Is the world going to end in three days?

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (158 posts)
  1. Michele Travis profile image66
    Michele Travisposted 11 years ago

The world is supposed to end on Dec. 21, 2012.  Am I still going to have to pay my bills?

1. Castlepaloma profile image74
      Castlepalomaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Bills, you can be sure of

2. The0NatureBoy profile image56
      The0NatureBoyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The end of the world is not what 12/21/2012 is about, it's the completion of a cycle which should bring major changes to civilization.  When I use it with Yoshua's or Jesus' instructions to learn the parable of the fig tree ... a generation will not pas until all is fulfilled Matthew 24:32-34) I say it's when this civilization begin its setting to be completed no later than 2028 when using Psalms 90:10's 70 to 80 years for the passing of a generation. 

Of course you will have to continue to pay your bills so long as the businesses you owe them to remains in business. 

3. Shyron E Shenko profile image68
      Shyron E Shenkoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't know, but if it does, it will not be because of the Mayans.  Only God knows.

Why do most Christian fear hell when you got the concept of the End of the World to help gain members

So the threat of the "End of the world party" continuies. As the stomach turns, for Days of our lives

4. Efficient Admin profile image85
      Efficient Adminposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, we all should carry on and pay our bills because according to Scripture the world will not end on December 21, 2012 because Jesus said when He returns it will be like a thief in the night, very unexpected, and I believe this goes for Christians as well.  So no the world is not going to end, because everyone is expecting it to end.

5. jessonMaroon profile image58
      jessonMaroonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No, the world is not going to end on 21st Dec. As per the calenders of various  civilizations, the calender circle is going to end and some new era is going to start.
      But, what actually happens, God knows.

6. profile image0
      Rad Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If there is anything humans have learned for all of these domesday events is it's always best to get rid of all you money, since it's impossible for the rich to get into heaven. I have a solution for all who are afraid of hell. Send me a personal email and I'll send you a guilt free passage into heaven, by releasing you of all your money. Act now, I can't do this all day.

Can I be partners, how about land too?

1. profile image0

I only want cash money, no time to make land contracts. Act fast.

Take the money and run, your righteous

2. janesix profile image59
    janesixposted 11 years ago

yawn

Michele Travisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I know,  sorry,  not very good at forums.
      but they Mayans said it was going to end.  Well so did someone else, but I forgot who it was

1. tammybarnette profile image60
        tammybarnetteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I heard someone say , "the end of the world as we know it," ...maybe...

That could be true.

2. Sally's Trove profile image79
        Sally's Troveposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Take a look here to find out what Mayans really think about 12/21/12:

http://pattyinglishms.hubpages.com/hub/ … ans-On-PBS

So I am going to have to pay my bills.,

1. Sally's Trove profile image79
            Sally's Troveposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Probably. And so will I! mad

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
              Patty Inglish, MSposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I also!

Ohhhh
                And taxes next year!

3. Shyron E Shenko profile image68
        Shyron E Shenkoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

My Bible says, not even the Angels know when the end will come, (Mark 13:32).   I will believe the Bible over the Mayans, every time.

1. Nursey profile image60
          Nurseyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You don't understand what it's all about. The end of the world is a great reason for us girls to get our roots done and for our hubbies to buy us new gowns! ♥ ♥ ♥

3. Michael-Milec profile image60
    Michael-Milecposted 11 years ago

... Supposed to.. This present generation as any other has created it's own excitement about " end of the world." ( in my recollection similar prediction had happened there times already ) . The end of this social system  ,though is nearing. No one knows the exact time of its occurrence. By the predictions of the One who let to know to those who choose to " know " it all, He said " and this GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM will be preached  in the whole world as a testimony  to all nations and then the end will come..." ( Matt. 24:14 )
    [ more then one element of this section is not comprehensively looked through...]

And Jesus did tell the Apostles only His Father knew.

4. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

No.

