Is anyone having problems leaving comments on HP articles?

Jump to Last Post 1-38 of 38 discussions (57 posts)
  1. midget38 profile image87
    midget38posted 11 years ago

I have been trying to leave comments on several articles that I have read this morning and somehow it bounces without being able to post. Is anyone experiencing this problem?

1. Simone Smith profile image87
      Simone Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, sorry for the inconvenience midget38!  As Canthearmescream indicates, this is a known issue. We hope to have it fixed soon!

midget38posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks very much for helping us, Simone!

2. Thelma Alberts profile image90
      Thelma Albertsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I had that trouble yesterday, too. I thought my laptop is slow again. Now I was able to comments.

2. Cantuhearmescream profile image76
    Cantuhearmescreamposted 11 years ago
  3. Cantuhearmescream profile image76

oops, sorry; I hit submit before I was ready. Yes, we've been having this issue for over an hour now. They are aware of it and working on it. I know, it stinks.

4. midget38 profile image87

Yes, very frustrating.

5. midget38 profile image87

I think it's because of some hacking that reportedly went on yesterday on certain static IP addresses, I'm not sure how or by whom.

1. Cantuhearmescream profile image76
      Cantuhearmescreamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh wouldn't that just be lovely :-(

6. midget38 profile image87

sad

7. profile image49
    annachensposted 11 years ago

Someone once said, when the mood is bad, chocolate is our friends

I ate chocolate for 3 hours last night to get through this... now I woke up with a bellyache and it's still not working :-(

8. midget38 profile image87

Ah. Will have some!

9. travmaj profile image73
    travmajposted 11 years ago

Yes, I'm still having difficulty cannot post a comment - whoops I thought it was me!
    I'll take the forum advice and hit the chocolate.

10. eurozulu profile image60
    eurozuluposted 11 years ago

No, have left comments last couple of days no problem.

11. eurozulu profile image60
    eurozuluposted 11 years ago

Ignore my last reply Yes now cannot reply.

12. PaoloJpm profile image83
    PaoloJpmposted 11 years ago

today I cant comment in any hub I read.

13. profile image0
    Ghaelachposted 11 years ago

Why should I be left out.
    You know what they say, " Don't worry be Happy"
    Ghaelach

14. nufoundglory profile image59
    nufoundgloryposted 11 years ago

PHEW!!! I thought it was my computer!

Not you, definitely. Just tried again, still fixing.

15. janetwrites profile image81
    janetwritesposted 11 years ago

Yes, I have noticed the same. I can't leave a comment on any hubs.

Yup, the only way is to leave comments on hubs while it is scrolling by on the feed. A problem if the hub you want to comment on has been bumped down.

16. Maria Cecilia profile image84
    Maria Ceciliaposted 11 years ago

yes it'shappening to me now...

17. Cantuhearmescream profile image76

Boo stinkin' hoo! I just got up hoping that "last night's problem" was all better. Nooooo! I don't know how long I can live like this :-(

18. Maria Cecilia profile image84

can someone help me delete my comment above I did not why it had to be duplicated...

19. CloudExplorer profile image78
    CloudExplorerposted 11 years ago

Yeah its rough because I recently published 2 hubs, one last evening and another just recently. I hope they fix it soon, because the grace period of comments flowing from those looking for fresh new hubs isn't very long starting out and as we all know so very well.

20. profile image0
    MrsBrownsParlourposted 11 years ago

Yes. I was unable to post comments yesterday evening and just tried again to no avail. Thank you midget38 for this forum thread!

21. Desmondlee89 profile image71
    Desmondlee89posted 11 years ago

same for me too =/ tried to reply the same comment for the past 10 minutes

22. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 11 years ago

Same thing going on with my articles.

It started last night.

23. quicksand profile image81
    quicksandposted 11 years ago

I took some time (a lotta time really!) to compose a comment and I hit the "Post Comment" button. Then zwoooosh! I wuz taken right to the top of the page!  Just like a high speed elevator! Jeez It's fun! Zwooosh! smile

24. profile image49
    annachensposted 11 years ago

nice

25. Faith Reaper profile image82
    Faith Reaperposted 11 years ago

Hi Mary,

I figured out we can comment through the feed on hubs, so thanks for sharing my hub,and I wanted you to know that you can comment on it via here, the feed for some reason. 

