My Right to Privacy...STAND BY ME!

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (19 posts)
  1. chipsball profile image59
    chipsballposted 10 years ago

4th Amendment Text
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Much has been made recently about our U.S. Government's domestic and international surveillance programs which monitor and collects data about me and other U.S. citizens and their ability to use this information...for "national security concerns".

I believe in the principles of the U.S. Constitution and the 4th Amendment to protect my right of privacy and do not want this right to be abridged or encumbered in ANY manner. When this occurs and it does...

I do not want the Government to know:

Who I speak to on my cell phone.
    Who I communicate with in my emails
    Who I associate with based on wiretaps or any other warrant-less actions
    What store I go to to purchase my food...and what I eat
    What video I purchase or what music I listen to
    What books I read
    Where I am currently located...and what I am doing there
    The places I have been
    The doctors who are treating me
    What my lawyer is advising me of
    What church I attend or don't attend

Simply put "WE THE PEOPLE" have allowed this erosion of our Constitutional rights to the point that the Patriot Act is acceptable and those who enacted the legislation can get away with saying it protects US from US. I disdain the fact that someone hovers over me night and day 24/7.

Now those "crocodile tears" being shed from both sides of the political spectrum and righteous indignation from disconnected and before uncaring U.S. citizens  are see and heard from the mountaintops...but where they before when my right of privacy was being trampled upon and crushed.

NO WHERE TO BE FOUND.

I can only speak for myself...I have only one voice. Whether it be the Obama Administration, the Bush Administration or future administrations I want my Right of Privacy protected and enforced. I realize that there is very little I can do other than protest and complain, however the feeling I have now is sickening but maybe just maybe...those who cherish the principals of the U.S. Constitution will...STAND BY ME!

1. profile image52
      Lie Detectorposted 10 years agoin reply to this

How do you feel about the second amendment?

2. Reality Bytes profile image74
      Reality Bytesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Muh Rights, muh rights!

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9DagsDPUK0VlXbiGQcLXwFfe9wxqcIRE_rx-caokOh5BXC5kZpw

Go light a candle!

2. chipsball profile image59

What do you feel about the 4th? That's what my post is about.

1. profile image52

I feel that your rights under the 4th amendment can and should be violated, I respect the entire constitution not just the parts I want to apply to me.

But I know you don't feel the same way.

3. Reality Bytes profile image74
    Reality Bytesposted 10 years ago

Your privacy is irrelevant, for your own safety!  We are keeping you safe from potential terrorists!

Unfortunately, you are a potential terrorist along with the rest of your fellow citizens.  So, we need to keep a diligent watch on you and your neighbors, for your own protection.

Government is good, individuals are bad!

Yes we can!
    Yes we can!
    Yes we can!
    Yes we can!
    Yes we can!
    Yes we can!
    Yes we can!
    Yes we can!
    Yes we can!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLk9Dsgkhmri5skRc8zJM3KXF-0F6Ynw7cFfP738zqGYWHboxVgw

Stop thinking so much and join in the mindless chanting, yes, you can!

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1t4r-a02PAhhgezai4XDZt4ewrRRPWU27S9E1gDXWZhPEJmtI

What is really preposterous is that someone actually revealed this to the public, leakers will be punished, severely!

On the Hunt for the NSA Wiretapping Leaker

In the wake of a pair of eye-opening reports on the government's domestic phone and internet monitoring programs, officials are turning their attention to who the source of the leaks was and how top secret information from one of America's most shadowy government agencies slipped into the open.

"It's completely reckless and illegal... It's more than just unauthorized. He's no hero," one senior law enforcement source told ABC News of the unidentified leaker. The source speculated that a single person could be behind both recent leaks to the British newspaper The Guardian and to The Washington Post.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/hunt-nsa- … bTxaZ3D-44

See, the problem does not lie with the government intruding on your rights, breaking their oath and violating the Constitution.  The problem is in who told the public of the fact!   This is why it is necessary for government to know who the press speak to, when, and about what. 