5. SimeyC profile image87
    SimeyCposted 11 years ago

I certainly hope not - I have quite a few end of world hubs that are doing really well - I just have to amend them for the next 'end of world' date!

1. Michael-Milec profile image60
      Michael-Milecposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You might be repeating some over again...  This social system has to endure much more surprising catastrophes  to come before the end of old and a new to come .

Such as those written in Revelation.  Many of them seem to be happening now.  Wars have gotten worse. You understand what I mean.   But,  we truly do not understand.

Exactly. Things are already happening . Some we do not understand , many we won't ; however the faith and love of those who decide to practice both, will give us understanding along with peace which passes all understanding. That's increases the joy of salvation... Emmanuel ! Remember ?!

That is true,  so many are blinded by the truth, but you already know that.

2. bBerean profile image62
            bBereanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Helpful references:

Countdown to the Second Coming:
            http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007W5 … d_i=507846

Judgment Day! Islam, Israel and the Nations
            http://www.amazon.com/Judgment-Day-Isla … t+day+hunt

Good reads for anyone interested in end time prophecy.

2. Castlepaloma profile image74

Per capita, there is less wars now and we live longer (not counting the bible tales) then any other time in history

on the other hand

More slaves now and more slaves to bills than any other time, the world will end for some of us.

However, at this point in time we have nuclear weapons.  It will take a lot less time to end all like on this planet.  A lot less time.

Its all about control by fear, they won't use them

We will slowly get rid of them too

6. Oscarlites profile image70
    Oscarlitesposted 11 years ago

we are taking away the national slogan of "in God we trust".. so anything is likely to happen. man want to be so much in charge.. lets see how well he does..

1. bBerean profile image62

Did I miss something in the news?  I know lots of folks would like to ditch the national motto, but hadn't heard anything about it getting traction since the vast majority of folks in the US believe in a god of some sort.

Wait a minute,  when is that going to happen?  I haven't heard much about it.

2. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well, don't you think that 66 years is long enough for the federal government to directly violate the first amendment by promoting a religion?

2. Michele Travis profile image66

And how much he does

7. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

<Post deleted by paradigmsearch> I stuck it in a hub instead. big_smile

1. bBerean profile image62

Couldn't retrofit the Camaro?

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
        paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That truly would be so much fun. But I don't have that kind of money to throw around anymore. Who knows, maybe someday. Assuming, of course, we are all still around next year.

8. Renee Abbott profile image81
    Renee Abbottposted 11 years ago

I dont see it coming to an end, and I never believed the Mayan were prediciting the end of earth. Maybe a stepping stone to ending how we know it. Just think about it. People say our world has gotten worst, but has it really? We have now constant media, plus social media, and reality isnt often wrote or spoken via media. It often is slanted, to make their point more accepted. I see this daily, even here on Hubpages. We are still very prejudice, blame everyone else for our problems and screaming i am a victim orientated nation. We are still very much pushing religious beliefs down others throats in the concept of doing it for their god. We are still fighting wars for the purpose of their god verses another. Such bravery out there..rolls eyes.

Maybe the Mayans were predicting Twinkies going out of busines, who is to know. But the world problems still remain the same, hatred is still growing, prejudice is mixed in this with a heavy dose, and you are all responsible for my misery is shouted daily by people. No one is really but your own self-talk, and your own beliefs is affecting your world. We have a full rose garden, with thorns. Get use to it, stop blaming, stop reacting, and learn from each thorn that points inside you.

9. Kangaroo_Jase profile image76
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 11 years ago

I am curious as to why people believe that the last day of a calender promotes the end of days????

It is only the end of a month/year/millennia/cycle. the 21st of Dec 2012 is the Mayan version on the 31st December on OUR calender.

Merely turn the page on the calender and I guarantee the sun will still be shining the very next day.

Not sure,  I only started this forum, because I am kind of idiotic. No wonder so few replies:)

Please, Michele : the idea might be kind of idiotic . If you acted upon an inspiration , and a few a responding ,--  a wisdom increases by experience. Never look back , when your focus is to be " you ."
        Shalom, sister .

