HELP! Trouble applying for AdSense :/

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (23 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Jennifer Sucheyposted 10 years ago

I'm having trouble applying for AdSense. I initially applied with my blog a few months ago and was denied due to not enough content. Now I'm entering my HubPages link to apply for that instead and it tells me that my Google Account is still pending approval. So it won't let me switch to HubPages for approval.

I really don't want to create a Google account with a new email address and don't see how to cancel my previous application. I don't see how to contact anyone for help at Google.

I'm wondering if the best way to do it is to move all of my HubPages content to my blog, then get approved, then move it back. But what a massive pain!

Any advice???

1. Simone Smith profile image88
      Simone Smithposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Jennifer Suchey; I am afraid I have no specific advice. The AdSense application is out of our control, and I have yet to hear of a case in which one has been able to revoke a pending application.
      I think your best course of action would be to wait it out; I am afraid I do not know of any other actions, though I am also by no means an expert on this front. ^_^;;

2. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Once you've submitted an application with one site, you can't change to another site.  You'll need to persevere with your blog application, that's the only way you can proceed.

2. Cerebral Aspect profile image73
    Cerebral Aspectposted 10 years ago

I applied when I initially joined and was rejected, not surprisingly.  I waited until I had 20 hubs to apply again, and I was accepted.  Right now it appears you have 10 hubs.  Just post 10 more and then reapply.

1. profile image0
      Jennifer Sucheyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your reply but did you actually read my post? I wasn't denied in relation to HibPages, I can't even APPLY for HubPages because my precious application for ads on my blog three months ago was denied and still "pending". I haven't even done anything with my blog since and recently switched my attention to HubPages. My question was how to get Google to switch my application to HubPages and not my blog. It flat out wont allow me to. The reason I ask if you read my post is because the last response was similar to yours and it just feels like people are doing their due diligence to keep their hub score up by commenting I'm the forums, though not necessarily for any real purpose other than to give me hope someone might be helping me with my plight.

Sorry. I'm in in a bad mood and guess I needed to vent.

3. Cerebral Aspect profile image73
    Cerebral Aspectposted 10 years ago

I did read your post, I read both of them.  I was doing other things and didn't give this my undivided attention and kind of melded both of your posts about applying after 10 hubs and this one.  Sorry about that.  Before you remove your hubs, I would try contacting the administrators and see if they can contact google.  Removing and reposting all your hubs sounds like a real chore.

1. profile image0

Thanks. I appreciate the thoughtful reply. I'm not going to remove my hubs. If anything I'll spend the week building up my blog content and then try to get approved for that, then HubPages. I want to get my blog more established anyway, but had planned on focusing on HubPages a while longer first.

Anyway, thanks again.

2. Writer Fox profile image31
      Writer Foxposted 10 years ago

Go to Google's official Adsense support forum and search for answers.  You can also ask questions there and sometimes a Google employee will answer:

http://productforums.google.com/forum/# … es/adsense

1. WokandRoll profile image59
        WokandRollposted 10 years ago

I believe you've gotten your answer, but my two cents is that you cannot stop a pending request, so if you don't want to create a new Google account to try and sign up for AdSense with HubPages, you're going to have to receive an okay with your blog content.

I personally wouldn't remove your HubPages content to post on your blog. Even though the search engines might not catch it that quickly, I feel having duplicate content would dilute the search value of your content. At the very least, if you went the route of moving it over, I would keep it on your blog and create new content for HubPages if your HubPages stuff isn't too settled (lots of comments, views, etc.) on the HubPages site. I would think the HubPages stuff would already be in the search engines, though, so I'd want to keep them there and just fiddle with SEO.

My advice is to work on beefing up your blog with new, non-HubPages articles (I've heard you need about six month's worth of content to be accepted) and try and get accepted through that.

Good luck!

1. profile image0

Thanks for your reply. You've heard 6 months of content for a blog specifically? Just curious. The email I got from Adsense listed three reasons, at least two of which are not valid. One was because they thought I was under 18. Apparently I missed checking a box for that. Another was difficult to navigate site, which is not true. It couldn't be easier so that one worries me since there's nothing to change for better navigation. All my links work etc. The last was about content. And I do need more of it. I know I need to beef that up and provide more of it.

