The Next End Time Prophesy

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (58 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 11 years ago

So, the Mayans were wrong. Which doesn't mean that the end isn't near. According to Saint Malachi, anyway. His predictions on the popes have been eerily accurate.

Once the current pope is gone, do you think that will herald the end of the Catholic church, the end of the world or simply leave us in search of another end time prophecy?

1. Greekgeek profile image77
      Greekgeekposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Since we've had so many different doomsday prophecies that were proved to be complete frauds, can't we give invented prophecies a break for a while before we start a new phony scam that causes people to panic for no good reason?

It would be funny, but there's always some people who take these kinds of hoaxes seriously and max out their credit cards or even kill themselves for the sake of some silly rumor.

I mean, look at the Heaven's Gate people.  They'd still be alive today if they hadn't gotten fooled by the hysteria of the woo-woo end-of-the-world comet hoax in the late nineties.

I find all of this really discouraging. There was mass hysteria like this in the Middle Ages, but by the 1700s the western world had almost grown out of superstition and mass hysteria, since we now had developed science, reason and logic. That was the Enlightenment, and it laid the ground work for our modern technology and medicine. Yet it seems like in the last twenty years, we've slid backwards into ignorance, preferring rumor and outright fraud to what science and reason are telling us.

1. profile image0
        scottcgruberposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I wonder about this. In terms of small groups of people believing apocalyptic predictions, I think as a species we're just as crazy as always. There have always been preachers citing arbitrary dates for apocalypses based on astronomical events and biblical calculations. 

The last twenty years have combined millennial hysteria/opportunism with the mass reach of the Internet to give these fringe prophets of doom a giant megaphone. People who once walked around with "The End Is Nigh" sandwich boards now can put up YouTube videos and reach thousands of gullible people who are ready and willing to believe their crap, be it biblical prophecy or Zeta Reticulii psychic messages or Nibiru hoaxes.

On the face of it, it can be depressing. The believers in this pseudoscientific idiocy are loyal and vocal, but are also a tiny fringe of a fringe.

At the same time that the fringes are going backwards, the front end of science has advanced immensely in all areas. What's more, an open-source science movement has emerged that lets curious non-scientists mine raw climate data or search for Kuiper Belt objects. For every depressing Nibiru video out there, there are also innovators and app builders moving us forward. The Enlightenment was a small group of educated elites - now anyone with access to the Internet can access all world knowledge.

Not to say the outlook is entirely rosy. One half of Americans don't know how long it takes Earth to circle the Sun, and 40% think humans and dinosaurs lived together. Many people reject science for religious and political reasons. But I think as a species we're making much more forward progress than backward regression.

2. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There will always be gullible people. I was a little worried about the computers locking up for Y2K myself. But, it didn't change my behavior patterns prior to the date, so it was all simply a  bit of fun to be had. And that is how the vast majority approach these predictions.  The percentage of people who take them seriously enough to resort to hysteria, or drastic measures, is miniscule. We only hear about them because the news media knows we want to hear about them. .

I didn't intend to upset anyone's delicate sensibilities by the question. I find prophecies such as this one fascinating. Don't you ever wonder how someone can accurately predict future events, yet be so wrong on the outcome of those events? Look at the life and works of Edgar Cayce. He was obviously gifted, yet his doomsday predictions were entirely off base.

1. profile image0

Unlike the Mayan global superpocalypse, the Y2k bug was an actual problem. A lot of legacy databases and  in the public and private sectors were going to fail if not corrected. Software engineers and programmers had to do a lot of work in the late 1990s to fix the problem.

And they were mostly successful, but there were a few glitches that happened with the Y2k rollover. Some credit card transactions failed, some banking and telecom and healthcare systems had minor problems. A lot of web sites displayed the date as January 1, 19100 - including the U.S. Naval Observatory. There were even a few scary ones - a radiation monitoring system at a nuclear power plant in Japan failed at midnight and had to be restarted, for example. For the most part, however, the problem was fixed.

Of course, there were also a lot of charlatans and religious opportunists who exploited the bug for their own purposes and built a hype machine around it. This is to be expected. And there are always going to be people willing to fall for the hype. The best defense against the hypesters is knowledge, so you can separate the facts from fiction.