Thank you Michael, maybe I should have said "silly"  you know I was being silly.  We both know the world is not going to end on the day that mankind says it will end.  That only God knows.  You are a very good friend.
          Shalom, brother.

10. profile image57
    Anunnaki1987posted 11 years ago

You should check out my post to confirm.

Will you tell me the name of your hub?

11. my_girl_sara profile image76
    my_girl_saraposted 11 years ago

Speaking of paying our bills, I thought Obama promised we wouldn't have to pay our bills, at least that's what people thought when they elected him. Knowing our government, they'll think of a way to charge and tax us even from the other side:)

1. wilderness profile image94

Can I pay in ghost money, that fades and disappears? smile

1. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You better!  That's the only kind of money any of us has anymore!

smile

1. wilderness profile image94

Too true!  At least all that I get seems to fade and disappear somehow. big_smile

1. profile image0
            Sarra Garrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

big_smile  and I just got a job too.....saving up for my invisible car.

2. Thelma Alberts profile image90
        Thelma Albertsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

hahaha! That would be fun! Paying ghost money that disapper. Awesome!

12. profile image0
    Vincent Mooreposted 11 years ago

I wouldn't if I were you. Those bill collectors will follow us straight to Hell where they can burn them all.

13. profile image0
    Sarra Garrettposted 11 years ago

It has already ended smile

14. Nursey profile image60
    Nurseyposted 11 years ago

I'm going out in style! Tomorrow I am having my roots done, and hubby has bought me a fabulous gold lamé gown for the day. Can't wait! ♥ ♥ ♥

Hey, I am having my roots done tomorrow ( I really am)!

1. Nursey profile image60
        Nurseyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No self-respecting woman would go out with roots! ♥

15. SimeyC profile image87
    SimeyCposted 11 years ago

Well I'm putting on clean underwear - my mom always taught me to do that just in case I got run over by a bus! Of course if the world ends in a zombie apocalypse then the underwear may not stay that clean!

1. profile image0
      Sarra Garrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

LMAO  big_smile

Underwear is still a good idea, you can use it as a sling shot on the Zombies

1. janesix profile image59
        janesixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That sounds painful

No brain, no pain

16. brimancandy profile image77
    brimancandyposted 11 years ago

The funny thing is that a lot of the people who supposedly wrote these predictions, also though the world was flat, and thought that the sun was god. They also thought if you took a boat out onto the ocean, the water would end, and you would fall off the earth. And, notice how the Mayan people suddenly vanished from the face of the earth? Maybe the end of the world that they were predicting already happened. And, we are living in times after that date.

We have all been through this end of the world stuff before. Y2K cause one of the biggest panics in American history, and stores had their biggest shopping weeks ever leading up to the countdown to 2000, we had people in our store fighting over spam, and buying large quantities of water. And, stores could not keep generators in stock. Then not a thing happened. Another end of the world date has also passed. Anyone know exactly how many others have come and gone?

17. profile image57
    Cygnus majoraposted 11 years ago

Here we are again, thinking we are smart enough to predict the end of a thing which we can not even begin to fathom a definition for, let alone an explanation. What is the most recent number that tries to explain our knowledge of the observable universe; I think its 5%. 5% of what our best scientists past and present together can explain the rest they know its there but they don’t have an Idea what it is. The Knowledge of how to begin or end something such as the earth or say umm maybe all of creation is the business of God... Humankind did not create its self nor can it create or predict a calamity that would mean its end. If you really want to know what the creator of this universe has in store just pick up a Bible and read away, then you will be privy to the knowledge of what is truly to be.

1. brimancandy profile image77
      brimancandyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Really the bible? Something that nobody can agree on, and are constantly fighting over who is right and who is wrong? That makes about as much sense as putting the end of the world views in the hands of scientists.

