Apparently the ACA is going to cause problems.

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)
  1. Drhu profile image58
    Drhuposted 11 years ago

I found this article in the online news:

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/20603065/s … deliveries

Now I had been made to believe costs would go down.
    Anyone care to elucidate?

1. tammybarnette profile image61
      tammybarnetteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

IMHO, I believe Fox has spun this into a story that it truly is not...Before the ACA became law, the hospital in my small town did the same thing...We have an aging population, so our hospital decided to focus their efforts and dollars to turn the women's wing into a facility for the elderly. It is sad to me however, that there will be no more birth certificates issued in our town, me and all of my children were born here, but times change, such is life smile

1. Drhu profile image58
        Drhuposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well, you know Tammy, that is just a Fox affiliate not Fox News. There is a difference. It means that station shows fox programming like my favorite Fringe and does not necessarily run Fox News.

2. American View profile image59
      American Viewposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This article will be the first of many as the dam is about to burst. I have been writing articles and telling people for 2 years now about how doctors are dropping out of practice, closing shop due to Obamacare. Needless to say I have been called all kinds of interesting things from those on the left. Just a reminder of something I said before, does it not seem interesting to anyone that the elderly, child birth and newborns get the most attention or shall I say lack of care attention through cuts and medical boards?

Things are coming home to roost, sort of like that "no tax increases on the middle class, not your payroll tax, your SS tax, not your capital gains tax" quote from President Obama

1. Drhu profile image58

I find it interesting that if there actually are problems you are seemingly supposed to not look at them or acknowledge them. Common sense is to be suspended and just nod your head and agree with the toadies.

1. Barefootfae profile image60
          Barefootfaeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's a part of the fantasy that says hey we won now you have to do everything we say.

2. Dr Billy Kidd profile image90
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 11 years ago

Right, one hospital is going to cut out two obstetricians. Obstetricians have been complaining for years about the high insurance rates they have to pay. That is left to the states to regulate the insurance that hospitals pay. ObamaCare does not touch it.

Truth is, ObamaCare is not what will create the paycheck for these obstetricians anyway . It’s your private insurance policy. The regulation on private policies by ObamaCare says that the insurance companies must use 80% of their income on paying for patients’ healthcare--rather than for golf trips to Scotland by the management.

So, I think this article is misleading.

The much bigger problem is that the people on Medicaid, who are having babies, do not pay much at all as copayments. Meanwhile, Medicaid in some states pays very low payments for obstetrics. Medicaid is affected by ObamaCare in that it will give more money to the states in order to keep people from using the ER rooms as their primary care provider.

Slowly, Americans need to build a nation of jobs—like it used to be—rather than a nation where people expect free, unearned benefits, because that’s the way they were raised.
    That will requie that the wealthy invest in America again and that in turn will require a stable government. Unforturnately, the U.S. has not had one in years, so corporations invest wherever they can get a quick buck--Brazil, India, China, Vietnam, the Phillippines, and other places.

1. Drhu profile image58

I am not so sure it's misleading. Possibly they just are only focusing in one place and one one problem. Time will tell.
      Oh yes we need jobs.

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

What is making things impossible for OBGYN is liability to being sued.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)