2. Rhonda D Johnson profile image60
      Rhonda D Johnsonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Even in the Bible, the Thessalonians thought they saw signs of the end times.  According to Jesus in Matthew 24.  the tribulation, second coming and rapture was to have taken place before the generation he spoke to passed away.  Paul, seeing that Jesus' prediction hadn't happened, reassured the Thessalonians that the end time was a long way off.

Were the Mayans wrong or were we wrong in assuming the end of their calender had ought to do with the end of the world?

1. profile image0

The Mayans were right. Time did indeed pass as it was supposed to. Welcome to the 13th bakh'tun.

The pseudoscientists who deliberately spun the turning over of the Mayan Long Count Calendar into an apocalyptic prophecy were wrong, as they always are and always will be.

3. The0NatureBoy profile image57
      The0NatureBoyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The Mayans didn't make a mistake, what we interpreted it to mean was the mistake.  The actual prediction only tells us a grand cycle will end and another one will begin.  They called it the death of god and birth of another but who know god to know if IT died and if another was born? 

I suggest it was when this civilization -- we call the world -- touches the western horizon to begin its terminating for completion no later than 2028, if my interpretation of Jesus' instructions to learn the parable of the fig tree ... this generation will not pass until all is fulfilled (Matthew 24:32-34 KJV).  I interpret the fig tree's parable to be when Israel became a nation in 1948 (Isaiah 11:1-12) and the passing of that generation to be a maximum of 80 years (Psalm 90:10).  1948 plus 80 years equals 2028 is how I came up with that year. 

However, according to my interpretation, the second Advent has to happen according to Malachi 3:1, the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in, then bring the Isaiah 2:2-4 world peace.  If that doesn't happen first then my interpreting 2028 as the end of the world will not happen.

2. Michele Travis profile image67
    Michele Travisposted 11 years ago

There have been over 242 predictions for the end of the world.  So far non of them have come true..   Well, not yet anyway big_smile

3. lonelyfighter profile image60
    lonelyfighterposted 11 years ago

i thinks so that world is not going to end soon
    if its end it will be happen as such without no warnings
    and predicting abt world end is just  a fake and nothing else.

4. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 11 years ago

The biggest thing wrong about bible prophesy are the misinterpretations, the many, many             MIS-interpretations.  AND totally that we dismiss the fact that a lot of time has passed since these prophesy were given.
    I can predict that the Houston Texans are going to win their football game tomorrow and be correct.
    BUT, next week someone might read my prediction, “Texans will win tomorrow” and when they lose, people will say that I was wrong!
    When Jesus said that all of these things will be fulfilled, he was talking about all of those things which he had just been talking about in “That” conversation. The end of days did come exactly as he said they would.
    The end of days for “THAT” Hebrew Nation which all prophesy written in the OT was directed to  . The end of days came to that Hebrew Nation in 138 AD.
    Jesus was not talking about ALL of the prophesy which was given to John 60 years later.

1. Rhonda D Johnson profile image60

In the conversation Jesus was having right there with those people he described the tribulation, the second coming and the rapture and he said it would all happen before the people to whom he was speaking passed away.

The period designated AD started when he was supposedly born, so this converst5ion had nothing to do with that and nothing to do with the change from the OT to the NT since such did not exist before the bible was put together in the fourth century. 

What is the point of reading a book that never says what it means or means what it says.  Whenever it says something illogical or reprehensible, the claim of misinterpretation is trotted in.  Why is it  the other guy or the other denomination whose misinterpreting the bible while the person speaking always claims his interpretation is the one true interpretation?

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Why?  Because that's the only way to continue the use of the book.  It can't be accepted as false, so must be changed.  Actual change is unacceptable, too, so "interpretations" are necessary to make it "true"

1. Rhonda D Johnson profile image60

I could not have explained it better.  Thanks.

2. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

1.    In the conversation Jesus was having right there with those people he described the tribulation, the second coming and the rapture and he said it would all happen before the people to whom he was speaking passed away.
        ===================
        .    Me                                                                                                                                                    Exactly !!!      I think that he meant exactly what was said ;;; but then someone interprets these words to mean something else. What if we attempted to understand these words as if they were true?     See if we can look back in time where all of those prophesy did in fact happen the way Jesus said that they were going to?
             The bible as we know it was put together over 200 years after John receives his revelation about a religion rising up out of the sea which will fool even the very elect if  is possible.  It will persecute everyone that does not agree with its doctrine. It will persecute ALL others.  Do we see that as having happed anyplace in history?   In the Church that Constantine built, he was the ultimate authority.   The bible as it was put together in 326 AD had to be close enough to the truth as perceived by the religious leaders of that time but it had to be pagan enough that it would be acceptably to the rest of the Roman empire.  Lets remember.. this happens about 200 years after Jesus said he would come back again to collect the saints and that the end would come. If we are going to say that we follow Jesus, we should attempt to understand history in such a way that does not contradict these things which he said.

5. profile image0
    Miriam Weissmannposted 11 years ago

I was only talking to someone about this today funnily enough. I'm a big believer of astrology and a big fan of Patrick Moore God bless his soul. Anyway, if you ask me, the answer to the question lies in astrology. I'm open to most things, but the Maya theory didn't wash with me. Just because a calendar stops doesn't mean the world's going to stop. Where's the logic in that? No, you have to look at astrology. Scientists are saying there's a meteor heading for Earth and it will hit with a big bang in 2028. I'll probably be dead by then, but I feel ever so sorry for the young people. What a dreadful thing to have to look forward to.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Astrology is pure bunkum, there is no logic in it whatsoever.

2. wilderness profile image95

You are mistaken; we cannot predict an asteroidal orbit 16 years in the future with anywhere near the accuracy necessary to say it will hit the earth.

You must be referencing an astrological prediction, not a scientific one.

1. profile image0
        Miriam Weissmannposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I must admit, Wilderness, that I'm not a scientist, but I am very interested in astrology, and let's face it, Patrick Moore wasn't a professional scientist either. Still, I think he talked a lot of sense God bless his soul. Anyway, I thought you could be interested in this article I found from the BBC and I wouldn't argue with them. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/64871.stm

1. wilderness profile image95

Yes, I knew about that one. 

Key words are "could", "potential", "1 in a 1000", "180,000 mile margin of error", and  "potentially hazardous".  From the article, about the same chance as "Income tax to be abolished by the Millennium" big_smile.

That's a pretty far cry from "meteor heading for Earth and it will hit with a big bang", that's all.

2. profile image0

You seem to be confusing astrology and astronomy. Astronomy is the scientific study of stars, planets, and other celestial objects. Astrology is bogus superstition that links the motions of these objects to our lives on Earth.

As for asteroid 1997 XF11, it is now expected to pass a comfortable 580,000 miles from Earth - more than twice the distance from us to the Moon. The article you cite is from 1998, and very outdated.

There are currently no known asteroids expected to impact Earth in the next few decades, and certainly nothing of a size capable of causing massive catastrophe. One might be discovered at any time, and there are telescopes scanning the skies around the world to look for them. But right now we have no threats to worry about.

1. profile image0
            Miriam Weissmannposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You're right, Scottcgruber, but it looks like a lot of people make that mistake, so I'm not the only one. http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/soci … 2121052555 And let's face it, nobody's perfect. I'm a lot like Patrick Moore really. Astrology's a load of hum-bug if you ask me, and that's also what Patrick thought funnily enough. It's all over the television. People paying astrologers a fortune to tell their fortune if you get my drift. But that's not as bad as people paying people to read their cards or look into the crystal ball. Who believes in all that nonsense? Cheers for pointing that out.

3. Rhonda D Johnson profile image60

I guess that puts me among the young people.  I'll be 63 in 2028.

You are right about the Mayans.  They're probably rolling over laughing themselves sick at what we've made of their calender.  It had to stop somewhere, else they'd still be writing it, scared somebody might see the end of the world if they stopped.

6. Jerami profile image58

If we are going to say that we follow Jesus, we should attempt to understand history in such a way that does not contradict these things which he said.