That, and there are many religions that think the christian bible is garbage. I would rather think that the world isn't going to end than get into that. The problem with this world is that everyone is so afraid of God's wrath. I think that is very sad, especially for a God who is supposed to love and forgive. But, if you don't do what he says..fire and brimstone will rain from the sky. A lot of what past civilizations told their people, just before they fed them to the lions or burned them alive.

1. profile image0
        brotheryochananposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The bible is agreed upon. Its the book we use. It represents the God we worship. The core beliefs of christianity are what is agreed upon, now whether or not everyone understands genesis chapter 3 is not important, its not even a qualification and it will not be on the entrance exam to afterlife.
        Its the 'core beliefs' that are important and everyone's personal relationship too. You can see dissonance, yes but that is for good reasons of translation. When we read the catholic bible, kj, at face value we find all sorts of translations problems and even some tinkering but today and i say today, we have access to so much more information and the hebrew and greek language of which was not common place back in 1600s.
        Further, each denomination has branched from the former due to new truths being revealed and this is acceptable. Do you know how hard it is to get a new doctrine on the scene? Its like an atheist says, oh yah burn in hell now thats love, so you explain there is no hell and thats love only to hear them parrot again in another thread about burning in hell, clearly they have adopted a belief they are not ready to part with yet and will continue to weild this false understanding like a sword because it suits their need to not understand, and this is laughable. So imagine trying to get new truths into an old religious system, camel through the eye of a needle anyone. lol.
        All is fine, the church and christianity is here to stay and will prosper (quality not quantity) until Jesus comes back. Read and learn.

The biblical term world is defined as man's civilization and the Bible has given us a near prediction of its end in KJV Matthew 24:32-34.  The Parable of the Fig Tree was Israel's becoming a nation the second time (Isaiah 11:11-12) n 1948.  The passing of the 1948 generation is 70 or 80 years (Psalms 90:10) which, when added to 1948, equals 2028 at a maximum.  That's the best I've found anywhere. 

The title of this thread is Is the world going to end in three days? to which I say no to because it hasn't reached the minimum of the foregoing prophecy interpretation.  However, we may consider 12/21/12 as when this civilization touches the western horizon and the above interpretation is the finial setting of it but, like the day, there will be an opposite or magnifying civilization (Revelation 21) to follow and last as long as this one did before terminating to have this one to return (Ecclesiastes 1:9) again.

You cannot be correct about 2028 either.  Jesus told his followers that no one knew.  Only His Father knew.  No one else knew.

1. The0NatureBoy profile image56

What Jesus was talking about is the manifestation of the second Advent of the son of man in Matthew 24:36-37 which reads in the KJV.  But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.  But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be..  Even so, what day or hour did I give, I gave a maximum time before civilization ends. 

According to Malachi 3:1 the second son of man, unlike the first whose birth was announced, will not be known who until the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in.

18. ptosis profile image66
    ptosisposted 11 years ago

Hahahahahahaha!

Zombie Santa is coming to get U

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7482339_f248.jpg

You better watch out
      you better not wait
      you better get save
      for Jesus is coming to town ...
      and the Satan claus too

19. Lipnancy profile image80
    Lipnancyposted 11 years ago

Actually the Mayan Calender was based on a 28-day cycle which would have made the ending of the world several years ago.

20. Oscarlites profile image70

I actually like the comments posted here!     thanks for starting this wondeful hub!   uh, forum?             smile

21. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 11 years ago

It will not end on that day

For the 400th time, when will the World end.

I don't like the idea of spending eternal with Christians in heaven

1. profile image0

My estimation on that is when the planet reaches 7 billion in population.
        Christians don't go to heaven. You may not like the idea of spending eternity with christians in heaven but you are okay with purporting false doctrines while alive.. lol. You really cant formulate a hypothesis of what you don't like unless it is a correct hypothesis, otherwise you are following untruths and allowing them to mold your attitude. Do you really think that any sort of afterlife with God will be lousy.  lol Do you understand the nature of a spiritual body? You do not.