Anyway, I've had my blog for about a year, but haven't posted all that much. Been distracted with other things.

2. yupperclub profile image61
        yupperclubposted 10 years ago

What I did was create youtube videos that were able to be monetized. ..make sure everything you use in the video is okay for commercial use.  Made about 8-10, maybe more, plr article videos with royalty free music (okay for commercial use).  Then I applied to adsense through youtube.  I was approved.  Then I made a website that was not "hosted content" (not hosted by Google) and applied for an "upgrade" to my adsense account.  I was approved right away.  Now I'm sure they are still watching me, but I have not had any problem so far with adsense on my hubs.  Hope this helps.

3. xstatic profile image61
        xstaticposted 10 years ago

I think that you could read through the entire Google forum of Q & A & never find the answer that would help. They are totally unresponsive. I had a similar situation, started a blog maybe three years ago, applied for AdSense, abandoned the blog, forgot the password. Then just over a year ago, started writing on HP, applied through HP for AdSense, but they want me to use the original application. I have figured out no way to proceed. Google is not at all helpful.

4. profile image0
        Jennifer Sucheyposted 10 years ago

Hmmm. It seems I got my answer then. Unless I want to create a new email address, which I don't cause mine is my name, jen@jennifersuchey.com and jennifersuchey.com is my blog, then it's time to work on my blog. Which I eventually planned to do anyway. I just fear not will be harder to her approved with it than HubPagrs soce they said difficult navigation was one of the reasons o was denied yet its not remotely difficult and all links work. Anyway, we'll see how it goes. I appreciate all the replies.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84

The fact that they gave you specific reasons is encouraging.  It means you know what to fix.  So hang in there and I'm sure you'll get there!

5. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

I have seen this problem mentioned in other forums.  There seems to be no mechanism to change which site url you are applying for, if the initial application is unsuccessful.  It's a pain, but you are locked in until you can get that application approved.

6. Erin Joslin profile image68
        Erin Joslinposted 10 years ago

https://support.google.com/adsense/answ … ic=1250103

The URL above leads to google's FAQ about Adsense. They do specify that "in some locations, including India and China, the account holder has to own the website for at least six months." I don't think that means six months of content, just that your site has existed a certain length of time. They also answer the questions, "what are common mistakes people make when applying for Adsense?" "Why is my application being reviewed?" and "why has my application been denied?" among others.

7. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

Jennifer is not from a restricted country.

1. Erin Joslin profile image68
          Erin Joslinposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Right, then the six months shouldn't apply.

8. susi10 profile image96
        susi10posted 10 years ago

Hello!
        I am approved for AdSense on HubPages but can I apply for another website to monetize such as a blog or on Squidoo?

9. Writer Fox profile image31
        Writer Foxposted 10 years ago

You don't need to apply - just use your Adsense code anywhere you want.

1. profile image0

Sweet! I didn't know that, Writer Fox. Figured I had to apply again, but that it would just be easier the second go around. I just reapplied for my blog. We'll see how it goes, but I'm frustrated because one of the reasons I was denied is because they said I was under 18. Hahahahaaaa! I figured I must have missed a check box. However, upon reapplying, there was nothing about age anywhere. Frustrating. So, I may continually get denied cause they think I'm under 18 for whatever bizarre reason. And there's no way to talk to a human in any format whatsoever. Sigh.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84

Are you sure you didn't make a mistake when entering your date of birth?   That could be a tough one to fix.

1. profile image0

Okay, so you just gave me a lightbulb moment, Marisa. I was assuming there was something about my age when applying for AdSense. It didn't occur to me that it's a google account thing. I'm just beginning to understand google accounts more lately. Anyway, upon reading your post I went through hoops to figure out how to change my birthdate. I finally figured it out. I had 1996 instead of 1969. Only when I hit "save" to save my change it WON'T! It just looks at me and does nothing. UGHHHHH! I'm trying to get it changed before AdSense tries to approve me.

I hate Google.

Thanks for your tip, though. wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)