St Patrick's Day

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Kathryn Stratford profile image90
    Kathryn Stratfordposted 11 years ago

How do you celebrate St Patrick's Day? There are many traditions and foods, and I am sure everyone does it differently. We are going out to eat at a restaurant or pub tonight, and enjoying an Irish meal, or at least what Americans consider Irish. Since I live in Boston, it should be pretty easy to find an authentic place! I also want to watch the South Boston parade. I have never seen it before. I enjoy celebrating!

1. profile image0
      mjkearnposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well hello Kathryn.

You did open the door didn't you. You could have closed it when you saw me coming. Just to show you that I'm up for the painted Smurf pic here's a little taste of this mad little leprechaun.

P.S. You can still delete me, I think.

Wal naw wal naw wal naw. Tap a da marn'n ta ya ma'am. Ta ba sur ta ba sur, naw and mabi latar.
      (Wink, grin, tug forlock, lift and slap ya rit tigh wid ya cap).

Sa tas ba calabratin Paddy's day, ya ba at. Wal c'mar tal I tal ya jast whatti da. Ya gats da mirch an mirch an mirch s'mar.

Ya gats da wav dam flags an wav dam hih. Ya gats da sang. O ya gats da sang, sang, an sang  s'mar.

Afdar dat, roite, naw ar ya wid may, ya gats da munch, ya da munching, o da munching. Da munching tas nactar a da gads, a tas. A tal ya a tas.

Ya gats da av dam spuds, a dam spuds wid da drappin booter an loadsa saaalt. Dan ya gats da av da miit, a da miit, wid da lashin's da gravi, swammin id gats da b.
      An dan dam greens, o dam greens, ya gats da av dam greens.

Ya sees ya naads da bally full far da ale, o da ale, ya gats da av da ale, an lats a da ale.
      It gats da b green ale mynd.
      Nan a dat cat pee frim dat uddar quaanie iland mynd.

Ya naads da  fan ole arish stoot ya das. Naw, ya as, da mirching, da munching, da nactar, naws ya naads da fir, o da fir. Ya mast av da fir.

Naw c'mar tal a tal ya s'mar. Wid da fir ya naads da lags, o da lags, ya mast av da lags. See ya naads da bag flams far da wirmth.

Na gaad bayin cald far da sangs, o da sangs, ya mast av da sangs.
      Da peebles da lav da sangs. Ya gats da sang al nat, o ya gats da, ya gats da.

In da marn'n, wa'l al av da bangars, da bacan, da aggs an da bag pat a tay. Ta'l ba grand, ya'l see.

Dat's haw ya calabrat da Paddy's day.

MJ.

Kathryn Stratfordposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow, so that's how you celebrate Paddy's Day! I had to read it a few times, and once I said it out loud it made sense.
        I wouldn't close the door on you! You're a character, a fun guy!
        Thanks for your your animated answer! Now, if I could only talk like that wink

2. suzzycue profile image87
    suzzycueposted 11 years ago

I love green beer parties and the pubs in Florida near Melbourne do it up right with corned beef and cabbage. You slowly cook them together until the meat comes apart with a fork, Delicious and loads of fun. Some people even paint themselves green. Great stuff I love St. Patties day. Thanks for the memories.

3. suzzycue profile image87
    suzzycueposted 11 years ago

Enjoy your night Kathryn. Go forth and paint the town green.

Thanks, Suzzycue, you have an enjoyable St Pattie's Day weekend, too!
      Green beer, of course! I will probably have some of that (or at least a Guinness, even if it isn't green), and a corned beef dinner. Mmmm, I'm getting hungry now!

4. Suzie HQ profile image91
    Suzie HQposted 11 years ago

Hi Kathryn,
    Looks like you will be enjoying the celebrations Boston style where I know there is a strong Irish community so have a good one!! In Dublin (where I am from) all mad things have been going on. All major landmarks including the airport are all green, St Patrick was boating down the river Liffey earlier today and shamrock infused Guinness and coffee are served everywhere. Thousands of Americans landed today and I was watching interviews with some of them earlier. Incredible stories of how they got here, where they going and many were going to be in parades around the country. Here it is a Bank holiday weekend, hardly anyone working Monday. Have a great day and all the best reading Micksters reply!! LOL It made me laugh so much!

Yes, Boston has a lot of Irish, and it is evident when I go about. Every business on the main road up the street is decorated, and their are little stands outside with different items for sale (I would assume they are setting up early for tomorrow's parade). The South Boston parade is just up the road from here, and it is supposedly a very large event, so if I am brave I may go there, instead of just watching it on tv.Haha, since I can walk there, I don't have to worry about the terrible parking or public transportation issues. My boyfriend is away for the weekend, so I should go out and have fun!

1. Suzie HQ profile image91
        Suzie HQposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely! get your green body paint on and your all set to enjoy the parade mingling! Go get a few pics and then do a hub!! Enjoy whatever you decide to do!

Wow, I hadn't even thought about taking pictures and turning it into a hub! Fabulous idea! When I write an article about an event, it causes me to really live in the moment, and absorb the details! And of course I love documenting events with photos. Thanks to you, I may have an even more fun time than I thought!

1. Suzie HQ profile image91
            Suzie HQposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Look forward to see Boston Parade through your eyes!! Get a pic with you and a pint of Guinness for me!!

5. Thelma Alberts profile image90
    Thelma Albertsposted 11 years ago

Happy St. PatrickĀ“s Day Guys! I wish I could have a pint of Guinness at this moment. Sad to say thereĀ“s no pub where I am now. Enjoy!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)