Do you think you know yourself well enough?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (32 posts)
  1. dghbrh profile image80
    dghbrhposted 10 years ago

Do you think you know yourself well enough, to know how you will react in any given situation?

1. BlossomSB profile image80
      BlossomSBposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I would usually reply, "Yes, of course," to that question, but when it comes to the crunch it does not always work out the way we would hope. Our spontaneous reactions can really surprise and make us feel ashamed sometimes. There's always something in ourselves that we find we need to work on to improve. Thank you for a great question.

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 10 years agoin reply to this

So true.

I know myself well enough to know what ultimate reaction and conclusion I'll come to in almost any given situation.
        But as you said, immediate reactions can surprise us.
        We humans are so fallible.........

dghbrhposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Brenda Durham...Thanks for your response here and I do quite agree with you here.

2. dghbrh profile image80

Many thanks for your response here Dear BlossomB.....i do agree with you here.

1. BlossomSB profile image80
          BlossomSBposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you dghbrh. One example I can think of was that I always thought that, as a Christian, my worldly possessions did not matter so much, they were things to be used. However, when we lost many of our possessions in a bushfire I found I was really upset. As I wrote before, we don't always know ourselves fully until it comes to the crunch.

1. profile image0
            Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Exactly.

2. kess profile image60
      kessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

in any given situation I can only do the right thing....

Its very nice to know that you are so confident always..God bless

3. Kevin Peter profile image61
      Kevin Peterposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Somtimes I feel that I am very perfect and do things in the right manner. But sometimes I get angry very soon and can't control myself. In such situations I get to know that I have not understood myself completely.

The self analysis will sure show you a nice way ahead ...my best wishes:-)

4. Thelma Alberts profile image91
      Thelma Albertsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I would say I can, but when a situation came, I reacted in a way that I thought it was not me at all who was reacting. If you know what I mean;-)

Yes....I do...But when you know yourself then the destination not far away I am sure about it....best wishes.

2. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

Seven years ago, I would have said a resounding yes. I have been humbled, I don't believe I realized my propensity for falling woefully short of the mark.

Thanks and best wishes :-)

3. Disappearinghead profile image61
    Disappearingheadposted 10 years ago

The thing I will say is that the traditional Christian view of Fred is far far removed from the Jewish view. Indeed the Christian view has evolved incorporating pagan beliefs such that it is now very much removed from 'reality'. The problem is that the Christian view is dominant in the Western World and is pushed so exclusively that the Christian World thinks its view of Fred is accurate.

It isn't.

Christians would do well to read up on Jewish views of Fred and look into how concepts of Fred have evolved over the last 2500 years. Once understood, this question of whether Fred could receive redemption becomes null and void.

Fred is not the name of an individual, it is a label for anyone who performs the activity of accusing or testing man, or opposing human activities. There are as many Freds as God deems he needs for his purposes and these Freds are always loyal and faithful to God.

The so single entity the Church calls Fred is entirely a Christian fabrication.

1. bBerean profile image60
      bBereanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Had you intended this response for tsmog in the thread "When a non-believer says they have looked God, how did they do it?"

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
        Disappearingheadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes it was intended for tsmog. I answered him from the news feed page so Hubpages decided to post my answer in a new thread.

4. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

Who's Fred?

Tsmog calls Satan, Fred.

1. profile image0

'course.

2. profile image0

Who's Tsmog?

You can find Tsmog's comments in the thread "When a non-believer says they have looked God, how did they do it?", pages 33 and 34.

1. profile image0

Oh, I missed your comment. Thanks bB.

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
              Disappearingheadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

There is a usability issue with Hubpages, (at least when viewed on Apple iThings) in that often when selecting the last post from the news feed or forum menu, you are not actually taken to the last post, especially if it is buried at the end of a very long thread.

OMG i was all very much confused as what I am going through and what is the link of my post here with this Fred.....anyways..what do I say here now....I think here I am still confused about that....LOL...thanks Beth for helping my head get little cleared...:-)

5. calmclinic profile image61
    calmclinicposted 10 years ago

I am safe to say I do.

Really so nice to k now that.
      Blessings :-)

6. profile image0
    SaralPayrollposted 10 years ago

Yes, of course as only because of this i judge what I can do or what i can not or where i need to go for vacations or how to spend my free times etc. and etc.

Many thanks for your response and you are pretty lucky to know yourself. Actually many people are here who does not know in any given situation (mainly unpleasant) how they can react and thus it can not be said to be known the own selves completely. Thanks!

7. profile image0
    SaralPayrollposted 10 years ago

Yes, exactly...in some exceptional cases it is really hard to decide for a person what to do or how to deal the situation but only he/she can decide that what the best can be done.

Thanks again and thus it shows that we human being are hardly aware of our own potential many a time. We have always miles ahead us when unknowingly we claim to know others when actually we dont know ourselves completely. That what i feel. Thanks

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)