NFL Week 15

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (44 posts)
  1. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image72
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 11 years ago

So what team(s) step up this week and what team(s) fall down?

It all starts tonight with the Bengals at Eagles.

Then on Sunday afternoon we have games crucial to the playoff picture where both teams are either fighting for a playoff spot or are jockeying for playoff seed. Games like:

Green Bay at Chicago
    Indianapolis at Houston
    NY Giants at Atlanta
    Denver at Baltimore
    Pittsburgh at Dallas

Then San Francisco at New England on Sunday Night Football

and

NY Jets at Tennessee on Monday Night Football

2. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 11 years ago

Big Blue is coming through.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7467465_f248.jpg

And I get my Braylon back. I have ordered his stickems as until he gets warmed up he may need them <jk>

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7467453_f248.jpg

BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Don't you have a Braylon fathead?

I can't see you pic. But then, I have the parental controls set so I don't see bad stuff.

So I hear Roddy White is talking some smack on the Giants and your boy the Salsa dancer. He's going to to need to really gear it up to motivate him and his teammates to improve on that 24-2 thrashing they got at the hands of Big Blue last season at home in the playoffs. I can't remember who scored the 2 points for the Falcons, but it wasn't Roddy.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
        prettydarkhorseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I can't see the pic either, maybe HP glitch!

wavegirl22posted 11 years agoin reply to this

A Braylon fathead. .now wouldnt that be a great Christmas present Santa could bring me this year. .hehe

As for the Giants. You know they arent just playing for Tiffany .. its all about one for the thumb! Thats right, just keep thinking the Drive for Five wink

3. wavegirl22 profile image48

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/187bjy71qeqskjpg/original.jpg

4. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image72

Seven is Heaven is a lot more meaningful to me than Drive for Five.

But at least your team has had more dances with Tiffany than the Patriots.

Go Eagles tonight!

1. wavegirl22 profile image48

go Eagles?

Not for me.

5. Kasey Reusser profile image62
    Kasey Reusserposted 11 years ago

Tonight's a must win for Cincy to have any hope at the playoffs.  A loss tonight means they have to beat both Baltimore and Pittsburgh to get in.  Not impossible, but not favorable either.  I believe Houston ends Indy's hope of squeaking in a division title.  Denver-Baltimore, Green Bay-Chicago, and San Fran-New England should be three of the best games this week.  Interested to see how it goes.

So Kasey, what is your favorite team? I'm guessing it might be the Broncos. Or the Chiefs and that's why you didn't say.

I can't believe wavegirl is not rooting for the Eagles tonight. If the Bengals and Steelers really stumble and the Jets win out they could sneak into the playoffs.

1. Kasey Reusser profile image62
        Kasey Reusserposted 11 years agoin reply to this

My team is the Denver Broncos.  They're in position to get a first round bye with the thrashing the 49ers are putting on them right now.

6. wavegirl22 profile image48

gotta be first and foremost pulling for the Giants. Iggles could hurt them.

and this is where being a bi polar gets tricky.

I'm real sorry I watched the Iggles last night.

So I guess you must be rooting for the Steelers against the Cowboys, right?

this is where is really gets confusing for me. The Giants are in the postseason for sure, right? They beat the Falcons this weekend would be sweet.

Steelers could hurt the Jets getting in. So I am not sure who I need to root for right now. Cowboys win doesnt change the Giants being in the post season  .. so again I need to take a hard look at all the factors. .

And the heat is on!

No, the Giants are definitely not in the postseason for sure. If the Redskins win out against the Browns, Eagles, and Dallas and the Giants lose one more game the Redskins win the Division based on a better division record. The same is true if the Cowboys win out against the Steelers, Saints, and Redskins. The Giants have two tough games at the Falcons and at the Ravens and then the Eagles.

Now that's with respect to the NFC North. I'm guessing only one team from the North will make the playoffs. To get a wildcard a team would have to beat out the 8-5 Seahawks or 8-5 Bears, in addition to several other teams that are still mathematically in the wildcard picture.

