How long before you got paid from google?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (26 posts)
  1. profile image0
    annvansposted 14 years ago

I am wondering how long it was before you reached payout from google.  ( i guess I am allowed to ask this question?)

2. Uninvited Writer profile image78
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

The average time to reach the $100 payout the first time seems to be around 10 months.

3. profile image0

holy... oh my gosh!

4. profile image0

I hope it doesnt take that long after the first $100.  You have to reach $100 each time in order to get paid right?

5. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

Two months. But, I had to do a ridiculous amount of research on keyword strategy and SEO. I do this full-time, right now. my goal is $300 a month before college starts up again this fall. That way, I can make a passive income and not have to worry about working and focus on my studies.

I also had to write 100 articles! big_smile

But like, UW said, the average can be about 6-10 months.

Apparently, after 3-6 months, your articles will get ranked higher in google due to the time factor (providing that they are quality content) and your earnings will start to snowball after that.

1. profile image0
      annvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Boy, I sure hope so.  I do not want to be wasting precious time for nothing.

2. profile image0
      wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

girl_girl will you write a hub about how you did this seo and keyword strategy research.  I've been doing the same, but hope I'm doing it correctly.  I use Google Adsense and Trends only.  Am wondering if I'm missing something.  Plus, I find it hard to ascertain what is too much competition.

1. fayans profile image62
        fayansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Try to use

intitle:"your keyword" inanchor:"your keyword"

Those are your competitors. The lesser the # is, the easier for you to rank, so to speak. As a rule of thumb, choose one that has less than 100.

2. profile image0
        girly_girl09posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am currently working on a blog for keywords and seo. I'll write a hub about it to promote once finished! big_smile

For now, I'd recommend anyone to do their own extensive keyword research and SEO because it will resound better with you than simply listening to what others say. Wordscribe, you should use google.com/keywords to help research how many searches are done a month for each term. Choose exact to get better results. That will definitely help you out. big_smile

6. Uninvited Writer profile image78
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

My next $100 took 6 months.

I have to warn you...as a profession writing is not the way to get rich...anywhere smile

7. profile image0

I am really sick about that.  I just cannot believe it takes this long.  I mean, I know you may not make much on hubpages, but it would be nice to be able to reach payout within a couple months at least.  Well, I guess I will get there penny by penny.

1. profile image0

It is well worth your time to do keyword research and learn about SEO.

Think of it this way - if you spend 40 hours learning about keywords and seo - it will last forever.

If you spend 40 hours writing articles that never get any google traffic (and never will), then what is the point?

If you spend 40 hours doing your own research on keywords and seo, everything you write will continue to earn money from google, indefinitely. At least that's they idea! big_smile

I may have only earned around $210 or so for spending hundreds of hours writing and researching, but eventually it will pay off as I earn money from the same content each month.

Anyone who wants to earn money by writing articles should definitely do research and then write. I wrote my first 10 or so articles without research and didn't earn anything from them. Maybe a few cents. They were good practice!

1. profile image0
        annvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have tried to learn about seo on and off.  It really is a horrible thing for me to have to learn though.  So much garbage about it on the internet.  Usually someone wanting to sell a program to show you something you already know.

8. profile image0

Thanks for the info, I just had to know this.

9. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

If you enjoy writing, all the pennies here and there will build but got to be ready for the long haul. Even a store biz starts off at 0$ tongue and a big debt big_smile wink

10. KCC Big Country profile image86
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

I think the 5th of July I will hit 10 months here, and I'm up to $71.71 with over half of that coming in the month of June.  Writing those last 35 hubs during the hub challenge (May 12-June 12) has made a big difference for me.  At this rate, hopefully, I will reach payout in the next month, maybe two.  I need to write more hubs!

1. myra636 profile image61
      myra636posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have one word of advice be careful with google I was up to 80.00 and then boom they kicked me so watch out if you make it to fast they might close your account.

1. profile image0

They have to have a reason to do so. One thing that gets a lot of people banned is sending out links to their family members and friends that all live within the same area. Then, if you're getting 10 clicks a day, all from the same area and it's not a geographically specific site (like spas in new york city), google will ban you for invalid clicks.

None of my family members or friends have ever read my articles. I don't want them clicking on the links!!!

11. Lady Guinevere profile image66
    Lady Guinevereposted 14 years ago

I have been here 13 months and only have $64.??.....promises, promises!  Yeah.............

12. myra636 profile image61
    myra636posted 14 years ago

they want tell me why they closed my account it happened to a friend of mine all so from blogger both with in a week. and no we did not click for each other.

13. KCC Big Country profile image86
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

I have only two friends that I know of that read my articles and I have specifically told them NOT to click on anything and explained why.  I appreciate the advice though.

14. fritteritter profile image80
    fritteritterposted 14 years ago

I added AdSense to my blog two months ago and so far I have about $40 so I'm on track to hit the first payout in 5 1/2 months or so. That sounds about right - depends what the subject matter is, how well you promote and SEO it, and whether you have an established site or are building a site from the ground up with AdSense.

I'm hoping to get more traffic with some good hub pages but we'll see... I'm writing about what I know best and not necessarily what's most profitable to write about.

Anyway, I'm patient and the link relevance here seems quite accurate so we'll see how it goes wink

15. Shalini Kagal profile image54
    Shalini Kagalposted 14 years ago

Your right KCC - the hub challenge upped my earnings too smile

16. HealthCare Basics profile image59
    HealthCare Basicsposted 14 years ago

Never, so far................

17. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

It took me about eight months, but then it was every month after that.  My aim is $500 a month, which I'm hoping to reach in a few more months.  It can be discouraging when you haven't been paid yet, but I'm so glad I didn't get discouraged.  Writing the right kind of Hub makes a big difference.

18. profile image0

Yes, I am not getting carried away writing hubs until I see if I will get canceled for some reason.  I am just going to wait until the first payout before I rush to do anymore hubs.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)