What Your Favorite Scene In A Movie?

Jump to Last Post 1-42 of 42 discussions (74 posts)
  1. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

A lot of scenes kill me in a movie, so I'm going to be telling mine as the thread grows. But here's one - the part in the movie, No Country For Old Men, were the villain walks into home of the lady who just buried her husband - a man he killed. The lady finds him in the house and immediately she knows who he is, and of course is aware of the inevitable. She tries to beg him, but the man says, don't say that, everybody says that. She says, everybody says what? The man says, everybody says you dont have to do this. The man asked the lady to pick a side of a coin, the woman refused. In the end the man simply walked out of the house, drove out of his car and got hit by another car. I've never seen anything so cold in a movie. And the entire movie had no music score in it. None at all. Which just contributed in making the movie so cold.

1. profile image0
      dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

then that kid, who helps him!!!!!!

2. Davinagirl3 profile image60
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is a really great scene.  Travolta on the toilet in Pulp Fiction.  When Scheider sees Jaws for the first time... Classic.

2. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

First is from "On The Beach" where camera pans across empty town square and placards and posters from rallie blowing in wind. Very eerie and sad.

Second is from "Die Hard" right near end where Holly punches reporter in the nose. Gotta love a woman with a strong right hand.

One of sexiest scenes ever is in "The Ugly American" Scene takes place in hotel room where Marlon Brando's character is talking to his wife. She is lying on bed in slip (I believe), she may even be under the covers. He is fully clothed...and he runs hand over his wife's stomach while they are talking. Nothing overt is said or done, but the scene smolders with sensuality.

3. dipless profile image68
    diplessposted 14 years ago

I love'd the opening explosion scene in Swordfish, was a great bit of cinematography

1. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That was brilliant. Dominic Sena killed that scene.

4. Nanny J.O.A.T. profile image68
    Nanny J.O.A.T.posted 14 years ago

One of my favorite scenes is in Fried Green Tomatoes. Kathy Bates has her parking lot spot taken by a couple of young girls who tell her they are young and beautiful. She takes her car and rams theirs until it pretty smashed up. Whereupon Kathy turns the tables and tells them "Face it - I'm older and have more insurance!"

I understand that feeling from dealing with my own daughters and their friends. wink

1. profile image0

I LOVE LOVE LOVED THAT!!!!!! I htink about it every time im at walmart!

2. Moonchild60 profile image73
      Moonchild60posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I must admit I love that scene too.  The little brats had it coming.

5. dipless profile image68
    diplessposted 14 years ago

yeah he did was awsome smile

6. Lady_E profile image60
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Final Scene in Bourne Identity. Matt Damon and that lady met under such strange circumstances and went through a lot together. Both putting their lives on the line.  It was nice to see, he found her in the end.  (Sadly, it wasn’t to be, in the sequel)

Scene in White chicks when one of them was constipated in the Loo. It was absolutely hilarious. (If I’m crying and watch that scene, I’ll burst out laughing).

Big Momma - Big Momma singing “Oh happy day” in front of the Church and break-dancing. Lol

There are too many……  I’ll post some more later. smile

7. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

Any sex scene. LOL

1. profile image0

You're really into sexy stuff, aint you.

2. usmanali81 profile image59
      usmanali81posted 14 years agoin reply to this

you must look for a permanent husband

8. curiozities profile image60
    curiozitiesposted 14 years ago

The scene in the Godfather when Paulie is driving Clemenza and Rocco around doing errands and Clemenza asks Paulie to pull over so he can take a leak.  Paulie pulls over, Clemenza steps out, and Rocco shoots Paulie in the head.   Clemenza zips up, walks back to the car calmly, and utters the most classic line in all of motion picture history:

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

1. profile image0

I thought that stuff was classic too.

2. RooBee profile image83
      RooBeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great one.

9. Lucey Knight profile image61
    Lucey Knightposted 14 years ago

MMmmm...I love movies...but if I had to name a few of my fav's it would be:

G.I. Jane - When Demi Moore says "Suck my **** Masterchief" after their fight.

Steel Magnolias - When Tom Skerrit's Chacacter drum takes the chunk of armadillo cake from Shirley McClain aka Weezer and says "I love a good piece of ass."

Men of Honor - The end of the movie when Robert Dinero makes Cuba Gudding Jr. give him the 12-steps.

Man, I could go on for hours!

10. profile image0

Okay guys, check this, the scene in Carlito's Way where Sean Penn meets with the Fat Mobb boss in jail. The Boss confronts him about how he steals his million bucks, he tries to deny, but the boss shuts him up. He said ...i'll snap your neck like a bread stick. That stuff killed me. And when Penn left the cell, he threw up like a madman, cos he knew he was as good as dead anyway.

