Adsense Problem - is somebody Click Bombing me?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (27 posts)
  1. 2besure profile image79
    2besureposted 10 years ago

I just to 1 Adsense click for $37.54.  I have gotten the occasional 10 or $12 once or twice a year; but these feels like, someone is trying to hurt me.  What advertiser would pay that much for 1 click?  The article only has twelve views and one click.  Can someone please talk me down!

1. nufoundglory profile image60
      nufoundgloryposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's not click bombing. Click bombing is when someone's "continuously" clicking on your ads. Looks like you only got 1 click and that one click gave you $37.54. If it's click bombing you might've had like 188 clicks and 5 page views, doesn't matter how much a click gives u.

2. faythef profile image69
    faythefposted 10 years ago

that's awesome...Why would anyone want to hurt you ?..I certainly hope they would not..

2besureposted 10 years agoin reply to this

My website, is  about a free program for low income families and individuals.  I also have a youtube video, with the site link on it.  Sometimes I get very ugly comments about poor people and people receiving government assistance.  These are the type of people might want to hurt the site.

3. lovebuglena profile image85
    lovebuglenaposted 10 years ago

Some keywords have a very high competition and if someone is desperate to come up on top of the Google Search results, maybe even the first one on the first page, they may pay a ridiculous amount of money per click. I don't think you have anything to worry about that the CPC is so high. Google always says that earnings may change once they are finalized so maybe this number will be different. Still, i wouldn't worry about it. If you had endless clicks from same IP address and the user didn't stay on the page the ads took them too for even a few seconds then I'd worry.

4. 2besure profile image79
    2besureposted 10 years ago

Oh, that is comforting to know.  I was  concerned.  I guess if is was only 1 click, that would not constitute click bombing.  How do you track the ip addresses that come to you site?  Thanks lovebuglena

5. SpaceShanty profile image93
    SpaceShantyposted 10 years ago

I think you are just lucky!  If you were being click bombed then you would see more than just 1 click.

The most expensive CPC words are insurace at around $54 Per click, Loans at $44 and mortgage at $47

6. yansky23 profile image67
    yansky23posted 10 years ago

But there's a risk there. If Adsense detected false clicks, they might ban your Adsense account.

7. yansky23 profile image67

suspicious clicks is an Adsense no no.

I am clear concerning these types of things. I never ask anyone to click my ads or click myself.  This is stealing, and yes, a no, no!

8. yansky23 profile image67

If they have detected and ip adress that consistently clicks Adsense ads, Adsense will investigate that. Just saying.

9. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 10 years ago

If you are really concerned (although it doesn't sound like 1 high paying click is too much to be concerned about) then go to your Adsense reports page and report that you suspect 'unusual activity' via their contact link ( under help at the top right of page if I recall correctly). I believe it is the following link to make a report: https://www.google.com/support/adsense/ … t&rd=2

Once you do this you cover yourself, and if anything dodgy is detected by Google Adsense they won't blame you because you already raised a concern over it. If all is well you will get paid as per normal.

I still reckon you are better off on the HP Ad program for decent earnings though (unless you already are and just happened to get this click on the one Adsense paid ad block left on your hub).

mistyhorizon2003, you are right, it sounds like I just got lucky.  I am aware of that link you posted.  I will use is if I am ever 'really' clicked bombed.  I done use the HP Ad program,  I only use Google, but always make payout.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
        mistyhorizon2003posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Have you ever tried the HP Ad program? The reason I ask is that most people do much better on it because it is paid on views (impressions) rather than clicks. I make payout on the HP Ad program at least 6 times over each month, whereas on Adsense I very much doubt I would do more than half of that. It is well worth periodically swapping between the two for a month just to see if one is performing better for you than the other.

10. pinappu profile image83
    pinappuposted 10 years ago

If you had not clicked it yourself then why are you worried? You got paid a huge bill for a click and it is not your fault.

No pinsppu, I never click on my own ads.  I know that is against Adsense TOS, and considered click fraud.

11. nakmeister profile image67
    nakmeisterposted 10 years ago

Lucky you, well done for getting it- that's brilliant! And gives me some hope for the future!!

Thanks!  Adsense gods, bless nakmeister with a hugh click!

12. snlee profile image66
    snleeposted 10 years ago

By the way, what's your article about to get such high dollar click?

13. profile image0
    Ethan Greenposted 10 years ago

Don't forget that the ads are first chosen based on the reader's search history, not the topic of the page. So even if you were writing about something with a low CPC topic like vegetables, if the viewer has been recently looking into choosing an online spread-betting company, then they might see adverts based on spread-betting, forex, gold trading etc on your page. And then if they click on one of those ads, you are going to get that massive payout.
    So don't panic and just keeping hoping your hub attracts more people who are searching for high competition terms!

Ethan, I didn't know this.  That explains it.  I am glad I turned back on my interest based ads!

14. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

One thought...

Two or more advertisers might have showed up on your page with their ads set to bid instead of fixed. Their problem, not yours. Enjoy the gift and bask in the glory. big_smile

Oh, that was a gift!  Good, I need a root canal, that will add a little more to the kitty!

15. Mark Johann profile image60
    Mark Johannposted 10 years ago

I agree that you don't need to worry. Let us see if Adsense will give you some notice or something.

OK Mark!  You know you kind of get used to it coming in, in  drips and drabs and then, wham!  This sky is falling, the sky is falling!  LOL!

16. jdw7979 profile image72
    jdw7979posted 10 years ago

Sounds like a decent little pay grab and nothing shady! Kudos and keep on hubbing..

Thanks, jdw7979!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)