KNOWN ISSUE: Some Google SERPs not on subdomain [see bit.ly/10GIBdz]

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (20 posts)
  1. janderson99 profile image53
    janderson99posted 10 years ago

About 100 of my pages dropped from the number of pages index shown in webmasters tool on 7th of April .
    I also have noticed that some pages appear in the SERP results without showing my subdomain
    This hub
    http://janderson99.hubpages.com/hub/Mar … Adventures

appears in the SERP results when you do a title search as

Margaret River, Western Australia - Wines, Surf, Forests, Ecotours
    hubpages.com › ... › Travel and Places › Visiting Australia and Oceania‎
    Mar 17, 2013 – Margaret River is the gateway to the magical surfing, wineries and ecotourism adventures in the South West Region of Western Australia.

Does this explain why pages have been dropped from the list of those indexed?
    Has HP put noindex tags on hubs ( unfeatured them without them showing in the my account list?
    How accurate is the number indexed in WMT?
    Have 100 pages really been dropped from the INDEX? If so how can I find them?

Thanks,

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

There is another thread floating around about the 3 different URLS a hub can be indexed with, somewhere. I saw a discussion on it in the Hubpages Group on G+ too.

2. Simone Smith profile image88
      Simone Smithposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sorry about this! Matt and the team are on it!

3. Matthew Meyer profile image71
      Matthew Meyerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This is related to the known and ongoing issue that is affecting Google WMT verification and Authorship not showing for the sub-domain URL. 
      This is related to how Google is choosing to index and display the information we present to them.

You can find info about the other symptoms of this broader problem in these other forum threads.

KNOWN ISSUE: Some Hubs don't show in G WMT
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/112471#post2394653

KNOWN ISSUE: Authorship for subdomain only
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/111275#post2368074

KNOWN ISSUE: Google indexing, WMT verify, and authorship, etc.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/112622#post2398093

janderson99posted 10 years agoin reply to this

What are the implications? Earnings?  Reputation? Traffic?
        Is Google 'remembering' the NOINDEX tag and showing the page in the SERPS from the topics  js file? As I some of my files are those that I have edited after being idled.
        Is it related to changes in the Title of the page which then becomes different to the URL - as many of the pages I have edited involved changes in the Title to garner more traffic?
        It's a Worry!
        Thanks for your efforts in trying to rectify this.
        Cheers,

1. Matthew Meyer profile image71

>>Earnings?
          No, all of your traffic is still tracked and recorded.
          >>Traffic?
          Shouldn't have much effect as the URLs are usually indexed and available as search results, just in some cases google has them indexed hubpages.com/hub instead of the author sub-domain.
          >>Is Google 'remembering' the NOINDEX tag and showing the page in the SERPS from the topics  js file?
          We don't believe so.
          >>Is it related to changes in the Title of the page which then becomes different to the URL - as many of the pages I have edited involved changes in the Title to garner more traffic?
          No, as there are examples when the title has never changed.

1. Dale Hyde profile image81
            Dale Hydeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

">>Is Google 'remembering' the NOINDEX tag and showing the page in the SERPS from the topics  js file?
            We don't believe so."

I am not nearly as smart as most who post here without any doubt, but this does worry me, "We don't believe so."

It would be nice to know one way or the other.

4. Matthew Meyer profile image71

Just wanted to give an update.
      I have created a top-level thread for all the related issues.
      Please see it for updates.

KNOWN ISSUE: Google SERPS affecting authorship display and WMT
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/112722
      http://bit.ly/10GIBdz

2. dilipchandra12 profile image64
    dilipchandra12posted 10 years ago
    1. Simone Smith profile image88
      Simone Smithposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing those threads, dilipchandra12. smile

3. dilipchandra12 profile image64
    dilipchandra12posted 10 years ago

After seeing the indexed number drop, i stopped logging into my WMT.

I observed one strange thing, only those hubs of mine which are getting very good views are out of my sub-domain index and are indexed on HubPages. And also I've seen in search results, some hubs of mine (getting somewhat good traffic) are having my Authorship i.e. indexed on my sub-domain.

Now the sad thing is, those well performing hubs of mine indexed on hubpages are also going down in search engine results slowly.

4. janderson99 profile image53
    janderson99posted 10 years ago

Matthew

New Theory about the SERPS listings showing the topics NOT subdomains

I have found about 50 and most were first pubished before the end of June 2011

Perhaps its a legacy of the conversion to subdomains

If you want I can email you a list of 55 from my sub. There is a clear distinction before and after end of June 2011.
    I have submitted them all to WMT for indexing - hopefully thet will show up there as an increase in number indexed. All passed the "Fetch" so Google finds them under the URL subdomain.

Anyone confirm this with other SUBs?

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
      paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I thought of doing a fetching frenzy, myself. Please let me know if it helps, or actually hurts, your traffic. neutral

Sorry for the intrusion, but I just did a search for the title of some of your older hubs (2+ years) and hey presto! when listed in the SERPS they all show topics and not your sub!!!

Top 10 Best / Funny Jokes Making the Internet Rounds ~ Humor
        How to Pimp My / Your College Dorm Room
        How to Learn Algebra Fast. How to Do Equations. Complete Beginner Algebra Lessons. Plus Problems and Solutions.

Therory works with Paul E's hubs as well

How to remove a broken or stripped screws - 17 months
          How To Switch Checking Accounts - 19 months
          How to Paint a Wood Dresser - 20 months
          Yes subdomain  /\
          about 2 YEARS
          Not subdomain -  Topic in SERP  \/

How to Barbecue a Whole Salmon 22 months
          How to Knit with Your Fingers
          How to Barbecue Suckling Pig on the Grill
          How to get Rid of Rats Inside and Out

2. paradigmsearch profile image59

Maybe I'll fetch just the low-traffic, topics ones. Nothing to lose...

Assuming I can work up the motivation at this point... big_smile

2. janderson99 profile image53

I actually FETCH every one of my little lovelies when they pass QAP to beat the NOINDEX legacy curse. I don't see why it would hurt the bot's feelings if it has any. But maybe doing 50 in an hour may cause stomach rumbles and wind.

1. paradigmsearch profile image59

"High traffic hubs indexed via topics..."

The chicken or the egg, which came first? I'm just wondering if the only reason the high-traffic hubs are high traffic is because of the indexing via the topics route. Thus, if Google is told to ignore topics and only look at the subdomains...

Its a double-yoker because all pages are in the site maps via the topics and most via the subs.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
            Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That would be my worry too, since the majority of my Hubs pre-date the sub-domain switch and I'm not currently experiencing any loss of traffic.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)