FIXED: Accolades delayed more than 24 hours

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (33 posts)
  1. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

Are HubPages behind in awarding accolades? Has this been the case for anyone else?

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It will take several days to update your accolades.  It could be, as well, that the holidays have thrown HP behind, but I doubt it - I would expect those to be updated automatically.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image72
      Matthew Meyerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have sent this to our engineering team to see what might be going on.  Thanks to everyone for the detailed information.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image72

We tracked down the issue and introduced a fix, so accolades should be back on the ~24 hours batch schedule now.
      Thanks for everyone's patience.

1. profile image0
        JThomp42posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Matthew!!!!

2. Rosie2010 profile image68
        Rosie2010posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Matthew, I reached 1M views at 9:44pm yesterday.  Do you mean I will be included in today's 24-hr batch?  Not likely?  Maybe tomorrow?  Maybe?  What about day after tomorrow?  or the day after tomorrow's tomorrow... just asking..

Ok, I'll be very patient then. big_smile

1. Matthew Meyer profile image72

Congratulations!

The temporary issue was resolved, so as the FAQ states:
          "There may be a short delay (up to 24 hours or so) before a new Accolade appears on your profile."
          So if you reached it at 9:44pm yesterday, you should probably see the accolade by tomorrow.

Congratulations!

The temporary issue was resolved, so as the FAQ states:
          "There may be a short delay (up to 24 hours or so) before a new Accolade appears on your profile."
          So if you reached it at 9:44pm yesterday, you should probably see the accolade by tomorrow.

1. Rosie2010 profile image68

Thanks, Matthew.  Unfortunately, according to ezhang, unpublished hubs traffic is not included.  Darn!

3. ezhang profile image81
          ezhangposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations Rosie2010!

I just took a look at your account, and you are just short of 1M views. I suspect that the 1M count view count that you are seeing includes hubs which are unpublished on your account, and unfortunately, they don't count towards the accolade quota. You'll be getting the accolade soon enough though!

Keep on hubbing!

Oh that sucks!  First I had deleted over 50 hubs that had approx 35K views.  Then I unpublished several hubs trying to see if that would improve my traffic.  If I republish those hubs, will I get my 1M accolade?

Ok, I republished my hubs and even tried to wake up a couple of sleeping ones.  Now, I'm just out 20 views, which I should get in a few minutes.. or hours.  Will I get my 1M accolade tomorrow?

3. Rosie2010 profile image68

ezhang, as at 12.31am January 4, 2013, with the republished hubs, my total views has now surpassed 1M.  Did I get it right this time?

Did I?

Did... ok I'll wait.  big_smile

Rosie, just be patient.  If your total views of published Hubs is more than 1,000,000 then it will take at least 24 hours from the time that mark was met to when the accolade will be applied.

Got it.  Thanks, Matthew.  I'll be patient... ok, I'll try to be patient.  Happy New Year! smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
                  paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Grasshopper, it is there. big_smile

Old man, why is it that you can 'see' these things? smile

I got it!  It's beautiful. Thanks, Matthew!

2. profile image0

Hello wilderness, I haven't experienced a problem in the past, but the reason I posted this is because another hubber had mentioned it as well. Maybe they are just behind?

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I seem to recall something long ago that indicated accolades are updated on a set schedule.  Once a week, once a month, something like that.

If so, it is possible that you earned previous ones shortly before a scheduled update while this one was earned just after an update. 

I don't really know, just tossing possibilities.  They could indeed be broken as well; changes are much more frequent than in the past and can always have unintended consequences.

1. profile image0

Thank you so much for your polite reply wilderness.

3. profile image0

Anyone else have any input?

1. janderson99 profile image54
      janderson99posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Inconsequential  IMO

1. profile image0

Just curious? IMO

2. paradigmsearch profile image59
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Accolade updating is a batch file process, not real time. It will happen sooner or later.

The real fun happens is when you have one and it suddenly disappears. big_smile

1. profile image0

LOL I have that happen often as well.

4. Glasso profile image60
    Glassoposted 11 years ago

For me it took at least 36 hours for the first one to appear. As for my last one, it was there after 24 hour-delay. I have noticed that it also depends on how big your achievement is. Mine are quite small. They probably take time to verify this.

1. profile image0

Understandable Glasso.

As @paradigmsearch mentioned, accolades are not real time and are applied in batches.
        From the FAQ
        http://hubpages.com/faq/#accolades

1. savingkathy profile image92
          savingkathyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think there might be a problem with some of the accolades. I know that I reached 10,000 views almost a month ago but the views accolade was never updated on my profile. It's not a big deal, but I thought I should mention it.

1. profile image0

Thank you Kathy!

@savingkathy Thanks for the details and congrats on having more than 10,000 views!

I'm going to do some follow-up on our end to see what might be going on.
            Do you know when you reached 10,000 views?

1. savingkathy profile image92
              savingkathyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Matthew! I think it was either December 6th or 8th.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)