You can now move your Questions to your subdomain

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (152 posts)
  1. Simone Smith profile image88
    Simone Smithposted 12 years ago

Last week we announced that we're moving Questions to subdomains. Now, you have the option to transfer your Questions early!

You can make this transfer happen by visiting the new Q&A section of My Account- just be aware that the switch cannot be reversed.

For more information about the change, plus a guide to setting up a custom channel on AdSense that tracks the earnings you make from your Questions, stop by our blog post announcing the update.

1. Linda Bliss profile image85
      Linda Blissposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is great. I'm really surprised to see how many views my questions are getting - some are actually performing better than some of my hubs(!)

I've set up the custom channel on Adsense too and I'm really curious to see how the questions will perform there. How exciting! :-)

1. Sinea Pies profile image61
        Sinea Piesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I hadn't thought of setting it up on Adsense. Smart thinking!  I'm going to do it too.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You guys truly are totally awesome.

And a special thank you to Ari Lamstein!

I'm going to make use of this new enhancement to the maximum potential.

1. IzzyM profile image88
        IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

haha, I've only asked 2 questions ever! Guess I never understood the function very well, and am still a bit lost.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60

Start exploring!smile I think there is money to be made here.

3. molometer profile image78
      molometerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Simone this will be helpful and save us all a lot of time.

4. Xenonlit profile image60
      Xenonlitposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've done the transfer. I haven't done that well with question but anything helps! Thanks for the extra chance at some revenue.

5. safiq ali patel profile image68
      safiq ali patelposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Each time you ask a new question do we need to link that question to adsense or is that done automatically.

2. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 12 years ago

Thanks for this. I transfered my Questions and I was surprised at how many views they had received.

1. profile image0
      Ari Lamsteinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad that you enjoyed seeing this Michael.  As I was implementing this feature, I was personally surprised to see the distribution of traffic to my own questions - some had gotten many more views than others.  Also, I saw that many questions which I had asked a long time ago, and completely forgotten about, had gotten a lot of traffic.

1. Michael Willis profile image67
        Michael Willisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I had forgotten about one question asked and it had a lot of views!
        A question though; when the questions are moved, will hubbers still see them in the hubpage answers section?

1. profile image0

Yes, that will not change.

Ari, please do something about allowing us to EDIT our questions for at least a few minutes after we post them!!! 
            I created a question, then went back to correct a misspelling. After I published the question, it went back to the misspelled word, even though I corrected it before publishing!!!
            I deleted, but now have to wait 24 hours to re-post. I am beginning to  think this new program is a waste of my time if it has too many glitches to warrant using it.

3. ngureco profile image81
    ngurecoposted 12 years ago

I transferred my questions. A good number of questions did not do well as compared to hubs. But I was quite surprised that a single question can generate far more views than 200 hubs combined.

1. profile image0

Can you share which question this is, and how much traffic it's received?

1. ngureco profile image81
        ngurecoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It was one of those simple questions that people are constantly looking for its answers. It had more than a million views and still adding up.

4. Shanna11 profile image75
    Shanna11posted 12 years ago

This is awesome! Thanks Hubpages Staff!

5. FloraBreenRobison profile image59
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years ago

Hi, Simone and Ari.
    I mentioned in a post on the previous thread that this was going to happen that I am at this point unable to delete answers which had been hidden from view due to negative feedback, even though I see the words "Delete Answer." I click on them and the only thing that happens is that I am brought to the top of the page. Is this just a bug with my browser or have I simply not been on this subdomain long enough?

1. profile image0

I will look into this and report back to you.

2. profile image0

This is indeed a bug.  We will work on a fix.

1. FloraBreenRobison profile image59
        FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Ari. smile

2. FloraBreenRobison profile image59

Just started deleting those hidden answers. So glad to get those removed.  Thanks again, Ari.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
          lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh is it working now? I'm off to delete those answers then
          Thanks Flora for letting me know and Ari for making it happen

3. profile image0

We just submitted a fix for this.  Can someone please try to delete a hidden answer again, and confirm that it now works?

