that. Although that is a step forward, there is many more things in the Bible such as treating women as inferior.

6. Naomi's Banner profile image72
      Naomi's Bannerposted 11 years ago

That comment is absurd! Bush did not go to war because God told him to!

George Bush has claimed he was on a mission from God when he launched the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, according to a senior Palestinian politician in an interview to be broadcast by the BBC later this month.

Mr Bush revealed the extent of his religious fervour when he met a Palestinian delegation during the Israeli-Palestinian summit at the Egpytian resort of Sharm el-Sheikh, four months after the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003  http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa

Not to mention, Bush's father, Bush senior is infamous for the following comment:
        President Bush made the comments during a campaign stop on August 27, 1988
        at O'Hare airport. He spoke with Robert Sherman, chief spokesman for
        American Atheists:
        RS: "Mr. President, what will you do to win the votes of Americans
        who are Atheists?"
        GB: "I guess I'm pretty weak in the atheist community. Faith in
        God is pretty important to me."
        RS: "Surely you recognize the equal citizenship and patriotism of
        Americans who are atheists?"
        GB: "No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens,
        nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under
        God."

1. Naomi's Banner profile image72
          Naomi's Bannerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You answer with much research on your subject however it doesn't convince me of the truth to what you claim. Heresay from the news media certainly does not convince me.
          Yes, George W prayed and I believe he heard from God on many matters. I don't agree that he said those words. I could be wrong. I would have to hear it for myself before I could believe he said it like that. I believe his words could be misinterpreted.

Seriously?  You don't trust news sources, eyewitnesses and video clips of him actually speaking those words - but you may or may not trust the words of a 6000 year old book that was written by no eyewitnesses and was not faxed from heaven.  Interesting.

The integrity of news media is not what it used to be. Video clips can be doctored. Even if it wasn't doctored I still believe it could have been misinterpreted. I didn't see the clip for myself so hard for me to say. As far as the Word of God that has stood the test of time by all means I believe in faith it is the true spoken Word of God. I base my life on it.

1. psycheskinner profile image84
                psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You really don't see the contradiction?

Contradiction?

You do not accept eyewitness accounts of an actual even that happened less than twenty years ago because it might have been doctored, altered or misinterpreted, yet you believe in the Bible which has known forgeries, additions, was put together for political reasons (new testament) and was written at the very earliest by non-eye witnesses 50 years after the fact.  That is a blatant contradiction, and I don't understand how you justify it in your own head.  You don't even realize that its a contradiction.

Nope! You see all the information you Tate is not based on facts but others opinions. Faith is believing in those things that not seen. I have faith in my God regardless of how things may look. You may find that incredible but trust me God has been there for me through many situations in my life and always came through for me. There is so much wisdom in the word of God. You can't find better anywhere.

7. JRScarbrough profile image76
      JRScarbroughposted 11 years ago

It will just create more divisiveness from religious people. They’ll will call it a fake bible. I don’t know the answer to what this trying to solve, I just notice how things seem to go whenever something like this comes into being.

8. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 11 years ago

Jees ! , Atheists here sure do seem to  have to stand and wave thier bright colorful  flags in the faces of all the others , crying foul the entire time  against those who DO stand to defend thier faith !  The simple truth is  GOD and those of faith, sure seem to 'bother " you an awful lot ! ......NEWS FLASH !  Atheists spend far too much time on the offense about what they beleive to be non-existant ! Hmmmm? .....interesting ....or as I believe  ,are these threads merely the crys of weak of faith searching , searching ?.......

nope you're wrong.  I can't speak for every atheist, but with a theology, ancient languages and apologetics background at a great bible college, I'm an atheist that just likes to debate and find many christian beliefs and justifications and scrambling to defend something that is inherently indefensible to be amusing - thank you very much.  what a weak argument.

2. profile image0

Nonsense. Atheists spent too much time on the offense of those people who spread "ideas about a non-existant thing" that is they oppose those who, according to them, spread lies.
        Atheists oppose those who say there is god, not god, just like you oppose Allah or Thor. Because you oppose Allah or Thor, does that mean they exist as well?
        Does god need your support? God knows what to do with Atheists and if god has let them do what ever they are doing, what is in it for you?

9. brimancandy profile image78
      brimancandyposted 11 years ago

Another comment about the bibles we know today. The bible has been translated, and re-translated many times over. Who knows how many times it was written to make a statement, our re-worded so that some king or person of power could use the word of the bible, (That they probably had someone write into it.) To strike fear into whatever group of people they are trying to control.

There are many documentaries on PBS, and independent news channels, where someone is always trying to pick apart the bible. Some even say that the people who translated the bible weren't even sure that what they re-wrote was accurate. That's probably why there are so many different versions of the bible and so many different religions, because each original writer had their own agenda.