When I ask (in church) ;     what if Jesus meant exactly what he said?                                                What if he didn't want us to interpret his words?
    What if our interpretations are wrong?    And these interpretations created "THE" mystery                       
    What if his coming again did happen exactly the way that he said that he would and we didn't recognize it, in the same way and for the same reasons that the Pharisees didn't recognize him as the Messiah in 30 AD? 
           When I ask these questions "In church" I was considered to be Heretic. And I guess I was guilty because to question the authority and/or the accuracy of church doctrine is Heresy   
    So, … are we not ALL heretics in  the eyes of  “that other”  denominational church?

I thought that we were told to question any and all "NEW Doctrine"?
       What we now consider to be  old/acceptable doctrine was new a century ago. And theirs was new a century before that. And it was certainly NEW when it was first established in 326 AD.                 There was much opposition  then, That opposition was soon squoshed. A 1000 years pass before men like Martin Luther ensited resistance against "SOME" of the church doctrines.
    We now have many variations of the origional "NEW" church doctrines. 

To question or not to question ... that is the question!

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
      Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

+1 from me Jerami.

1. Jerami profile image58

Many thanks, Disappearinghead

7. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 11 years ago

All this wonderment about the END of the world truly amazes me.
    The world will not end, there is a 1,000yr millennial kingdom before the end of the world when all things are made new

Revelation 21:5   And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Its a long way away

8. profile image0
    ChleotheWitchposted 11 years ago

First of all, I don't think that the Mayans intended to mean that it was the end of the World. It is simply to beginning of a new era. Secondly, I don't think it will be the end of the Catholic Church or the End of the World. I believe they will just get a new pope, Lol

1. The0NatureBoy profile image57

I agree with your first statement but not the second.  Because I see cycles to everything I believe everything that has happened in this world/civilization will happen again exactly the same way it did this time, the only difference being the lifeforces in each manifestation will be in manifestations who have done things to and for them in paying off their karmic debt.  That means then, every pope who ever have been shall be again with different lifeforces operating in their bodies and doing exactly the same things.  Go to the discussion called Intelligent Design and Christianity and read A Cyclic Vision To Existence I wrote for a complete explanation.

1. profile image0

There may be such a thing as karmic debt, but it seems a bit of a stretch to think a life force will return. Of course, my theory on it all may be more of a stretch. I think it is quite possible that the multiverse allows the individual the opportunity to experience how every possible decision would play out while remaining, on a cosmic level, one individual. When that life force is extinguished on all levels of the multiverse it then has access to the memories of all lives lived and, therefore, full knowledge. No regrets since wrongs at one juncture were rights at another point in the multiverse. Wisdom of an infinite number of lifetimes attained in one.

I am still somewhat stumped on what becomes of the individual at that time. I think reincarnation appears to be a very slight possibility, but definitely not the norm.

1. Jerami profile image58

Subjects such as this one are difficult to express in linier terms.                                                     Your thoughts as expressed above are very similar to mine.  Reincarnation;`  I don’t think so.             I believe that the concept of time is just that. A concept which we have invented to separate these different aspects of self. I think all of these reincarnations are actually happening simultaneously. I think that these aspects of self sometimes, in times of need communicate on a subconscious level.  This might be called becoming one with self or becoming single minded. When/if this state is achieved, we have found a measure of peace of mind and a small piece of paradise.                     We might choose to stay there for a time, OR we might choose to Experience the physical again.      It is then that we “CAN” become more of an asset to the physical world than a deficit.

In my 63 years on earth, I have acquired and passed through a number of different personalities.       I would think that it would be similar on the cosmic level.                                            I wish that I could verbalize my thoughts better.
          They are too scattered to express in leanier terms.  At least that is what I tell myself when I am thinking that I am going crazy.

I don't think we shouldn't even attempt to discuss existence in linier terms when everywhere we look are cycles. 

I recognize reincarnation only on earth's plane, the other planes we metamorphose to carry memory with us.  Because of books read concerning hypnotic regression, reincarnation keeps showing itself as the answer.  Two such books are: Many Lives, Many Masters by Brian L. Weiss, MD, Gretchen, I am by Carroll E Jay and Many Mansions: The Edgar Cayce Story on Reincarnation by Gina Cerminara.  There are others but I can't remember their names, one when I was about 12 and am now 67.