6. Charlu profile image77
    Charluposted 12 years ago

This is so incredible and such a time saver.  Thank you all so much. I'm also grateful for your making it so easy (for us not so techno) to do.

7. Sue Adams profile image96
    Sue Adamsposted 12 years ago

So are all the new questions we ask automatically added to our domain once we transferred the existing ones?

Hello Sue. I transfered mine earlier. I then asked a question and it automatically showed up in my Q&A stats.

8. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Per the blog, I was going to put http://xnevermindx.hubpages.com/question/ into the Google Adsense url.

However, I decided to try it in the browser address bar first. It came back 404.

Do I go ahead and plug it into Google Adsense anyway?

[edit] For future folks with same question. The answer is yes. I say that because the same thing happens when the last word is "hub", instead of "question"; and the "hub" thing obviously works.

[edit] In fact, this caused me to put in the "hub" url as well. Between HP-root, my-root, hub, and question; I can now even tell when a referral click or profile page click shows up; no trolling through analytics required.

Simone Smithposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey paradigmsearch- yeah, that URL would come back 404 because it doesn't lead to anything in particular, but that channel you're opening up includes everything within that URL- and all of your Questions are.

1. Flavie Lolol profile image65
        Flavie Lololposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The ads views on our questions are not registering on Adsense accounts. May you, please, confirm this?

It should be 60-40 right?

A possible impending adsense url problem re: "/question/" path.

"paradigmsearch.hubpages.com/hub/" does not work in adsense for me.

However,

"hubpages.com/hub/" does work for me.

And, yes. Both "paradigmsearch.hubpages.com" and "hubpages.com" work for me.

So far, neither of the question's versions of the above work for me. So it looks to me like there are two issues:

A. The fact that "paradigmsearch.hubpages.com/hub/" does not work, but that "hubpages.com/hub/" does work means that there is something wrong in that realm that will also apply to the question-version of same.

B. The fact that "hubpages.com/hub/" works, but "hubpages.com/question/" does not work, means that there is also some sort of second issue that needs to be looked into.

Even if this is an individual account situation, it's a good bet that I'm not unique. So the matter is still worth following up.

Whatever the situation is, I hope this helps.

UPDATE!

"hubpages.com/question/" is now working along with "hubpages.com/hub/". Looks like Item B has gone away.

Item A is still in play in that neither "paradigmsearch.hubpages.com/hub/" nor "paradigmsearch.hubpages.com/question/" are working yet; even though "paradigmsearch.hubpages.com" does work.

re: bolded: I just noticed that the URL's are not displaying in adsense that last slash after "hub" and "question" It's the ones without that last slash that are working.

So, I went through and entered both ps.hp.com and hp.com "hub"'s and "question"'s with and without that last slash. We'll see which ones have data in them tomorrow. Maybe it's that last slash that's causing username.hp.com/question/ to not work. Or not. big_smile

Keep us updated smile
            I'll modify mine as well then big_smile

This whole adventure has reminded me what a shambles my current adsense url list is.

Half are hubpages.com/huburl. Half are paradigmsearch.hubpages.com/huburl. Half are http://blahblahblah. Half are just the blahblahblah without the http://. All of this mess seems to be working, but it still makes me cringe every time I dial it up. I'm thinking of deleting the whole list and starting from scratch. I've still got the analytics data if I need to know something.

Haha mines just individual hubs, But when I added the URL of my question page I deleted all the individual hubs and included just the general main profile link But, as you say I wonder about the / and no / big_smile

Well, folks. The directory that was working has now stopped working. The directories that weren't working still aren't. Between the fact that the whole question-upgrade is still beta and that HP is overhauling the entire site in general, I've decided to just table the matter for a week or whatever.

Ok smile Thanks for informing smile

2. Flavie Lolol profile image65

Paradigmsearch, adsense pub codes has not been activated on our questions. I believe they are still trying to fix it.

