#1 on Googles first page of results!

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (51 posts)
  1. darkside profile image64
    darksideposted 14 years ago
    1. onthewriteside profile image60
      onthewritesideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Go figure!  LOL!

2. profile image0
      newsworthyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

congrats on google dominating with your google domination recognition.

it reminds me of the last laugh of the last evening:
      "A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice." ~Bill Cosby

fun intended

3. anjalichugh profile image68
      anjalichughposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow! Wonder how that works. smile

1. Eric Graudins profile image60
        Eric Graudinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

For a once off payment of only $1997, and an ongoing fee of $167 per month, I'll be happy to show you lol

1. ngureco profile image79
          ngurecoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you offer any discount and how does one make a payment to you?

Edit: I was there in that website and it look like everything there is free.

No, my services are far to valuable to offer any discount.
            Just put the money in a brown paper bag under the big tree in the park. I'll be along to collect it tonight. lol
            (Or you could buy my book when it comes out, or read the hub I'll be publishing in the next day or so smile)

4. getpaidtopost profile image39
      getpaidtopostposted 14 years agoin reply to this

remember the search phrase is not so popular. It easy to do this with a niche keyword but a popular keyword is not so easy.

darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you missed the point of this thread.

2. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

Incredible. If only I could figure out how to do that!!!!!! wink

1. getpaidtopost profile image39

girly_girl09 I have just done something to enhance your hub search engine listings. Within 12-36 hours you should see your hub at number 1 for the search term Low Calorie Lunch If you would like to know how to do this you need to take a look at my keyword hubs. If you have any questions you can comment on the hub and I will reply.
      hope you like your number 1 spot. remember though this does not always work but I am 90% achievable I sleep for the other 10% big_smile

2. Davinagirl3 profile image60
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I did it with "Could Someone tell Paul Rudd He Looks Like Duncan Sheik".  It's the worst thing I've ever written, and that is from kindergarten on.

Nice one. you have shown how easy it is with a non competitive keyword term. Number 1 in Google well done.wink

3. Ivorwen profile image66
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

Too funny!  big_smile

4. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Well Darkside, what you think is a useless keyword might one day be a traffic rich page. Your adding age to that and say a webkin that's is rare and only around for a limited time comes out named Unimpressed Turtle is Unimpressed.

Google it and there are 3 results in " " .

Why those other 2 people put it in the world will never know, but I do know just like Adsense Pennies, sometimes 1 or 2 visits a month can add up to be 10,000+ total.

~thranax~

Ps: LMAO this is from that fourm post:
    http://pics.livejournal.com/dr_wrebagzhoe/pic/001t5cht
    The impressed turtle is unimpressed.

LOL!  Come to think of it, that's true!  Remember the Dancing Baby?

2. darkside profile image64

That's a mighty big might.

I won't be holding my breath.

For the record, I don't chase lucrative keywords. I write about things that interest me. But I don't make a habit of wasting my time investing in keywords that no one is searching for or has a 1 in a million chance of being hot some time in the future.

That's a strategy that is more likely to impress the Unimpressed Turtle.

3. RedElf profile image88
      RedElfposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lovely! I'll second that, lol.

5. Zeta Sfico profile image60
    Zeta Sficoposted 14 years ago

LOL.. btw, it looks like the turtle is angry!

6. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

Oh that's a great achievement Darkside.
    Bravo.

It's right up there with the term "frongelous facial growth", which Mark Knowles totally dominates on Google after I posted some Vogon poetry for him.
    http://markpknowles.com/ode-to-mark-p-k … al-growth/

Keywords are GREAT.
    There's squillions of them, and everyone on the planet can rate number one of google for heaps and heaps of them!

Cuppla weeks, we'll ALL be millionaires!

My next key phrase is going to be "lighting-farts-with-matches-instead-of-a-Bic-to-mask-the-stink".  How do you think I'll do?

Is that to burn the fouled air so as to avoid an unsuspecting victim to walk into a room where you've dropped your guts?

Or is it the party trick?

Using a Bic lighter is better for the party trick.

Mark should consider himself lucky that the Unimpressed Turtle has no interest in frongelous facial growth.

Oh no, I spoke too soon. This thread is coming up in the third position for such a search.

1. Mrvoodoo profile image57
        Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol, I just had to go check, brilliant!

7. lakeerieartists profile image63
    lakeerieartistsposted 14 years ago

I'd say that the turtle is really not impressed.

8. nicomp profile image61
    nicompposted 14 years ago

It's creepy that there are 254 other matches.

That's because the words are peppered around their page.

Eric explained it recently in this thread post.

If you use it in quotes "the unimpressed turtle is unimpressed with your unimpressive keyword selections" it will give only... TWO results.

