Should Sammy Sosa make it to the Hall of Fame?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (21 posts)
  1. profile image0
    jacobt2posted 14 years ago

Sammy Sosa was a great player. He really was. But now, on June 16, 2009, it was proven that he used steroids in 2003. I would assume that he used them before also. Was his great single season home run record chase with Mark McGwire legitimate or was he on steroids at that time? We may never know, but we do know that he used steroids at least in 2003 when he claimed not to have ever used them. Should he be allowed into the Hall of Fame?

I think not, but here is my extensive answer to this question along with a ton of info on Sammy Sosa.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Sammy-Sosa
    jacob

1. Drew Breezzy profile image62
      Drew Breezzyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

its a shame

2. sunstreeks profile image80
    sunstreeksposted 14 years ago

I smell a link snip coming on =P

Just to play devils advocate.. what about acting and music celebrities who use drugs such as meth, cocaine, and others to get them in a zone for their craft??  Should there be controversy over Grammy and Oscar type awards?

1. profile image0
      jacobt2posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would say that that is not giving them unhuman abilities to perform much better than a natural regular person. It is not as advantageous.

3. tksensei profile image61
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

He shouldn't even be allowed to visit the Hall of Fame.

4. Lgali profile image57
    Lgaliposted 14 years ago

another drug cheater

5. tksensei profile image61

Let's not forget the corked bat!

6. profile image52
    aroidsposted 14 years ago

sammy sosa should be in jail for lying to congress

1. profile image0

When did he lie to congress?

7. lrohner profile image67
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Who is Sammy Sosa?

1. profile image0

You must not be a baseball fan...or you must be joking. He was a baseball player who played the majority of his career with the Chicago Cubs and became a great player as well as a memorable home run hitter. I wrote a hub on him if you want to check it out http://hubpages.com/hub/Sammy-Sosa

8. sweigand profile image60
    sweigandposted 14 years ago

It will be interesting to see how the players from the Steriods era are handled when it comes to the HOF such as Barry Bonds. Have any players who tested positive been inducted thus far?

1. profile image0

Yes, it will be interesting. As far as I know, no players who have tested positive for steroids have been inducted. And I believe that is how it should be. I think if you used steroids, you should automatically not be allowed into the Hall of Fame. Check out my hub on this topic http://hubpages.com/hub/Steroids-In-Baseball1

9. sweigand profile image60
    sweigandposted 14 years ago

Nice hubs. I agree with your stance. They need to just put their foot down otherwise they will end up evaluating positive tests on an individual basis and it will become a huge mess.

1. profile image0

Thanks!

10. kmackey32 profile image63
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

Nope. Hes a felon, drug abuser, tax evader, and WOMAN BEATER. I Really hate them kinda men!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. profile image0

Never heard of Sammy evading taxes or beating women...please share.

11. Pete Maida profile image61
    Pete Maidaposted 14 years ago

They need to create a druggie hall of fame.  The can put it in a room of a crack house.  There all the druggies can go visit their heroes.

1. profile image0

Someone actually asked Bud Selig about adding a section of the Hall of Fame for steroid users and he responded by saying, "You'd have to have a cocaine wing too, I guess. How about an amphetamine wing?"

Interesting thought, but I think I agree with Selig. Not a great idea.

12. tksensei profile image61

If you go back far enough the alcoholics HOF would probably be the fullest.

Sosa would have a special place in the 'Corkers' HOF.

1. profile image0

Maybe, but I really don't think that he meant to use a corked bat. Because they checked every single one of his other 76 bats and none of them contained cork. But who knows...? It is much harder to believe anything he said now.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)