If you want to find out, you can create a url channel to track one of your questions. You can create another url channel to track one of your hub so that you can compare the results. Make sure you use the full url except that you have to omit http:// as follows:

1. yourusername.hubpages.com/hub/yourhubtitle
                2. yourusername.hubpages.com/question/yourquestionnumber/yourquestiontitle

Give it three hours or so, and then look at the data in your adsense account.

9. SimeyC profile image88
    SimeyCposted 12 years ago

Is there a limit to the number of questions you can ask daily?

Yesterday, it was 10.

Today? Who knows? big_smile

It has always been ten questions for every 24 hours. It’s like you are allocated ten slots to fill with questions every 24 hrs. Once a slot has been filled with a question, that particular slot will need to stay for 24 hours before you can fill it again with a question.

1. SimeyC profile image88
          SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That must have been turned off - I spammed the Q&A section big_smile with at least twenty questions during the last 24 hours!

WTG! lol

I will try to match that today. Happy Friday all!

What the... I just went to do my second question of today (though probably my 10th in 24 hours) and got this: "Sorry, you have reached your daily limit for asking questions. Please come back later."

I guess some of us are more loved than others. lol

Come on HP, I'm doing my best to post high quality questions. I was going to dedicate my entire day to this. Please...............smile
              http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4710128.gif
              -----------paradigmsearch-----------

Oops!!!! Maybe they allocated all question limits to me! big_smile

If I toss you some Twinkies, could you allocate some back? big_smile

LOL sure! Of course -you could tell me all the questions you want, and I'll ask them and share the Google Adsense with you - honest!

2. Charlu profile image77
                  Charluposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No it's not limited to either of you because it happened to me too.  I was so pleased with the responses I was on a roll and then came what felt like was a slap in the face.  I hadn't even transferred them yet.
                  Never the less I wrote them down, waited (extremely difficult for me) and started again.
                  It will probably happen again today but I'll have fun while I'm doing it

2. Simone Smith profile image88

Heya! To set the record straight, it has always been 10 smile

Can I bribe you with office donuts?

2. FloraBreenRobison profile image59

There has always been a limit. It's just that now we have a subdomain of Q&A it is more noticeable because we are more interested in asking questions.

But the limit doesn't seem to be working for me! I've asked 22 questions on 3/23? Perhaps it's an hourly limit?

It did say 24 hours when I tried crossing it earlier in the month. Btw how do you get so many questions tongue

I'm a highly inquisitive guy big_smile

Haha I noticed that wink

2. lobobrandon profile image88

Unless the limit is withdrawn now that we have them on our subdomains

1. molometer profile image78
            molometerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Lobobrandon,

This is a handy new feature. Pretty cool!

Yup it is smile

10. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 12 years ago

I think I am a bit like Izzy, I only ever asked one question in the two years I was here - Guess it is time to ask a few more, especially if I could earn from it!!

11. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

Cool Beans. Transferred. I will also share this link in the groups on FB. Thanks smile

12. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

Has anyone transferred their questions to the subdomain yet? If so, is it worth the trouble as far as earnings go?

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

I've transferred them - it's hard to tell whether it's beneficial or not - but I do see a slight upward trend in my main hubs - could be a coincidence of course.

I'm going through all my questions as we speak and deleting all the crap! Wow I've asked some really stupid questions over the years!

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The "it's irreversible" thing makes me hesitate in doing so until I find out what the advantages--or disadvantages--are.  yikes

I'm not too worried about that  -I can always delete all my questions!!!

So then, it's not irreversibly irreversible?  lol

lol I guess not - although if it damages the sub-domain, then deleting questions could be like closing a gate after the horse bolts!

Come to think of it, my subdomain couldn't be damaged much more than it is already!  sad

One thing that is not related to earnings that made me love this option of the subdomain is the fact that there have been answers to questions I asked which, to my interpretation, were nasty in tone. To be able to delete those responses, as I've said earlier in this thread, was a major motivator for me. The two answers I just deleted were quite cruel and had made me cry when I first read them. Even though they were hidden from view, I knew they were there.

