Need help before applying to Adsense

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (21 posts)
  1. profile image0
    tmouse1posted 11 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm a relatively new Hubber - I've published 4 so far.  I plan on having 10-12 good hubs up and running before I apply.

My question is what, if any, methods of driving traffic to my hubs would be recommended.  I don't want to increase my traffic in a way that jeopardizes my chances of being accepted by adsense. 

My Hubs are all 100% original.  I used Youtube videos where appropriate and I was careful to use creative commons images that are approved for commerical use, and with attribution to the owner. 

So far, my hubs are in the 70's and have received 380 total hits since nov.  This is low, but I've done nothing to drive traffic so far.

Thanks for all of your help!

1. Paul Maplesden profile image75
      Paul Maplesdenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi tmouse, I was in a similar position to you when I joined a few weeks ago; I've now managed to get 3,000 visitors to my hubs over the last 3-4 weeks. I've written a forum thread on getting visitors to your hubs in the early days, you can find it here: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/108945

I've also written a couple of hubs on being a great hubpages citizen (definitely something that can improve your traffic) and also the main ways of marketing yourself - You can find both of those hubs linked from my profile; I hope you find them useful.

2. Simone Smith profile image86
    Simone Smithposted 11 years ago

Hey tmouse1- it actually sounds like you're taking a great approach and are doing very well already. The best way to drive traffic is to regularly publish high quality Hubs, so focusing on making your Hubs unique, helpful, attractive, and share-worthy is a great way to go.

The most self-promotion I would advise would be to share your Hub on social networks
    1. VERY sparingly
    2. ONLY if you are actively involved on those networks in many other ways
    3. IF you think your friends would find the article to be interesting.

It sounds like you're off to a great start though. Carry on! smile

3. profile image88
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 11 years ago

Well done on your first four hubs. Your goal of writing 12 before applying is a great idea. Took me almost nine months to get approved, but that was due to me living in Hong Kong.

My hits were similarly small when I started, but they have increased 30 fold by concentrating on my niche and always aiming to write high quality evergreen hubs.

I echo Simone's excellent advice, be clever when using Social Networking sites, Paul's forum thread is also an excellent read. I use Google + and post only to communities I am active in and always add a small blurb explaining why my article on Hub pages is a good read.

4. profile image0
    tmouse1posted 11 years ago

Thanks to all for the great feedback!  I'm going to get busy writing after dinner!

5. daydreams profile image95
    daydreamsposted 11 years ago

I never released it was hard to get an adsense account - I have had one for years without really using it. (I have earnt about 1p). Have the rules changed? I just linked my existing account to here.

1. profile image0
      tmouse1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is my first time applying, so I don;t know how the rules have changed.  However, I have read many stories from people that have had their adsense accounts closed.  If I were you, I'd give the Adsense TOS a read before you begin using again.  It is possible that Google has changed the rules since your account was active.

1. daydreams profile image95
        daydreamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. I read the terms and condition and can't see anything I could have breached so far. I have written 3 posts on here, and have another blog  with adsense (that doesn't get many views), but it might be I don't understand it. I originally signed up for the account for a blog I started one day on a whim, that I wrote about 2 posts for and then got bored and gave up.

In the last two days I have made 2 pence!

6. Rkwebs profile image53
    Rkwebsposted 11 years ago

dont worry about it google is quite strict on people. about fake traffic and bad traffic , and also including clicks without matter. they evaluate all .

7. profile image0
    loseraspieposted 11 years ago

I wouldn't apply if I were you. Chances are they'll reject you. I got rejected twice. Sign up for the Amazon Adsense program. You get in after you sign up.

1. SmartAndFun profile image94
      SmartAndFunposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I see you've been here 2 months now; you should apply again and see what they say.

You're not asking for advice or critique, so my apologies for throwing this in, but if you do apply again, you might want to break up your paragraphs into several short ones rather than one long one. Some of your hubs look a little short, so if you expand upon them that would probably help, also. Sorry to offer unsolicited advice, I just hate to see you doing all this work here and not getting paid. I use HP ads, and while that pushes my AdSense down to almost nothing, I am very happy with what I make from HP ads.

8. SmartAndFun profile image94
    SmartAndFunposted 11 years ago

In the past, most people (other than those in Asia) have been able to secure an AdSense account with about 10-12 articles on their subdomains. The HP learning Center recommends 10, I believe. Judging by what people have posted on the forums in the last month or two, however, it appears that Google is tightening things up and expecting more before approving an account.

Lately it seems as though they are more likely to approve someone with around 20 pages and a subdomain about 2 months old or older. This is not anything Google has announced, it's just a trend lots of hubbers have noticed based on what people are sharing lately in the forums here at HP.

Your hubs look great and are on searchable topics, so I don't think you'll have any issues with low quality, illegal photo use or low traffic. It won't hurt anything to apply as soon as you're up to 10 hubs, however, if by chance they deny you (which they may not) don't be alarmed. Just give it a few more weeks and a few more hubs and try again.

1. profile image0
      loseraspieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's OK. Thanks for the advice SmartAndFun. As you can see I'm still new to HubPages.  If you have any more advice I'd appreciate it.

9. todom12 profile image60
    todom12posted 11 years ago

I refuse to apply again until I have 20 hubs

10. A. Bove profile image63
    A. Boveposted 11 years ago

Tmouse1 and todom12, I am new to writing on here and am still learning the ins and outs, but I can see google ads on both of your hubs, doesn't mean you're active with Adsense? Or is Adsense completely different and not related to the ads seen?

1. todom12 profile image60
      todom12posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hello, welcome. I dont understand that part either I will try to find the ansewer to that.

2. profile image0
      tmouse1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I do not have an adsense account yet.  I assume Hubpages gets the adsense $$ until I have an account.  Thats one way to motivate me to step up the writing! smile

11. lovebuglena profile image85
    lovebuglenaposted 11 years ago

I don't think that the amount of views your hubs have right now has anything to do with being accepted to Google AdSense or not. What matters is the quality of your hubs and what you write about.

12. lovebuglena profile image85
    lovebuglenaposted 11 years ago

To increase traffic for your hubs though you can share them on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ and other social networking sites. You can also share them on social bookmarking sites like digg, reddit, delicious, etc. Maybe even finding blogs or forums that talk about similar topics can help you to promote your hubs. Hope this helps.

13. sallybea profile image95
    sallybeaposted 11 years ago

I would write between ten and twelve Quality Hubs and promote them on social networks before applying. I was accepted after ten Hubs, my views are now in the region of 2300.

14. Anamika S profile image69
    Anamika Sposted 11 years ago

You can use Social Media sharing to increase traffic to your hubs at this point. There are a couple of HubPages groups where you can share your hubs. You may also use the hubpages hashtags to get noticed by fellow hubbers on Twitter. You may also interlink your hubs on similar topics. Also, actively comment on other peoples hubs on similar topics. Other than this, do not get into any link building strategy till you have 15-20 hubs. If your hub is unique and of high quality, it will automatically get into the first page of Google even without link building. Even when you start building backlinks, make sure that they look natural to search engines. Go through the HubPages Learning Center, for detailed tips on making quality hubs and gaining traffic.

I also suggest that you start blogging by using a free blogspot account. Make a niche Blog and make at least one 200-300 words post every day.  Also make a habit of writing one hub a day till you get approved by Google. Your posts should be unique and not copied from anywhere. Your own content is also a 'duplicate' if you copy paste it to hubpages, so don't do that also. You may also invest on a name domain for personal branding as some affiliate sites require you to have own domain also.  All the Best!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)