God bless, Faith Reaper

26. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 11 years ago

I had that just now when trying to leave a comment. Faith I am not sure what you mean through the feed. thanks

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years agoin reply to this

On your main page (not your profile), there are hubs being 'fed' by that are newly published or on which those you follow have left comments.  You can comment in a small box at the bottom, but you can't really read the hubs without clicking on them.  And I don't think that activity counts as a view.

1. Faith Reaper profile image82
        Faith Reaperposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You can click on it and read the hub, but the comment will not take when you have the hub open after reading. However, one can go back to the feed after reading the hub, and leave a comment.

2. Faith Reaper profile image82

Go to Google and type in Hubpages.com and sign in through that in lieu of your email, and the feed will come up, and one is able to comment in that manner, so on new hubs being published, they will show up on the feed, and one can go there to comment if they so wish to do so.  Plus, if someone has commented on one of your hubs prior to the problem, and you had not had a chance to comment back on your own hub, you can if you just go to the feed and keep scrolling until you come to your hub where it had been commented on.  Also, if someone shares your hub, it will show up again in the feed, where comments can be made.

1. damian0000 profile image61
        damian0000posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Faith... I tried doing what you suggested about signing out and signing in again through google and it seems to work, at least I don't get bounced to top of page and I received message that comment had been noted and was awaiting approval from author... nice one! :-)
        Could you post this comment in the other forum too please..?
        I think it would help a lot of people..

1. Faith Reaper profile image82

Great!  I don't know about the other forum (for some reason), but you can post it if you would like to do so.

2. Faith Reaper profile image82

Oh, I see it now it in my email.  I was thinking it was the same forum.  Thanks.

27. yupperclub profile image60
    yupperclubposted 11 years ago

Comments, I believe, should be constructive criticism or praise, otherwise they could hurt the writers feelings and discourage them from pursuing their own creative writing.  Just a thought.

28. James-wolve profile image75
    James-wolveposted 11 years ago

I discovered how to leave comment.You can post from the front page which is called (FEED).It works.Click first on the hub you want to read and then return back to the previous page (feed)and then comment.It works.
    Have a nice day!

29. wayne barrett profile image74
    wayne barrettposted 11 years ago

I've seen this question earlier, and I just left a comment for someone and not only didn't it appear here, but when I went back and checked their hub, it wasn't there either.

30. wayne barrett profile image74
    wayne barrettposted 11 years ago

I commented on several Hubs today and now am realizing that probably none of them went through. They don't even show on my activity. Now some of us will be left wondering, were my latest Hubs really that bad, or or are they receiving comments that are just not going through?

wayne,
      I know exactly how you feel; a bit neglected? :-) I can assure you that your latest Hubs are not only not "really that bad" but are causing many fellow hubbers distress by not having the ability to leave a comment. I've been staring your Raw Love hub in the face for about 8 hours and I will not let it go! Argh! :-)
      Cat

31. Maria Cecilia profile image84

It's true we can only leave comments on the hubs that are still at feed, it's like posting a comment without the reading the whole story... hope this is just temporary....

1. James-wolve profile image75
      James-wolveposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No,click first to read and then return back to home page to comment.That is what I am doing  right now.

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You can read hubs without leaving the feed by clicking on preview, and leave a comment without actually visiting the page. Sometimes it's how I read hubs if I'm short on time.

32. baja2013 profile image61
    baja2013posted 11 years ago

First read hub, then go back to feed. Good exercise! smile

33. Maria Cecilia profile image84

but what about hub no longer in the feed? like for example those hubs at the bottom of our hubs that we click and read, can we post a comment to it even if  it is no longer at the feed? I guess I  will need to try it myself/

34. Maria Cecilia profile image84

I posted one comment successfully to one hub that I found in my own hub, now I will see if everything went back to normal already,  I will try to post comment to one hub that I can see in my feeds...

35. Maria Cecilia profile image84

I think it's all back to normal now..... I tried it, posted a comment to one hub without getting back to the feed...

36. vocalcoach profile image94
    vocalcoachposted 11 years ago

Mine are going through just fine. Thanks for the question.

37. Vlorsutes profile image72
    Vlorsutesposted 11 years ago

Seemed everyone was having trouble with it yesterday, but fortunately I haven't seen any issues today with it at all.

Yup, the issue has been solved, folks.

38. mayank147 profile image60
    mayank147posted 11 years ago

No not yet and i dont want to face such type of problem..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)