How to show resentment to GOD?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (19 posts)
  1. wqaindia profile image39
    wqaindiaposted 11 years ago

Some times the circumstances lead us to believe that GOD is not kind to us. Is there anyway to show resentment to GOD when we love God and HIS creations from the core of our heart. How to show resentment to GOD?

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I've often asked the same question when I go into my garage and step in a pile of invisible purple dragon poo.

How does one resent something that is invisible and undetectable?

1. profile image0
        brotheryochananposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think in the psychosis of your own mind, this is exactly what you set out to do.
        coveted double laughie dude.

2. profile image0
        Deepes Mindposted 11 years agoin reply to this

one can resent the invisible and undetectable because it is invisible and undetectable

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
          A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Pretty general statement there DM.

1. profile image0

Yeah.. I noticed that when I posted it.. Thanks for pointing it out though ATM.. Even I can't escape making generalizations sometimes...LOL

2. profile image0
          Rad Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No, you can resent the people claiming the invisible and undetectable is real.

1. profile image0

Not really, It's the people trying to force it down your throat that should get the resentment

1. profile image0

Sorry, your correct once again.

1. profile image0

Wasn't trying to correct you. Just stating who I think should get the resentment

1. profile image0

There is nothing wrong with correcting me when I error.

1. profile image0

Based on what you were saying, one could draw the conclusion that those were your true feelings. So as I said, I wasn't trying to correct you

3. jacharless profile image74
          jacharlessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hence the problem with G/gods -they are invisible, else undetectable.
          But, generally speaking nearly everyone who believes in a/many G/gods do not want "It" to be visible or detectable, so as to continue believing, disbelieving, praising or resenting. Visibility and detectability void most forms of sensationalism. Fortunately, tangibility is a property of Creator. The tangible is creation itself. Man has made up enough G/gods to ignore this, as to continue indulging the same thing he has for thousands of years -himself; his own ha~satan/ego. Man is a complete reflection of all of creation combined. His inception has caused him to resent himself -despise himself and fog the image he was made to be. There is a cure for this affliction, but neither side of Theos [the collective mechanical & emotional systems] wants to reveal it, lest life as humanity know it end -and Life humanity ought to be living begin. Interim, that resentment escalates inwardly and outwardly.
          James

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't understand.
      Are you saying you want to show resentment toward God?

3. OutWest profile image58
      OutWestposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I believe God is big enough to handle our angers, disappointments  and resentments.

4. Paul K Francis profile image84
      Paul K Francisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

When trying to show resentment to God for some percieved unkindness we may end up being further unkind. I say give him a break; that is, forgive him - and ourselves while were at it. Feels good.

2. Zelkiiro profile image87
    Zelkiiroposted 11 years ago

If you're a believer, you show resentment to God by disobeying his orders.

If you're a nonbeliever, you don't waste your time trying to show resentment to something you don't even believe exists.

3. viryabo profile image93
    viryaboposted 11 years ago

This is what i do when i am REALLY angry.

Because he is Invisible and i can only "imagine" Him in my mind, i therefore dialogue internally and tell him what i really think, screaming at Him in my mind, holding back nothing.

I don't get rude, but i fume and also ask my supposed Guardian Angels why they seem to shirk their duties, if i'm really pissed. I say it as it is.

Didn't they say somewhere in the bible some thing like "Be angry, but sin not?" Well i guess that means (to me of course!) that i can be angry, as long as i don't go bashing someone's head in.

4. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 11 years ago

Expressing resentment toward God is like spitting into the wind.  It accomplishes nothing of value in the short run. It's a pity party of one. What purpose does it serve? Other than as an attempt at a cosmic dare?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)