My hub and THIS THREAD.

See how fantastic I am at completely dominating a keyword phrase!

1. nicomp profile image61
        nicompposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Be sure to track your Google Analytics account and let us know how people find your page.

1. weblog profile image56
          weblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That would be more interesting!! big_smile

At the moment, with the exception of a link at Facebook and Twitter, it's all internal hubpages.com traffic.

There's been some from Google. But most likely all those searches and clicks have been from people going there via this thread.

9. dawei888 profile image61
    dawei888posted 14 years ago

Brilliant - thanks for showing us this! dawei888

10. marinealways24 profile image60
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

That turtle is freaking excellent.

11. ngureco profile image79
    ngurecoposted 14 years ago

I have a feeling it would be more logical to wait for your book, "Starting Your Online Business", rather than be waiting for you under the big tree at night with an endless fee of $167 per month.

12. Isela profile image61
    Iselaposted 14 years ago

So funny!!!

13. CarpetDiem profile image72
    CarpetDiemposted 14 years ago

Congrats and thanks for the laugh. Great turtle picture!

14. getpaidtopost profile image39
    getpaidtopostposted 14 years ago

I have just checked my search term and i am number 7 out of 15,700,000 results, Now that's what i call results. Disable Windows Automatic Restart After Update

Results don't mean much. How many people are actually searching for that term?

That's the point of this thread.

I know what you are saying but who in there right mind is searching for
        "the unimpressed turtle is unimpressed with your unimpressive keyword selections"

What I should have said, its easy to get number 1 on Google if your search term is not competitive. with a none competitive keyword term just one hotlink on a relatively high ranked site will see you at number 1 spot. However getting number 1 with a competitive keyword keyword term is not so easy,

Which IS the point of this thread.

Now getting back to your 15,700,000 results, the question is, how many people are searching for Disable Windows Automatic Restart After Update?

with the terms used you can make many different variations of search terms The term i used in the previous post does not register for any searches, however if i change the search term to Disable Windows Automatic Restart this is searched 590 times a month and stop windows automatic restart is searched 260 times a month, and "stop windows automatically restarting" is being searched on average 73 time a month.

That's nearly 1000 targeted searches for my search term.

However the point i was trying to make is that its easy to get number 1 results with a non competitive keyword term. I was not saying my search term is competitive but rather the subject on which its based is extremely competitive. As shown by the number of results.

I found a small niche within a big subject, this is why i can not get number 1 with this subject. but really I only created this hub to help others on hubpages as I had the same problem where i wrote my hub in draft within Microsoft Word went to make a cup of tea and a bite to eat then when i returned to my computer if was at the login screen.

I lost all my work. so I thought it relevant to other hubbers. I did not make the hub to make money.

If you want to challenge me with a seo project let me know, I like a good challenge. big_smile

OK, how about getting a page with the phrase "make money online" anywhere between position 1 and position 10 on google ? lol

Which do you think would be better: "making money online" or "make money online"?

2. getpaidtopost profile image39

I have already done this. with a website called searchdub.com this was number 3 in google for the term make money online. This was there for about a year Then i change the site and purpose of the site. it was a ptc site but now its a blogging site. I have just checked and it no longer listed for that term make money online. I do have number 1 spot for "make money bux" with buxday.

I have a spair domain so i will reproduce my first page listing for make money online. I know its slightly more difficult as make money online is now seen as a spam keyword term on many blogs.

Will still give it a go. I like a good challenge. thanks you guys for the motivation.

15. abinavis profile image60
    abinavisposted 14 years ago

Interesting topic but do not know how to achieve that. Perhaps I get clues in here.

16. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 14 years ago

I'm working on an unimpressed turtle recipe hub.

My favourite is turtle in a froth of atomised spinach- sometimes called:

Unimpressed Turtle with Irony Mist

I think I speak on behalf of The Unimpressed Turtle when I say that he'll be completely unimpressed that you wish to eat him.

17. Zeta Sfico profile image60

make money online, dude.. please take your time to done that challenge. maybe take 1 year at least. way to go darkside.

1 year are you having a laugh! Its never taken me more than a few weeks.

Let us know how you go with that.

18. Zeta Sfico profile image60

well, if u have a big 'network' (maybe moeny too), then you're on. but, if you need to start from scratch, then it's the best target (minimum), naturally. just my 2cents kay? you sure one of the big 'guy' in the SEO, ha? toying with google to get 1st rank in serp for competitive keyword is fun. it's such a waste for you to let ur blog purpose change..

19. 02SmithA profile image60
    02SmithAposted 14 years ago

Now that is pretty awesome!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)