No Phone Call

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (37 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Copper Manposted 11 years ago

I just signed on and created a Hub to get things started. Clicked on Publish and got a message to enter my phone number and wait for a message. The phone never rang, so I was unable to publish the Hub. Any other way to become published? Thanks for any help.

1. Simone Smith profile image87
      Simone Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Might you be able to give SMS verification a try? It seems as though fewer people have trouble with that.

2. Simone Smith profile image87

I just checked your account and it looks like you tried twice to enter the code, but it was not the right one. Please give it another go, and if you can, try using SMS! big_smile

2. lovebuglena profile image85
    lovebuglenaposted 11 years ago

Something is not right here. You don't have to enter any phone number to publish a hub on Hub Pages. Are you sure this message came from Hub Pages?

We do require phone verification for many new accounts these days- this is entirely legit. big_smile

3. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 11 years ago

I never heard of HubPages making phone contacts.  Maybe you need to go back and read the directions again. Good luck.

4. profile image0

Seemed a strange requirement. But the phone never rang and the Hub just goes to this message and nothing else happens. I have the article saved and can read it to my hearts content, but nowhere do I see how to get it publised. Thanks for the reply.

5. aylsbillones profile image65
    aylsbillonesposted 11 years ago

I remember I choose the SMS option, so I waited for it.  I actually waited for a few minutes before I received the information.  You can try it again, if it didn't work out.

6. lovebuglena profile image85

Guys, this is very strange. I have created over 175 hubs and not one I asked for my phone # or to choose any SMS options. I just click on a link to create a new hub, enter the title, choose the category, what kinds of hub I am writing, and click to create my hub. Then I add all the relevant text, pics, and other capsules, write the summary and click on the button on top of the page where I add the content to the hub, and hub is published. I do this every time.  And it works every time. I am not asked for a phone #  or anything related to SMS. Get none of these kinds of messages. Something is definitely not right here... from what you guys are saying...

1. lovebuglena profile image85
      lovebuglenaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I meant * not one hub I was publishing asked for my phone # or to choose any SMS options.

2. lovebuglena profile image85
      lovebuglenaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The button that you click on to publish a hub has the word PUBLISH on it...

1. TheKatsMeow profile image87
        TheKatsMeowposted 11 years agoin reply to this

hmmm maybe it's a new system for newcomers?

3. LevisLace profile image60
      LevisLaceposted 9 years agoin reply to this

i have one for you. i just did my first hub. here is how it went:
      a box came up wanting my phone number to verify. I gave it and selected the text option. no text. then it said do it again. i chose the phone call. nothing. But, I went and checked my voicemail to see if they had maybe left a message and my phone does not work now,. no calls in or out.
      Not all......my computer went down immediately!! We are talking about a brand new computer, not even a week old. I am going to look into this and take it in to find out whats happened. If anyone knows what could have happened, please help me. My computer went down instantly!

7. lovebuglena profile image85

TheKatsMeow - Perhaps this could be true but what would be the reason for Hub Pages to do such a thing?

1. Barbara Kay profile image75
      Barbara Kayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There was a thread on this awhile back, so it happened to someone else too. Maybe you should ask about this.

8. Vlorsutes profile image73
    Vlorsutesposted 11 years ago

It'd have to be very recent then. I've only been on the site for a few weeks now, and I've never had to give my phone number before posting a hub. If it is a new system, it might be something to where your hub or your profile comes off as being suspicious, and they need some additional verification. I don't know.

Phone verification is not required of everyone, which explains why you did not go through it. smile

1. Vlorsutes profile image73
        Vlorsutesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That makes sense then. It seemed rather bizarre that he'd run into an issue like that when I myself, having only recently signed up, didn't have to verify by phone. If I may ask, since it isn't required of everyone, are there guidelines concerning which ones need additional phone verification and which ones don't?

2. LevisLace profile image60

and why do some need verification and others dont? is there a reason why my phone doesnt work now, and my computer went down? brand new computer. this needs to be reported. i will check into this myself and take it to a university and they will check it to see what has happened. i would appreciate some help from an administrator.

9. profile image0
    Beth37posted 11 years ago

I wrote mine on a mens room wall... Im still waiting for a call.

10. LCDWriter profile image91
    LCDWriterposted 11 years ago

I agree with Vlorsutes. I would fill out your profile information, add a picture and legitamize yourself.

