Deleting Hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (18 posts)
  1. snakeslane profile image82
    snakeslaneposted 11 years ago

Wondering how I can delete or unpublish hubs? Only the Edit button is available. Is this new, or have I missed something?

2. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 11 years ago

That's not new, you're missing something.  Unpublishing is found once you are in edit mode.  The delete button is viewable on the Hub itself, but only to the owner.

snakeslaneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, I thought this option used to be on the accounts page, was it not?
      Meanwhile, the delete option is not available in a video  hub I'm working on. Do you know how to delete a video?

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
        Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No, I've been here a few years and it's never been available on your account page. 

Open the Hub (NOT in edit mode) and you should see it.

Got it! Thanks for help, what was I thinking?

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
            Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Actually, I've always thought it was a stupid place to put the delete button. It's certainly not the first place anyone would think to look.  Why not put it in the edit mode?

Why not put it on the Accounts page?

2. snakeslane profile image82

OK I found it thanks again!

3. xstatic profile image60
    xstaticposted 11 years ago

I wondered about that also. I was going to unpublish one or two today and could not find said buttons.

I know, I was sure these buttons were on the accounts page, weren't they? Didn't there used to be an unpublish button on the accounts page?

4. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

They're still around. Ya just got to work for it... big_smile

same question to you para:Thanks, I thought this option used to be on the accounts page, was it not?
      Meanwhile, the delete option is not available in a video  hub I'm working on. Do you know how to delete a video?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image71
        Matthew Meyerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Are you trying to delete the Video Hub itself or remove a HubPages video from the Hub?
        To delete the Video Hub, you need to select "Done Editing" after editing the Hub and then you should see the edit, stats, delete, and suggest links buttons above the Hub content.

If you are referring to removing a HubPages hosted video from a video Hub, then you will need to choose another HubPages hosted video instead of the original one as there is no option to delete/remove it.  This is due to a video Hub requiring a non-3rd party video.

Hi Matt, I don't know what a Hub Pages hosted video is.

There is a video capsule that allows embedding of 3rd party videos like YouTube and then there are videos hosted on HubPages that you upload to HubPages and then use in a video Hub.  The HubPages terminology is probably the confusing part.  If you didn't explicitly upload video content to HubPages then you are probably using the video capsule and 3rd party video.

I uploaded a 'video' from my movie maker program. Trying out Hub Pages Video Hub offering, it was just a test run, and I decided to delete it which I did. So yes, I was trying to delete the Hub.

If you uploaded the video from your computer to HubPages, then you are using a HubPages hosted video in a video Hub.  So you can only change to another HubPages video in that Hub, and not delete the video from the Hub.
                You can delete the video Hub all together though.

OK, thanks Matt, that is really good to know for future reference.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)