13. Reality Bytes profile image74
    Reality Bytesposted 12 years ago

This might be a silly question.  Will we earn through Adsense or does one have to be signed up for the HP ads program?

Read the blog post, its written that for now only Adsense ads will be displayed so you'll be earning through Adsense

2. Jason Menayan profile image60
      Jason Menayanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not a silly question. At least at first, only AdSense ads will be served onto Answers pages on your subdomain. We will look to integrate Ad Program ads down the line.

1. Flavie Lolol profile image65

I created an URL channel to track the Google AdSense revenue as explained in the blog. The ..http://myusername.hubpages.com/question/ channel that I created is showing ‘no data’. The Statistics section on my Hubpages account shows there has been views to my questions.

Have the ads displayed on my questions been activated so that I can earn Adsense revenue from ads posted on my pages?

14. paradigmsearch profile image60

This answer just showed up on one of my questions:

"Why are you asking so many questions? Are you feeling very worried?"

big_smile

If you read some of my recent questions I probably look like an alcoholic over-eater, who has a weight problem and doesn't sleep. Hmmmmmmm wow that is me! LOL

I seriously was tempted to answer - seriously can you really not go to sleep or do you just need a hub on it?? Oh just read your post again "and doesn't sleep" I was right in not considering them to be true wink

Actually I do have a problem getting to sleep and sleeping properly! So some of the questions are true questions....

Oh ok smile Got it some are true others are make believe smile

Here's another answer I got to another one of my questions. The implications were quite clear... This one I'm paraphrasing.lol

"Look it up on Google, you dork."

15. profile image0
    BRIAN SLATERposted 12 years ago

I've just tried deleting a few replies to some of my questions and I can still see them. It says I can undelete them but I would just like to get rid of them. Is there something wrong or does it take a few hours before they get deleted completely?

I deleted mine and they are shown in lighter font colour to me. But no one else can see them. Just me.

1. profile image0
        BRIAN SLATERposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh ok Flora that is what I'm seeing. Do you know if they will disappear completely?

No idea. Perhaps Ari can answer this?

1. CMHypno profile image82
            CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Its like when you delete a hub - you are given a 24hr period to change your mind so that is why you see the paler text with the line through.  If you don't reinstate the hub/question in that time period it will permanently disappear from your account to be seen no more.

Thanks for clearing that up. smile

16. paradigmsearch profile image60

My questions just hit the 100 answers mark. I have already alerted the media. big_smile

1. RedElf profile image90
      RedElfposted 12 years agoin reply to this

cool

17. shoeclub profile image60
    shoeclubposted 12 years ago

This is great! I will have to start getting into the questions area a little bit more now.

18. MM Del Rosario profile image84
    MM Del Rosarioposted 12 years ago

Question to Jason M or to Ari

Is there a way that we can edit old questions? I have a few that I would like to rephrase the question instead of deleting it. Thanks

On a blog comment of March 15th, 2012, Simone Smith wrote this:

“We might add an ability to fix mistakes in a Question soon after asking it, but the problem is that once Answers are submitted, Questions should not be changeable. The current option can work in a pinch: just delete that Question and re-ask it”.

2. lobobrandon profile image88

IF that was allowed you could change the question to anything you wish after getting answers for something else. I'm not saying you'll do it; but, there surely are people who would misuse that opportunity.

1. MM Del Rosario profile image84
        MM Del Rosarioposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The questions that I would like to repharase are questions that don't have answers yet.. if i rephrase it, maybe change keywords (SEO it) it may attract hubbers to answer, instead of deleting it....

If u dont have answers delete it and ask it again it will also move up the queue and may fetch some answers

19. johnakc profile image40
    johnakcposted 12 years ago

That is great and would be very help full with respect to SEO point of view.

20. ripplemaker profile image76
    ripplemakerposted 12 years ago

Awesome! smile

21. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 12 years ago

Once we transfer questions to our subdomain, can we post links to our hubs on our questions?

