The following was brought to you by...

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (53 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

Hello! I just opened a stumbleupon acct. and have little to no idea what Im doing, let alone do I know how to find ppl to follow. I'm having the same trouble with pinterest and even twitter.
    Sooooo, I thought I would post my acct's here and if anyone wants to follow me, that would be great and if you wouldn't mind posting your links, I could follow you. Im very FB savvy so don't think Im an utter moron, ok? smile For the life of me, I just don't know where to locate the human beings on SU.

Thanks!

http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/Beth37/likes
    https://twitter.com/BethSamson37
    http://pinterest.com/bethellis37/

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
      DrMark1961posted 10 years agoin reply to this

In my opinion stumbleupon is a real waste of time. I only get about 3 or 4 page views per day from there.
      For Pinterest, go to the "search" and enter something that you like, and follow people who like that subject. (I entered "dogs" and found a lot of boards that way) Some will follow you back, some wont.
      I followed you on twitter. I do not get many page views from there, but do follow news sites and other subjects I am interested in, so I check it out during the day.

2. sleepylog profile image61
      sleepylogposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I am now following you on a couple of those, care to follow back and perhaps even share a few of my posts/likes/boards/pins/whatever lol smile?
      This is a great post by the way, it's so good to see everyone supporting each other like this.

3. Jacante profile image60
      Jacanteposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm just learning my way around Pinterest too.  I just followed you, here's my info if you want to follow too.  Thanks!
      http://pinterest.com/jacante/

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I already followed you. smile
        I still have no idea what Im doing, but at least Im not alone. lol

2. Sheri Faye profile image80
        Sheri Fayeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Jacante I just followed you...return the favor?

4. ExpectGreatThings profile image74
      ExpectGreatThingsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I've been meaning to set up a SU account. Thanks for the motivation. I found you on pinterest too. I LOVE Pinterest, and am clueless about stumbleupon. Has anyone written a hub about it? I mean, at a quick glance I didn't even notice a place where you could "like" your own articles. I'm ginger-n-spice on SU, Ginger Burke on Pinterest.

5. moonlake profile image83
      moonlakeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have followed you on all three. I like StumbleUpon, don't use Twitter much but do have an account, always use Pinterest.

2. profile image0
    Joanne M Olivieriposted 10 years ago

I just followed you on Twitter.  I had a Stumbleupon account but it was just too confusing and I am beginning to slowly get away from Facebook but I do like Twitter for promoting.

1. profile image0

Yea! Thanks Joanne and Cat, I followed you back. smile

1. TheKatsMeow profile image87
        TheKatsMeowposted 10 years agoin reply to this

K, I am off to add you now smile
        (I go by Katie Shew on pinterest and Twitter.)

3. Carola Finch profile image92
    Carola Finchposted 10 years ago

i got stumbleupon at the insistence of one of my publishers (not hubpages).  From my experience, it is made up of pages that people "like".  I think it is intended to be a place where people can look for topics that other people recommend, and is not a typical social media site with "friends" or "followers."  Quite a number of people have picked up my work from Twitter.  The key is to mark keywords with "hashtags," that is, if your topic is "cats," mark it by putting "#" like this: "#cats."  If you have two words, put the words together, i.e. "#mentalhealth."  Lots of people find me by searching for hashtags.  For me, Facebook is one of the best ways to spread the word (got over 10,000 hits on one article with a large percentage from Facebook).  Don't know much about Pinterest.  Good luck in the glorious world of social media!

4. baja2013 profile image59
    baja2013posted 10 years ago

I started with stumble an hour ago and got more than 15 views till now?!
    Still trying to figure out how to follow people smile
    P.S. @Beth following on all 3 accounts

5. Nicole Winter profile image59
    Nicole Winterposted 10 years ago

Wow, today seems to be the day for starting new accounts!  I just joined Tumblr, (after a lot of heel-dragging,) today...

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/nawinter77
    https://twitter.com/nawinter77
    https://www.facebook.com/nicole.a.winter.9?ref=tn_tnmn

I'm following you as I type smile

6. faythef profile image70
    faythefposted 10 years ago
  7. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 10 years ago

I have Stumble Upon and Twitter, but rarely use either.  I, too, find the SU site convoluted and difficult to navigate, so I don't bother with it anymore.

I was on Twitter fairly actively for a while, but also rarely anymore.  Twitter, like FB is a social media, and for best results, you can't just promote, promote, promote, or you'll be ignored as a spammer.  You have to build a following, interact with people, etc. etc...and I've got my hands full just keeping up with FB.  I don't have time to also tweet out life's trivia about changing favorite sock colors or going to buy a cuppa.   Nor am I interested in all the 'trending' nonsense about pop culture stars and their wardrobe malfunctions and haircuts. 
    With its character limit set at 140, there's not much useful you can say, nor meaningful conversations to be had.  FB is better for that, so that's where I focus my time for now.  I can follow multiple types of news and causes that actually interest me, and read/post in more detail.

8. chinared profile image60
    chinaredposted 10 years ago

I opened a stumble account 2 days ago, and overnight my page views went from stabilizing to well over 100! I just submited my hub links there, but have no idea how people found me; still trying to figure it out.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
      DzyMsLizzyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I've been there several months, and I started out putting a lot of my hubs up...it made zero difference to my traffic.