Only way the Giants are in the postseason for sure is if they win their last three games. If they lose a game or two it's all up in the air, depending what the other teams do.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image62

Fair enough :-)

7. wavegirl22 profile image48

BGJack
    How you feeling about the Steelers d this weekend?

Well of course I think the Steelers defense is going to send Tony Romo crying to his mama (Jerry Jones).

The "experts" who develop the projected fantasy points don't appear to agree with me.

I might add that Josh Victorian, Robert Golden, and DeMarcus VanDyke will be playing in the secondary for the Steelers against the Cowboys.

Soon those names will be on the tip of your tongue, just like Tim Tebow is.

who is Tim Tebow again?

The guy on the right:

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7475968_f248.jpg

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62

LOL

Priceless!

8. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image72

Manning up!

Let's go Broncos. That's my first game to mostly pay attention to.

Redskins are going to have a tough battle against the Browns without RGIII. Both teams have rookie quarterbacks, but at least the Browns Weeden has some playing time as opposed to Cousins.

Eli got them cobwebs he needs to rid himself of. . but Wilson is looking like he is ready to bull doze today.

9. wavegirl22 profile image48

all I can say is oy vey!

Ok Steelers bring it on!

10. wavegirl22 profile image48

like i said oy!

Hate to say this. . but the Jets are in position to get into position here, thanks to the Steelers loss.

Just when I think I am cured .. them Jets lure me back in.

Now they just need Tebow to start the last 3 games, win, and through a bizarre set of circumstances, get into the playoffs.  It's not yet out of the question for a repeat of the Tebow cinderella story.  Hey, if the shoe fits?

there is no and I REPEAT no Tebow in the Jets future.

You're probably right.  Mark Sanchez isn't the answer either.  He's not a very good QB.  One of my favorite college football teams is USC, which is where Sanchez came from.  All the USC quarterbacks I can remember in the NFL have been busts.  Sanchez is no different.

I often wonder had Mark had the right coaching and some real targets to throw at what kind of QB he would be today. The Jets surely did him no justice this year. They gave him nothing to work with and everything to work against him. His first 2 years as a Jet was so promising, it seriously makes me sad and mad to see what has transpired.

Im hoping tomorrow night with Braylon back we see some of the magic that once was.

Right now Im nauseous watching the Patriots.

You're exactly right.  That's where Mark and Tim have something in common.  When Tim was in Denver, Elway said he'd work with him, but didn't.  He even had an opportunity to learn under Peyton Manning.  But Elway wanted nothing of that either.  I'm a Broncos fan, but I would love nothing more than to see the Jets make the playoffs and knock the Broncos out of the playoffs. 

I agree about being nauseous watching the Patriots.  I get tired of watching the Patriots play dead and come back.  But they're likely going to lose at this point being down by 10 with under 2 minutes to go.

11. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image72

Well, after yesterday, all I can say is it ain't over until the fat lady sings.

Denver is the only team that has been playing consistently good football as of late and has mostly likely locked up the number two playoff seed and thus will be at home in the postseason except if it would happen to meet Houston in the AFC Championship game. The Broncos final two games are at home against the Browns and Chiefs. I doubt Denver can catch Houston for the number one seed because the Texans hold the tiebreaker due to beating them Week 3.

You have to wonder somewhat about everybody else that is in the playoff picture.

The Patriots in losing to the 49ers last night went from number two to number three playoff seed.

For the Jets to make the playoffs, they have to win out and whichever team prevails in the Bengals or the Steelers matchup this Sunday has to lose its final game.

If the Steelers win their final two games at home vs. Bengals and Browns, they make the playoffs.

I'm not sure about the playoff scenarios for the Giants, but the Redskins have the edge right now and take the NFC North if they win their final two games.

12. wavegirl22 profile image48

Im starting to eat as many double stuffed oreos so this year I can be the fat lady that sings!

But until then here is what I am looking at today. Big Night tonight, I may just go to sleep early and wake up when its over. Though last night SNF was pretty enjoyable. For a minute or 2 there I thought Tom Terrific was going to pull it out, but he didnt so he aint so terrific.

