John Boehner Told Harry Reid 'Go F--- Yourself' Outside the Oval Office

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (24 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Jonesy50posted 11 years ago

http://news.yahoo.com/john-boehner-told … 32376.html

NICE!!! Don't get me wrong. I'm not naive enough to think this is first time something like this has been said between politicians but it does give me a nice feeling to know somebody said it to the most arrogant man in Congress, Harry Reid.

Perhaps it's something the American people should tell 90% of Congress during the mid-term election.

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image79
      Healthy Pursuitsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's obvious that you've bought into the negative politics that's tearing our country apart. But it doesn't make me feel good at all. It's unprofessional to me.

The constant bickering and sniping on both sides has been very unprofessional, and it isn't at all why people are elected to office. Our Congress has become a bunch of greedy idiots scrambling for special interest groups - and their money - and ignoring the needs of the people they are supposed to represent.

I think it's time we cleaned up Congress, eliminated the big money from politics by assigning limits to election spending and where the money comes from, and banning politicians from working as lobbyists after they leave office. There are a lot of other limits that could be implemented, too.

Maybe then the politicians could get back to running the country by cooperating, negotiating and compromising where necessary to represent at least the majority of the people.

1. profile image0
        Jonesy50posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I haven't bought into anything, HP. Yes, it's highly unprofessional to say what Boehner said but It's still satisfying to know someone said it to the arrogant Harry Reid.

As for your last 3 paragraphs, I agree completely.

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Unprofessional,  yes.   But the unprofessional behavior of Reid and his cronies would tempt a saint to cuss.
          Wrong to say that word, yes.  But ditto above.

And it's at least an honest response.   Better to say that to Harry Reid than to be all of America having to watch Obama say it to us all (even if not literally in those words).

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image79
            Healthy Pursuitsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

We then agree to disagree - somewhat. Whichever side seems more or less caring to each of us, I'd like to see our representatives at least act like they have some manners and control of their behavior. They'd all pretty much demonstrated that they don't have control when it comes to adding to their wealth and influence.

2. RooBee profile image82
        RooBeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

HP, may I just say that your blatant reason and outright common sense are like strange and beautiful music to my ears?

2. breakfastpop profile image63
      breakfastpopposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's a dirty job, but somebody had to do it!

3. Cody Hodge5 profile image69
      Cody Hodge5posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure he has strong competition from guys like Cantor, anyone in the Tea Party and Mitch McConnell

I agree with your last statement, but I don't think its going to happen.

P.S Boehner is probably just upset that he lost his job as speaker either now or in 2014.....even if the GOP keeps its majority in the House.

2. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 11 years ago

Term limits are the answer to giving the power back to the citizens.
    I found numerous petitions online but wonder how to get this enacted since the ones who benefit from no limits are the ones who must sign this into law?
    http://termlimits.org/
    http://termlimitspetition.com/
    http://www.change.org/petitions/term-limit-reform
    Also the benefits our elected officials have bestowed upon themselves is outright criminal since they have much better retirement and health care than those who support them.
    How did it get so corrupt?

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Of course, we have term limits; however, if a politician wants to be reelected, he/she can subvert the term limits e.g. Michael Bloomberg, Mayor of New York, who used his influence to be reelected for a 3rd term.      Politicians can do whatever THEY want if it serves THEIR purpose.

2. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Here her Stacie , you got it !

3. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 11 years ago

Making a recall law would be good. (Easier to recall a politician who doesn't follow his/her oath of Office and work for what's right for the people.)

1. ATexanagain profile image58
      ATexanagainposted 11 years agoin reply to this

We would be doing a lot of recalls.

1. profile image0

Yup.  Maybe it would make politicians take their jobs seriously.

We just need to hold them to the same standards as all government employees, oh forget it.

2. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Brenda, I have sadly come to realize that many politicians view their jobs as a game and a career move.   There are very few politicians that are concerned with their contingents.   They are after their own good, not the good of the voters.    What we need are sincere people who view their office as a service to the people, not self-glorification.

1. profile image0

Agreed.

4. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

I remember the Nixon Tapes. If there ever was a politician famous for swearing, Nixon is it. big_smile

LBJ had Nixon beat by a mile.

5. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 11 years ago

I hope he did say it to Reid.  Maybe Harry will get the hint.
    Boehner was probably crying when he said it though.

1. profile image0

lol

2. profile image0

I'd like to see someone say it to Obama in the Oval Office.

6. A Driveby Quipper profile image57
    A Driveby Quipperposted 11 years ago

Remember Hamilton and Burr?

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRy3KGRLkIJWECFusnlJdyc29f7A4DqQ073LRCrjQTyGL3UipZ

These modern American politicians are wimps.

1. profile image0

That and I believe there are laws against dueling. It would make a nice reality show though.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)