2. sleepylog profile image61
      sleepylogposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wow chinared how did you manage to do that? I've been on SU for months now and only get a handful of view each day and even that took months to happen. You're doing something right, maybe you should write a hub about it to enlighten us all smile

9. profile image0

Yea! How exciting! I hope I followed every one back on Pinterest that followed me. I still don't know how to post any of my stuff there.

I will check twitter and SU.

Im feeling very much part of a community. Thanks everyone. smile

10. Victoria Lynn profile image87
    Victoria Lynnposted 10 years ago

Beth, if you start an account on Pinterest and create boards, you can also create "pins" to attach to your boards. I mention this because nobody has really extolled the benefits of Pinterest. I get lots of traffic from there. I have boards on my hub topics, such as saving money, recipes, teaching, etc . . . . You can post your own hubs and those of others. People pin my hubs and give me increased views. I hope this helps.

1. profile image0

I think I have done that already if I understood you correctly. I pinned Mark Ewbies stuff as well as my own.

I checked out your boards, you are on the right track with pinterest. The only thing I can suggest is to keep pinning more, more, more!

2. ExpectGreatThings profile image74

I think it's hilarious that you have a board for Mark Ewbie smile His drawings are so fun!

1. profile image0

You think it's funny that I have a thing... I mean a board for Mark? haha
          I made it my mission to promote him where I could.
          I still don't really get stumble upon. Ugh. None of them are really fun cause you don't seem to communicate with others and that's the main draw for me. I will look for you. Thanks for following! smile

1. moonlake profile image83
            moonlakeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Beth you can add a button to your toolbar and when you setup a new Hubpage you can add it to Stumble Upon. You just have to be careful and only add one every few days. You can also add hubs to Tumblr and that can be done whenever you want. The button for Tumblr can be added to the toolbar and may already be in your browser.
            With StumbleUpon you just hit red Stumble and it will take you to new pages you can give that page a thumbs up or down. On some pages you can leave comments.
            Hope this helps some.

1. profile image0

Oh my goodness... Im not sure Im quite on top of all that yet. I don't even know what Tumblr is.

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
                DrMark1961posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Stumbleupon has provided less than 0.5 % of my page views, and Tumblr even less, but if you want to take a look and give it a try the link is
                http://www.tumblr.com/dashboard

1. profile image0

Ok, thank you both. smile

2. ExpectGreatThings profile image74

I don't know anything about Mark Ewbie except that his drawings are always entertaining. I guess I'll go follow him too now. I'll give you referral credit smile Thanks for the follows. Maybe someday I'll learn how to use those sites.

1. profile image0

He's just very funny. I guess all you do with those sites is post your stuff often, but not so often that you get kicked off for spamming. Ack! Let's hope we don't learn the hard way. smile

2. profile image0

Expect Great Things,
              I wrote a hub about Mark if you're interested. smile

1. Cardisa profile image87
                Cardisaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Beth, I know you are still a newbie here so maybe you don't know. You are not allowed to post links to your hubs in the forums unless specifically asked by HP staff to do so, even if the hub in question is about another hubber.

1. profile image0

You know what? I knew that and I completely forgot. So sorry... I was just thinking about showing EGT my hub about Mark. Duh. Ill remove it. Thanks.

11. Joseph Muendo profile image52
    Joseph Muendoposted 10 years ago

Hi Beth
    Just followed you on twitter @Junior247 pinterest and SU http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/Junior05/likes

12. sallybea profile image95
    sallybeaposted 10 years ago

Following you on pinterest and twitter Beth 37 -

13. agapsikap profile image59
    agapsikapposted 10 years ago

Hi Beth,very timely.
    I have followed you on twitter, @agapsikap.

14. profile image0

This is such a supportive group. It does my heart good just to see the email notifications. I am going to each of the sites and following you each back... I am still learning how to use them, so forgive me if I don't do it properly. If I miss anyone, please let me know. smile

15. faythef profile image70
    faythefposted 10 years ago
    1. Sheri Faye profile image80
      Sheri Fayeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Foloowed you Faythef

16. lulubelle7537 profile image60
    lulubelle7537posted 10 years ago

Im not new to the links you mentioned but i am new to Hub Pages, so I would love for you to checkout my first Hub and i will happily follow you on your accounts listed above. Hope you get lots of followers :-)

1. profile image0

Hi, welcome. Hope you enjoy it here. (No, Im not 37, that's just my user id. smile )

17. lulubelle7537 profile image60
    lulubelle7537posted 10 years ago

I think its cool that you're 37 (I assume) I am also 37 :-)

18. yupperclub profile image59
    yupperclubposted 10 years ago

i am trying to unfollow this stupid conversation...how do i go about it.

if you scroll to the top of this forum thread, there is a box that says unfollow in green. Click on it.

2. profile image0

You would have had to have posted once before this... never mind. lol

right, if you post, you automatically follow the forum thread... (unless @yupperclub you decided to purposefully to follow this conversation, in that case you would unfollow the same way that you followed it).

1. profile image0

Im just saying... their first post was one saying they were trying to stop getting notifications. Doesn't really make much sense does it? You'd have to post first, then get the notifications, then post a following post saying you were annoyed... They're missing the first post. Methinks he doth protest too much.

big_smile

19. Sheri Faye profile image80
    Sheri Fayeposted 10 years ago

I followed u on twitter and pinistrest. Best wishes.

1. profile image0

Yay, thanks Sheri!

20. yupperclub profile image59
    yupperclubposted 10 years ago

Try adding an "I" to the "FB".

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)