It would be great to ask a question to get people's opinions, but also to let them know that I've done research on the answer, and the experts' solution to this problem is available on my hub.

22. Peggy W profile image96
    Peggy Wposted 12 years ago

Ari or Jason,  I have a question.  This entire Q & A section is wonderful and certainly generating more views and getting answers.  My question is this...Is there any way that when a person actually writes a hub based upon a question that it could be differentiated from just a numbered answer?  The way it is now, I have to scroll down through the entire list and check through all of the answers to see if anyone has published something.  This takes a lot of time.  Perhaps an asterick or something could be added to the table?  That would be awesome particularly as the list of questions grows.  Would hate to ignore a person's efforts who has taken the time to write a hub.  Thanks!  smile

I'd like that too.

23. paradigmsearch profile image60

lol

2. Randy Godwin profile image61

You should always answer a query when it concerns someone's lack of knowledge about toilet paper!!  lol

1. Peggy W profile image96
        Peggy Wposted 12 years agoin reply to this

smile

3. FloraBreenRobison profile image59

Oh, my. I don't know whether to laugh or delete the answer-oh, wait. It's not my sub-domain. I can't delete the answer. Guess I will just have to laugh.

I'll delete the critter eventually, once I'm done laughing... big_smile

24. paradigmsearch profile image60

According to google analytics, my questions don't exist.

A. Is it still too soon for me to be concerned about this?

B. I'd be interested in knowing other folks current Questions vs G.A. status.

I wonder if this means that no one has clicked on your ads? I've never been very good at analyzing that page. I just look to see if anything has had clicks and money has been made.

25. paradigmsearch profile image60

Well, I just got another answer that basically said to go google it.

Apparently, we've still got some folks here that haven't grasped the concept that the whole intent here is that that is where the reader came from in the first place.

Tough town the internet.

26. paradigmsearch profile image60

On a separate note:

The good news is that I just broke the 1,000 views barrier.

The bad news is, as near as I can tell, not one view came from any search engine. So much for the intent mentioned in my previous post.

Really tough town the internet.

Then again, maybe not. When the search engines do discover the questions, they will by then hopefully have a whole bunch of answers associated with them. Maybe even enough to knock Yahoo's usually lame questions/answers off the front page.

27. SimeyC profile image88

Anyone seeing any questions appearing on their 'analysis' in Adsense or Analytics? I've setup a URL channel in Adsense - and I'm assuming my Analytics account for my sub-domain should show Questions as they automatically are showing videos, hubs and slideshows.

A little concerned that they are not showing up, especially as I've had quite a few visits so far....

I saw your accolades, I'd guess that at an absolute minimum your views are 10 times mine.smile

Both adsense and analytics are still showing nothing for me neither.

Don't think so! Over the last seven days I'd say we're about the same probably? Not sure if we're allowed to post stats on here - far too lazy to go read the TOS. But I read somewhere you'd just hit the 1000 mark - was that for the week? My is not that much more for the last seven days.

The accolades routinely rat us out on hub traffic and question answers; so I'm guessing we're safe tos-wise. Alas, I did not have 1,000+ views in 7 days; maybe next week. big_smile

I had 1500+  - but then I've spammed the Q&A section with about 3,000,000 questions!

Not fair! lol HP still slams the door in my face whenever I hit 10 questions within any rolling 24-hour period. I'm guessing that when the answer-accolade count reaches a certain level, HP removes the 10-question daily limit.

28. SimeyC profile image88

Thanks for the statistics.....but.....is there anyway to get a 'traffic source' section just like we have for Hubs?

I know I can get this on a question by question basis but I do have a couple of questions now smile so it would really help me if I could have an overall snapshot of the traffic sources.

Thanks!

29. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

I asked two questions and have had a massive total of 36 views over a week. I really wanted answers to those questions. One has received satisfactory answers, while the sole answer to the second one has ignored the statements I made about the information I need to have in the answer.

I don't think I will be spending much time on this feature.

