I apologize to the militant Atheists

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (40 posts)
  1. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 11 years ago

I have come to the conclusion that religion does, in fact, rot your brain. Most "believers" of any faith, including the fake "pagan" and "New Age" religions are not believers at all. They are hopers. They hope their religion is the correct one, or their world view and comfort zone would be shattered. If they questioned their beliefs,then they might be forced to think for themselves. They would be forced to really think about things,and that can be really truly uncomfortable.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
      Castlepalomaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Interesting

One sided groups do tend to limit thinking, Because so much time is spent protecting ones group and they often forget their own ethics, or love for all people and nature

Nothing is so black or white, mix all the colors up you get brown. Do not belong to any group, yet do learn from them all.

Thinking for yourself is most important , yes it can be uncomfortable, but having others strictly tell you what to do and think is worst in the long run.

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I forgive you.

1. Repairguy47 profile image59
        Repairguy47posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Very Christian of you.

Forgiving works

2. Mark Knowles profile image59

LAWL

I forgive you too. I also pity you and hope you eventually come to understand as I do. wink

LAWL has no criminal record and no record of harm, you got to mean someone else.

Do you mean the understanding of the 85% Religion people in this world? I truly forgive many of them, for they do not know what they do.

2. aka-dj profile image65
            aka-djposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I see. cool
            The classic, "I'm better than you, (because I understand??)" rhetoric.
            Isn't that the very thing you accuse believers of? lol

PS, And the power to forgive, too?? My oh my. How very Christian of you, indeed? big_smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image59

It is called "irony," aka. lol  I keep forgetting you guys lack the sarcasm gene.

1. aka-dj profile image65

Ha ha ha ha!

I am well versed in sarcasm Knowles, but I am trying to minimise it, since a lot of people don't appreciate it.

For all your "understanding", you sure missed a ton of it in my post! lol lol lol

Oh - you were being ironic huh?

Why don't I believe you? Instead, I think you were being direct and accusing me of doing what you guys do without understanding I was being ironic. Any "sarcasm," was more a personal attack.

1. aka-dj profile image65

No. I was being sarcastic, NOT ironic.

I see you can't tell the difference!

The reason you don't believe me is that you have no faith.

3. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Who doesn't hope that their beliefs and world views are the right ones? Whose comfort zone wouldn't be shattered if they found that everything they believed to be true was wrong?

Seriously. Think about it. Few people are truly open minded and even less do think for themselves. They lean on the opinions of others who they deem trusted sources. How many people do you know who are genuinely open minded and willing to consider other possibilities than the ones they have already determined to be correct? How many people have the courage and self assurance to stand by their own opinion? Most everyone I know appears to have a need for consensus. I suppose, if your statement is true, everyone's brain is rotted.

janesixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Then you see what I'm getting at. Congrats.

2. tussin profile image59
    tussinposted 11 years ago

I have come to the conclusion that religion does, in fact, rot your brain.

So is Jesus Christ still your savior as it currently says on your profile?  What changed your mind?

I think that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief.
      Love is stronger than death.”

Can we do all these things without Religion?...mmm YES.

The brain is not everything yet without backup balance of the mind. Your find your dreams and happiness crushed by sitting in front of the TV with a huge plate nacho. Mean-wail lifestyle of central Africans with their hard times are happier than you.

2. janesix profile image60

I didn't say my own brain wasn't rotted at well, now did I?

3. janesix profile image60

I haven't changed my mind. I learned more about Christ all the time. And what I learn doesn't have much to do with Christianity at all.

1. tussin profile image59
        tussinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I quoted your own statement.  Are you trying to exempt yourself from it by claiming your beliefs don't constitute a religion? That's just semantics.  Why don't you say what you really mean: that other people's religion rots their brains.

No, I didn't say that. Even MY religious beliefs are wrong. I doubt there are very many people in the world who know WHAT THE FUCK is going on at all spiritually. I certainly don't. I have suspicions that many, if not all, of religions have grains of truth, yet are mostly ritualistic nonsense.

Let me know if anyone honestly figures out all of the 99% spiritual unknown.

Many Christian claim all spiritually is in the hands of their God, how do they know,? by lots of BS-sing (ass-u-me)

If it is unknown - how do you know it is there? wink

Also - can you show me the 1% known spiritual?

Just finished a thread “imagination is more important than the Bible Nobody disagreed, why ? because everything in the Bible was all once imagined

Obtaining the spirit ... This 99% lies within the "Realm of the Unknowns". ...1% ego ego and group feel the right to know in this 99% unknown world and Universe. Until We manifest from the spiritual unknown into the ego self, that’s why we live in an over ego World

If there is anything Godlike about God, it is imagination. When he dares to go beyond his wildest dreams, he can imagine everything. Everything that now exists was once imagined. And everything that will ever exist must first be imagined.

In many respects, most people's egos are built up for some kind of social approval. Even people who go counter-culture usually have a group of people with whom they can identify with and get social approval for going against social norms. That is what Christianity is a an over ego social fight club.

Didn't answer the questions at all. Exchange "spiritual," for "god," and you have your real answer. anything "spiritual," is wholly "imagination." wink

There is only one world.

To claim to know God is more elusive and evasive of what God may be. God being just a word, I can only claim, there is higher energy like line we all  an tap into, if we are open enough to experience it.. Exploiting it is Christianity , force it is communist, mastering somewhere in the  middle works. The USSR godless way has not work well enough and the American Christian way is not working.
                    What Next?

Christianity is part of that 1% known over ego ancient spiritually , greatly over repented and over done

3. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 11 years ago

dasein

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)