2. The0NatureBoy profile image57

Emile,
          What do you believe happens to the lifeforce once we discarnate?  Do you believe it goes into non-existence?  How do you propose to experience every possible decision without living them to have them implanted on our lifeforces? 

By recognizing the the Zeroverse's being layered our lifeforces do get to experience the other layers without reincarnation but not on earth, a center ball.  Here we have to experience the various emotions of the different experiences through karma to understand them so we don't carry emotional baggage with us to other layers/plains.  Each layer will have a form of baggage we'll have to overcome in our learning process. 

Determining what happens to each individual lifeforce has to have something to do with cycles since everything is controlled by them, thus, a forgetting and another cycle through the events on another timeline until it's time to be the Zeroverse's lifeforce.

1. profile image0

I don't think anything goes into non existence. But, I don't believe that there is any reason to assume  we retain a distinct individuality for eternity. Yes, reality as we observe it does appear to be cyclical; but that observation doesn't lead me to assume I will return again and again in human form, here on this earth and in this reality. I see that as ego and I don't think ego plays any role in our eternal existence. I labor under the assumption that the energy which animates this form I now inhabit is intertwined with all other energy within the cosmos and when the body I perceive as uniquely me ceases to breath that energy will be reabsorbed into the whole and will then move on to perfom other functions which create the reality we observe. Maybe it will move on intact; but I think there is ample evidence to assume that isn't the case for most of us.

You ask how I propose that we experience every possible decision. The multiverse Level III theory proposed by Hugh Everett suggests that on the most basic of levels, we are continually in contact with other universes. Every decision you make causes a split in yourself and each of those splits, while unaware of the existence of the other, leads out the remainder of its life. What if that were true? What if it wasn't a 'split' in the full essence of who you are, but it was simply a different train of thought? What is our perception of existence but thought? So, if the cosmic 'you' spanned the infinite number of universes contained in Hilbert Space and after the end of your human lifespan the essence of who you truly are, your soul if you will, were able to look back on the path every decision would have led you; it would have the benefit of an infinite number of lifetimes and life experience to have learned. It's just a thought.

You mentioned Edgar Cayce. He is a fascinating individual who was obviously very gifted. But, a sleeping 'prophet' who prophesied future events that did not happen leaves me to be suspect of his talents and his readings. I don't know anything about the other individual you mentioned. To be honest, I don't put a lot of stock in anything I can't see and verify for myself; although I am open to all possibilities.

Science has suggested energy nor matter ever enters non-existence therefore I agree.  If such thing as multiverse exists we would have to have an individual existence.  I've toyed with the multiverse concept and the only thing I've come up with is once we finish being the lifeforce of existence we can then enter another verse and begin as the first life type and migrate through it.  However, I generally say after being the lifeforce of the Zeroverse we go through a forgetting process which will take as long as it took for us to migrate through the learning process. 

I don't know of any prophecy Edgar Cayce told which didn't happen.  The closest thing which could be considered something that didn't happen was when he said "i don't see anything after 2006" but he didn't say everything would end at that time, as I believe, is the assumption most people took it to mean although not said.  What ones do you know of which didn't happen?

1. profile image0

Do you know why The Edgar Cayce Association for Research and Enlightenment was built in VA Beach? If not, read up on it. That is one prophecy that did not come true.

Come to think of it, I have heard that he predicted some other place than where it is the ECARE center is.  However, because of the desire to make him look as a false prophet, the Beast may not have allowed it to happen where predicted.  I'm sure they don't want the messiah, whoever he is, to come into his temple (Malachi 3:1) so I'm sure they're working to prevent that also.  That is why no man know the day nor hour he's to suddenly appear in his temple.

1. profile image0

Maybe so. As I said, I'm open to possibilities. But, that is a tangent I can't follow. I don't really believe in cataclysmic end time scenarios involving beasts. Unless we factor Man's inhumanity in. Collectively we can be quite the Beast.

2. kess profile image61
                    kessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The mark of a prophet is what so ever he says is true...
                    So its either his word will be true and the center will be moved  and Cayce is a living prophet
                    or the Center remains and Cayce was no prophet at all but was  into divination.

9. Jerami profile image58

The0NatureBoy;   I'm just thinking out loud.

