The Beatles

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (25 posts)
  1. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 11 years ago

Who's you're favorite Beatle? Which solo song is your fave? My Beatle of choice has always been George Harrison. I love "It Don't Come Easy." And yes, I think the Harrison vocals on the song are better than the version featuring Ringo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p5yzdCa2GE

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
      Barbara Kayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

My favorite is Paul McCartney. I love the song "Yesterday," but I like "Imagine" with John Lennon also and many of the others. The Beatles were a big influence on my youth, not always in a good way.

2. profile image0
      Matthew Kirkposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Love them! As a scouser (from liverpool) I couldn't choose a song and would have list about 10 haha!

My wedding has a slight beatles theme (not for another 18 months). Our invitations say 'All you need is Love' which will also be our first dance. We have hired a local band call the bootleg beetles, who were the resident band in the cavern club (famous local club where the beatles played often in their early days!)

I discovered the other day that the beatles are the most searched for thing on wikiepdia!

1. Jean Bakula profile image91
        Jean Bakulaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's amazing how young people are "discovering" Beatles music and loving it. I love Strawberry Fields and All Things Must Pass. Paul and John do some beautiful harmonies, as good as Crosby, Stills and Nash. In the NJ area, we have a group, The Fab Faux. They have the music and the guy's mannerisms down pat, and put on a great show. It's really nostalgic, and the audience has a great time. Many of the Beatles songs never go out of style.

1. profile image0
          Matthew Kirkposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, Clapton, Pink Floyd... modern music is nothing compared to any of these.

2. vocalcoach profile image93
    vocalcoachposted 11 years ago

I have been a Beatles fan for years.  My favorite is "Imagine."

http://youtu.be/9Q0Eyw3l3XM

1. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Which of the Fab Four is your favorite?

1. vocalcoach profile image93
        vocalcoachposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think Paul has the voice that does it for me.

3. Kimberly Vaughn profile image73
    Kimberly Vaughnposted 11 years ago

I don't think I have a favorite Beatle but I do love their music. I listen to it all the time. My favorite songs are: You Can't Do That, Shout, I Want To Hold Your Hand, Hey Jude, and Here Comes The Sun. I actually sing Here Comes the Sun to wake my son up sometimes in the morning. It's one of his favorite songs now. My favorite solo song is also Imagine.

4. weekend profile image60
    weekendposted 11 years ago
  5. profile image0
    Bronwyn J Hansenposted 11 years ago

Despite being born two years after Paul split up The Beatles - yes, that is right... it was Paul, NOT Yoko - they are my favourite band. I can split John & George for favourite Beatle. I have a similar problem with songs. My favourite John song (with The Beatles) is Real Love. Best George song is Piggies (White Album).

6. profile image0
    tattuwurnposted 11 years ago

Of course... Paul is all.  Hahahaha.

My favorite solo song of his is "Through Our Love" smile

7. profile image0

8. profile image0

I also like George's "It Don't Come Easy", btw.

9. profile image0

I also like George's "It Don't Come Easy", btw.

10. PippiPi profile image77
    PippiPiposted 11 years ago

My favorite is Paul. Favorite song is Imagine by Lennon

11. Jean Bakula profile image91
    Jean Bakulaposted 11 years ago

It's always been George for me! Paul was cute, John was so passionate about whatever interested him. Ringo was quiet, but had those cute puppy dog eyes. George was the spiritual one, and I still have All Things Must Pass and play it a lot. They had so many good songs, and George wrote and sang many more than people realize. Frank Sinatra always used to say, "That song Something by John Lennon is the best love song of the generation." George wrote and sang it, and it always bugged him. Paul and John supressed the work of George and Ringo.

1. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree. George seemed the most concerned with helping others, too. Pity he died so young.

12. profile image61
    logic,commonsenseposted 11 years ago

Revolution
    Back in the USSR
    Get Back
    Yellow Submarine

13. SmartAndFun profile image94
    SmartAndFunposted 11 years ago

George is my favorite, also.

As far as songs go, I tend to like the stripped down ones, either hard or soft.

Revolution
    Helter Skelter
    Twist and Shout
    Blackbird
    In My Life
    Here, There and Everywhere

14. PAPA-BEAR profile image60
    PAPA-BEARposted 11 years ago

The great thing about The Beatles was that they all managed to stand out as individuals, likeswise be creative within the group as well. There really was no front man, all shared equal place. I saw them in concert in London 1964 and 1965 little changed as the years moved on, they stayed just who they were. Of all their songs I like the BBC recording of That Boy on the Live at the Beeb cd.

15. midget38 profile image85
    midget38posted 11 years ago

I love all four of them, but will go with Paul McCartney.

My favorite songs, though...I have Lennon's Imagine in mind!

1. Jean Bakula profile image91
      Jean Bakulaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Papa Bear, that must have been a great experience. I've been reading about the early British rock bands, Pete Townshend of Who just put out an autobiography, really good. The Beatles had all the fame and success while so young, and they were really the first group to inspire such mania. They didn't really know what to do, it was all new to them. So they just had each other. Townshend says all the other bands looked up to them, and that the Beatles stuck together. I think that's the only way they survived the 6 yrs. together, but had enough. It must have been so overwhelming!

16. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

George was my favorite, and then John, once I read more about his life and read interviews, really listened to his songs.   

My favorite Harrison song is 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' > also love "Here Comes the Sun'. 

My favorite Lennon song is, wow, that's hard.  He was so talented as a songwriter.  "Norwegian Wood' is beautiful, 'Strawberry Fields Forever' is ethereal, everything he wrote on the White album.. 'Happiness Is A Warm Gun'. 

How could I forget Real Love - beautiful song

17. PAPA-BEAR profile image60
    PAPA-BEARposted 11 years ago

A Beatles concert, how naff that is, a Beatles Show was probably the biggest shock I had ever faced, apart from a 400 volt shock in my job. It was January 10 1964, a first date with my girlfriend Miriam, and we are still together. It was at the Astoria Finsbury Park London, the screaming was so loud, a huge chandelliar hung from the cieling and it shook lightly amid the noise. When The Beatles appeared that poor light fitting was dancing. It was so noisy. Me like a miserable twit was annoyed because I could hardly hear The Beatles. John stood still and asked the audience to be quite, he could not hear if his heart was beating. They played their latest I Wanna Hold Your Hand, and Miriam and I did, ahhh!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)