The entire spiritual body, world and every soul is contain in it , it,s all just limited to one book, the bible.?

Beauty is truth and know I'm living it, don't claim to know about your soul

Many Dinosaurs had two brains that why they survive 100,000 time longer than we human did. When myths become more important then real math, science and history, then your lost in space, not me

Danger Will Robinson, Danger Will Robinson
            http://youtu.be/RG0ochx16Dg

1. profile image0

hahaha i remember that show. Robot was very kool.

2. profile image0

Limited to one book... lol.. again you miss simple things. 66 books not one if that doesnt suffice then how about 5 books of the pentateuch and then the rest of the other books. lol. No wonder you have no serious time for this stuff while you are wandering around lost in the space that you call, your biblical reasoning.
            Its a book about God... in the beginning God... why would God write the Bhagavad Gita or any other that does not reflect his designs?
            Books written over thousands of years... its his diary LOL LOL lol.

Bro
          The World population has reached 7 billion on October 31, 2011. .

Do your math or the world might end for you

1. profile image0

Population, World
            www.google.ca/publicdata
            Source: World Bank
            Last updated: Oct 31, 2012
            we are close :-}
            please try to stay honest when trying to discredit me lol.

Current Population Clock

World 7,059,858,846
              23:31 UTC (EST+5) Dec 20, 2012

I am not trying to be dishonest.  Please don't think that I am.

brotheryochanan   World bank  www.google.ca
              Population, 6,973,738,433 - 2011 Last updated: Oct 31, 2012

Today is Dec 222 Oct 2011 – The world's population will reach 7 billion at the end of October. Don't .... According to the World Bank,

wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population
              The world population is the total number of living humans on Earth. As of today, it is estimated to number 7.059 billion by the United States Census Bureau ...

To be honest , you would have to be dead right now to be honest
              dead-man talking

There is no way to tell when the world will end.  None of the prophecy I've ever read from any source has given us an exact date, the closest one providing us a near date is KJV Matthew 24:32-34 which we have to figure that out.  It reads Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.  Verily I say unto you, This generation [when the parable manifested] shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.  The following is how I interpret it to get a maximum date for it's end.

Isaiah 11:11-12 say Israel will be restored in her homeland a second time, the first was when it was restored coming out of Babylon in BC, the second was in 1948 AD.  Psalms 90:10 say 70 to 80 years is the life expectancy of a man which would mean the passing away of the 1948 generation of the prophecy.  1948 plus 80 equals 2028 as the maximum time before civilization terminate with everyone discarnating except the alive and remaining (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17) but they reincarnate after the first millennium, Revelation 20:5, to replenish the earth for the spiritual civilization. 

1. profile image0

Nice... how about figuring in a jubilee year and don't forget the feasts to bring a more exact year and month.

I don't know how to determine which year is Jubilee, all I know is it's the year everyone wanting to  be free of the world will but I never even heard of any feast representing the exact year or month.

Nothing has happen. Friends from the other side of the globe are telling me the end isn't there yet. Here  remained 23 more minutes...

Well it is about 5:30 am here in Ohio, and since I am typing.  I guess the end has not happened, and this forum is over. smile

2. profile image0

Jesus died at passover.  The feast of trumpets is most likely a good place to consider his return. There is no feast for jubilee. Jubilee is a year when slaves, ahem, servants were set free and their debts paid in full. Even bond servants, (those who choose to stay under the servitude of their employers) could go free at this time.
              For all of those who like to parrot how unfair God is, jubilee is good persuasive data that God is not unfair.

I'm aware of what Jubilee is and intended to say anyone willing to be free will be given the opportunity and is relative to the end of the world or civilization, those whose names are written in the book of life from the foundation of the world[/.b] will come out of being [b]slaves to money and follow the instructions in Isaiah 7:14-22 to be among those left on earth.  Jubilee happens once the second messiah or the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in is in place and bringing the peace of Isaiah 2:2-4. 