11. profile image0

Perhaps I found my answer, though still puzzled about the telephone thing. In teeny tiny type under my article I spied the word pending. Clicked on that and got this message:
    "New and recently-edited Hubs go through a Quality Assessment Process, which lasts for up to 24 hours. Please note that editing Pending Hubs re-starts the 24-hour assessment period."
    Perhaps it will publish tomorrow or I will get a phone call.
    Thanks, everyone, for resonding to a Newbie.

12. Vlorsutes profile image73
    Vlorsutesposted 11 years ago

Though your hub is going through the Quality Assessment Process, it'd still be published. The QAP is what it has to pass in order to appear in searches on search engines such as Google or Bing, but it'd still be published so that it shows in your Profile.

Like I mentioned above, I've only been on the site for a few weeks now, but I've managed to publish a number of hubs without needing to input my phone number or anything along those lines.

13. profile image0

Well, I created another Hub, on Combat Fishing, no less, with photo. Clicked on the Submit button and, again, the site throws me into this black hole with a message telling me I have received a confirmation number (by phone) that I'm supposed to enter there and submit that information. Since I have no number to enter no publishing occurs. I captured a screen shot of the phony phone thing, and uploaded it here. Maybe.
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7922655_f248.jpg

1. LevisLace profile image60

thats what it said to me too. and nothing, no call. but my phone now doesnt even work, and my computer went down!

14. yupperclub profile image59
    yupperclubposted 11 years ago

It's not a PHONEY PHONE THING...what is probably PHONEY is your SINCERE effort to get involved in this community.  Think about it.

15. My Mind Speaks profile image60
    My Mind Speaksposted 11 years ago

Hmm, I don't remember having to give my phone number. Are you sure you don't have a virus on your computer? Have you checked your e-mail? Do you use sites with "https" so you know its a secure connection? The only other thing I can think is maybe a new security feature, have you ever signed up with hubpages in the past?

*Beth your answer literally made me "lol".

1. My Mind Speaks profile image60
      My Mind Speaksposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Actually come to think of it , I remember having a text messaging option.

2. profile image0
      Beth37posted 11 years agoin reply to this

haha, Im glad someone liked it.

16. yupperclub profile image59

I have no virus, but I can recognize valid security measures when I am approached.  Are you sure you're not just being CONNED?  or perhaps CAPTURED?!  Think about it.

17. OwlAlwaysLoveYou profile image59
    OwlAlwaysLoveYouposted 11 years ago

I think this may be a new feature.  I just started as well and I had to give them a phone number (only for the first hub) and enter a pin to compete publishing my hub.  A friend of mine who has bee on for roughly a year does not remember needing to do this step.

Maybe try again by starting a new hub and publishing that one. 

Good Luck!

18. profile image0

Thanks, everyone. I really appreciate the helpful advice. Just today, I tried once more to go through the steps. This time, the  phone rang and I was given a confirmation code to enter. When I did that, my Hub was instantly Okayed. I guess the (new?) requirement is so the telephone number can be verified as legitimate. Again, thanks.

1. Vlorsutes profile image73
      Vlorsutesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Not the phone number, per say, but the account itself I'd imagine. It's a way of keeping down advertising bots, since they'd need to go through an additional process of verifying their account that they wouldn't be able to easily do (if at all).

19. yupperclub profile image59

Phone number verification to land line, not cell, is a great idea.  Remember to keep your feet on the ground...just like electricity must be GROUNDED...human beans simply CANNOT fly.  Any problem with that (or doubts in your mind) you're free to experiment but I don't think your feet will leave the earth without proper equipment.

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

You forgot about jumping.

1. My Mind Speaks profile image60
        My Mind Speaksposted 10 years agoin reply to this

lmao!

20. yupperclub profile image59
    yupperclubposted 10 years ago

I never had to be verified by phone number either with HubPages...some Google accounts, YES...but not Hubpages.  There are probably other major sites around that require phone verification...ones I remember specifically were related to opening one or more accounts that were related to Google.  Not Hubpages...UNLESS YOU ARE IMPLYING!  Well, by golly...God is at work afterall.  Aren't you being a little public with confidential procedures or information if that is the case?  Think you better think about that simone simone.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)