The0NatureBoy wrote
        I don't think we shouldn't even attempt to discuss existence in linier terms when everywhere we look are cycles. 
    - - - - -
       ME     ...   Because it is difficult to discuss many subjects in linier terms doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t make the attempt.  Kinda like describing a jar full of differently colored jelly beans; just because it is difficult to describe in linier terms how they are all connected,  we can see as clear as day how they are.
    ========
    The0NatureBoy  wrote ....   I recognize reincarnation only on earth's plane, the other planes we metamorphose to carry memory with us.  Because of books read concerning hypnotic regression, reincarnation keeps showing itself as the answer.
    - - - - - - -
    Me
    I would think that unless we are immediately reincarnated again after death, we can not ignore that place where we reside between these incarnations. So it would seem that another place (reality) would exist other than this one which we are incarnated into, “IF” reincarnation does happen.
    It would also sound reasonable that place we are at between incarnations is the same place we were at before our first incarnation.

If the jar is round why would you try to explain it it as a square?  Your thoughts toward what I said is like that, attempting to describe how this round jar is square.

In Gretchen I Am the hypnotic regression stopped her between incarnations and she describes it.  From that I gathered however long we are incarnated we are in the discarnated state.  My reasoning tells me we will incarnate the equivalent of the full earthen cycle as a boy, as a girl and as a mixture of them both.

I don't quite reason that the place of discarnated lifeforces is the same as where they are before incarnating as the first life type way although similar.  The place prior to our first incarnation is a place for forgetting while the place between incarnations is a place where the memory is retained until incarnating again.

10. Michele Travis profile image67
    Michele Travisposted 11 years ago

Didn't Jesus say Only his Father Knew when the end was coming?  No one else knew.  None of the Angels knew, Jesus did not know,  only his Father knew.

11. Jerami profile image58

I like to think that where the bible says that  God said "let us make man in our image" he was talking to all of us. Then we then incarnate in physical form. When we die we go back to that place which you describe. That is, if time is in fact linier.  We can only precieve time as we see it regardless of what it might be,

12. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 11 years ago

My issue is not the end of days - its the end of coffee, now THAT'S a frightening prospect!

1. profile image0

That would be cataclysmic. Almost as bad as if we came to the end of chocolate.

Very funny both of you, Kangaroo_Jase and Emile.  Liquid coffee will terminate as soon as this civilization ends but not the beans from which it is made.  Chocolate, the same, will never end but the processed chocolate will.  I've heard some people say that about sex but during the civilization following this one's setting there will not be sex after it begins and they will not learn to have it until about 1000 years before this one rises again.

1. profile image0

Wow. A thousand years without sex. You definitely have some weird ideas. Weird is good, though. It is definitely good to be different.

Actually, it will be about 97,000 years without sex for most.  Civilizations last for about 84,000 and 2 transitions of 7000.  When this civilization ends, about 2028, only those who survives it will have sex for the 7000 years it takes to replenish the earth with those who will live in the next one.  Those living in  it will not have sex until about 6,000 into the transition to the next material one equaling about 97,000.

The reason everyone to live in the civilization following our's discarnates is not to remember this one, it's a spiritual one (Revelation 21) where they don't recognize their bodies like we don't our lifeforces.  Genesis 1:1-8 is their rapture but they don't replenish the earth until after 6000 years into the transition or the beginning of the day of rest.  At the end of the rest day the Adam metaphor begins the rising of this civilization and the flood (Genesis 6:1-9:29) is when the spiritual people are all converted into materialists completing the rising.   

And the beat goes on.

1. profile image0

Uncle.

I guess I lied. Some things some people consider possibilities I'm just not open to.

I suspected as much.

2. The0NatureBoy profile image57

But, it will take much longer than 1000 years for liquefied coffee and process chocolate.

13. Scribenet profile image61
    Scribenetposted 11 years ago

My contribution to all this prophesy stuff...from Canada's Globe and Mail...maybe some are "too" Canadian but there are a few that Americans would enjoy...after all we are all "limited" and this world will end for each and every one of us. Right? So why sweat the small stuff and start changing the present rather than fearing some fuzzy end of the world future.

Here is the link...enjoy the prophesies... 
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/commenta … le6786778/

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)