So, to be skeptical of a gay friendly version of a bible, which nobody knows is accurate, is kinda funny. Why don't we just all be in-accurate together! LOL!!

10. Jerami profile image57
      Jeramiposted 11 years ago

Naomi's Banner wrote:
      You see knowledge can sometimes be your worst enemy
      ================

Thinking that a little bit of knowledge is sufficient is very dangerous

You know me not. You frankly don't know what I think really. You base your assumption on one comment in a post. I find it repulsive when " theologians " boast of t here knowledge when it can be God given as well without going to so called " best of schools ". 
        Don't get me wrong I love education and I enjoy knowledge just to find the need to throw it people's face to make a point. When I said I have knowledge I was just making the point that I am not ignorant on the subject. I have studied and know what is up and how the Bible was written. The originals transcribers are not here to tell so all of this knowledges is based on supposition at best. Regardless of how and who I choose to believe. I have had personal in counters with God and believe His Word to be true.

Forgive my typos and my auto corrects.

2. profile image0

That is a lie. God is not a salesman who go around telling/selling stuff for you to believe or to have 'encounter with'. What you believe is people who say what they say is God's words, not God's words and what you say is explanation of your experience based on the belief in humans, ignorant humans.
          And putting down people because they told you the truth and contradicted you is arrogance and shows contempt for education.

You believe it to be a lie tells me you have not experienced such an encounter yourself. I find that sad. I could care less whether or not you are educated or not. I have no contempt for education that is a mistaken assumption on your part of that I assure you. I see you took offense to my comment for that I apologize that was not my intention. I have a great deal of respect for education as a matter of fact. Education should show in the manner in which you conduct yourself without having to throw it in someone's face to make a point. I pray you too will encounter the goodness of God. I so enjoy my fellowship with Him.

1. profile image0

Took offense? For what? I disagreed.
              The experience you say is experienced by countless others from all religions including atheists. Only you chose to ignore other possibilities and other gods because of what you are taught when you were a kid.
              Say I had an accident a few months before, a grave one and I escaped without a scratch, though my car was near gone. If I were a christian I say Jesus saved me and I had a jesus experience, while a Muslim will substitute Allah for Jesus. But there is a factor you all ignore, that there are countless others who can die from the same accident and they are not here to thank. Again considering that, for god, whether you live or die is nothing, because your soul is always with him, he need not consider you or any one particularly, nor need to care whether you live here or there.

You see that is where you show how wrong you are. I am the apple of Gods eye!

you are?  You're god's favorite?  How do you happen to know that little tidbit of glorious (and completely humble) knowledge?

Oh hush!  There are some religious people who- possessing no self-esteem- must rely upon God's love to assure themselves that SOMEBODY loves them.

These are the same folks that say things like "God saved a wretch like me" and "We are not worthy of God's love"

If you take it away then they literally have nothing to make themselves feel worthwhile.  Why would you want to take that away from them?  It's cruel.

It's not cruel.  It's eye-opening.  The reason they FEEL that way is because that's how their god wants them to feel.  They are taught (sometimes from childhood) that "they are weak but he is strong".  They're taught about original sin - how they're held responsible for the mistakes of others generations before them.  God ultimately wants people to feel small, worthless and insignificant - so they recognize how good he is.  If that was a spousal relationship, that would be considered outright abusive - yet when it's god, it's okay.

Furthermore, she stated that she was god's favorite.  I don't think it's out of line to ask for evidence of that.

2. Naomi's Banner profile image72

It is written it the Word of God. You too can be the apple of his eye if you choose Him.

2. profile image0

That is called superiority complex. If you check history, the white men had the same complex and started to make the black men salves thinking them as inferiors. So when you flaunt such beliefs, everybody ought to oppose lest the world goes back to the "good old days" where only a sect was superior and entitled to all good things in life.

No, this is called knowing who you are in Christ. Being sure of your Salvation and all the benefits that come with it. No one is superior to another as all have the same opportunity. God is love and love conquers all fear. Those things you speak of are fear of oppression. With God all in His kingdom are equal so no opportunity for discrimination. I said I am Gods apple of His eye to make a point that all who choose to follow Him are the apple of His eye. Furthermore God has His eye on the world as He loves both you and me. He created us to love. He is seeking your love as well. Won't you give Him a chance? You won't regret it. He takes good care of those who seek Him with all of their heart.

1. profile image0

What you are saying is that I won't regret if I follow you.For every human and animal is equal and he has no partiality. And if he want to say something he will not do a ridiculous act of killing himself but say it in unambiguous words.
                      "who choose to follow Him are the apple of His eye'
                      if god is love then everybody is an apple in his eye irrespective of whether you follow him or not. The people who are dead are also "apples" And you are following not god, but some ancient jews who said they know what god wants/said.

