My hubs not appearing in HubPages site search

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (17 posts)
  1. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 11 years ago

Just a question. Why is that when I try to search for my hubs using words in the title, that they do not come up when I search hub pages? I tried "Queer." and "Camping" and the ones I was looking for never showed up.  I also tried doing a search by date, and nothing.

I hope that content filters are not the culprit again. It seems that anything that has the word gay in it is blocked. Why have so many gay hubs if filters are just going to block them. I also searched for my hubs in the GLBT sections, and did not find them.

Also, in the GLBT sections, It said there were 6 pages of results, but would only display 4. I will try a few different words and see if anything changes. They pretty normal words though. So I don't get it.

1. Californialaw profile image60
      Californialawposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think the hubs have to be featured to appear in search Briman. The process is automatic and usually takes about 24 hours. If they choose to feature your hub then it has a black and white icon next to it.

Sorry not sure if they are featured! But that would be the obvious answer to me smile

2. Matthew Meyer profile image73
      Matthew Meyerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

As Simone mentioned, your Hubs are showing up in searches.
      You are the first result if I add "hubpages" to the search strings:
      https://www.google.com/search?q=queer+camping+hubpages

brimancandyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I jiust checked your link, and all of the ones on the first page are hubs that I responded to in hubpages.  So, obviously it is grouping anything associated with that hub, including my activity on hubpages, and grouping them together. The chance of anyone else doing a search using those words would be slim. But, glad that you found something. Thanks.

3. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The HubPages search tool has always sucked.  I've frequently tried to search for a Hub I know exists, and it won't come up as a result.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 11 years ago

I found it on the second page when I searched title

1. Simone Smith profile image86
      Simone Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

On the second page of Google? So it is appearing in search?

3. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 11 years ago

I was talking about the hubpages search tool, not google search. All of my hubs do have the black H by them, as being featured.

I was also talking about searching hubpages categories, under the category that I listed my hub with, and only found one of them. I wanted to see how they appeared on the category list, and Like I said, I only found one. I have at least four hubs in that category.

Ever since I used the group tool, traffic to the hubs I put in it have dropped like a rock. I don't like putting my hubs into a category, because I can never find one that matches the subject. But, since they are not showing up in those categories, I guess it doesn't matter. I checked them all, and nothing.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image73
      Matthew Meyerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If I search the site for "queer camping" one of your Hubs is the first result.
      http://hubpages.com/search/queer+camping

If I browse to the category listing under which one of your Hubs is assigned, it shows at the top of the page as well.
      http://hubpages.com/topics/travel-and-p … ravel/5908

It sounds like perhaps you are performing the search in a different manner.

Are you browsing to the category under which you assigned the Hubs and then doing a search for "queer camping" using the search box at the top of the site?
      If so, the search doesn't take that into account and returns results for the entire site and not just the category in which you are currently located.

No. I did finally find it though.  I tried the search you mentioned, and I did eventually find it, but it did not come up before. But, what I am trying to do is be the average person searching for a subject, and, it seems you have to know exactly what you are looking for, and what subject to look under for it.  Otherwise it's pretty hard to find.

4. Joseph Renne profile image48
    Joseph Renneposted 11 years ago

Maybe Edit your Hub Summary so Google can find you better. I use pinterest, Facebook, Blogger, Yola, & Twitter + a few other little sites, I have to be pretty specific with my search to find some of my hubs.

I did post the hub to my facebook page, and also on my blogger site. Some of my camping buddies have already commented on it. Even one of my straight friends said he liked it. So that's pretty cool. It is getting more traffic, but only 3 views a day, compared to one of my other hubs that receives over 100 daily.

1. wqaindia profile image37
        wqaindiaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I , a Google fan and adsense publisher, joined hub pages only  a fortnight ago. I am surprised to see that my hubs are available on the very first page on the top of the list. I think the magic behind it is that I am not using different identities on the web and all my contents on the web are available under wqaindia and wqaindia alone is spinning magic for me to be at the top of search result. Rather sometimes I feel why my content at webquestionanswers  is at the top of the search results. Can you share your views on it. I am a non technical person. I am eager to know if it is beneficial in the short term or long term or it is harmful ?

5. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 11 years ago

I put Qeer camping in HP search bar and it comes up as the only current hub 8 days old by brimancandy.   The rest with any of those words are 3 years old.

1. Joseph Renne profile image48
      Joseph Renneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It needs to be voted up and commented. Maybe at the end encourage your reader to comment below. Asking for some feedback isn't such a bad idea.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
        Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The voting buttons are a hangover from the old days and have been downgraded  - they have practically no effect on anything, and are just there so you can collect accolades (which do nothing for your search engine traffic).

It's always good to have comments being added to your Hub because it's additional content, but the effect on traffic isn't significant unless you're getting a lot.

1. wqaindia profile image37
          wqaindiaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have the similar opinion. Voting without comments is useless. Can't it be possible that Team HubPages facilitates the commentators for voting only after they have put in their comments. When the commentator submits contents, the voting capsule be made visible with the option if the commentator wanted to vote - say Yes or No, if yes voting window/capsule be visible. It will improve the interface at HubPages.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)