11. Lucey Knight profile image61

I love Carlitos Way!!

12. Lucey Knight profile image61

What about A Few Good Men when Tom Cruise is cross examining Jack Nicholson and he says "You want the truth!  You can't handle the truth!"

1. profile image0

Jack Nicholson rules.

1. profile image0

"HERES JOHNYY!" or "Don't worry Wendy, Im not gonna hurt you.."
        from the shining..

13. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

As Good As It Gets love that film

14. usmanali81 profile image59
    usmanali81posted 14 years ago

Rambo III: when Rambo enters, plays and wins the game of BAZKUSHI, in which, all men were riding hourses and struggling to get hold on the dead sheep and then moving violently towards the finish point.

15. profile image49
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

Braveheart or Gladiator, love the bit in Braveheart were he has his face painted blue for Scotland then looks to his men who are way outnumbered by the English then the horse rises, he turns and they attack, plus the music in Braveheart is so damn haunting, as is Gladiator. Similar theme really, two hard charactors avenging their murdered lovers !

16. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

American Histoy X, I weep every time at the shower scene....and obviously the ending too.

And in the movie, Barton Fink, John Goodman is running thru this real run down hotel that he set on fire, screaming "Ill show you the life of the mind!!!"

And Resivour Dogs, the whole cop torture scene and he cuts his ear off and says "Is this thing working?"

Braveheart goes without saying.

uhhh I love movies....

17. Ivorwen profile image66
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

I don't know why, but the scene from "The Last Boyscout," where the officer is telling his partner, "Every lie that man tells is 98% true!"  Has stuck with me for years.

I like it in "Men in Black," when Will Smith is taking the test and he drags the table across the room, much to the annoyance of the others in the room and the dismay of the examiner.  smile

1. profile image0

oh yeah, MIB good one!!!

18. alekhouse profile image73
    alekhouseposted 14 years ago

My favorite movie is Shawshank Redemption. There are so many good scenes in that movie, I can't name just one

1. Ladybird33 profile image66
      Ladybird33posted 14 years agoin reply to this

one of the best movies of all times!  I agree, just can't name one!

1. Moonchild60 profile image73
        Moonchild60posted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Hope Red, Hope is a good thing"

1. Davinagirl3 profile image60
          Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'" Just thinking of this movie brings tears to my eyes.

19. Mrvoodoo profile image57
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

The scene from Pulp Fiction where Bruce Willis is looking for a weapon, and keeps finding better and better weapons is a good one, but then that movie has a lot of great scenes.

1. profile image0

now I want a royale with cheese. is that meat btw? wink

1. Mrvoodoo profile image57
        Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. 'KAPOW'   ARGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

That's got to be my favorite movie quote ever.

And no more meat thank you very much :: I've been living off vegetables, cigarettes and beer ever since. big_smile

1. profile image0

"Be cool bitch."
          Ive got to go buy some burgers cuz I am out of beer.

Any of you fucking pr**ks move, and I'll execute every mo********ng last one of ya!

Forget the burgers, just buy loads of beer! and maybe a nice lettuce. wink

1. Amanda Severn profile image94
              Amanda Severnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We have the CD of the Pulp Fiction's soundtrack at home. That last quote start's one of the music tracks off, and my kids just love it. Even though they're strictly forbidden to repeat it out loud, I've caught them miming it out of the corner of my eye on many occassions! LOL!

LOL, yep sounds about right, what kid wouldn't love that hahahaha, it is a great soundtrack too, as was the Reservoir dogs soundtrack. big_smile

2. profile image0

HAHAHAH I have it too!!! here I am, stuck in the middle with you....another good soundtrack/movie is natural born killers

2. Mrvoodoo profile image57

Have just realized I went to all that trouble of *'ing out the rude words and left the worst/best one in uncensored, lol

1. profile image0

omg lmFao!!!!!! I thought that came out automatically!!!

3. profile image0

I am back. I bought 36 beers. and I have lettuce growing in my garden. Im all set!!!

20. fortunerep profile image69
    fortunerepposted 14 years ago

Rocky, Rocky, Rocky, Rocky And Rocky

I love when he fought the Russian, the fighting scenes are so awesome, ofcourse you have to love boxing to understand.

21. profile image0

Hey guys, the part in Sin City where Mickey Rourke asks the Priest where he can find Goldie's killer. The priest asked him if the whore was worth dying for. He replied, "Worth dying for...worth killing for...worth GOING TO HELL FOR!!" all the while taking shots at the priest. That stuff killed me.

22. Bob Cedar profile image58
    Bob Cedarposted 14 years ago

Near the end of "Easy Rider". Two hippies with their drug money traveling to Florida with their newly found ACLU lawyer friend in the middle of an ultra redneck Louisiana diner. All the girls fascinated by them. All the rednecks throwing dagger eyes, putting down every aspect of those three guys. Throughout that whole scene you just knew this was gonna be the end for them. Plus it made me feel uncomfortable as if I was in the diner under the dagger eyes.