2. A Driveby Quipper profile image56

This is a misrepresentation of the situation. All races have captured, sold and kept slaves except for the Irish.

1. profile image0

I just gave an example. It is ones sense of superiority and entitlement that makes humans does such heinous crimes on his brothers which she was displaying. I am not accusing or pointing fingers, what I said is that all humans are equal.

3. JMcFarland profile image69

First of all, the first person to "Brag" was you.  You asserted that you had plenty of knowledge on the subject, which you then went on to prove was untrue.

Secondly, I'm sorry that I repulse you.  I never claimed to be a theologian, I said I went to a great Bible school, which was true.  The reason I said it was not to brag, but to back up the assertion I was about to state.  In polite conversation or debate, it is common (if not expected) to share your background or qualifications prior to making a claim or an assertion.  I'm sort you don't know that.

I'm also sorry that you went on to prove yourself at best mislead and at worst a liar.  You claimed to have more than adequate knowledge on the subject, then immediately claimed that the gospels were Wooten by the people whose names are on them, completely ignorant of the fact that NO ONE believes that anymore, least of all biblical scholars or historians.  How am I supposed to take anything else you say seriously when you clearly don't know what you're talking about.  You don't care if your beliefs are true.  You don't Cate if the Bible is true.  You want to believe it, so you're going to, no matter what.  I feel sorry for you

I said I had knowledge. I did not say plenty of knowledge. You see how easily a quote can be misconstrued. You make my point!

you said, and I quote:

"Actually I do happen to have knowledge about the bible, how it was inspired then written, how it was interpreted for the English language and also understand that the Hebrew text and Greek texts say it better in many instances due to such a broad scope of meaning to the language however the truth is the truth and it will prevail regardless"

the word "plenty" was my addition, not yours.  You claimed to know how it was inspired then written, how it was translated, etc - but you then failed on the most fundamental level when I asked you who wrote the 4 canonical gospels. 

I did nothing to prove your point, you just further injured your own credibility.  Thanks.

I disagree. I stated simply it is believed that so in so wrote this book and that book. No one knows for certain but there is compelling evidence to believe this good be possible that the books were written by information gathered and documented by these men. I understand there are differing opinions and many of these opinions come from educated men and women. There are many translations out there today that have been re written directly from Greek and Hebrew writings and there is very little differences in these translations. I tend to lean towards these translations. I do keep an open mind by reading and comparing many different versions so as to get the most out of the meaning that the author was trying to convey.
                I appreciate your discussion.

who believes that these books were written by the actual apostles, since almost the entire community of biblical scholars no longer cling to that particular delusion?  There are books upon books upon books on the subject of biblical authorship, dating the gospels, dating everything about the writing of the old and new testaments.  The fact of the matter is that no one dates the earliest gospel until after the destruction of the temple in AD 73, and then the next two gospels (matthew and luke) built on mark's gospel and changed it, etc - then john was written much later than those three.  The weren't written by eyewitnesses, and were therefore hearsay - which is the whole reason you don't believe Bush's well-documented quote on why he went to war.  This brings the conversation full-circle, but you're willing to accept one but not the other without video or actually talking to the man face to face.  Do you not see the inherent problem in that kind of logic - if it can be called logic at all?  I actually do read Greek and Hebrew.  Do you?

I have only studied bits and pieces. I find it a very complex yet compelling language the Hebrew I am speaking of. I can't begin to boast the ability to read. May I ask how you came to learn the languages?

I learned them in college.

4. Jerami profile image57
          Jeramiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am sorry that I didn't see this post earlier.
          You have misunderstood my intent. So I apologize for not making myself more clear.
          I was directing my comment to those who presume themselves wise because they have learned something from a book.   
          I, ...  like you,   have had my encounters that can not be learned from a book.
          We ALL have a "small" portion of wisdom; ... some a tiny bit more than others, but basically about the same.  We learn a single thing and precieve ourselves wise enough to give directions which is a dangerous thing to do.

If this comment sounds offensive to anyone,   Well, I was including myself as a target for this insult.

No problem at all. I tend to get defensive much too quickly as I find my thoughts attacked quite often in these forums.

1. Jerami profile image57
              Jeramiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It is often difficult to follow my train of thought. I tend to walk the middle ground.
              I do understand the point of view which many atheist express concerning the bible and the 1000s of different interpretations coming from it. 
              I believe in the God of Abraham, and that Jesus Christ is the Messiah which was foretold by the prophets of old. I also believe that he fulfilled all of those prophesy as he said that he would. 
              "fulfilled all of those prophesy as He Said "That He Would" ".  This is where I find myself separated from most Christians.

You and I are agreed in this.