You may want to read the opening post of A Cyclic Vision To Existence on the Intelligent Design and Christianity board and see how existence has it designed.

Regarding the "end " ( an end ? ) a several very important events are to precede . Perhaps this one during the firs half of the great tribulation ..." This gospel of  the  k I n g d o m  shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations  ; and    t h e n shall the end come ( Matt. 24:14)  ( presently  the gospel of the kingdom needs to replace the other " churchism programs "  in order to be gospel of the kingdom manifested...

22. ptosis profile image66
    ptosisposted 11 years ago

http://i1.cpcache.com/product_zoom/710838309/zombie_santa_christmas_card.jpg?padToSquare=true

Not mine -  but a great Zombie gangam style animation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-zBKlvJqJk

You better watch out
      you better not shout
      you better not cry
      I'm telling you why
      Santa Zombie is coming to town!!

3D Zombies doing Gangam style

That is not sexy at all.

23. Michele Travis profile image66
    Michele Travisposted 11 years ago

Well, at least this is not one of those never ending forums.

Isn't already tomorrow on the other side of the world?

24. infoline profile image59
    infolineposted 11 years ago

not happen that so no more risk

25. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 11 years ago

Michele, my puppy is doing her normal thing.  Hubby is sleeping.  I'm still typing too.  I think we're safe.  At least for one more day.

lol..at least for today, anyway smile

2. profile image0

What kind of puppy do you have?

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7492449_f248.jpg

Not working?  Why is that???

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7492432_f248.jpg

ok,  got it this time

2. profile image0

cute!

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7484207_f248.jpg

Yours it cute too smile

2. profile image0

I love when their noses look so huge in pictures! smile

3. profile image0

Hey, daddy, what's inside that camera?  I smell something good!

1. profile image0

You know it. The poodle half will do anything for people food. Refuses to touch his own, I have to mix cheerios in to make him eat it.

1. profile image0

Ours gets that way sometimes.  But, she gets eggs for breakfast.  I stir one into her dry food and nuke it for a few seconds.  She loves it.

3. profile image0

What a lovely lady this one is!  smile

2. profile image0

She's a black lab mix.  We've been told part beagle or part pointer.  Part hunter for sure.  Here she is.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7498050_f248.jpg

This is my other doggy,  They are both little.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7498061_f248.jpg

Sorry, it was cute but it won't even let me copy and paste it sad

1. profile image0

Hit the little camera symbol, bottom right beside the formatting button.

2. profile image0

There he is! He is cute!

2. profile image0

Thanks Mo, she's really cute. Labs are great, they just love everyone.

1. profile image0

She does love everyone.  She's a lot like her momma.  wink

1. profile image0

If she's like her momma, then everyone loves her.

Merry Christmas Mo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. profile image0

Merry Christmas to you as well!  She's spoiled rotten, this one.  And, you know, I am loved much and very grateful for that!

big_smile

2. profile image0

Here are better pics.  After this, I'll stop, I promise.  big_smile

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7498075_f248.jpg

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7498077_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

She's tiny. How old is she?

1. profile image0

She's around 19 months old.  We rescued her.  We think she may have been the runt.  smile  SHE certainly thinks she's tiny.  Her nearly 60 pound self thinks she's a lap dog.

mine is a Schnoodle, but kind of scruffy.  Not one of the model type Snoodles

2. profile image0

That's 60 lbs? Mine is 25 lbs and he thinks he's a great dane.

3. Michele Travis profile image66

She is cute.
          Merry Christmas to all of you!

1. profile image0

Merry Christmas, Michele!

Can we all get together and have a puppy Christmas party!?