I'm not going to be going out of my way to ask questions. I prefer writing hubs and doing other stuff instead for now.

30. paradigmsearch profile image60

I just took a look. The questions are pouring in...

You mean the questions are pouring in or are the visits to your questions pouring in? I'll ask only when I have something good to ask smile

31. paradigmsearch profile image60

I see that the Questions Stats Page now has Blue Arrow capability. That's a good thing; knowledge is power.

My serious question is:

When I see a blue arrow on one of my questions, what the heck is there for me to do in response to the situation? smile Usual hub options don't relate here.

Thought I would bump this. I really am looking for answers here, even any answers that seem obvious. Maybe I've got some sort of mental-block thing going...

One thing I am considering is writing complimentary hubs - I can then add links to any questions to relate to the hub and hopefully get clickthroughs that way.

I'd then do the normal SEO for the Hub.....

I'm looking into how to get a question ranking highly too.....

I really wish HP would trust us enough to let us edit them after the fact. Unethical conduct could be flagged just like with the hubs. Maybe even have question-hopping for any question detected as being edited.

2. WriteAngled profile image75
          WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The problem I have with this concept is that I have no control over the quality of the answers received. If I get scrappy answers or illiterate answers, these will drag down the quality of my subdomain. Well, I can delete the question, I suppose in order to get rid of the unwanted answers, but that is a drastic solution. I certainly would not wish to draw attention to those answers.

Secondly, if I am writing a hub on a topic, I already have knowledge about it, so I do not see the point of asking questions related to those issues.

If I ask questions to which I genuinely want to get answers, it means I do not have sufficient knowledge to write a good hub about that subject area. Thus I will not have any related hubs on which to feature those questions, even if I do receive brilliant answers. 

So I'm a bit puzzled as to how to use this question business to greatest advantage.

You can delete individual answers. New feature.

2. SimeyC profile image88

I'm not sure what the rules are, but you can actually answer your own questions and create hub on your own questions - (you won't win the competition though) - while I don't encourage this, I would think that if a question doesn't get a decent answer or gets no answers, doing your own research and creating a hub out of the research would be OK????

3. ngureco profile image81

This is my observation, repeat, just my observation, which may be very wrong:

1.Questions with less than 5 answers had a tendency of not performing well.

2.Questions with at least 5 answers had a tendency of performing fairly well.

3.Questions that got more than 20 answers performed even better.

4.Questions with more than 20 answers had a very long column of answers for your readers to make use of ads on that page.

5.It would seem like its better to close your question once it gets past 20 answers. Sometimes you would get just one good hubber who would answer the question explicitly well with sufficient enough content that you would close it and sing, hallelujah. You certainly would vote up such an answer and go to his/her profile to learn more about such a person because it’s always a good thing to be associated with such a hubber.

6.It should be about time to make a hub of your own, if you can, on a question making at least 5 answers.

7.Pay special attention to the choice of your titles just as you would when you make hubs. And this seems to be the most difficult one since a long title that may attract more answers from your fellow hubbers is unlikely to attract good external traffic, and vice versa.

8.Generally, hubs had a higher tendency of performing far much better than questions.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
            DzyMsLizzyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Except that HP has removed the option for closing a question.....

No. All the options are still there at the top of your question in this order:
              Stats –delete - disable ads - close question

Yep - I still see the close question option.

2. Peggy W profile image96

What time would you allow to get at least 5 answers (preferably more) before deleting a question for poor performance?  A week, a month...?  Just curious.

I have not mentioned anything to do with deleting a question. What I said is that questions with fewer answers (little content) seem to have a lower probability of getting many views (if you have 100 questions and each gets 10 views …that is still traffic for you).

According to your OP--

"5.It would seem like its better to close your question once it gets past 20 answers."   (italics mine).

Delete/close question WAS missing for a while...I had even asked about it, and HP confirmed that it was "no longer an option."  So I had not noticed if they've brought it back.  Not "delete," but "close."  slight difference, there...