1. profile image0

awwww jeeze i forgot aobut that. thats soooo sad.

23. usmanali81 profile image59
    usmanali81posted 14 years ago

The following scene from the true story of Sultan Salahuddin Ayubi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbTZDlfVTTQ

24. eccles profile image61
    ecclesposted 14 years ago

Really the whole of Monty Python's "Life of Brian" I love the Stoning Scene, Brian naked in his window facing the multitude, but especially the scene when he is dragged into the presence of Pontius Pilate and Pilate saying "I have a great fwiend in Wome named Bickus Dickus".

1. Ron Montgomery profile image58
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wewease Wodawick!

2. Amanda Severn profile image94
      Amanda Severnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love the bit where the Romans come and search the house and totally fail to notice about a dozen people hiding in plain view. Classic.

25. profile image0
    Greta Lieskeposted 14 years ago

The ear cutting scene in Resevoir Dogs. It's a brutal scene, but the way Tarantino directs it, it is very stylized. . . and the choice of music is unique and perfect -- one of Tarantino's great talents: his use of music.

1. profile image0

You're totally right, Greta. Q knows how to kill a music score.

26. profile image0

Hey, another scene that killed me is in Darkman. Where Liam Neeson on a date with his girlfriend is acting all weird, cos he knows his facial mark will peel off any minute. And his girl keeps asking him why the hell his always so damn fidgety whenever he's with her. Later, he played this stupid carnival game where you win one of those stuffed animals as a prize. He won, but the owner wont give him his prize. I liked Sam Raimi's directing (his one of my favorites) as the background behind Neeson turned into fire to demonstrate his fury. He broke the game owner's finger. That scene killed me. Sometimes I just slot in the DVD and fast-forward to that scene. It still kills me till date. No kidding.

27. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

In Edward Scissorhands where he is carving the ice and making it snow and Kim is dancing in the snow.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F608ouen5C8

1. profile image0

Great scene. A bit corny, but still good. Tim Burton and Johnny Depp collabo's always kill me. (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Sweeney Todd)

28. spiderpam profile image73
    spiderpamposted 14 years ago

The Courthouse scene in "Boondock Saints"

29. spiderpam profile image73

The Roxanne Song in "Moulin Rouge"

30. spiderpam profile image73

The Elevator Scene in "Vanilla Sky"

31. spiderpam profile image73

Any Scene with Raiden in "Mortal Kombat 1"

32. spiderpam profile image73

The Barn Scene in "The Exorcism of Emily Rose"

33. spiderpam profile image73

The Final Scene in "The Fountain"

34. spiderpam profile image73

All Fight Scenes in "300"

35. spiderpam profile image73

The Snake Scene in "Kung Fu Hustle"

36. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

Every scene in "The Departed".  The "I drink your milkshake" scene in "There will be Blood".

37. Lady_E profile image60
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

More of my favourite scenes are:

Dance scenes in Save the Last Dance, especially the final scene.

Dark Knight - loved all the scenes.

Scene in Pretty woman where Julia Roberts goes back to the Posh shop that shunned her, looking so elegant and carrying a lot of shopping bags.  The Shop Manager/Assist then offers to help.  Julia turns around and says she was the one they looked down on the other day and wouldn't serve her. "Big Mistake, Huge!" and works out with her head held high. They all stare at her in amazement.

Also liked Runaway bride - the scene where she runs away from the altar and jumps on a Fedex Van.  Someone asked, "I wonder where she's going?"  The other replied, "where ever it is, she'll be there by 10 o'clock tomorrow".

38. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

The scene between Bill Murray and Jason Robards, outside the bank, on "Quick Change".

39. curiozities profile image60

Monty Python's "Search for the Holy Grail."

-The knight who insists on fighting even after all four limbs have been hacked off: "I've still got teeth!"
    -"We... are the knights who go... NI!  Bring us... a SHRUBBERY!"
    -The argument over a swallow carrying a coconut.

40. flread45 profile image58
    flread45posted 14 years ago

MAKE MY DAY

1. curiozities profile image60
      curiozitiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Well, we're not just gonna let you walk out of here."

"Who's we, sucka?"

"Smith, and Wesson, and me..."

Classic!

41. Lucey Knight profile image61

The funeral scene in Steel Magnolias

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-Ai4SUrj8w

42. curiozities profile image60

The three-way lightsaber fight (Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn vs. Darth Maul) in Episode I of Star Wars.  The music added to the intensity of the scene.

1. Lucey Knight profile image61
      Lucey Knightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, that was a good one too!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)