1. profile image0

My dog is unfortunately a racist. He doesn't like labs. Any, even the mixes. I have no idea why, a few years ago his best friend was an 85 lb pit bull. We went for a walk and he spotted the pit and went crazy, but there was a lab between them and lady with the lab said "isn't that cute he wants to play with my dog". I said "sorry, he wants nothing to do with your lab, it's that huge pit behind you that he wants to play with". She had the most confused look on her face! The pit since died, but every time we go to the park my dog seems to look for him. The dog scared the heck out of me, but my dog just loved him.

1. profile image0

My Nala's favorite neighbor is a Rhodesian Ridgeback at the corner.  She's not a racist, but she has terrible sexist tendencies.  The only men she likes are my husband and my friend Bob (who's been my friend for over twenty years).  smile

And pits are awesome dogs.  If they're not trained to be aggressive, they're generally sweet tempered, and tend to be such leaders that other dogs naturally gravitate to them.

1. profile image0

Dogs are usually good at sensing character. My dog likes all my friends, but doesn't like my father in law. No no no.

1. profile image0

They also know who WE don't like...lol wink 

I wouldn't trade this dog for a billion dollars.  She's awesome.

2. profile image0

I'm a believer in doggy instinct. It's hard to train a dog to do something they were breed to do. Mine is a poodle spaniel mix. If you throw anything he will go get it. If you throw anything in the lake he needs to take it out. He once tried to pull an anchor out. If a pit is breed to kill, (not many are) they will do it, if not trained properly. A beagle will take off after a rabbit as will a grey hound.

2. Michele Travis profile image66

There are are stupid people who don't think animals have emotions like that.  I had a cat that was so sad after our dog died.  This was a long time ago.
                But people who thing dogs and cats are just "Those things" are just stupid.

1. profile image0

Dogs certainly have the same emotions as we do. Cats are a little different, but only a little.

Horses do,  I had a" rescue" Horse.  When  I first got him he was aggressive.  It took some time, but then he was so sweet, that children with special needs could ride him.  One child even ran under his stomach, and he stood still.  Everyone could pet him, ride him, I could even grab him and swing side to side  under his neck.  The only person who could not touch him, would be a man wearing a baseball cap.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7498154_f248.jpg

2. profile image0

Merry Christmas Michele!!!!!!

26. thakurrajesh profile image58
    thakurrajeshposted 11 years ago

Ya sure if its due date then pay today..

No,  like I said before, the only thing I am sure of, is the forum will end today smile

27. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 11 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7492303_f248.jpg

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

big_smile big_smile

28. Oscarlites profile image70

Yes ..  it ended.. but it was on automatic start up, and it restarted. there was no actual break in service. boot log disk server all check out normal.. checking for virus's but I think we're still online!

1. profile image0

smile

29. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 11 years ago

Told yas it wouldn't end

What did happen on 12/21/12 was this civilization touched the western horizon beginning its ending which Matthew's account gives us a maximum time before its end.  Now that this world is setting we can look for the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in to come and bring the world peace of Isaiah 2:2-4 and the day of Jubilee.

The earth has had  galactic alignments before without any ill effects.  However. when one believes in the bible the world of peace is not coming after this.  You need to study Revelation.  The Galactic Alignment you are writing about would be the one about the end of the world.
        Or the beginning of the end.

I have studied Revelation, all biblical prophecies and many other prophetic sources, they all suggest a time of peace prior to the terminating of civilization we generally call the end of the world.  The world's end is what I'm talking about and what so many people thought 12/21/12 was supposed to be.  As I explained in my first post on here, we're a maximum of 16 years from the world's termination which will only last about 7000 years before another spiritual one replace it. 

The Bible's ritual year of Jubilee is symbolic of the liberating of the everyone going to survive the end of the world which only happen when the above quoted Malachi 3:1 prophecy takes place.  The survivors has to get free of the world in order to learn how to live in the self-reproducing environment with nothing gut themselves, something I've been doing for the past 36 years. 

Go to the thread called Intelligent Design and Christianity and read A Cyclic Vision To Existence I posted there.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)