11. FatFreddysCat profile image93
      FatFreddysCatposted 11 years ago

I still prefer the LOLcat version:
      http://www.lolcatbible.com/images/thumb/a/a8/Lcb_book.jpg/325px-Lcb_book.jpg

"In da beginnin Ceiling Cat maded teh skiez an da Urfs, but he did not eated dem.

At start, no has lyte. An Ceiling Cat sez, I can haz lyte? An lyte wuz."

That's about how ridiculous this thread is.
        lol lol

S'what I'm sayin'. But at least the kitteh version is cuter.

It should draw a much greater following. lol lol lol

I could totally get behind that. Cheezburgers 'n' invisible bicycles for all!

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
                SomewayOuttaHereposted 11 years agoin reply to this

damn cats!....what about the the luv of puppies!

http://7lulz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/dog-bible.jpg

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
                  Castlepalomaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Get real guys, don't compare dogs and Cats bibles with the Gay bible

Or the wrath of God will be upon your 3 false bibles
                  NO GODS BEFORE ME, THIS IS UNIVERSIAL TRUTH AND KNOWLEDGE SPEACKING

did you mean "speaking"?

No other gods BEFORE me - not that they don't exist...you just can't worship them above Yahweh.  Good to know.

That's actually a really good point.  Doesn't that kind of imply there are more than him if he's worrying about you worshiping them?

12. profile image48
      Mtwilliams2010posted 11 years ago

The commandment, "though shalt have no other gods before me" doesn't necessarily mean that God is acknowledging other "lesser" gods.  Isaiah 45:5 states by God "I am The Lord, and there is none else, no god besides me, i girded thee though thou hast not known me".  It seems to be the acknowledgment of our desire to idolize many things in our lives.  If you remember, when Moses an his people were wondering in the dessert for 40 days and 40 nights, some of his people created a golden calf to worship.  They made that there god for a time for lack of faith.  Despite the fact that God had proven to be powerful and the one to bring them out of captivity with wondrous miracles. 

Other references in the bible would be Paul stated 1 Corinthian 8:4-6  "4) Therefore concerning the eating of things sacrificed to idols, we know that there is no such thing as an
      idol in the world, and that there is no God but one. (5) For even if there are so-called gods whether in heaven or on earth, as
      indeed there are many gods and many lords, (6) yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things, and we
      exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him. 

There are very specific references in the "king James Bible" and it's many translations that clarify every issue brought up here as many more not spoken about. 

Ultimately, this discussion is more about "personal opinion" than factual and logical reasoning if what is and isn't about the "King James" version of the bible. 

I personally have no objections to anyone's "opinions" however, I suggest that if a statement be made about the "King James" version of the bible, that as any good citizen would do, stick to the facts, offer opinions and consider other people's worldview with respect and an open mind.

13. A Driveby Quipper profile image56
      A Driveby Quipperposted 11 years ago

King "get jiggy" James. Man oh man, he could make it rain in the pub!

14. JMcFarland profile image69
      JMcFarlandposted 11 years ago

that's called "Pascal's Wager".  Personally, you have a one in a million shot of being right.  What if the Hindu god is the right one?  Then you've wasted your life praying to the wrong god - and you're just as screwed as the rest of us.  :-)  Good luck with that.

I don't know... if it's Ganesh or Krishna she's probably fine. If it's Shiva or Murugan she might have a few problems.

1. profile image0

Hope it is not Allah or Kronos

Actually Allah is pretty cool about that (Assuming you are talking about the Islamic Allah I'm not sure if Hindus had a God named Allah)  If you read the Quran it's actually possible to go to heaven on good deeds alone.

The Jihadists are taking the easy way out by doing the kill a couple infidels and straight shot thing... kinda like some of the "born again" crowd do with the "just believe in me and you're in" thing.

Straight shot to your virgins or cloud or whatever... no actual work required.

What about zeus our Baal?

Zeus could be interesting... he had a thing for mortal women...most of them did though.  Which Ba'al?

any of them, really - or the original El, for that matter - you know, the midionite god that the Israelites kind of took over when they murdered the entire population.  The god that held out bronze arms and you heated them to red-hot and then offered your children on them to satiate his lust for burning, innocent flesh.  The war god.

Besides, the bible god had a thing for mortal women.  he impregnated one, after all.

I'm not sure impregnation by proxy counts as a "thing". 

Technically if she's correct she will meet Ba'al.  It's more of a title than an actual deity.

Have you ever read David Eddings?  If so it's kinda like the Kal in Kal Torak.... if you've never read it then you have no idea what I am talking about.

nope, never read it.  I'm interested though.

2. profile image0

That is cool,  you kill Allah will take you to heaven, live well the believers take care you reach heaven faster. wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)