So here goes.. we got a few scenarios for us Jets and Steeler fans. .

Scenario 1
    NYJ Win Out: @ TEN (4-9), vs. SD (5-9), @ BUF (5-9)
    IND Loses Out: @ KC (2-12), vs. HOU (12-2)
    Outlook: The Colts have a golden opportunity to punch their ticket this weekend against a woeful Chiefs team that was just shutout by the Raiders. Even if KC pulls off the stunner, the Texans may have nothing to play for in Week 17. If Houston knocks off Minnesota this weekend (no gimme the way Adrian Peterson is running the rock), they will be the AFC’s No. 1 seed.

Scenario 2
    CIN: W @ PIT (7-7), L vs. BAL (9-5)
    Outlook: Huge game at Heinz Field in Week 16. The Bengals have lost six straight to the Steelers, but Pittsburgh looks like a vulnerable club. If the ‘Nati wins on the road, they will come back to the Jungle to face a struggling Ravens team that has already clinched a playoff berth.

Scenario 3
    PIT: W vs. CIN (8-6), L vs. CLV (5-9)
    Outlook: December is usually time the Steelers get hot, but the Men of Steel are on a two-game slide after losing to the Cowboys 27-24 in OT. Yet they still control their own destiny with two home games. If the Steelers can cage the Bengals, they can secure a berth with a victory over an improved Browns team.

Yep, the Steelers control their own destiny. Win the last two games and they are in the playoffs as a wildcard.

Same for the Giants. Win their last two and they are in the playoffs, at least as a wild card.

I don't see the Steelers or Giants losing either of their last two games.

I don't see the Steelers losing either of the last two games either.  They've owned Cincy and after turning the ball over 7 times @Cleveland, I expect they'll be fired up and beat Cleveland in the season finale.  For the Jets, the most likely scenario is Cincy beating Pittsburgh than relying on Cleveland to beat them.  Jets have to beat Tennessee or all the Jets talk is a moot point.

As for the Giants, the question with them is "Which Giants team is going to show up?"  The Giants certainly can beat the Ravens, but even though the Broncos beat the Ravens, Peyton Manning didn't put up great numbers.  You can run against the Ravens, but passing yards are hard to come by.  Not to mention they don't want to go on the road in the first round of the playoffs, so I would suspect they'll come out fired up against NY since they have a chance to clinch at home before going to Cincy.

Actually the Steelers had 8 turnovers against the Browns, but what's one more. You can't turn the ball over like that and expect to win. Turnovers at critical times cost the Steelers the game against the Cowboys.

What with the parity in the NFL, turnovers become the deciding factor in many games, like last night what with Sanchise throwing 4 picks in a close game. That and the 94-yard run by Chris Johnson. What defense were the Jets playing on that one? Stack the box with all 11 players? Or most of them anyway.

13. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image72

So it would appear Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez are getting a divorce.

Greg McElroy to start this week instead of Sanchise. Time for the Jets to look for a new savior. Doesn't look like Tim Tebow is going to be resurrected either.

Maybe the Jets need someone like this to turn things around . .fat chance it ever happens. .

But as the Jets give no football joy this article sure did.

Why SNF is Number One on TV

That's a great article!

Especially because it's about my favorite game of the season so far, Pittsburgh at Cincinnati Week 7. Unfortunately, Willie Colon won't be playing this Sunday against the Bengals due to injury.

I recorded that Week 7 game and I've been watching it again the past couple days. And I'll watch it again before the rematch happens on Sunday.

14. profile image0
    Sarra Garrettposted 11 years ago

Go Patriots!!!

Did you watch the replay of the 49ers at Patriots last night on NFL Network at 9:30 pm?

That was an awesome game.

1. profile image0
        Sarra Garrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It was an awsome game!!!

Yeah, but Tom Brady was so ticked off the Patriots lost he wouldn't talk to the media after the game. So Gronk did it for him:

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7487556_f248.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)