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxU05wsGcolNSHpZA_My5S1gaXxLfQTahQ5mn8uN0E0r4Ly4uviQ

MSNBC’s Martin Bashir: ‘IRS’ Is the New ‘N****r’

The GOP is using the term “IRS” in place of the term “n****r,” MSNBC host Martin Bashir claimed on his Wednesday show.  http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/35 … -c-w-cooke

Did you know that stating that government has done something wrong is also a new term for ni*g*r?

Your not racist, are you?

chipsballposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Your hatred of President Obama is obvious. Your ignorance of the U.S. Constitution is also obvious as well. When the Bush Administration enacted the Patriot Act you like others allowed it with blind ignorance of your rights...and blind obedience. You were the "lap dog" for those who pretended an interest in your protections under the Bill of Rights.

YES WE CAN...under President Obama for four more years is very exciting and welcome by me and many other Americans...tough it out if you can OR move to another country!

1. Reality Bytes profile image74

Perhaps in your mind?    Many of those that suffer from mental illness believe that their thoughts are reality!

As to your knowledge concerning my awareness of a document, this is a case of not being able to differentiate your thoughts from reality! 

Yet another instance of you believing your own delusions!  Wake up!  Just because you think it, does not make it true.

But  "muh privacy",  is that not what you claimed in your OP? 

Would you like to make anymore unsubstantiated claims as to your knowledge of the Constitution?  C'mon fess up, you have never read the U.S. Constitution yourself.  The only knowledge you possess is that which you have heard from others!

Reality Bytes the U.S Constitution protects us all and my Right of Privacy is contained therein. Should you and others dismiss it for me only dismisses for you as well.

I would give my life to defend YOUR rights.  Would you?

You have no regards to the U.S. Constitution and I wouldn't jump in that foxhole with YOU! You couldn't be TRUSTED OR DEPENDED UPON! Try reading the Bill of Rights.

lol

Dat's ok, cuz I stand alone anyway.  But, I always stand my ground!

At least I am not pathetically begging for strangers on a public forum to "STAND BY ME!"

lol

SLIPKNOT

"This is the year where hope fails you
                The test subjects run the experiments
                And the bastards you know, is the hero you hate
                But cohesion is possible if we strive
                There's no reason, there's no lesson
                No time like the present, telling you right now
                What have you got to lose, what have you got to lose
                Except your soul? Just listen

I fight for the unconventional
                My right, and it's unconditional
                I can only, be as real as I can
                Because advantages, I never knew the plan
                This isn't the way just to be a martyr
                I can't, walk alone any longer
                I fight, for the ones that can't fight
                And if I lose, at least I tried"

2. profile image0
        JaxsonRaineposted 10 years agoin reply to this

chipsball... are you really saying that you don't want the government spying on you, but you are fine with Obama, who just said that it's necessary for the government to spy on you?

read my post...I mention the Obama Administration, the Bush Administration and future administrations.

1. profile image0
            JaxsonRaineposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You've been defending Obama...

"under President Obama for four more years is very exciting and welcome by me and many other Americans"

Why is it exciting and welcoming for you to have four more years of a POTUS who says that he is going to spy on you?

4. chipsball profile image59

Lie Detector the entire constitution applies to me as well as you. You can launch personal attacks against me, but it doesn't matter. The fact you believe the government SHOULD violate my right of privacy is why we have an erosion of the Constitution...even to the  "parts" you cherish I cherish them ALL! 

but your ignorance of the U.S. Constitution, hatred towards President Obama and disdain for me personally for an opinion a wrote only illustrates why Lie Detector is a fraud and  a coward.

1. profile image52

Not exactly, I have seen your posts on the second amendment. The only personal attacks is the one you just posted.

I have never posted remarks one way or the other on the 2nd amendment. Your attempts to change the subject on this Hubpage topic and attack me personally is a waste of Hub space...so Shoo Fly!
        You are a fraud and coward.

1. profile image52

Yes you have, not changing the subject at all, you want people to stand by you but you don't want to stand by them.

Again, you are the only one offering personal attacks.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)