Hi DzyMsLizzy,

"Close your question" in this case meant you shut your question from getting more answers. If your question has five answers and you close your question means it can not be able to get the sixth answer.

Is there any benefit to doing that?  I would think that one would hope for more responses than just 20.  Am I wrong in that assumption?

2. Howard S. profile image89
                  Howard S.posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I've wondered for a long time whether it was possible to delete a question or to close it oneself (HP closed one of mine, and I concur). Dzy indicates it must be possible, but I can't figure out where or how--or whether it the options have been restored, which the thread seems to indicate. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Or definitively state that the options are gone? Thanks.

SimeyCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Go to My Account -> Q&A
                    Click on the question you want to delete.
                    You get all the answers and buttons at the top that allow you to delete.

2. Peggy W profile image96

Thanks ngureco.  Is it ever smart to close a question?

32. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

I have no idea what to do over at Adsense and Analytics is even more confusing. However, at least Adsense now automatically list sites with earnings, so I don't have to worry!

Analytics is easy to use- at least the part I check out. Just browse through and you'll learn about it yourself. Just two days back I logged onto Analytics and noticed there's a in page analytics and realized that one of my hubs has an average time view of 10 minutes! I wonder what people check out big_smile

It helps you decide which hubs people are interested in and I've added polls and quizzes to that hub and it's doing quite well I guess.

Just explore that's how you learn.

No one is born knowing all things smile - Whenever you have spare time check it out

33. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 12 years ago

I'm not sure I understand.  I have a notification reading, "This is a preview offering to transfer Questions to your subdomain and enable revenue sharing. This is an irreversible process and cannot be undone."

Yet, in this forum information, it appears that soon there will be no choice; it will simply be done for us.

I do not understand.  How will this affect our existing hubs sub-domain?  Will it be yet another new one?  Or will it be a sub of the sub to our hubs? (And no, I was not trying to rhyme and be funny....it just worked out that way wink )

Will this be one more thing we need to promote?  (I don't have time for that...)  ..

In short, I don't understand ... ...  "so call me duuummmmy, of the morrrnnnning..." oh...ok, I'll stop singing now... lol

Hi Liz,

I think it is the same subdomain and from what I gather it will be done eventually anyway...so why not move it now and start potentially earning money from it.  Hope I am right in my assumption since that is what I did.  I do notice some ads on the pages.

As to how long to keep non performing questions before deleting them...that has yet to be answered.  I am also trying to decifer the "in's and out's" of this new feature.

You are no "duuummmmy, of the morrrnnnning" however now that song is in my head.  Ha!

LOL  Peggy--so we are from the same era... wink

So--now I suppose the adjunct to the original question is,  does it matter if it is a 'brief answer' or if a hub was made to answer the question? 
        Will the hub-answer still count just as a hub, or will it count as a question, or possibly double-dip, instead?

Hi Liz,

Hi Liz,

Any hub will always count as a hub and I would think that is the IDEAL situation that one could hope for in presenting questions...that a hub would be written. 

That angel of the morning tune is still resonating.  smile

big_smile  (Hee hee)

34. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

In looking at my own answers to questions from other Hubbers, I saw one answer (of mine) that I liked, but which had received some negative votes.  That raised the question to me:  What happens if the Question-Owner deletes my answer?  Will it still be visible to me and the Questioner, but not to anyone else?

Or should I make a copy of it, just in case it does get deleted?  I might decide to use it in a Hub at some time in the future, and so I don't want to lose it completely - if it can be salvaged.

Because short answers are treated just like comments on others' Hubs, I would recommend keeping a copy of your work in case it gets deleted. Generally speaking, the safest way to go is to create a Hub Answer to Questions, since those exist on your own subdomain.

I was wondering if people do create hubs based on questions and then the question is deleted does the box on the right of that hub that states "This hub was created ..... " disappear or will it be a broken link? Just curious smile

1. AliciaC profile image94
          AliciaCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'd like to know the answer to this question too.

2. Aficionada profile image80
        Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the info/response.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)