The intentional dumbing of our children and future.

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (49 posts)
  1. Josak profile image61
    Josakposted 10 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8010322_f248.jpg
    Choice qoute from the test given to these children: "Dinosaurs lived with people", True of False, apparently the correct answer is True. And we wonder why this country is not doing very well.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Any educational system which approves and teaches that, should be TOTALLY dismantled.   Every intelligent person KNOWS that dinosaurs were extinct before the advent of humankind.  Come on now.   I cannot believe that schools teach this. I DOUBT it!  Some child who was NOT attentive in class answered the question incorrectly.  Most children know that dinosaurs NEVER lived with humankind.   The premise that dinosaurs lived with humankind is totally fictional and is the subject of television shows and movies, not reality.

1. Josak profile image61
        Josakposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This is a genuine event at a Christian school which teaches such idiocy. If you look at the top you can see the student got an A+ for this test.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/signs/sciencetest.asp

Most Christian schools should be dismantled, it is apparent that children are being mislead and misinformed.   Typical parochial schools are backwards and teach children atavistic methodology which in turn wil severely retard them in this postmodern age.   American children in such schools are NO BETTER than those in the WORST PUBLIC SCHOOLS.  Both are damned for future failure and penury so to speak.  In essence, both are LEFT WAY BEHIND!

We also need INTELLIGENT, CRITICALLY THINKING teachers.  There are plenty of teachers who are simply UNQUALIFIED to teach a cat, let alone our precious children.   There need to be MORE STRINGENT qualifications for teachers in America.   There are TOO MANY unqualified and inept teachers out there!

2. CHRIS57 profile image60
          CHRIS57posted 10 years agoin reply to this

This is all rubbish.
          There were no dinosaurs mentioned in the bible. So dinosaurs never existed. This is all an invention of Michael Crichton and Steven Spielberg.
          :-)

HA HA HA, funny!

1. tirelesstraveler profile image61
              tirelesstravelerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Bible does say Leviathan aka sea monsters in 6 places. One verse even says that Leviathan plays among the ships.

1. CHRIS57 profile image60
                CHRIS57posted 10 years agoin reply to this

"Ships" were nutshells in those days. Any larger whale could easily step in for monster. However whales were distingushed animals in the bible. So may be sharks, crocodiles.. would do??
                Anyways, donĀ“t take this comment too seriously. What is of much more concern is the fact that this kind of junk is taught in schools. Unbelievable.

2. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Pretty silly stuff. What's even more of a joke is what the NEA has done to public education. Teachers unions are a thousand times scarier than that isolated example you have presented. Perhaps, like NAZI Germany, we should force parents to send their children to our public liberal indoctrination system that is eroding American civilization before our very eyes.
      https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAlB0FU-_y50lLHjc5mOdNGIXnv-ddhxs5cS2LyInLt4SkqQyxqQ

1. Josak profile image61

Frankly even the worst pubic education you can get in the US is not as bad the level of education implied by people suggesting humans lived alongside dinosaurs.

1. profile image0

I think I would rather my kids believe that than this crap.
          http://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/distribute_the_wealth-550x412.jpg?w=640

1. Josak profile image61

Simple mnemonic device "distributive property" is a mathematical term and the easiest way to remember it is "distribute the wealth", wealth is distributed continuously not just by the government, any transaction is a distribution of wealth.

So no, nowhere near as bad, no need to be so PC about a mnemonic device.

1. profile image0

Oh yes, for teaching math problems it is quite simple. Funny thing though, when applied to real life it only seems to work out on paper. Unless you multiply by 100 million dead people.

1. Josak profile image61

Do you still fail to understand high school mathematics? It is an algebraic term, not a political one.

1. profile image0

It's both. wink

2. Uninvited Writer profile image78
            Uninvited Writerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes, math is bad...

1. profile image0
        2. profile image0
          JaxsonRaineposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Frankly, they are both bad.

My kids aren't going to public schools, they are laughable at best.

1. Josak profile image61

Eh it varies greatly from one to the other, as far as earnings after school and test results if one calibrates for the relevant wealth of the families of the children who attend them (and the known impact on school results from this) then kids who go to private school don't do any better than public school.

I made sure my kids went to public school, there is nothing worse than the spoiled sheltered brats private school produces but I also did some homeschooling on areas I thought were lacking.

1. profile image0
              JaxsonRaineposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Most private school is crap too.

The field of education took huge steps backward in the 1500s, and hasn't recovered since. The ancient Greeks were the ones who first started to unlock the natural power of the brain, but religion caused those methods to be wiped out of schools because they were 'unholy'.

Every public school, and every private school I've ever seen, teaches children extremely ineffectively. It's like school is a car, and you're trying to get your kid to a destination, but all schools refuse to shift out of first gear. It's complete nonsense.

There is no reason why kids shouldn't be able to have a law degree by 18. Not kidding in the slightest.

1. profile image0
                PrettyPantherposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I agree!

3. Kevin Peter profile image61
      Kevin Peterposted 10 years agoin reply to this

"Dinosaurs lived with people". Not believable. Dinosaurs got extinct even before human beings appeared on this earth. Then how come this quote becomes true.

1. Josak profile image61

Because religious loons who run that school believe the earth and all the creatures on it were created in seven days.

2. tirelesstraveler profile image61
    tirelesstravelerposted 10 years ago

Who was there to declare there were no dinosaurs at the time of the flood?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

As there was no one alive today that was there when the transcontinental railroad was built, it is obviously a ploy of Satan.

Satan laid the rails and drove the spikes himself.  He even produced the story of John Henry the steel driving man, to confuse us, and made those old steam engines that rode the rails back then.  The earth was created in May, 1950 - just before my birth - and anyone older is a demon, spawn of Satan set upon the earth to sow dissension and confusion.

2. Josak profile image61

Archeology and carbon dating.

1. tirelesstraveler profile image61
        tirelesstravelerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Just theories.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image78
          Uninvited Writerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Seriously?

3. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

http://www.snopes.com/photos/signs/sciencetest.asp

What's interesting to me is how many ppl take something at face value.
    Did anyone question the validity of this pic? I'm not saying it's not 100% authentic, however, it's not as if we don't have the technology to say... change the date on the test in this pic... or the questions/answers. Are there not ppl from every tribe and nation, that teach their children things we never would? What is so shocking? I would never teach my children many of the things an Atheist teaches their child. Andie McDowell says she and her husband run around nude on their ranch in front of their children... I can't imagine doing this, or going to a nude beach. Christian scientists have let members of their faith die b/c they refuse the help of modern medicine. Unless your child attends this school, is this really something that affects your life personally? I don't think you need to fear these kids becoming future scientists so why is the reaction of many "Two arms!" when something so insignificant takes place? Read the last sentence on that link... it seems like such overkill.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes, of course there are many cultures that teach things that we never would.  It is just one of the reasons there are so many third world countries, full of poverty, misery and ignorance - they have no real knowledge base to build on. Even though knowledge it is freely available it isn't accepted as truth, children aren't taught it and the local conditions continue their abysmally slow advance, falling behind the rest of the world every day.

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

If you notice, ppl use the ploy of "This affects all of us because..." But honestly... every thing every person on earth teaches their kid affects us in one way or another... outside of that commonality... it really doesn't affect any of us. If that's what they believe and teach their children, it's none of our business. There are some ppl beating their kids right now and molesting them as well... we might wanna get involved in these kinds of situations. I would think being abused would be a hell of a lot worse than being misguided.

1. Josak profile image61

Of course being abused is worse, both are bad though.

1. profile image0

According to that logic, you, believing religion to be false I assume, should then stop all the ppl of the world from teaching their children about God. Basically, just run the world as you see fit. Maybe you can do something about ppl wearing white after labor day too.
            Or possibly some problems are greater than others and there is a point where you stop trying to control everyone around you and allow ppl to exist as they see fit.
            You cannot compare the two issues. If an issue is not harmful and doesn't affect you, be at peace with others. It's a gift you give yourself as well as them.

1. Josak profile image61

It's not for me that I worry but for the poor kids having their heads stuffed with what we can factually prove to be wrong. They are our future, there are few issues that are more important.

1. profile image0

And there it is... the "It affects me and the future of our planet and that is why we have to freak out that a small school somewhere in the US teaches that dinosaurs and men existed at the same time."
                Really? Have you heard of Darfur? What about sweat shops? How about children starving in the Appalachians? How about the fact that there are teachers, male and female, sexually abusing the students, as we speak? But yeah... lets all focus on this subject... the dinosaur thing... cause why? Oh yeah, cause the word Christian is attached. Fodder for a new thread. Perfect. Other wise, what would ATM have to do today?

1. Josak profile image61

We do stuff about all those things, all things that are wrong should be tackled, this is just another one, stop acting persecuted it's a tired and ridiculous Schtick in a country where 70% of the population is Christian.

1. profile image0

What do you personally do?

2. A Troubled Man profile image58
                  A Troubled Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That would be the result of a world that has been run by folks who have been intentionally dumbed down, the point of this thread.

Before or after I go golfing and swimming?

1. Zelkiiro profile image88
                    Zelkiiroposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Golfing?! Screw that noise, use the carts to have a destruction derby!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D7IAvRAXng

2. A Troubled Man profile image58

Childhood indoctrination is child abuse.

No, instead of magical sky daddies telling us what to do, we would use reason, rationale and logic to run the world, as it should be.

That would put every single Christian evangelist out of work.

Childhood indoctrination affects us all negatively. It is not a gift, it is a blight.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000!

2. Josak profile image61

Snopes found it to be accurate.

Teaching children things that are simply factually wrong is itself wrong, we can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that these claims are false, there is no matter of opinion or interpretation about it. So yes it's definitely wrong.

3. A Troubled Man profile image58

Like facts?

Yet, she's a devoted Christian who attends church every Sunday.

4. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 10 years ago

It's interesting how teachers and the education system are always at fault.  Have you tried teaching the children of today in a classroom?  What are parents doing at home with these kids?  Children are still being sent to school with packed lunches including lunchables, colored, sugar filled water, chips, pop tarts,
    nothing but junk, and parents expect their children to learn.  They have no attention span, they lack social skills and they're packed together in classrooms and expected to learn. 
    BTW, brainwashing starts at home.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)